How to find your career in a chart

tokyo.lights

My 2nd and 10th houses are empty, which is good I suppose. Wouldn't want to introduce badly aspected planets into those particular houses :andy: - now that I think about it, MC is making a conjunction to the worst aspected planet in my chart - Neptune haha ahhh of course, ruin the only part of my life that matters:crying:

Sun in Pisces 12th house
Moon in Virgo 6th house

10th house ruled by Saturn Scorpio 7th
aspects:
trine Sun 12th Pisces
sextile Neptune 9th/10th Sagittarius
conj Pluto 7th Libra
trine North Node 4th Cancer
sextile MC Capricorn

MC Capricorn
aspects:
conj Neptune 9th/10th Sagittarius
conj South Node 10th Capricorn
square Venus & Mars 1st Aries
sextile Saturn 7th Scorpio
sextile Pluto 7th Libra

My career has always involved the logical/practical business side. Although since transit Pluto entered my 10th (about 2 years now?) I have been jumping around, not sure what I'm going to do the rest of my life. It was all so easy before Pluto came along, now I feel as if I'm starting from scratch. I'm coming to the realization I can no longer do the traditional 9-to-5, my drive is still there, but I'm looking for something different.

Claire19

You have a good idea. As many times as I've looked in this forum I didn't notice that.

In traditional astrology, we use Mercury, Venus and Mars to determine someone's career or profession. The Midheaven in traditional astrology represents the Native's Dignity, Honor and Preferments.

In modern English, the MC is the Native's ego, status, ability to lead or command, the potential for advancement and promotion, and recognition or awards. So the MC only plays a role in one's career by setting the parameters.

As an example, someone's chart might have a heavy Mars influence, and so we might conclude (along with other factors) that the person is a leader, and then we look to the MC to tell us if this person will be the Chief Executive Officer of a major corporation or merely a low level floor manager at a restaurant or retail store, or perhaps a shop foreperson in an manufacturing facility.

It allows us to distinguish between a teacher, a headmaster and a university professor; between an amateur athlete, an Olympic athlete, a mediocre professional athlete and a professional athlete who receives top pay and many awards; between a street player, a musician in a local band, a studio musician, a mediocre professional musician and a musician who is nationally or world renown and has gold and platinum records/CDs.

After we make a determination for the Significator of Profession, which could be Mercury, Venus or Mars alone, or two of the three together, or even all three could be the Significators of Profession, we look so if we blend that with other Planets who are in aspect with the Significator, and then look to the MC.

One of the things you'll learn is that not everyone was intended to have a career or profession, and you can see that in the chart. What are those people to do? Well, the chart will tell you that too, meaning whether they're "homeless" or drift from menial job to menial job, or they're criminals or "professional students" or they don't have to work because they already have wealth or maybe they're house-wives/house-husbands or something like that.

We direct the MC using Right Ascension by Primary or Converse Motion (clock-wise/counter-clockwise) to see what happens. The aspects made to other Planets and Chart Points tells the story. You might get fired, laid off, promoted, get a new job, get huge raise, receive an award for something you did (and it may or may not be job-related -- it could be a civic award or something as part of social group you belong to).

There's another method popularized by modern astrologer Noel Tyl, called the Midheaven Extension Method, but it requires sound knowledge of traditional astrology concepts, because it is heavily dependent on things like Dispositors, Peregrine Planets, Mutual Reception, Reception, Oriental/Occidental Planets etc. There is no way to use his method without understanding those things. He uses modern concepts like the Aries/Libra Points and Midpoints as well. It also poses some problems for the reincarnation/past-life/karma/soul-mate/alien/channeling/astral body crowd, because if they cannot divorce themselves from that kind of bizarre thinking they'll never interpret the Nodes correctly (and the Nodes are important).

It'll take me a while, but I'll try to post some charts using the traditional methods and maybe try to get into Noel Tyl's method (I think he charges $400 or Euros or whatever).
What on Earth does dignity, honour or preferments even mean? We are in a modern world and need to use modern terminology I would suggest. As for your dismissive statements on karma, soulmate and the astral body. I beg to differ as I can very well interpret the nodes and I am a believer in all of the above. What happens to my Uranus conjunct North Node, do you just ignore it because it is an outer planet? I know that it is relevant to me.

Last edited:

Claire19

Re: No vocational stickies?

I wish there were more reference material for ordinary careers.. I have noticed very repetitive themes in charts of famous people by asking (the chart) how they make money and if they travel often. I'd like to read more non famed charts of various occupations to get a better handle on what I am seeing though. Maybe go to various work places and request birth info of all the employees haha.
Also, a fun thing to do: go to an astrology site where there are many natal charts to look at, click on a name you don't recognize and examine the chart without reading about the person to try and guess what they are recognized for.
Yes doing anonymous famous charts is fun but very few can actually pinpoint a profession that way. If you are very advanced in astrology, maybe.

Every person is different and there is no set pattern for the ordinary jobs that you mention. The 6th house, its ruler and aspects will say what the person may do in the ordinary everyday world to put bread on the table. For instance you could not guess what I have done for work as I have four planets in the 6th house and with many aspects elsewhere.
It is better to know the job of the person and then look at the aspects that indicate that job or occupation.

JUPITERASC

Re: How to find your career in a chart - In Defence of Bob Zemco

Bob Zemco posted this on 01-30-2011 at 07:48 AM - almost a year ago as it happens - and you have apparently only just taken umbrage at what he said...

What on Earth does dignity, honour or preferments even mean? We are in a modern world and need to use modern terminology I would suggest.
Are you seriously suggesting that no one uses the word 'dignity' in the modern world and that you do not know what the word 'dignity' means?

You also allege you either have never heard of or cannot comprehend the word 'honour'?

Are you suggesting that you cannot even guess what the word 'preferments' could mean, (hint) even though it is clearly linked to the word 'prefer'?

As for your dismissive statements on karma, soulmate and the astral body. I beg to differ as I can very well interpret the nodes and I am a believer in all of the above. What happens to my Uranus conjunct North Node, do you just ignore it because it is an outer planet? I know that it is relevant to me.
Bob Zemco posted that comment you quoted on 01-30-2011 at 07:48 AM - almost a year ago to the day and it's expecting a lot to think the dude'll wait a year for your question! In any event it seems you may never get another response from BobZemco since he has apparently completely vanished from the forum... although there are rumors that BobZemco vanished before and therefore may just as unexpectedly return some day at which time no doubt he shall answer your question. :smile:
btw all BobZemco says is:
There's another method popularized by modern astrologer Noel Tyl, called the Midheaven Extension Method, but it requires sound knowledge of traditional astrology concepts, because it is heavily dependent on things like Dispositors, Peregrine Planets, Mutual Reception, Reception, Oriental/Occidental Planets etc.

There is no way to use his method without understanding those things.

He uses modern concepts like the Aries/Libra Points and Midpoints as well.
Nothing wrong with those comments IMO - what you probably took exception to is this comment:
It also poses some problems for the reincarnation/past-life/karma/soul-mate/alien/channeling/astral body crowd, because if they cannot divorce themselves from that kind of bizarre thinking they'll never interpret the Nodes correctly (and the Nodes are important)..
BobZemco clearly has little time for what he refers to as "the reincarnation/past-life/karma/soul-mate/alien/channeling/astral body crowd" and he tells us why as well - it's there for anyone to read! i.e. BECAUSE BobZemco finds that kind of thinking bizarre and is of the opinion that people who think that way cannot interpret the Nodes correctly and to quote BobZemco on the matter::smile:
(and the Nodes are important)..
BobZemco kindly offers to post some charts using traditional methods and offers to analyse Noel Tyl's method - if he decides to pay the $400 or so dollars or Euros charges by Tyl for divulging that information
It'll take me a while, but I'll try to post some charts using the traditional methods and maybe try to get into Noel Tyl's method (I think he charges $400 or Euros or whatever) .
c'est la vie :smile:

danny moon

Re: No vocational stickies?

Yes doing anonymous famous charts is fun but very few can actually pinpoint a profession that way. If you are very advanced in astrology, maybe.

Every person is different and there is no set pattern for the ordinary jobs that you mention. The 6th house, its ruler and aspects will say what the person may do in the ordinary everyday world to put bread on the table. For instance you could not guess what I have done for work as I have four planets in the 6th house and with many aspects elsewhere.
It is better to know the job of the person and then look at the aspects that indicate that job or occupation.
it's not as hard as you think. also, other than the possibility that i've never heard of a particular occupation, i am pretty confident that i could guess at least close to what you or someone has done for work. I don't mind failing to find that kind of thing out though either.
I think everyone at some point works their way backward by first knowing about the person and then looking for chart significators. It's a fine thing.

Claire19

Hi. I'm trying to find a website that computes Pars Fortunae for me. Tried Tarot Live, but it only goes to 2009. Don't know much, but I'm trying to figure something personal out, which happened on May 3, 2010.
Part of Fortune?? Where, in your natal chart you mean? transits to it?? They are not valid as transiting bodies.
It is not a planetary placement. If you want to know where it is in your chart, then there is a website that computes all arabic parts. Just google or ask for it on an Astrodienst chart.

JUPITERASC

Hi. I'm trying to find a website that computes Pars Fortunae for me. Tried Tarot Live, but it only goes to 2009. Don't know much, but I'm trying to figure something personal out, which happened on May 3, 2010.
Part of Fortune?? Where, in your natal chart you mean? transits to it?? They are not valid as transiting bodies.
It is not a planetary placement. If you want to know where it is in your chart, then there is a website that computes all arabic parts. Just google or ask for it on an Astrodienst chart.
Harriet the Hermit - link to website that calculates Part of Fortune - as well as several other Arabic Parts also if needed
http://www.noendpress.com/pvachier/arabicparts/index.php

If you select Part of Fortune on the Extended Chart Selection Page of astro.com and then Progress that natal chart you get the progressed Part of Fortune calculated automatically with the rest of the progressions :smile:

waybread

You can also insert the P of F in your chart at Astrodienst. On the free charts, pp., after you have input your data, you will see a page where you input the type of chart you want (natal, &c), chart size, house system, &c. In a box on the lower left, you can click on the P of F option, along with other interesting stuff. It will automatically adjust for a day or night birth.

Isis

Hi guys.

I immigrated and I am studying law where I current live. I made a relocation chart and my chart changed quite a bit and seems to fit even better with a lawyer career... It even gives me Libra MC in the 9th house as well as POF in Libra in the 9th...

How relevant is the relocation chart for a career reading then? Any insights, please?

I attach both Natal Chart and Relocation Chart so you can compare as well.

Thanks.

Attachments

• Relocation Chart.jpg
    Relocation Chart.jpg
    86.8 KB · Views: 33
  • Natal Chart.jpg
    Natal Chart.jpg
    86 KB · Views: 36

JUPITERASC

Hi guys. I immigrated and I am studying law where I current live. I made a relocation chart and my chart changed quite a bit and seems to fit even better with a lawyer career... It even gives me Libra MC in the 9th house as well as POF in Libra in the 9th...

How relevant is the relocation chart for a career reading then? Any insights, please?

I attach both Natal Chart and Relocation Chart so you can compare as well.
Thanks.
Isis - dr. farr a reliable astrologer with many decades of experience has stated when previously asked this same question:
No I do not relocate birth charts.
Also, there is a useful discussion on this subject entitled "Relocation vs Natal chart at http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?p=299682#post299682:smile:

Isis

It's a pity... I was getting all excited with the relocation chart. :sideways:

I will check now the link you provided, thanks a lot JUPITERASC! :happy:

sandstone

Banned
hi isis,

i am a big believer in relocated charts.. a part of me thinks it depends on how long you have been living in the relocated place and whether it truly is your home, or whether it is just a passing thing. i will now look at the charts you have given.

when i think of the profession of lawyer i am thinking mercury and mars strong with some 7th/9th house or sign emphasis perhaps. i am sure there are countless different lawyers charts though but this is what i would be thinking initially. i have a book with a couple of lawyers charts in it - both with saturn in scorp like your chart, and both cancer with moon in aquarius.. obviously this is not enough to pull from!!

i think your natal chart has plenty going for it towards being a lawyer.. sun at mercury/mars midpoint in the 9th house using placidus and opposite jupiter the 9th house and sign planet.. the ascendant ruler - mars is in the 9th conjunct sun as well which is always an important consideration when looking at a chart. the midheaven ruler in the 9th as well and both these planets in contact with the sun is enough to point to a profession of lawyer..

i think the relocation chart is helpful as it gets you away from being a bit more self absorbed with saturn on the ascendant and moves it up in a more dominant position. jupiter trines the midheaven in the relocated chart..

i would say your natal chart has plenty going for it without thinking the relo chart has to have it all going for you in the same way in order for you to succeed in your desired direction.. saturn rising tend to under-estimate there abilities, which offsets the sun in leo temperament which is usually more confident and self assured. i think you will do well going in this direction and while i do believe relo charts have a lot of merit and value, i don't think it is a big consideration for you here... all the best in the education you are involved in and in your career path.

Isis

hi isis,

i am a big believer in relocated charts.. a part of me thinks it depends on how long you have been living in the relocated place and whether it truly is your home, or whether it is just a passing thing. i will now look at the charts you have given.

when i think of the profession of lawyer i am thinking mercury and mars strong with some 7th/9th house or sign emphasis perhaps. i am sure there are countless different lawyers charts though but this is what i would be thinking initially. i have a book with a couple of lawyers charts in it - both with saturn in scorp like your chart, and both cancer with moon in aquarius.. obviously this is not enough to pull from!!

i think your natal chart has plenty going for it towards being a lawyer.. sun at mercury/mars midpoint in the 9th house using placidus and opposite jupiter the 9th house and sign planet.. the ascendant ruler - mars is in the 9th conjunct sun as well which is always an important consideration when looking at a chart. the midheaven ruler in the 9th as well and both these planets in contact with the sun is enough to point to a profession of lawyer..

i think the relocation chart is helpful as it gets you away from being a bit more self absorbed with saturn on the ascendant and moves it up in a more dominant position. jupiter trines the midheaven in the relocated chart..

i would say your natal chart has plenty going for it without thinking the relo chart has to have it all going for you in the same way in order for you to succeed in your desired direction.. saturn rising tend to under-estimate there abilities, which offsets the sun in leo temperament which is usually more confident and self assured. i think you will do well going in this direction and while i do believe relo charts have a lot of merit and value, i don't think it is a big consideration for you here... all the best in the education you are involved in and in your career path.

hi sandstone :)

I am living here for 3 years now and sometimes feels like a lot of time and at other times it feels like nothing, but I think it's not the place it makes me feel at home if you know what I mean. :) However, I am staying here for awhile and starting my career here.

I have been for years undecided what I would like to do and what is my vocation, at some point it seemed I enjoyed everything you can possibly imagine and at same I was very picky... Yup... complicated! :lol:

So it's a very important feeling for me the fact I found what I want to do and to discover something I am passionate about.
I tell you, Saturn is a piece of work for my Leo placements (actually all the Scorpio placements don't treat the Leo ones kindly)... The square is quite intense and it does affect negatively my self confidence, plus I tend to be extremely rigid and exigent with myself. On a side note, I am actually looking forward for my first Saturn return... I am so used to deal with the harsh side of Saturn (or so I think :) ) that I feel it will bring good fortune for me.

I cannot thank you enough for your thorough reply dear Sandstone. It is extremely helpful. :)

Cheers!

Peggyp26

Hello Everyone,

I'm hoping I can receive some input regarding a new career change that I am contemplating. I haven't been able to post my chart, but my birth time is 03/26/1961 at 1:28am if anyone can take a look at it. I have Neptune in th tenth in a grand water trine with Mars and Mercury, Libra on my MC, Natal Venus and Aries in the fourth, Sag rising. Currently, I have transiting Saturn going through my tenth, transiting Jupiter approaching my sixth, and progessed Moon in my sixth. I'm desperately loooking for a change. I'm taking a course online for Tour Management and feel that I'm a good Astrologer as well as am trying to develop a website for it. Possibly thinking of starting a home business. Does anybody have any suggestions as to what might be best suited for?

Thank you!!!