How to find your career in a chart

Frank

Thank you Frank.

What if the final dispositer/MC related planets lead to Jupiter in Gemini rx, conjunct IC opposing the MC?

I care a lot about career but its as if the path is blurred, not sure if I'll ever figure it out! :pinched:

Jupiter in Gemini cannot be a Final Dispositor.

Frank

To qualify as a Final Dispositor, there can only be one Planet in its Domicile and everything in the chart must dispose to it.

You do not have a Final Dispositor. You have Mars in Domicile, but you also have a closed circuit amongst Mercury and Venus. SOME things in you chart will dispose to Mars, others to the circuit.

Last edited:

Frank

I thought it was standard to have a Final Dispositor, but I couldn't figure mine out.

The planets in the closed circuit are astrologically "weak" though aren't they? checking the vocational worksheet it seems that I should still lean towards Jupiter, Mercury, and Venus type of occupations.

If you fill out the full worksheet, which planet(s) have the highest totals?

AstroGod

I think placidus is the most silliest house system to use. There can't be such thing as an intercepted sign, 30 degrees each house. Equal houses show the true house positions of the planets. People waste there time believing placidus is the right one to use. If every planet moves 30 degrees in each sign then it moves 30 degrees in each house, period.

Frank

Multiple Final - Not sure what this is
Mutual Reception - Mercury/Venus - 2 points
Multiple Reception - None
Ascendant Ruler - Saturn - 3 points
Closest Applying Ptolemaic aspect to angle - possibly Venus square IC - 2 points
MC Ruler - Jupiter - 3 points
Planet conjunct MC - Moon - 2 points
Partile Ptolemaic aspect to MC - None
Planet in 10th House not conjunct MC - Saturn - 1 point
6th House ruler - Moon - 1 point
Planet in 6th house - None
Highest in Dignity - Possibly Mars - 3 points
Planet equal Sun/Moon or MC/Asc midpoint - None
Planet equal Aries point - Mars - 2 points
Out of Bounds - Saturn - 2 points
0 deg. Declination - Not sure what this is
First SA conjunct angle > puberty < Saturn return - Not sure what this is

Mercury - 2 points
Venus - 4 points
Saturn - 5 points
Jupiter - 3 points
Moon - 3 points
Mars - 5 points

I made a few errors which I'll learn about and correct over time. I would prefer careers that are more Jupiter/Mercury/Venus influenced, rather than Mars/Saturn, this probably explains some career difficulties of mine.

Please take a look at my article on the Education Board here:

http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=17099

Multiple dispositors occur when there are two or more planets in signs that they rule by domicile. You don't have this.

0 deg. Declination means any planet at 0 degrees of Declination.

First SA conjunct angle > puberty < Saturn return - Yours appears to be Pluto. It's a Solar Arc Direction.

Frank

I think placidus is the most silliest house system to use. There can't be such thing as an intercepted sign, 30 degrees each house. Equal houses show the true house positions of the planets. People waste there time believing placidus is the right one to use. If every planet moves 30 degrees in each sign then it moves 30 degrees in each house, period.

There are those who would disgree with this.

socrates

I'mnotthere, probably you have investigated poetry as a career, and know that it is nearly impossible for anyone to make a living from it. Check out the living poets whom you most admire, and see how they support themselves.

Many authors are university faculty (either full- or part-time), commercial writers and editors, or have a spouse who is gainfully employed.

So you might need to separate out your vocation from your means of putting bread on the table.

But it seems to me that you are more in love with the idea, or even the romance, of being a poet, than you are coming from a place of having something that you really need to say in poetic form.

[deleted attacking comments - Moderator]

BTW, are you familiar with: www.poetryfoundation.org and www.poets.org ?

The ruler of my MC is Mercury, and it is located in the 5th conjunct Venus, which rules the fine arts. I went through a poetry-writing phase (like many people) but it never developed into a career. And think about it. Millions of people have Mercury ruling the 10th and located in the 5th. The 5th rules all kinds of amusements (like gambling) as well as one's children. Who knows--if the ruler of your 5th is well situated, you could become a gambler rather than a poet.

"Destiny" is meaningless for anyone unwilling to get off the couch and do the hard work required to succeed in a highly competitive field. A horoscope suggests certain talents and limitations. It is not a computer print-out of how your life will actually turn out. If that were the case, we would just print out babies' horoscopes at birth, track them accordingly, and let "fate" take its course.

[deleted attacking comments - Moderator]

My aquarius MC ruler Saturn is in 9th house conjunct Mercury ,Asc and 5th house lord ,Ursnus in 4.
Jupiter is at MC square Neptune in 6

Even at age 49 I still dont know. I have a talent for drawing but my inability to sit for some hours a daymade it difficult for me to do Comics.

Claire19

Re: No vocational stickies?

Career options are assessed by MC any planets conjunct, where the ruler of MC is placed, it’s aspects, then 2nd house ‘how you earn your money’ and planets there, ruler of cusp and where it’s placed, then 6th house of ‘type of work you do’ any planets there and how they are aspected.

Researching rulers of houses will help you understand more where I joining the dots so to speak
http://www.cafeastrology.com/natal/rulersofhousesinhouses.html
http://www.trans4mind.com/personal_development/astrology/LearningAstrology/housesDerived.htm
http://www.skyviewzone.com/astrology/houserulerships.htm

Money & you
http://www.astrotheme.com/files/money_and_you.php
http://www.cafeastrology.com/astrologytopics/astrology_of_money_wealth.html
career significators
http://www.librarising.com/astrology/misc/significators.html
Professional & Destiny
http://www.astrotheme.com/files/astrology_professional_destiny.php
http://www.librarising.com/astrology/misc/significators.html

perhaps this thread could be made into a sticky??
Spot on!!! :happy:

danny moon

I wish there were more reference material for ordinary careers.. I have noticed very repetitive themes in charts of famous people by asking (the chart) how they make money and if they travel often. I'd like to read more non famed charts of various occupations to get a better handle on what I am seeing though. Maybe go to various work places and request birth info of all the employees haha.
Also, a fun thing to do: go to an astrology site where there are many natal charts to look at, click on a name you don't recognize and examine the chart without reading about the person to try and guess what they are recognized for.

waybread

I agree, Danny-- we don't see a lot of charts for plumbers or electricians.

However, most occupations do have a planet or sign ruler. A good book that lists these is Rex E. Bills, The Rulership Book (American Federation of Astrologers). Just look for a profession of interest, and see whether its ruler is strong in your chart, notably if it's on your MC.

Bossette353

However, most occupations do have a planet or sign ruler. A good book that lists these is Rex E. Bills, The Rulership Book (American Federation of Astrologers). Just look for a profession of interest, and see whether its ruler is strong in your chart, notably if it's on your MC.

I just googled this and looked up the rulers for an accountant: Mercury, Saturn, Gemini, Virgo, and the 8th House. Mercury is in Capricorn -2nd House in my chart, and makes a sextile to my Saturn in Scorpio - 11th House. My Moon and Chiron are conjunct in Gemini - 6th House. Virgo is intercepted in the 9th House, and my Part of Fortune and Vertex is in Leo -8th House. Mercury trines my MC and Saturn sextiles it. Does this sound like the makings of an ideal career for me? I have attempted and failed at 3 careers in the past:dental assistant, computer technician, and real estate agent. It's hard for me to find my ideal vocation(Neptune -Capricorn -1st square MC), but speaking with a family member got me thinking of this as a possibility. What do you guys think? Any assistance would be appreciated.

Attachments

• Chart Supersized.jpg
    Chart Supersized.jpg
    82 KB · Views: 49

socrates

I just googled this and looked up the rulers for an accountant: Mercury, Saturn, Gemini, Virgo, and the 8th House. Mercury is in Capricorn -2nd House in my chart, and makes a sextile to my Saturn in Scorpio - 11th House. My Moon and Chiron are conjunct in Gemini - 6th House. Virgo is intercepted in the 9th House, and my Part of Fortune and Vertex is in Leo -8th House. Mercury trines my MC and Saturn sextiles it. Does this sound like the makings of an ideal career for me? I have attempted and failed at 3 careers in the past:dental assistant, computer technician, and real estate agent. It's hard for me to find my ideal vocation(Neptune -Capricorn -1st square MC), but speaking with a family member got me thinking of this as a possibility. What do you guys think? Any assistance would be appreciated.

i also have neptune square mc from 6th house and went throug the same careerwise

Attachments

• astro_w2gw_01_ll_m_hp_42715_7433.gif
    astro_w2gw_01_ll_m_hp_42715_7433.gif
    45.1 KB · Views: 42

waybread

Can you say more about why you didn't stick with your 3 previous career choices? Also, have you got or are you able to get a university degree? Are you able to take accounting courses in terms of handling the time and tuition? That would say a fair bit about available options.

Bossette353

Can you say more about why you didn't stick with your 3 previous career choices? Also, have you got or are you able to get a university degree? Are you able to take accounting courses in terms of handling the time and tuition? That would say a fair bit about available options.

Well, frankly I didn't stick with them because I didn't see any money coming in:joyful:. Also because I never cared to do those things in the first place. I dropped out of college, but I am considering going back, even though I'm REALLY NOT looking forward to 4 years sitting in classes, listening to professors, and hanging out with 18-year-olds(I'm 26). I would feel so out of place and behind on everything. But, if it would finally get me the stable, secure career that I desire, I would be willing to consider it. I just need to make sure I pick the RIGHT career this time. I need all the help I can get, LOL.

waybread

Bosette, especially if you would be attending a large urban "commuter" campus, you would find many "older" students, including ones much older than you! You might also look into taking courses through distance education (correspondence.) Many courses and even entire degree programs are now offered on-line. It sort of cuts down on listening to long tedious lectures.

Whatever career you select, prior to returning to university (if you need to) I would sure recommend that you read up on the career, talk to people in the field if you can, and even buy a used copy of the introductory textbook to look over. You can also set up an interview with the undergrad or admissions advisor of your closest campus that offers the course of study that most interests you.

If you are intrigued by accounting but don't want a degree in it, have you considered book-keeping?

Just taking a "blind" look at your horoscope, I think it might be hard for you to settle into a dream job in the sense of a life-long vocation. With restless Uranus conjuncting your Sagittarius ascendant, and sextiling your sun, I think you need a lot of diversity. This image is reinforced by your moon in Gemini in your 6th house of work. Built-in variety might be something to think about in a career choice.

Your big career indicator is Venus, but conjunct Mars, she seems a little restless, too. Venus is often associated with luxury items, the arts, anything that beautifies homes or people. Modern (not traditional) astrologers associate her with money.

My sense is that your best fit might be in the fields of investment or banking. It's close to accounting, but I am looking at your practical Mercury-Jupiter in Capricorn in the second "money" house, as well as your Aquarian sun. Their ruler Saturn is pretty well situated in the 11th house, making a nice sextile back to Jupiter in the second.

Generally the second house is your money, the 8th house is other people's money or investments. Your Part of Fortune is in the 8th house, and it is ruled by the moon in your 6th house of work.

The one danger I see in such a career working out for you is your afore-mentioned "itchy feet." Especially looking at your moon, I think you really feel trapped in a situation that doesn't seem to offer you much variety. The other danger is with Jupiter in the second square Pluto, you may be overly optimistic at times, only to find downward swings in your financial situation.

But you have the capacity to sleuth out various options before settling into just one. Good luck with this!

Bossette353

Thank you, waybread, for your advice!! I will definitely look into bookkeeping as well as getting all the information I can on accounting. I believe there are some options to work for an investment/banking company once I complete my CPA certification. I'll make sure to specialize in this:wink:. Thank you again!!

Rebel Uranian

Since my most elevated is Mars in the 10th in Libra, does that mean I should be an engineer or an attorney? I don't think I want to do either of those although they might be fun for a while...