What happens if your South Node is the same as your Sun?

GeminiSun

And your North Node is the same as your Moon?

Can anyone explain to me why this is and what it means for my chart? No one has ever been able to explain this to me.

South Node is who you were in another life or the type of characteristics you have to "let go of" in this lifetime, but my South Node is in Gemini in the 8th House, just like my Sun. So that's apart of me... A big part of me.

The North Node is what you aspire to be or what your mission is in your life, my North Node is in Sagittarius in the 2nd House. My Moon is in Sagittarius in the 2nd House.

What a weird, crazy lifetime! It makes no sense to me. Can anyone explain this while looking at my chart?

Attachments

• Astrotheme_Vx2dvuM3ZgPf.png
    Astrotheme_Vx2dvuM3ZgPf.png
    101.9 KB · Views: 18

AppLeo

In this life you must turn away from your ego and selfish desires. The south node tells what we have completed or have already and we no longer need those things. It's a little weird being conjunct the sun because the sun is just super important, but in your case you are trying to get away from the whole gemini 8th house thing.

JUPITERASC

And your North Node is the same as your Moon?

Can anyone explain to me why this is
The aspect usually indicates an eclipse
so I checked my ephemeris
and
although you have not provided all details
such as day of birth and so on
the chart tells the story
Your birth occurred just TEN HOURS BEFORE a FULL MOON LUNAR ECLIPSE
:smile:

and what it means for my chart? No one has ever been able to explain this to me.

South Node is who you were in another life or the type of characteristics you have to "let go of" in this lifetime, but my South Node is in Gemini in the 8th House, just like my Sun. So that's apart of me... A big part of me.

The North Node is what you aspire to be or what your mission is in your life, my North Node is in Sagittarius in the 2nd House. My Moon is in Sagittarius in the 2nd House.

What a weird, crazy lifetime! It makes no sense to me. Can anyone explain this while looking at my chart?

GeminiSun

In this life you must turn away from your ego and selfish desires. The south node tells what we have completed or have already and we no longer need those things. It's a little weird being conjunct the sun because the sun is just super important, but in your case you are trying to get away from the whole gemini 8th house thing.
Oh my God this makes a lot of sense for me, but I don't know how to let go.

Every attempt I make to get what I selfishly want out of this life, or to accomplish something selfish-oriented, it never works out and it leads me down a dark path.

I don't know how I'm gonna let my ego die. Or how to stop the 8th House energy. I really resonate with it. It's been my whole life, very 8th House themed.

GeminiSun

The aspect usually indicates an eclipse
so I checked my ephemeris
and
although you have not provided all details
such as day of birth and so on
the chart tells the story
Your birth occurred just TEN HOURS BEFORE a FULL MOON LUNAR ECLIPSE
:smile:
I'm not sure what this means. If my birth occurred ten hours before a full moon lunar eclipse, what is the significance of that?

And gosh this lifetime is so bad for me. lol.

AppLeo

Oh my God this makes a lot of sense for me, but I don't know how to let go.

Every attempt I make to get what I selfishly want out of this life, or to accomplish something selfish-oriented, it never works out and it leads me down a dark path.

I don't know how I'm gonna let my ego die. Or how to stop the 8th House energy. I really resonate with it. It's been my whole life, very 8th House themed.

Well your ego is not your destiny. Moon conjunct your North Node suggests that your needs must be met.

I'm not sure, but this is like someone who gets everything they want in life, but they never get what really makes them happy. Like a rich person who never gets love. I could be talking crazy, but thats what I see in the aspect.

JUPITERASC

OK, thank you for this!
:happy:
More interesting eclipse information for you :smile:
ECLIPSES on the same or similar degree
recur at intervals

BILL MERIDIAN
- a pupil of CHARLES JAYNE

QUOTE FROM:

"Predictive Power of Eclipse Paths"
by Bill Meridian:

“Eclipse paths are an astrological technique that can pin point important areas on the surface of the earth for you individually.
When you were born there had to be an eclipse near your birth.

By a method developed in the 1930's by Lorne Edward Johndhro of California,
which he later passed on to Charles A Jayne Junior of New York,
we can determine which eclipse is your eclipse path
This could be an area that could be very important to you during your life,
whether you go there or not.
People from that area, ideas from that area, products from that area, can be very important to you.
If you are like me, you wind up living right under your eclipse path!”

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_t4FQ...eature=related

Bill Meridan's book explains that Eclipses on the same area can be studied as eclipse families.

and

An eclipse
can link two places together.

Eclipse effects ARE NOT NECESSARILY 'disastrous'
but they are certainly linked with change

such as relocation, change of career, relationship changes
and so on
An eclipse does not necessarily affect everyone,
only those whose natal charts are connected to it
by aspect to their natal planets
and/or
aspect to their ASC/DESC/IC/MC
Important to keep in mind
that the eclipse degree may be activated
by any transiting PLANET
within 6 months to a yearAND
MAY ALSO BE RE-ACTIVATED
BY ECLIPSES
even years later

also
changes indicated may well occur to others
- such as friends, co-workers and not solely to family
and

when eclipses affect countries
then the entire population is in some way affected

'.....There are eclipses that re-activate other eclipses
from decades earlier and 'repeat',
which MAY have significant impact due to that eclipse degree remaining a sensitive point for years,
decades,
even centuries.
Far longer than anyone had previously thought

A book to revolutionize the study of eclipses
at Cycles Research....' http://www.billmeridian.com/ppoep.html

HOW CURRENT ECLIPSES ACTIVATE PAST ECLIPSES
TO INDICATE FUTURE ACTIVITY ON THE EARTH
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kiql9D7-sRc

Chillaxer

Interesting. I also have South node conjunct Sun, and in addition my North node ruler is my sun, plus a stellium around my South node, so this whole theme is central to me. It may mean that your south node habits are doubly emphasised and it is even more likely or often that you slip into them- that said, the Nodes are a balance so, as people have said on my chart, maybe there is still unfinished business, or karma if you see it that way, with the south node.

You have a similar ascendant to me, with a Gemini 8th house and vertex like me. It seems significant that your Vertex(v. important point IMO) is conjunct your sun and south node, this is a fascinating aspect because as I see it, the Vertex is clearly the positive development with the Vertex/Anti-Vertex polarity. And it's conjunct your SN. And yet, the NN is the positive development with the nodal polarity, and it's conjunct the Anti-Vertex.

This would seem to require very delicate balancing and seems to represent being pulled in different directions for evolution, like it's predestined.

To me the Anti-Vertex is more negative in a more fated way, than the SN, whose habits you will always display to some degree. So it's better that your sun is conjunct the SN and Vertex in my view, means go with your natural character and temperament, but don't fall into the lower expression of your sun/SN sign(there should be reading on that on the web)- so I'd say your NN is about maybe diverting and evolving the expression of your sun and SN, and maybe it also indicates that there are some tough fated experiences(Anti-Vertex) that will be necessary for growth and development.

As for the sign and house placements, Gem 8th is a detail orientated, forensic, curious, and more dutiful(though still mutable) sign in the house of deep connections, hidden research, transformation, shared resources. So Gem in this house would seem to be a very journalistic, forensic sign in terms of research on hidden subjects or 'Plutonic' subjects. One possibility.
Sag 2nd, more in the case of the anti-vertex(from my experience with this position) would seem to be about the problem of being too big picture, over-confident/expansive, unreliable, feckless, with personal resources, security, self worth, desires and attachments.
However as I say in the case of the NN being conjunct it might mean you will grown and learn from this crucially. Maybe lessons over resources and worth?

The polarity seems to be details and lower mind in shared connections/resources vs philosophy and big picture, and abstration in personal resources and perception. Still working on understanding this polarity as it is key in my chart.

Sorry if I digressed a lot there, hope I covered the conjunction, but I couldn't help noticing those fascinating traits in your chart and thought I'd try and interpret....

Last edited:

craft94

I dated (short term) a Gemini Sun with a Gemini South Node. He was very selfish. I don't think he was necessarily a bad person. I don't think he went out of his way to do shitty things. In fact, the opposite, but ultimately, he was gonna do what he wanted in any given moment regardless of how it affects others. Not sadistic or cruel but negligent and unreliable. So maybe you're a bit similar?

The Vertex stuff is interesting though. I know next to nothing about The Vertex, including whether or not it's a real thing because I have zero experience with it. Vertex is conjunct the North Node in my own chart though so maybe for me it's hard to differentiate the two. Reading what Chillaxer said, I think maybe your goal is balance. Like a Libra kinda haha but not. Sagittarius is an optimistic sign and 2nd house is about material and physical pleasure; Gemini overthinks and the 8th house is kinda....well...dark. Maybe you only know one extreme or the other and THATS your downfall. Maybe bad things happen when you gloss over the details AND when you overthink and your nodal/vertex placements are saying you need to find a middle path.

GeminiSun

Well your ego is not your destiny. Moon conjunct your North Node suggests that your needs must be met.

I'm not sure, but this is like someone who gets everything they want in life, but they never get what really makes them happy. Like a rich person who never gets love. I could be talking crazy, but thats what I see in the aspect.
This is gonna sound weird, crazy and dramatic but that's just the type of person I am. :biggrin:

I always resonated with the final scene in The Devil Wears Prada. When the main character is in the limo and got everything she thought she wanted... But she still wasn't happy. So she ran out of the limo the last minute, left her boss and threw her phone in the waterfall and gave it all up.

Your comment made me question why I resonated with that scene so much as a little kid. Random, I know.

GeminiSun

Interesting. I also have South node conjunct Sun, and in addition my North node ruler is my sun, plus a stellium around my South node, so this whole theme is central to me. It may mean that your south node habits are doubly emphasised and it is even more likely or often that you slip into them- that said, the Nodes are a balance so, as people have said on my chart, maybe there is still unfinished business, or karma if you see it that way, with the south node.

You have a similar ascendant to me, with a Gemini 8th house and vertex like me. It seems significant that your Vertex(v. important point IMO) is conjunct your sun and south node, this is a fascinating aspect because as I see it, the Vertex is clearly the positive development with the Vertex/Anti-Vertex polarity. And it's conjunct your SN. And yet, the NN is the positive development with the nodal polarity, and it's conjunct the Anti-Vertex.

This would seem to require very delicate balancing and seems to represent being pulled in different directions for evolution, like it's predestined.

To me the Anti-Vertex is more negative in a more fated way, than the SN, whose habits you will always display to some degree. So it's better that your sun is conjunct the SN and Vertex in my view, means go with your natural character and temperament, but don't fall into the lower expression of your sun/SN sign(there should be reading on that on the web)- so I'd say your NN is about maybe diverting and evolving the expression of your sun and SN, and maybe it also indicates that there are some tough fated experiences(Anti-Vertex) that will be necessary for growth and development.

As for the sign and house placements, Gem 8th is a detail orientated, forensic, curious, and more dutiful(though still mutable) sign in the house of deep connections, hidden research, transformation, shared resources. So Gem in this house would seem to be a very journalistic, forensic sign in terms of research on hidden subjects or 'Plutonic' subjects. One possibility.
Sag 2nd, more in the case of the anti-vertex(from my experience with this position) would seem to be about the problem of being too big picture, over-confident/expansive, unreliable, feckless, with personal resources, security, self worth, desires and attachments.
However as I say in the case of the NN being conjunct it might mean you will grown and learn from this crucially. Maybe lessons over resources and worth?

The polarity seems to be details and lower mind in shared connections/resources vs philosophy and big picture, and abstration in personal resources and perception. Still working on understanding this polarity as it is key in my chart.

Sorry if I digressed a lot there, hope I covered the conjunction, but I couldn't help noticing those fascinating traits in your chart and thought I'd try and interpret....
Balance. I've definitely learned a lot of that the last 8 years. It's been hell but many priceless lessons well learned. Thanks for your comment!

GeminiSun

I dated (short term) a Gemini Sun with a Gemini South Node. He was very selfish. I don't think he was necessarily a bad person. I don't think he went out of his way to do shitty things. In fact, the opposite, but ultimately, he was gonna do what he wanted in any given moment regardless of how it affects others. Not sadistic or cruel but negligent and unreliable. So maybe you're a bit similar?

The Vertex stuff is interesting though. I know next to nothing about The Vertex, including whether or not it's a real thing because I have zero experience with it. Vertex is conjunct the North Node in my own chart though so maybe for me it's hard to differentiate the two. Reading what Chillaxer said, I think maybe your goal is balance. Like a Libra kinda haha but not. Sagittarius is an optimistic sign and 2nd house is about material and physical pleasure; Gemini overthinks and the 8th house is kinda....well...dark. Maybe you only know one extreme or the other and THATS your downfall. Maybe bad things happen when you gloss over the details AND when you overthink and your nodal/vertex placements are saying you need to find a middle path.
Hmmm never been selfish. Always kind of been a doormat to people I loved and cared about. Super sensitive to people's feelings and stuff. But I do have a very angry side that used to come out a lot in my younger years directed at enemies, but not so much anymore. Interesting view though.

And thanks for your comment! I agree with your last paragraph, it resonates with me. I am very extreme. One extreme to the next every few years. Maybe this means I need to balance myself more, been learning that with many tough lessons throughout the years.