What can one with 6 planets in the 8th house expect out of life?

anne3

Banned
Based on my understanding of a small set of ancient authors and their translaters, 8th house signifies idleness, the process of dying due to that idleness, the death itself, and inheritances from one's partners, sometimes one's parents.

There are many other factors to consider, however. Of the three main factors (planets, signs and houses), I find the planets and signs to be more important. So the first question I would ask is, where is the Sun? Then, it depends on which six planets are in there. If we take into account the three modern planets (Uranus/Neptune/Pluto), there are 210 planetary combinations possible. After that, what sign(s) are they in, and are they all in the same sign? Then we have to consider the house rulerships of those planets.

Houses and signs are important, but the planets are most important, in my opinion. So the planetary combinations completely change matters, even when we have two or more charts where six planets are in the same 8th house.

Now the combinations themselves, there are positive combinations. Venus/Mercury makes people talented in the arts and music fields. Mercury/Moon makes very perceptive and somewhat intelligent people. Mercury/Mars people are good at arguments and competitive. Mercury/Saturn makes those good at studying, thinking deeply, and makes the person fascinated in occult and philosophical enquiries. Moon/Jupiter can make the person popular or have a substantial inheritance. All this despite being placed in the 8th, because planets are stronger than houses.

On the other hand, some combinations are particularly harmful (note I only use the seven planets). For instance, Venus/Mars and Venus/Saturn both signify sexual problems. Venus/Mars can mean being overly-promiscuous (putting the native at risk of catching venereal diseases), or adultery, or it can mean being a rape victim, or having a partner who was a victim of violence or sexual crimes, etc. Venus/Saturn can make the native seek unnatural sex, from the relatively innocuous to the really dangerous (bestiality, sex with dangerous objects, sex with people who have AIDS, etc). Venus/Saturn can also lead to marriage/partnership with an older person (which isn't necessarily bad) or someone who is infertile or someone who already had children (again, not necessarily bad).

However, to know the specific pros and cons, we need to consider the sect and the zodiac signs, as well the bounds/terms the planets are in.

Thank you Larxene! Without asking to look at my chart you gave me a LOT to consider and I thank you for your great knowledge and insight.

I don't want to post my chart because posting my chart with each and every question I have results in people getting annoyed because it looks like I am asking for a chart reading over and over. I am trying to avoid that but I do have a lot of questions about my chart (and just some random questions in general) so I just ask the questions.

To answer your questions, I have sun, moon, mercury, mars, venus, pluto all in the 8th. All the planets are in libra except mercury which is in virgo. virgo is the cusp of the 8th house. sun, moon, mercury are all conjunct each other, pluto conjuncts moon and mars, and I have mars/venus conjunct but I am not promiscuous; I am very passionate and intense in relationships though. Jupiter trines sun, moon, mercury, but Saturn also semi squares all three as well.

Last edited:

Larxene

...and I have mars/venus conjunct but I am not promiscuous; I am very passionate and intense in relationships though...

Now you see, the sign makes all the difference. Libra is the sign of Venus. Venus is her own sign is more well-behaved. Mars is in his detriment or exiled though, so there are negative influences from him, perhaps you were a victim of violence before...indeed you were bullied. Libra in the 8th usually means Aquarius or Pisces Ascendant. If you are Pisces Ascendant, then that explains being bullied. Otherwise, the Mars may mean something different.

I also want to take this opportunity to note that, the 8th house doesn't monopolise the signification of death. The 7th, the 4th, Saturn and Mars all have strong relations with death. There may even be some lots on death.

Last edited:

anne3

Banned
I also want to take this opportunity to note that, the 8th house doesn't monopolise the signification of death. The 7th, the 4th, Saturn and Mars all have strong relations with death. There may even be some lots on death.

Thanks, Larxene. I'm an Aquarius ascendant. I am frequently bullied though. Moreso as an adult than when I was a child.

The death aspects you mentioned are still trying for me...I have Saturn in the 7th, Jupiter in the 4th and mars in 8th. :eek:

What was the last line that you said "there may even be some lots on death" what does that mean?

sworm09

Ok, what you said here is very interesting. So, a packed 8th house could mean that I marry someone who has a lot of money?

No that's not what I mean.

You say it doesn't have much to do with relationships but you then say it means situations where someone drains the life out of me or bullies me (Yup, I have the being bullied aspect for sure)....but why does the 8th house indicate these interactions with people?

It CAN indicate those interactions, but the 8th house's primary focus isn't relationships. The keyword I'd use for 8th house is powerless. You can't do anything about 8th house things, period. That's why I used the example of abuse i.e. a situation where you'd feel powerless.

I figured it had something to do with relationships because the 8th comes after the 7th.....like the 5th house means dating but 7th means marriage I thought the 8th would be life with the partner (if there is one) after marriage.

The 5th house is sex, the 7th is relationships in general, and the 8th is your partner's money. The 8th isn't life after marriage. For that you still look at the 7th.

Also, if you say the 8th house indicates situations where I lose what I have physically, emotionally, spiritually, but that it also means spouse's money, does this mean I will lose the spouse's money? Sorry, just trying to clarify.

That's comparing apples and oranges, keep those significations separate. The 8th house represents loss and it also represents your spouse's money. There isn't a connection there. This is similar to how the 7th house represents your spouse as well as your business partner, the two aren't necessarily connected.