When will I get out of all these issues?

OctGirl

Sorry I was not sure where this belongs Q to, but I hope someone will chip in and help me. After looking at the chart, I am also a little doubtful if I can ask this way? Or I should have asked will my miseries end rather than when they would? It might have left some scope for showing "all issues" may not get solved but few may improve :(

Anyhow, all the miseries in the world on my head - no job, no finances, deep in debts, personal life in a huge mess, living away from my family, no money to go home, no friends, etc. The list goes on and on and been going on since about an year. I just tried to see when this bad phase will end. I went till suicidal depression, tried to recover, not sure I am fully up but at least sensible for a while.

I am more depressed looking at the chart - Moon and Saturn in 8H along with POF - is that a straight negative - no need to interpret further? I am doomed for depression and this phase will go on forever? Merc is in 5H, square both chart ruler and Moon, so no respite?

AC is fixed sign and ruler is in 2H without any favorable aspects :(

AC ruler and 12H ruler same - which I think is bad too?

archergirl

Well, the question is a bit unconventional, but there's probably an answer in there somewhere.:)

With the Moon conjoining Saturn in the 8th, this simply shows us that you are in despair, mostly about finances. With your own significator in the 2nd house and the 2nd significator in the house of debt, this shows that the money issue is really weighing you down.

The Moon's next application is a trine to the Sun in house 4. Since H4 rules your 'home', this may indicate that you receive some help (or ask for it) from someone 'at home'; a family member, maybe a male (Dad? Uncle?).

With the Moon applying to a Rx Saturn (and POF in the same house: note the dispositor of POF is the Sun: see the connection? It is also opposed to your significator Jupiter; so your good fortune is in some way at odds with what you are currently doing or how you are doing it) it may be that you need to re-examine how you are handling your finances/situation. Saturn, if anything, means discipline. Going further into debt is obviously not the answer, so what can you do, in the meantime, to stop the spiralling?

I'm unsure as to how someone can end up in a situation where there is absolutely no respite or way out. It may be that the solutions from which you have to choose are unpleasant, or require you to change your habits or plans, or require you to lower your pride and ask someone you don't want to ask for help, or that you will simply have to chip away at the issues one bit at a time. The ruler of the 11th (the house of 'safe harbours') is Mars, strong in domicile, and sits in the 3rd of communications. This may be the key to getting started: communicating.

I hate to say it, but sitting around feeling depressed won't bring you any closer to a solution. You'll just have to put one foot in front of the other, and maybe ask for help.:) Take control over the things you have control over (your money should be one of them) and tackle one thing at a time.

AG:)

OctGirl

AG, as always, you are right on target - I was thinking of asking financial help from my mother and uncle. But that's again more debt and unless I get a job cant see any way to get out of it :(

I wish I know what is it I am doing wrong so that I can right it. Any how, I am intrigued about Merc applying to both Saturn/Moon and chart ruler Jupiter.

archergirl

You're in Bradford, yes? Surely there's a JobCentre close by; and adverts in the local papers, etc. There are also temping agencies, signs in post office/shop windows, etc. Schools always need cleaners and cooks. There must be *some* way to start earning money and addressing the debt, even if it isn't what you want to do 'with the rest of your life' and even if you have to take some serious austerity measures in the meantime. I worked in a jam factory and mowed lawns for awhile. I also put an ad in the free papers and cleaned houses for awhile. Can you iron? Mr. Archergirl packed fax rolls into boxes.

Go to Citizen's Advice Bureau and get some advice on managing your debt and getting the payments reduced. This is the UK. They fall over themselves to get people into work and out of debt! You can do it!

A debt to your family is better (in some ways, not in others) than a debt to the bank. Any means of giving you a jump-start into the next phase should be considered.

OctGirl

Thanks, AG :)

Yes, taken as one step at a time, sounds better. I am in UK but not citizen here so no such luxuries of help from outside. I just thank the God for a good support from home.

But last 6 months have been utter chaos - now I woke up to realise I should do some thing to get out of my financial worries. A few days back was in too much emotional turmoil to handle anything on my own. Finances are bogging me down but easiest of my miseries as of now. May be that's where I can start working to repair my life.

I am too lost - so many things in life went wrong at a time.

archergirl

I am too lost - so many things in life went wrong at a time.

I've been there. It is a terrible place to find yourself.

Break it down into small pieces. Don't look at 'everything' at once; you will get overwhelmed, and when you are overwhelmed you will either make bad decisions or simply have a mental breakdown.

Just a suggestion here:

You might want to try making a list, with one 'problem' per page, so Page 1. Debt. Page 2. Job, Page 3. Personal life etc. Then go through each 'problem page' and list the things that you CAN do to help you move forward. Like this:

Page 1: Debt
1. Ask mother for a loan
2. Ring Citizen's Advice Bureau and make appointment for debt counselling
3. Ring bank/credit card/whoever and speak to credit manager about lowering payments
4. Stop buying coffee from Costa
5. etc.

Some problems will be much easier to 'solve' or to break down into smaller parts than others. Your personal life, for example, may not have any 'solution' but time and patience, so put that 'list' at the back. You can't ever really solve personal problems in one day, anyhow!

I found myself with a monster debt, on both sides of the ocean; credit card debts in England and credit card/student loan debts in the US. If I didn't take control of it, I was going to sink, and my family wasn't willing to help.

What I did was make a spreadsheet for all my debts, with the biggest/most expensive debts first, and the smallest/lowest interest debts at the end. I wrote down how much the minimum payments each month were, what the outstanding balance was, how much the interest rate was; everything.

My goal was to pay off the biggest/highest interest debts first, so I put the most money toward them each month, and each time I made a payment I adjusted my spreadsheet to show all of this, including by how much my interest payments were reduced every time I made a payment to the debt. I kept a 'grand total' of the debt as a note, in red, on the side of the spreadsheet, so every month I could see that 'grand total' getting smaller. It will take me another two years to pay it all off, but even the IDEA of getting some control back over my money, was very powerful. When I would get the urge to go buy a nice pair of boots, I would remember that I needed that money for the next payment on, say, Credit Card Number Two...and I didn't spend.

This is very long (and has nothing to do with astrology now!:p ), but if you take a slow, practical, and small steps approach to your life, you CAN get out of this bad space, and take back some power/control in your life. Just don't try to fix everything at once.

OctGirl

:)

Yes, I am maintaining XLs for everything, even to get into interview it is so much of penny pinching I need to plan ahead and plan well for travel. And UK is expensive.

And what you said is the absolute truth in life -financial problems have more tangible solutions, we can still manage to get over them. Personal problems never have solutions. Irony is I was led into debts for personal reasons, the reason is gone but debts remained.