members

ALRESCHA

I think not
because I did not do that
clearly you misinterpreted my response to your comment
when you said:

and I replied reasonably
'how is it wrong to have a traditional perspective'?
Unless there is some misunderstanding
you seem to be saying that the traditional perspective is not welcome at all by you on this forum
unless it is solely on the traditional board

but
that is not the ethos of this forum :smile:

THIS IS WHY I AM BLOCKING YOU FOREVER. You purposely misinterpret my posts and you will regret that. Your trial is so **** boring and cunning I NEVER want to read another post made by you or have another post of mine responded to by you.

Discussion on traditional as well as modern astrology is expected to occur on the general forum
and that's reasonable

however also
wilsontc has clarified that IF someone specifically does not want the traditional perspective
then quite reasonably, for the sake of clarity,
the OP is required to say that on the OP
BUT
IF

a moderator created that thread

'about an object that you do not count'
by removing posts that you originally posted on another thread[/U]
and then the moderator transferred your posts onto a new thread
and
a moderator has now titled that new thread with a question you would not even ask simply because you do not count that object

clearly obviously
snce you are attributed as the OP of that thread
because your comment is made the OP of that thread by the moderator
then obviously you are entitled to comment on that thread[/B][/COLOR]

It's ridiculous to accuse a member of trolling when they are posting comments on their own thread that they are the OP of
i.e.
a moderator created the thread, made that member the OP of that thread
and so
the OP can comment on their own thread

Like I said, anyone should be welcome to post anywhere. But giving a comment on a particular situation and posting quotes and links to theory books is not giving an interpretation of the particular situation, but telling people to learn astrology and that is OFF TOPIC!!!

A link to the specific Neptune thread you referring to in this case would be helpful
If there is no such thread
then your complaint concerns a non-existent thread

AND WRONG. Go figure. I will NOT waste another second on YOU.

urano

I feel like traditional astrology and modern astrology don’t communicate easily sometimes. It’s a pity this hostility, all the more since Mercury is presently Direct, because in 7 days it will become Retro...:whistling:

Maybe I should go into exile on the Skyscript Forum, I don’t know. Perhaps some people would like that. Personally I have nothing against modern astrology.

Actually I am not really attacked. However I think people who don’t like traditional ignore me. Never mind! :smile:
Maybe I should stick to the Horary section and avoid chatting.

psydellica

I find it shocking that a website this big and old doesn't yet contain a thread for each of the aspects, configurations, placements, asteroids, lots where people share their experience... And what about Mundane Astrology? It's shocking that so few take an interest.

I have found forums with tiny astrology sub-forums that do have threads like that and are far more lively.

People rarely write on such threads here.

Out of curiosity, would you (or anyone else here in the know) mind sharing the names of some of these forums where deeper discussion is involved? Where I might find subthreads devoted to topics other than "I can't find my keys", or "will (s)he fall in love with me" ;)

Hope no one is offended or finds my query faux pas, I'm just really craving conversations to learn and grow form! I had a peek over at Skyscript and was a bit intimidated.. I'm not quite that knowledgeable yet, think I'll just lurk around there for a bit and soak it in.

Would be really interested to find such a place as you describe, with whole threads devoted to sharing knowledge and experience regarding specific aspects, placements, etc :)

ALRESCHA

I feel like traditional astrology and modern astrology don’t communicate easily sometimes. It’s a pity this hostility, all the more since Mercury is presently Direct, because in 7 days it will become Retro...:whistling:

Maybe I should go into exile on the Skyscript Forum, I don’t know. Perhaps some people would like that. Personally I have nothing against modern astrology.

Actually I am not really attacked. However I think people who don’t like traditional ignore me. Never mind! :smile:
Maybe I should stick to the Horary section and avoid chatting.

I just wanna say that I read your posts whenever I see them. You post good things. :sideways:

Truce can't happen if people act like lawyers trying their best to find something to blame you for. :sad:

urano

... other than "I can't find my keys", or "will (s)he fall in love with me" ;)

"Where are my keys?" could be a very important question. When you will lost your keys you will see :wink:
"Will X or Y fall in love with me?" okay, I recognize it's is not an essential question :biggrin:

ALRESCHA

Out of curiosity, would you (or anyone else here in the know) mind sharing the names of some of these forums where deeper discussion is involved? Where I might find subthreads devoted to topics other than "I can't find my keys", or "will (s)he fall in love with me" ;)

Hope no one is offended or finds my query faux pas, I'm just really craving conversations to learn and grow form! I had a peek over at Skyscript and was a bit intimidated.. I'm not quite that knowledgeable yet, think I'll just lurk around there for a bit and soak it in.

Would be really interested to find such a place as you describe, with whole threads devoted to sharing knowledge and experience regarding specific aspects, placements, etc :)

I am sorry, I have already responded to your post, but I didn't quote because we only quote when the response isn't following the post normally quoted here to save space. It is obvious that it's a response to the post above, so it's neater not to quote. But I'll change that too. :happy:

This forum is the best IMHO and everyone has an equal share of responsibility.

psydellica

"Where are my keys?" could be a very important question. When you will lost your keys you will see :wink:
"Will X or Y fall in love with me?" okay, I recognize it's is not an essential question :biggrin:

Oh I'm not downplaying the importance of these questions, I'm sure they are everything to these people at this time :) there is absolutely nothing wrong with that!
However these aren't topics I'm interested in, though one day I might stretch out a bit more and begin to learn whatever method of astrology is used to answer these types of questions - by the way, what method would one use answer these questions anyway? :)

psydellica

I am sorry, I have already responded to your post, but I didn't quote because we only quote when the response isn't following the post normally quoted here to save space. It is obvious that it's a response to the post above, so it's neater not to quote. But I'll change that too. :happy:

This forum is the best IMHO and everyone has an equal share of responsibility.

Oh, my apologies then, I honestly had no idea that post was your response to my question. Though looking back at it now I can see which one is your response. Thank you :)

I would still be very interested in being pointed towards these forums, regardless of their language. Though if you do not wish to share for whatever reason, I can respect that :)

Oddity

Don't be intimidated by skyscript. They're nice people.

You can try the astrology subforum at tarotforum.net - some of it is the standard fare that you find here, but they have a very good moderator over there, and the signal-to-noise ratio is actually pretty good.

I suppose I shouldn't be surprised that this has turned into another 'there are almost half a dozen traditional astrologers here, that's what made this forum bad' argument, as well as private messages saying the same thing , but....I honestly don't think that's the problem. I do think that people tend to burn out over the constant 'does she love me?', 'does he think I'm fat?', 'will we get back together?' questions that make up 90% of the forum, mostly by one-time posters.

Most of that stuff falls under the aegis of horary, which is actually a fascinating area of astrology. You can start with the tutorial at skyscript if you're not familiar or need a refresher course: http://www.skyscript.co.uk/horary_intro.html

Last edited:

ALRESCHA

Oh, my apologies then, I honestly had no idea that post was your response to my question. Though looking back at it now I can see which one is your response. Thank you :)

I would still be very interested in being pointed towards these forums, regardless of their language. Though if you do not wish to share for whatever reason, I can respect that :)

you are most welcome, I am sorry that I didn't quote sooner! we can talk about that using PM if you don't mind. :)

JUPITERASC

THIS IS WHY I AM BLOCKING YOU FOREVER.

You purposely misinterpret my posts
and you will regret that
That is clearly a threatening remark

Your trial is
so **** boring and cunning
And that is a personal attack
I NEVER want to read another post made by you or have another post of mine responded to by you.
If you don't want to read my posts then don't read them - it's ok
But you are only one member of this forum
and although you prefer to not read my posts
that does not mean others do not either
Like I said, anyone should be welcome to post anywhere.
Very reasonable

But giving a comment on a particular situation
But that's the purpose of the discussion forum

i.e.
to comment on a particular situation

and posting quotes and links to theory books
is not giving an interpretation of the particular situation,

not giving an interpretation of the particular situation is fine
because no member is forced to do that

furthermore

members who want to practice their skills
then practice
'their interpretation of the particular situation'
and

by the way
it's an interpretation that could be given by a complete beginner
with not much knowledge or experience of astrology
so it's the luck of the draw basically

and I certainly do more than just post links

but telling people to learn astrology and that is
OFF TOPIC!!!
AND WRONG. Go figure.

On the contrary, that's not off topic
because
ours is an astrological learning forum

where many members are keen to be independent and to learn astrology in order to interpret their own chart
and are very happy for links to information to study

as an example
I received the following thanks and encouragement just yesterday :smile:

Thank you.

Very informative as usual
:)
clearly then everyone has their own perspective
and
many thank me for my comments

I will NOT waste another second on YOU.
No one is asking you to

JUPITERASC

I find it shocking
that a website this big and old
doesn't yet contain a thread for each of the aspects,
configurations,
placements,
asteroids,
lots where people share their experience...

And what about Mundane Astrology?
It's shocking that so few take an interest.

I have found forums with tiny astrology sub-forums that do have threads like that and are far more lively.

People rarely write on such threads here.

The question is why did they leave and why are the majority of those astrologers that left the elderly, not the youths that tweet 24/7?

One thing you could do
is to start writing those sections you said the forum should have.

Maybe if you get the ball rolling,
other people will join in?
Great idea :smile:

psydellica

Don't be intimidated by skyscript. They're nice people.

You can try the astrology subforum at tarotforum.net - some of it is the standard fare that you find here, but they have a very good moderator over there, and the signal-to-noise ratio is actually pretty good.

I suppose I shouldn't be surprised that this has turned into another 'there are almost half a dozen traditional astrologers here, that's what made this forum bad' argument, as well as private messages saying the same thing , but....I honestly don't think that's the problem. I do think that people tend to burn out over the constant 'does she love me?', 'does he think I'm fat?', 'will we get back together?' questions that make up 90% of the forum, mostly by one-time posters.

Most of that stuff falls under the aegis of horary, which is actually a fascinating area of astrology. You can start with the tutorial at skyscript if you're not familiar or need a refresher course: http://www.skyscript.co.uk/horary_intro.html

Awesome, thanks again Oddity!
Regarding Skyscript, it's great to hear the folks over there are nice! I think maybe I was concerned I wouldn't have much to add to the conversations. But that won't stop me from browsing through and lurking around a bit.

I definitely have not dabbled with the horary side to astrology. Thank you for the link, I'll go sit down with it.

StarGazerGirl

And then there are people like me :sideways: I get very drained just by looking at the screen and trying to follow a thread ie. introversion translates for me online ( no Facebook or anything like that for me ). Not that I like it that way ( I wish it wasn't ) it's just what is. But, I love astrology and astronomy and I'm so happy to have discovered horary here - I think it's really cool.

Not to mention my MacbookPro from 2006 has no more capability to being upgraded and is very slow... and I really need to find some type of financial stability ( my main focus right now ).

Anyway, what I'm getting at, I guess is, times are hard for many people right now and being on a forum community takes time and energy that they can't really spare.

And I love your avatar, ALRESCHA!

Last edited:

Stubborn Virgo

I am new to this site but I have to say, I like it a lot more than a lot of the other astrology forums/sites out there. People are generally a lot more friendly and willing to share their knowledge. There's less drama here, too. I wish it was more active so I didn't have to go to those other sites to talk about astrology. :)

waybread

Past history of this forum shows traditional opinions unwelcomed
and the vast majority of this forum as comprising modern astrologers
After requests, a Traditional forum was created 25 December 2011
http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=43946

A very popular modern astrologer, named a50 was eventually banned for persistently not heeding moderators advice

Astrologer50 was banned for her repeated attacking posts.

The situation has clearly changed on the forum
when there were very few 'modern only' astrology threads

now
there are increasing demands for exclusively modern astrology threads
and the traditional perspective is clearly unwelcome

We're all happy to see traditional perspectives, provided the trads become less aggressive about their perceived deficiencies in modern astrology.

an example of a member well-versed in using traditional methods
who is now one of our ex-members :smile:
Paul_ requested his account be closed after stating his concerns regarding personal attacks against him
Paul_ is moderator on skyscript horary board

I've been in communication with Paul for some time. His reason for leaving was that he didn't like the way the mods edited his posts. As you know, all one has to do is to flag an attacking post, and the mods will normally edit or delete it. Paul didn't leave because he thought other members were attacking him. It is a simple matter to have such posts moderated.

I've corrected this misconception for you previously.

Last edited:

waybread

How is it wrong to have a traditional perspective? :smile:

Paul_ and Konrad both requested their accounts closed
because they were constantly attacked - and not by me

Konrad is no longer a member as he felt hounded - and not by me

I can't speak for Konrad, but I was in PM communication with Paul at the time he asked to terminate his membership, and periodically since then. The reason wasn't because he felt "constantly attacked," but because he disliked the way his own posts were edited. (Draw your own conclusions as to why this should have happened.) The bitter debate at this time was about the ethics of death prediction, a topic that draws strong feelings on both sides of the issue. Anyone wishing to read Paul's recent posts can find him at Astrodienst and Skyscript.

...the majority of members on this forum are modern astrologers
so in a discussion
a traditional astrologer commenting is immediately attacked for being 'not modern'
This simply isn't correct. This hyperbole is astonishing. Most mods on this forum have a live and let-live attitude. What I find tiring is when a trad uses a discussion of the modern outers or some point of horary as a rationale for launching into a wholesale attack against modern astrology. Please show us where "a traditional astrologer commenting is immediately attacked for being 'not modern'." A traditional astrologer's post may be criticized for containing factual errors, dismissing modern astrology in its entirety, for logical flaws, or for something comparable; but not simply because it isn't modern.

But hey, if this is how you feel, perhaps you'd be happier at Skyscript, where I participate occasionally.

yet modern astrology is entirely dependent on traditional technique
No, modern astrology is not entirely dependent on traditional technique. When did you last cast harmonic charts, work with asteroids, midpoints, outer planets, or Jungian archetypes? Modern astrology dropped most of the essential dignities as well as other specific traditional observations, like whether it's better to have Venus or Mars preceding the sun. Of course, the overlap between the two is considerable.

Discussion of the various techniques
rather than banning the discussion of traditional techniqes
is preferable

Nobody here wants to ban discussion of traditional techniques.

There is only one majority on this forum and that is the modern majority

very few are posting traditional comments
probably because if traditional is even mentioned
it is immediately unwelcome and attacked
Well, the majority on this forum is modern astrological :smile:
Originally, this forum had a general section which is intended for any comment
the comment may be modern, traditional, vedic, sidereal, tropical, chinese, uranian
the idea of having a general forum is to have general comment
as clarified by moderator wilsontc

as wilsontc highlighted
many modern astrologers use some traditional techniques

HOWEVER

it is clear now that modern astrologers now object
when a traditional astrologer
makes commentary on those traditional techniques the modern astrologer is using

that's unreasonable

JA, you know that your comments are seriously inflated, and thus largely mistaken. I don't know why you make them. As a modern astrologer, I try to inform myself about traditional methods. I don't object to measured and informed comments on my posts about traditional methods. I may respond to inflated and factually incorrect comments on my posts, however. The modern and "hybrid" astrologers I see on this forum respond similarly.

Last edited:

waybread

We can certainly have these conversations here. Perhaps you could start with a question on an appropriate board.

Oddity wrote,
I suppose I shouldn't be surprised that this has turned into another 'there are almost half a dozen traditional astrologers here, that's what made this forum bad' argument,...

Oddity, surely you can see that nobody has said such a thing, and that this comment is both inflated and inflammatory? It is precisely this type of comment that makes me sooooo tired.....

The OP raised a serious question that has devolved into yet another tiresome trad vs. mod debate. The problem for me isn't trad vs. mod in a general way. It is this type of gratuitous potshot at modern astrologers that isn't even accurate.

Last edited:

athenian200

JA, you know that your comments are seriously inflated

Well, his name is Jupiterasc, right?

http://www.auxmaillesgodefroy.com/planet_jupiter
Jupiter rules your potential for growth and expansion on many levels[...]

Adjectives: Expansion [...]Growth, expansion, bigger, pomposity, mergers, absorption,

Obesity and over indulgence. Pompous, excess

Inflated, expansive, or otherwise grandiose statements seem perfectly appropriate for someone with a strong Jupiter influence, based on what I've read about it.

It isn't necessarily a bad thing, either. It's just the opposite role of Mercury. Where someone with a Mercury influence tries to break things down and reduce them, someone with a Jupiter influence tries to put things together and make them into one larger thing. It's analysis vs. synthesis.

If you're more of a Mercury person, and he's more of a Jupiter person, there is bound to be conflict because you each undo one another's process. Just as Integration undoes Differentiation in Calculus, or vice-versa. Understanding the difference in approach can be instrumental in getting along with different kinds of people.