Astrology Book Swap?

SagiCap

Would anyone be interested in a group or one-time astrology book swap? I have Olivia Barclay's Horary Astrology Rediscovered and Joanna Martine Woolfolk's "The Only Astrology Book You'll Ever Need" with CD for trade. (I'm looking to trade for other horary books if possible.) Thanks.

Let me know. :)

starlink

SagiCap, I moved the thread to recommendations. I think it fits better here. How would you want to do this then? You send your books by post to someone else and they send their books to you? Could be a bit costly if you both live continents away from one another. I am not interested as my library is bulging already:)

Wondering...
Starlink

Nexus7

Why not just have a thread, or a corner, or a sticky where anyone can put up their requests for used books, sales, or swaps?

I don't actually feel the need to swap anything either, but there are books I would like to get hold of, if anyone ever had a spare copy they wanted to get rid of.....

starlink

Yes that is a good idea. I actually thought we had something like that but cannot find it anymore. I could turn this thread into a Sticky so it will always be at the top of this recommendations board. Is that a good idea you think Nexus?

Nexus7

I think that that is a great idea, Starlink.

Maybe that could include software and e-books too, as long, of course, it is known that these books are not copyrighted?

But in the first instance, maybe it is best to stick with books?

starlink

Maybe that could include software and e-books too, as long, of course, it is known that these books are not copyrighted?

Software and e-books I would not include for the exact reasons you mentioned here. People might post it here and not realising that it is copyrighted and we have to be ever vigilant of that.

OK, I will make a Sticky out of this thread.

Nexus7

Great! Well, right now I don't have much to swap, but if anyone has a copy of these books they don't need any more, then negotiations may take place:

I am looking for a used copy of COSI
The Rogues's Gallery book by Liz Greene

Thanks!

BTW, what happened to the thread on softwares for pocket PC? I have questions......

starlink

BTW, what happened to the thread on softwares for pocket PC? I have questions......
progress.gif

Probably deleted by one of us. Advertising which has nothing to do with astrology is automatically deleted. There was another thread on Ipods or something. Also deleted.

SagiCap

Thanks :sextile:link! I'm now updating my list of swap-worthy books:

I have these available for trade for some good horary material.

1. Olivia Barclay's Horary Astrology Rediscovered
  2. Joanna Martine Woolfolk's "The Only Astrology Book You'll Ever Need" with CD
  3. Rose Murray's "When Will You Marry?"
  4. Marion March/Joan McEvers' "The Only Way to Learn About Horary and Electional Astrology" Vol VI.

Hazard

Parkers (Julia and Derrick) Astrology is one of the best books imo because they take a practical approach the whole subject.

Claire19

SagiCap, I moved the thread to recommendations. I think it fits better here. How would you want to do this then? You send your books by post to someone else and they send their books to you? Could be a bit costly if you both live continents away from one another. I am not interested as my library is bulging already:)

Wondering...
Starlink
This is the problem. The cost of shipping etc and we all live all over the globe. I have a lot of books that I no longer use but donate them to a local library to build up their collection which is always small due to the alternative or metaphysical nature which some are very wary of, i.e. not mainstream.

Claire19

Why not just have a thread, or a corner, or a sticky where anyone can put up their requests for used books, sales, or swaps?

I don't actually feel the need to swap anything either, but there are books I would like to get hold of, if anyone ever had a spare copy they wanted to get rid of.....
This is a good idea especially for those of you on the American continent and may live near each other. Likewise some European countries. THe cost of postage from where I live in Australia would far outweigh the second hand value of the book.

Sanaqua

I'm loving this idea..
But i like the idea more about e-books and softwares as shipments would really be costly..

@ Starlink,
Hi :)
I think you can mention it in the rules of this thread that copywrited material should be emailed to the person asking for it rather than posting in the forum. Interested persons would be able to communicate each other through PM always. And this thread would be made for 'announcements' from those who want to sell, swap, share and send stuff..

This is a great idea..

Cheers
Sanaqua

Hi, as I am learning Horary Astrology I do not have any books to trade but would be interested in a purchase price plus postage for the Olivia BArclay book if no one else responds. My postcode is 3133. Aileen

SagiCap

Hi, as I am learning Horary Astrology I do not have any books to trade but would be interested in a purchase price plus postage for the Olivia BArclay book if no one else responds. My postcode is 3133. Aileen

Hey Aileen. If I find my Barclay book (just did a huge haul of stuff in my place,) then I'll send it to you. I'll let you know.