Ways to heal Chiron wounds

EJ53

Banned
Doublecrossedfish said:
It's as if we're being asked to go beyond our rationality to align ourselves with the energy from the center of the galaxy. A cosmic download and it can't be understood rationally.

In the late 80s/early 90s, various psychics/trance mediums published books in which they claimed to have had this message "channelled" to them from the spirit world and/or apparently non-human sources. Most presented a common theme - the "vibration" of the human race would soon be raised to understand/remember inherent abilities that are beyond the comprehension of the rational mind. And those who tried to understand rationally what was coming would be "destroyed"/unable to cope, as the only way to "survive"/cope would be to accept/embrace the changes without questioning them. In effect, we were about to go over Niagara Falls in a barrel - so, better to pray rather than attempt to influence the outcome ourselves.

At the time, I found these books/messages both incredible and amusing - but much has changed since then, including the things I believe and/or laugh at.

Praying for a sound barrel, yet nervously looking forward to the ride.

EJ:)

Night Sky

EJ53 said:
In the late 80s/early 90s, various psychics/trance mediums published books in which they claimed to have had this message "channelled" to them from the spirit world and/or apparently non-human sources. Most presented a common theme - the "vibration" of the human race would soon be raised to understand/remember inherent abilities that are beyond the comprehension of the rational mind. And those who tried to understand rationally what was coming would be "destroyed"/unable to cope, as the only way to "survive"/cope would be to accept/embrace the changes without questioning them. In effect, we were about to go over Niagara Falls in a barrel - so, better to pray rather than attempt to influence the outcome ourselves.

At the time, I found these books/messages both incredible and amusing - but much has changed since then, including the things I believe and/or laugh at.

Praying for a sound barrel, yet nervously looking forward to the ride.

I join you on that.... the world is about to change... but we should go with the flow... Neptune style...:D;)

Yes, I remember that stuff, and I also thought it was "nuts". I still think it is! But, what I've noticed over the years is that most people tune into the flow of evolution in distorted ways. The Armageddon crowd is sensing the ends of some huge cycles, but their interpretation is "nuts". And, again, the problem is that we humans try to wrap our minds around things we're not ready to really understand. So, what we come up with IS "nuts"! It's a form of mind stretching taken too seriously and too literally.

nejispirit

Ah, this is a thread I should have posted at before;

I have two big configurations in my natal, 2 yods with my Chiron in it:

1) Gemini Chiron (10th) apex + Scorpio Pluto (3rd) & Cappy Neptune (4th) for the base
2) Pluto Scorpio (3rd) apex + Aries Sun (8th) & Gemini Chiron (10) for the base

I know what the first yod is all about, but the second one I only recently discovered and have not quite figured out it's purpose yet; I am no expert to Chirons and have only read bits and pieces of it- but I can say that when it comes to my "public image" I can have great anxiety, also I can have anxiety when it comes to communication, which fits since Gemini is ruled by Mercury.

EJ53

Banned
nejispirit said:
...Pluto Scorpio (3rd) apex + Aries Sun (8th) & Gemini Chiron (10) for the base....when it comes to my "public image" I can have great anxiety, also I can have anxiety when it comes to communication, which fits since Gemini is ruled by Mercury.

In his book "Chiron", Martin Lass gives the following example of this planet in Gemini/10th :-

...might express as the wound of feeling intellectually stupid, ignorant and/or unrecognised - expressed in a career choice that is either physically and/or emotionally based but does not require too much thinking. Alternatively, it might be that our feeling of not being a good communicator or of being inept in social circumstances might be most prominently expressed in our chosen career, such as acting or politics (eg. Woody Allen).

So, taking Sun in Aries/8th as being valued by others for our self-expression/openness, we can see how overcoming this wound might lead to Pluto in Scorpio/3rd as being about transforming the power/intensity/impact of our communications.

nejispirit

EJ53 said:
In his book "Chiron", Martin Lass gives the following example of this planet in Gemini/10th :-

So, taking Sun in Aries/8th as being valued by others for our self-expression/openness, we can see how overcoming this wound might lead to Pluto in Scorpio/3rd as being about transforming the power/intensity/impact of our communications.

Ooh, thanks! Sounds like another Astrology book I need to purchase ;); actually yes, the communication anxieties can be horrific- all my life I have had fears of coming across as stupid/inept/someone who does not know what she is talking, I still struggle with it but it has gotten better thankfully :cool:.

I actually am working to become a field research psychologist, so not of one that would allow me *not* to face my fears; I love to research (I find that it is suiting for my rising, Virgo) and I want to share with others what I find out in the world and such, it is quite fascinating to me.

Ah yes, my Pluto in the 3rd, I think I am coming closer and closer to better understanding and dealing with this *wound* in a way that will bring me closer to "peace" so to speak. Or at least, better peace of mind with my Chiron.

Interesting enough, I have Gemini Chiron conj Gemini MC, so I know I am somehow going to share with the world the outcome of this struggle in my life (other things I have not mentioned, etc) and how they can use their struggles for their benefit, whether it be helping others in a medical field, or psychology, or teaching, or whatever.

C1

Chiron teachers and learners:

Thank you all (too many to list!)

Suddenly Chiron came out of hiding in my 12th at 8 degrees Sag (opposite Mercury). Before that, no planets or centaurs or plutoids occupied 10th, 11th or 12th houses in my chart.

Then the teacher came! On 12/12/05 (just 3 and 1/3 months after Katrina)
Chiron was opposite the mp of my natal Uranus 29 degrees Gemini in 7th and my natal Saturn 29 degrees Leo in 9th (Koch) house.

Then my 2nd Saturn return a couple years ago.

Now a present moment of universal soul evolution on sacred Earth.

Dear Chiron, like all of us, was injured (intentionally or not) by adults (usually parents) in early childhood (hated, reviled, abandoned, ignored, ridiculed, some children were beaten, assaulted; some caught up in years of war).

Thanks everyone for your insights about time, about not resisting the truth.

I agree we each have an individual, unique soul and hidden in the unconscious is a gem. And as we become self-aware as Earthlings, living in
the conscious Earth dimension, each with a unique gift, we continue on our
unique journeys to know ourselves.

Yes. This Chiron thread is weaving together many dimensions. As we learn
to respect our Self, our psyche, our soul and body we choose to
think, eat, believe ourselves into the bright new day, every day.

Sea one.
See one.
C one.

I was led here today and I spent time reading through the entire history of this delicate thread, thank you all! BTW starlink (my birthday is 5/5!)

GeminiSagRising

In my chart I have Chiron in Gemini and I am also a Gemini Sun... I'm confused as to what this would mean... I'm very well spoken and I love to read, write, and express myself, but I'm not always good at fitting in...

dub.tribe

This is an amazing thread! It's too time consuming to catch up and read every post carefully, but I enjoyed what I've managed to read so far.

starlink said:
In the 9th, like Julie's Chiron, I have had seen several times a great disappointment in oneself, even shame, to not having been able to get a degree (university) in some subject, and especially the first time the person failed, it puts a stamp on his or her self-esteem. This "failure" goes like a red tape through their lives and influences lots of decisions and often the person decides to really start developing that area to compensate for the "wound", like doing all sorts of studies where he/she does succeed and indeed often they then also want to teach others what they have learned.
Starlink, you opened my eyes with this post. I never paid attention to Chiron in my chart before, and I had trouble astrologically explaining my attitude towards education. So I just have to share this revelation excitement :)

My Chiron is in 9th house in Taurus 1) conjunct MC 2) it's the apex of a t-square (square Moon in 12th and Venus in 6th) 3) square nodes

To make a long story short: I think all my emotional struggles are somehow related to the need for high university degrees. I did a lot so far but still haven't gotten any satisfaction and I feel very insecure. There is a lot more to learn and the academia is the only place I can see myself in the future. My driving force is a need for creating more stimulating artistic environments (probably because of aspects to Taurus MC, Moon and Venus) but teaching also helps healing this particular Chiron "wound".

I'm also very curious to see how this placement affects my attitudes towards religion in the future...

Thanks everybody for great posts!

cathywh

Banned
starlink said:
Hi everyone, I am late coming to this thread, was one week totally occupied with family matters:
I like what Liz Green has written on the topic Chiron

In my experience, whereever Chiron is found in the chart, we find the most sensitive and difficult area of our life. In the 9th, like Julie's Chiron, I have had seen several times a great disappointment in oneself, even shame, to not having been able to get a degree (university) in some subject, and especially the first time the person failed, it puts a stamp on his or her self-esteem. This "failure" goes like a red tape through their lives and influences lots of decisions and often the person decides to really start developing that area to compensate for the "wound", like doing all sorts of studies where he/she does succeed and indeed often they then also want to teach others what they have learned.

Cheers, Starlink

I am amazed. Been searching for my 9th house meaning and this describes it to the T. Thanks a tonne.

I have Taurus Chiron in 9H almost conjunct Vertex, POF and BML. I have been struggling to understand what it means. Imagine what, I had the same issue - I was considered to be brilliant as child but beyond my undergrad degree I could not move forward. As a compensation, now I have spent a fortune to get a postgrad, this rankled in my heart and brain till I completed it. I used to compare my progress in career with lesser intelligent peers and feel bad I lack a higher degree. Finally did it, but not to much avail so late in life. I am now considering teaching at the same place I have pursued my postgrad.

Chiron is in double T Sq with 5H Moon (Cap) at apex opposing Uranus Conj Venus (Sco) in 3H and another with Mars (Lib) in 2H. All along I was trying to understand thru aspects than placement.

Thanks for opening my eyes here.

What does Chiron in Aries 8H mean? Can you help me with this too.

Last edited:

cassanra

I just noticed my chiron return happens in 2010. I had not realized I was coming full circle! Will the squares and oppositions tell me what I can look forward too? Can anyone share their chiron return.
Natal Chiron is at 27 degrees in Aquarious on the 12th cusp. Aquarious, from what I read, is the wound from the collective? the fight against the group or unwillingness to go with the group? And teh 12th is the collective wound?
At the opposition, I had just moved to another state with my new husband, my 1 year old son and was living with my mother-in-law(I would not recommned that). I was yet again cut off from my known world and began this soul searching which lead to my baptisim (complete submerssion). I remember feeling this need somehow to start my life over free of some inner deamon.
At the square my father was accused of molesting my 3 year old daughter I fought a long battle with social workers, attornies 1200 miles away (chiron was conjunct jupiter in the 8th) and eventually the case was dropped. This was in the middle of my husband and I's separation with him stirring the pot.
Can this be the fight against the collective? social workers and relgious salvation? I guess so....in one way and in another.
Would the return be something again reflecting the principles of the aqurious/12th theme would I simply do another return chart?

EJ53

Banned
Cathywh said:
...What does Chiron in Aries 8H mean? Can you help me with this too.

Chiron in Aries indicates issues with self-image. These will affect 8th house events. For example, the person may be afraid of being assertive (Aries) - so having too much respect for the values of others.

cassanra said:
...Can anyone share their chiron return.

1. Born with Chiron in Scorpio/3rd - "deep-seated scorpio fear of being manipulated, affecting how I communicate (3rd house).

2. First Chiron square at age 12 - death of grandmother who (with chiron hindsight) was the only "figure of authority" that never attempted to manipulate me. Also, first term in Seconday Education - when (with chiron hindsight) the main objective was to make me conform (by manipulation).

3. Chiron opposition at 35 - A time of considerable pressure by "my society" to make me conform (by manipulation), referred to elsewhere on this thread.

4. Second Chiron square at 45 - Throughout the six months prior to her death through cancer, I became aware for the first time of how my mother was manipulating me (and had always done so).

5. Chiron Return at 50 - This was when I began to reflect upon how my resistance to "being manipulated" by others had affected my life. But, I'm still working on this at 60.

..Would the return be something again reflecting the principles of the aqurious/12th theme would I simply do another return chart?

I'd expect it to be a time when you begin to understand how your deep-seated Chiron fear affects your behaviour, and how that behaviour has produced problems in your life. This may be triggered by a specific event or, as in my case, by a "middle-aged" relection of your life so far.

blueheron

GeminiSagRising said:
In my chart I have Chiron in Gemini and I am also a Gemini Sun... I'm confused as to what this would mean... I'm very well spoken and I love to read, write, and express myself, but I'm not always good at fitting in...

One factor about not fitting in would correspond with Uranus in the 1st, on the Asc.

blueheron

Great post, and great thread. Interesting. I haven't looked much at chiron either, (old school Western, and very much into vedic.) But this is fascinating.

Chiron would seem to correspond with the vedic concept of the "bhadaka" planet, which is complicated to find. It's the "kicker" of the chart.

So interesting... thanks for the posting.

cathywh

Banned
EJ53 said:
Chiron in Aries indicates issues with self-image. These will affect 8th house events. For example, the person may be afraid of being assertive (Aries) - so having too much respect for the values of others.

You are right, bang on!

Not just too much respect for values of others but even defining life's values based on others perceptions, he cannot judge on his own was my complaint all along. Now I know why it is.

How would you interpret if in same chart the NN is in same house but different sign, Pisces 8H? It redoubles the effect or as it is Pisces now I say about spiritual matters?

Last edited:

EJ53

Banned
cathywh said:
...Now I know why it is.

The semantics are important here so (being pedantic), you know what it is (Chiron in Aries/8th) and how it influences him (too much respect for the values of others) - but only he can know why it is (the painful childhood experiences which are now logged in his subconscious). Thus, only he can resolve the problem - by reviewing those experiences with adult eyes.

How would you interpret if in same chart the NN is in same house but different sign, Pisces 8H?

(Assuming the orb is too wide to be a conjunction) North Node in Pisces/8th is about serving others selflessly and learning to respect their values as he respects his own. So, it's those last 4 words that need attention - since the true servant considers himself the equal of those he serves (which Christ demonstrated by washing the feet of his disciples). Thus, he cannot achieve the NN purpose without overcoming his Chiron wound.

And, if the NN and Chiron are conjunct, he will help others to overcome their own Chiron wound if/when he has overcome his own - so, maybe that is the selfless NN service he is here to provide.

Last edited:

cathywh

Banned
EJ53 said:
(Assuming the orb is too wide to be a conjunction) North Node in Pisces/8th is about serving others selflessly and learning to respect their values as he respects his own. So, it's those last 4 words that need attention - since the true servant considers himself the equal of those he serves (which Christ demonstrated by washing the feet of his disciples). Thus, he cannot achieve the NN purpose without overcoming his Chiron wound.

And, if the NN and Chiron are conjunct, he will help others to overcome their own Chiron wound if/when he has overcome his own - so, maybe that is the selfless NN service he is here to provide.

Thanks a million!

But him learning to be selfless?!!! That's impossible I imagine, in this life time - selfishness is his life blood (Scorpio Sun and Mercury?) May be he will have to reincarnate again in this world to become selfless and serve others. :D

This is quite interesting and I believe it fits the context perfectly - but are these two not contradictory (Chiron and NN interpretations)?

blueheron

Healing Chiron's wounds...

meditating-1.jpg

EJ53

Banned
cathywh said:
...but are these two not contradictory (Chiron and NN interpretations)?

As Blueheron indicates, meditation and reflection are the key to change. And, often events/circumstances in life force such reflection if we fail to do it voluntarily.

His Chiron/NN are in fact complementary, as he cannot achieve the latter without addressing the former. So, maybe his values/beliefs will be changed by future events/circumstances in his life.