Geopolitical (locational) astrology

CapAquaPis

I found a map of continental France divided into 12 zodiac signs, thus it's a geographical zodiac of ones' hometown or region. I wonder this pie graph is used for every geopolitical nation in the world to determine a locality's zodiac sign.

https://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=75025&stc=1&d=1525758074

Would anyone please make one of the continental USA? I like to see which zodiac signs covers my part of California or the southwestern US region? The zodiac sign could give a characteristic of the hometown, region and its' people.

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    45.7 KB · Views: 49

CapAquaPis

Two ways to do a geopolitical zodiac graph chart of the US - geographic center and another for the 48 states.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Geographic_center_of_the_United_States

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Geographic_center_of_the_contiguous_United_States

And I found one for California, you can make a geopolitical zodiac graph for your state you live in (mine is CA, of course).
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_geographic_centers_of_the_United_States

I suppose Southern Cal. is Aquarius or Pisces for the US graph and the Palm Springs-Coachella valley area is Scorpio or Sagittarius for the CA graph. CA is known for social liberalism and spirituality experimentation, and the Palm Springs-Coachella valley area for being a desert and an affluent community.

CapAquaPis

To make a geopolitical zodiac graph of the (continental) USA, I find the two straight lines: latitude (39*50 N) and longitude (98* 35W). The east-west latitude stretches from south of Philadelphia, PA, north of Kansas City, south of Provo UT, to north of Red Bluff, CA. The north-south longitude is west of Oklahoma City, Fort Worth-Dallas, and Austin and San Antonio, TX.

The graph would show most of Oregon and Utah lies in Aries, Idaho and western Montana in Taurus, eastern Montana in Gemini, Minnesota in Cancer, Detroit in Lower Michigan in Leo, the Northeast corridor megalopolis from Washington DC to NYC to Boston in Virgo, the Carolinas in Libra, much of the deep south plus entire Florida in Scorpio, eastern half of TX like Houston in Sagittarius, and western half of TX in Capricorn.

On the image in the first post which shows the graph in France: my Dad's home region (Nord-Pas de Calais, now merged with Picardie) is split between Gemini and Cancer. The sign Gemini is one of communication (their language revivals of West Flemish and Ch'timi or Picard since the 1960s) and Cancer is one of family ties, history and the past, and social conservatism.

CapAquaPis

In ancient astrology, the world map is divided into twelve 30-degree zones, it is based on the constellations of the night sky. It starts at the 30' E longitude and the middle latitude is 23' N-the tropic of Cancer (as the Great Pyramid of Giza is located at the longitude meets 30' N) and the south point is 15' N or the extant of ancient Egypt was the northern half of the Sudan along the Nile river region. The limits of this world map is 85' N (nobody lives in the North pole above 82') and 40' S, very few people live between this and the 55' S latitudes before the northern tip of Antarctica (its peninsula).

The zodiacal constellations of Aries (the ram or "aryan" thought to mean divine) and Taurus (the bull or "taurean" which can mean "terran" or of the earth) represents Europe (the continent-Aries, and British Isles and Iberia-Taurus), while Orion represents the east coast of North America (its 7 stars are on the pre-1830s Cherokee Nation flag) south of the sign Gemini, the "big dipper" of Ursa Major+the north star represents Alaska and northern Canada (the 7-stars on the Alaska state flag) 60' north of the sign Virgo, and Crux can represent Australia and New Zealand (the 5 stars on their national flags) 60' south of the sign Libra.

Here's the Astro-Geographical map of the world divided into 12 longitudinal signs starting at the "new" Greenwich Prime Meridian (0*).
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s4vfi13Vt90

Last edited:

CapAquaPis

Which countries are ideal for you, specifically for your sun sign, here's a few I was able to find (they are known for characteristics as societies and cultures):
Aries - England and Germany. Some say France (northern) is included. Iran and Japan.
Taurus - European Union, Central Asia (Turkistan), Mongolia, Texas, and Argentina.
Gemini - Greece and India (northern areas in each one). Egypt (the "Upper"), Wales and Scandinavia (Swedes and Finns).
Cancer - Scotland, Turkey (European), Saudi Arabia, Morocco (North Africa as well), and Victoria.
Leo - Spain (Leon), Italy, Eastern Europe, South Africa, and Quebec.
Virgo - France (southern), Russia, Florida, California (southern), and Queensland.
Libra - Scandinavia (Danes and Norway), Italy (Rome), Netherlands, Hong Kong, and Thailand.
Scorpio - Cornwall, Turkey (Asian), Australia (western), Mexico, and Brazil.
Sagittarius - Spain (Castille), Chile, Australia (southern), USA, and Canada.
Capricorn - Greece (entire nation), India, China, Japan, and Australia (northern).
Aquarius - Egypt (Copts in "Lower"), California, Australia (New south wales), Tibet, and South Korea.
Pisces - Greece (southern), Israel, Portugal, Hawaii, and New Zealand.
As a Californian (southern half 100-120 miles from L.A. and 70-90 from Mexico) and Aquarius sun/moon person, it appears I'm born and living in the right place.

CapAquaPis

The highly powerful line of Ophiuchus (if it were a sign itself), is where the meridian lines of Scorpio and Sagittarius meet, esp in California (120*W) and the 60*E longitudes - the hypothetical origin of Indo-Europeans or "Aryans". Another version puts the 25*W longitude as the prime meridian of the zodiac, making Israel (35-37*E) - the holy land, of great significance to the world. The same meridian line is 145* W near Hawaii, while the 155*E is the opposite of 25*W and it's near easternmost Australia (part of Australasia).

And finally, latitudes: the paranormal activity-laden 33*N and 33*S latitudes are treated as parallel lines of Ophiuchus, again where Scorpio and Sagittarius "tropic" zones meet. The 33*N crosses California and Israel where it meets those longitudinal areas, while the 33*S crosses New Zealand and Australia. Places where the 33*N and 33*S latitudes crosses are hot spots of UFOs sightings and other paranormal activity, esp. thin-shape Chile in South America (and nearby nations of Argentina, Bolivia and Peru), and South(ern) Africa.

Last edited:

CapAquaPis

I had a free local chart reading (needs to pay a subscription to read extended version) and since I'm an Aquarius (Feb 15, 1980), the two sign ruler planets play the most important roles: Saturn and Uranus. My birthplace is Fontana, Cal, USA...at my birth time (2:20pm or 1420 hours Pacific), Uranus is 5* due west (recommended for travel only and open artistic exploration) and Saturn is 1* East (strong sticky place to live and learning to adapt to barriers). About 1* east of Fontana, Cal, USA is my hometown Indio in the Palm Springs area, and 5* is the Northwest Cal coast. On the local space chart, I'm certain the degree and diagonal lines of Saturn meet in Death Valley, Cal. (a desert like where I'm living now) and for Uranus is the San Francisco Bay area, Cal. (a liberal haven I had visited before). And my natal Saturn is in Virgo, while Uranus is in Scorpio. Any place with a Leo (and similarly with my local space chart originating in my birthplace, much of the USA) line or rising is a difficult place to travel, relocate and make any close friends from there.

Last edited:

CapAquaPis

The ancient world local space chart from 35N and 35E covers an area from the equator to 70N and from 30W to 90E. To the east or ascending line is Aries or the hypothetical homeland of the "Aryans" and to the southeast (11th sign) is Aquarius, the origin of the Jews and their religion's ruling planet Saturn (note the term Shabbos or Sabbath for Saturday is the seventh or sixth day of week-Saturn). In between the two is Pisces, the sign of Christianity, an offshoot of Judaism and the main religion of Europe and western civilization for the last 2,000 years. The northeast are Taurus, Gemini (specifically the first recorded historic civilizations of Mesopotamia like Sumeria and Babylonia in present-day Iraq and Syria) and Cancer: symbolized by the Moon (Taurus and Cancer) and the twins like to mean between the two moon signs (Gemini) and it's no coincidence Turkey to the north has a national symbol of the crescent moon on their red flag. And Virgo represents the European continent, long associated with pagan religions with mother earth figures or deities.

Last edited:

CapAquaPis

The Cherokee Nation in astrology:
Libra is their sign (their national holiday is Sep 6th, the sun is in Virgo). For them, they are symbolized by the scales: Both indigenous and Anglo-American. They were (re)established in the northeast part of Indian Territory in 1839 after the infamous Trail of Tears forced removal from their original homeland in the southern Appalachias.

Scorpio is the sun sign of Oklahoma when admitted as a state (Nov 16, 1907), its parans sign when the sun is descendant is in Leo (Ascendant Taurus and MC Aquarius).

Taurus is Texas' sign, but their statehood sun sign (Dec 29, 1845) is under the sign Capricorn, and as the Texas Republic in Mar 20, 1836 - Pisces cusp Aries.

As part of the USA, it has a Gemini sign, a nationhood sun sign (Jul 4, 1776) of Cancer with an Aquarius moon, and some astrologers say a Sagittarius rising.

All 12 signs represented in the Cherokee nation's profile, but the 3 strongest (the middle of the astrological year) are Virgo (their traditional new year on a Pisces full moon, although they adopted the western calendar as a fixed solar date), Libra (their history as a tribal nation) and Scorpio (their ethnic diaspora in all 50 US states and the Americas).

Last edited:

CapAquaPis

On my geographic natal chart map of the world, 2 areas (173' East to 177' west = 9-18' Taurus which is my mom's natal sun...and 33'-42' East = 17-26' Sagittarius which is my dad's natal sun) indicates Mom's Native American (Oklahoma Cherokee) side via Siberian origins, and Dad's alleged Jewish ancestors on his French / Flemish family in Europe...the map showed me clues to my family's ethnogenetic past.

CapAquaPis

Local space charts may indicate your parental ancestry origins as well. From my marker in Fontana, CA, US (birthplace) shows Taurus in the southeast cover most of south America (my mother's possible Latino or Hispanic links in her Cherokee side) and it's the 11th house which is under Aquarius (my sun sign) can tell me more about my French born father with his national or regional history connected with Spain and Iberia.