Get Astrology Symbols on your keyboard

piscesmoon262

After some digging I found a way to get Astrology symbols embedded into my keyboard so that I only have to type, say, ctrl + alt + A= on my computer to get the ☉ Sun symbol.

There are tutorials on the web to do this but they are not geared towards Astro keys specifically- so here it is :happy:

This is a long article- I apologize. Don't be overwhelmed-just go step-by-step :biggrin: !

It's pretty easy. First you have to download the keyboard layout creator.

For Older Windows
Newest Windows
MAC This I haven't used- so if you have a MAC let me know if it works!

I'll be using the Newest Windows Keyboard layout creator for this tutorial

After it saved into my computer I had to search for it.

When you open it, it will look like this- blank.
1stscreenshot1_zps8493b9c2.png

Now go to File>Load Existing Keyboard
fileload2_zpsb68e6abf.png

Load US, (or whatever language you use the most regularly to type).

uskeyboard3_zps11d08e96.png

Check the box on the side that says "Alt+Ctrl (AltGr)" This means that when your keyboard is all done all you will have to press to create the desired Astrology character is Alt+Ctrl+ whatever key on the pad that you designate.

altblanss_zpsa5eb5122.png

Once you check off the "Alt+Ctrl" box I explained in the previous step, you'll see that the keyboard is blank. Click any white button on the keyboard image- you cannot designate any but the white buttons for your Astro keys.

A little box opens up. Here's the fun part- below I've pasted the astro symbols. Simply copy the symbols I've pasted below into the key you want to designate.

keyin_zpseb105a14.png

In the example above I've chosen Aries ♈

Here are the symbols of Astrology:

SIGNS:

♈ Aries
♉ Taurus
♊ Gemini
♋ Cancer
♌ Leo
♍ Virgo
♎ Libra
♏ Scorpio
♐ Sagittarius
♑ Capricorn
♒ Aquarius
♓ Pisces

PLANETS

☉ Sun
☾ Moon
☿ Mercury
♀ Venus
♂ Mars
♃ Jupiter
♄ Saturn
♅ Uranus
♆ Neptune
♇ Pluto

ASPECTS

☍ Opposite
□ Square
Δ Trine
☌ Conjunct

ALSO you can get the asteroid symbols at wiki here or any I didn't list on this page.

When you are done, go to Project>Test Keyboard. You can now test the symbols by holding down Alt+Ctrl+ any designated key. HOORAY I hope it works well!

testscsh_zps00490d50.png

When you are satisfied with your Astro keyboard, go to Project>Build DLL and Setup Package.

clickyesscsh_zps5af622fd.png

A window pops up- click yes

nameitscsh_zpsad0ad175.png

Name your new Astro keyboard whatever you like- note what the "Description" says. This is how you will find it later- if you chose a US keyboard it will say "US-Custom"

warning_zps43ce3789.png

This window may pop up- I don't know what it means but it doesn't seem to hinder the process- click okay. A notepad pops up- discard this- wait for another window to pop up.

opendirectory_zps6e2aa2d7.png

Click yes when the window above pops up.

hitsetup_zpsdc5592ee.png

Click on "setup".

It will now install.

controlpanelscsh_zps4b3c33b2.png

Now go to the control panel, where ever that may be on your version of computer.

Under "Clock, Language, and Region" hit "Add A Language".

Hit "Options" next to your current Keyboard Language.
On the next page there should be a section called "Input Method" under it hit "Add an input method".

Find "US-Custom", (or whatever was language you chose + "-Custom" suffix.
Click on it and then hit "Add" at the bottom of the window.

ALMOST DONE. Now you will either be redirected to the page with "Input Method" from before or you must go back into it, (Remember- Control Panel>Clock, Language, and Region>Options>Input Method Section).

You now must remove every keyboard that isn't your custom Astro keyboard. Note* Don't worry it's not being deleted from your computer!

Now you should be able to use your Astro keyboard!!!!

If you've followed this tutorial and had trouble or find that I was too vague, please ask me for help!

PS I hope this tut is forum friendly!

Nadineday

I don't think it's silly. However I am running into issues with compatibility, albeit I have a brand new computer. The most recent is my inability to paste the symbols. Any suggestions? Thanks for the info..

mdinaz

However it didn't display in this post, or at least on my computer, so it would still be dependent on the people at the other end having that font set and keyboard layout available on their computers, otherwise they see what I see which is a small box with the ASCII key code in it. The astro forum has the ability to display those symbols here by use of tiny GIF images which is not computer-dependent.

I don't think it's silly .. inability to paste the symbols.

80b5eedd1677.jpg

I do not think it is silly ether .. check the 1930's typewriter keyboard which has separate keys up front for all the planets and signs. Prior to the computer age I used an Olivetti typewriter then a Canon Starwriter, both had fonts with the same astrological symbols which only required a double click to type.

Microsoft Keyboard Layout Creator 1.4 refused to allow copy and pasting onto the keypad, there after downloading another font which had all of the symbols and going thru the entire process over and again, nothing was saved and the whole exercise fizzled out .. now at the end of the day I still have no astro symbols at my disposal, and there appears to be no way to get them.

Last edited:
We could be getting somewhere friends .. download the Zodiac S font from http://www.dafont.com/theme.php?cat=706 and leave it in yr desktop.

Go to > Control Panel > Fonts > slide Zodiac S from the desktop in with the other fonts, right click the Zodiac S icon and go to properties, click the "Opens with" box and select Wordpad, when WordPad opens click fonts and the new Zodiac S font should be at the bottom

Lower case abcdefghijk should become ..[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]abcdefghijkl[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
Upper case ABCDEFGHIJK should become ..
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]ABCDEFGHIJ[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]The plan at least in this early stage must be to format the post in WordPad as described, then C&P the entire block of text onto a forum page.

60ef17f30ed7.png

Edit: After formatting the post as shown in the screenshot, when I clicked the submit button the astro symbols characters all changed back!
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Edit 2#: As everyone can see the changes never stuck .. I will stay on this problem and keep y'all updated until we achieve a satisfactory result![/FONT]

Last edited:
Glory Glory Glory we have done it :) :)

ABCDEFGHIJ

abcdefghijkl

After installing Zodiac into yr fonts folder by simple click and slide, right click for properties and select Microsoft Word. Open that program and type text in whatever font you normally use, I use Verdana .. change to Zodiac .. aa cc ee AA CC EE and apply such symbols as you require, then go back to Verdana for more text, when you are through C&P the same block of text onto yr web page.

Note well and do not forget …. The above process works only with Internet Explorer not with Mozilla Firefox, which continually changes the Zodiac characters back to TNR alphabet text! So you must format the post in Micro Word, then C&P onto the web page you want in IE .. then when you access the site with Mozilla everything should be tiketty boo .. good luck!

Last edited: