Noticing Neptune

mercurial

I'm curious about Neptune, I wanted to start a thread where things could be posted about Neptune in the world, maybe to get a better understanding of it.

dowhanawi

My hubby has a stellium (jupiter 23°- ac 27°-sun 27°-neptune 28° sag) he is an alcoholic with issues of grandeur. And he hides it really well. He is in therapy and not in our home at this time. I often wonder if we will ever be able to have a regular home/love life.

My Neptune is on my 5th house cusp in sag. I think its a fairly healthy placement. My kids describe me as a fun mom full of imagination (I have 6 kids) and game ideas. But maybe I am also a bit delusional about the relationship with hubby.

Last edited:

katydid

It is interesting to consider 'fashion' as a symptom of a Neptune in the first. LOL I had not considered that when looking at my newborn granddaughter's Neptune in the first, T-sqaure.

But of course, Fashion design is a Neptunian talent. It is like creating an alternative reality, another world. Very similar to film making, fiction writing, painting, music, etc.

Sorry to hear about your husband, Dowhanawhi. Alcohol/drugs was the first thing i feared when I saw my grandbaby's T-sqaure to neptune in the first. It is all too common with Neptunian afflictions. :sad:

dowhanawi

I think the fashion info is interesting too. And it is part of how my hubby hides his issue. He is very fashionable in appearance.

As for your granddaughter I don't think Neptune is always an addictions issue. My hubby is for sure the stereotype. I would look at the 12th an 6th house too before assuming it will become an addictions issue. Also early childhood.

dowhanawi

Sorry to hear that too dowhanawi, my first impression of Neptune when I started reading into Astrology earlier this year was that it sounded fantastic ha, but its heavy when reality is involved, that's one reason I found Trainspotting so piercing. I hope your husband is able to get more of a handle on it, therapy is doing good things for me at the moment and 'Neptune' is seemingly at the heart of my own issues. Meditation too (which I understand to be Neptune territory). Fighting Neptune with Neptune, he could try adding that to the mix if he's up for it, its great.

Re: Fashion, yeah I hadn't thought much before in this way about how fashion functioned like that. Neptune is a nice metaphor to help understand more about the mechanics of it (and yet it also doesn't seem to explain anything at all in a way haha). I think good fashion is a great gift of Neptune, but as I've been gradually realising - proceed with caution.

Great suggestion on the meditation idea! Thank-you. I will suggest when ready to listen. I am glad therapy and meditation are working for you. It is a healthy way to go (heal the issues that drive the escape). Astrology can be very revealing as to where and how we can get a handle on our weaknesses

david starling

I think it (Neptune) has to do with social trends as well as personal issues. Mini-eras in which the Sign that Neptune is in becomes inspirationally important on a wide scale. "THE SIXTIES" for example: Neptune in Scorpio, and look at the fashions in that era! Neptune in Leo also--the "Roaring Twenties". When Neptune was coming through less strongly in Virgo, the sign opposite the one it rules, inspiration waned, and that era included the "Great Depression", when fashion became rather drab. Notice also the fashion flamboyance with Neptune in Sag. That aside, having Neptune in the 12th would, in theory, be linked to some form of O.C.D.

Last edited:

kimbermoon

In my own early studies I learned that the transpersonal [generational] planets work in sequence to bring about evolution and change. Uranus moves in first to create instability and uncertainty, chaos and upsets. This serves to tweak the consciousness into realizing that change is an inevitable part of life. Neptune then moves in to clear the way for transcendence and higher understanding, by addressing our spiritual beliefs and visions. Pluto represents the fall from 'The Tower' in tarot; often bringing us to our knees, challenging us to rise like the Phoenix from the ashes and create new beginnings. Yes they certainly set the stage for our social and political backgrounds into which we are raised in.

On the personal level, Neptune, like all the planets, will reveal it's nature, not only through the sign it is in, but also by it's aspects, showing whether the energies will work for good, or ill in our lives. Already we have good insights into Neptune here [thanks to all who have posted]; I would also like to add a couple more keywords.

When it is positively aligned it relates to: imagination, trance states, [fantasy] , transcendence, intuition and spiritual attunement. It can also make us more in tune with Nature and all her beauty. Imagination is a strong facility when applied positively.
In it's negative forms though it sets us up for confusion, insecurity, naivete deceptions, betrayals, faith and trust issues and disappointments, typically by our own blind innocence.
It is also renowned for disguising our reality until we become awakened to what the true nature of reality is.

david starling

To the ancient Greeks, Poseidon (Neptune) was very real--generally beneficial, but vindictive and destructive when offended. He was the ruler of the Sea, and they were dependent on the ocean. Poseidon was one of the three gods with "Earthly Authority", in between Zeus (Jupiter) who was the Sky god, and Hades (Pluto), third in line, ruler of the underworld. Neptune operates in the Unconscious Realm of Awareness which is like fantasy to our culture, which is obsessed with the Conscious Realm of Awareness. (IMO)

Last edited:

Kitchy

Banned
I'm curious about Neptune, I wanted to start a thread where things could be posted about Neptune in the world, maybe to get a better understanding of it.

Hello -

Your question of getting better understanding of Neptune is an oxymoron of sorts. There is no understanding of Neptune in group collective - Neptune is the mirror we see ourselves in and the eyes that others see us with.

I gave up trying to figure out Neptune a long time ago, but there are still many people who believe they have Neptune all figured out.

Neptune is usually the first voice we hear or gut hunch or whatever. Thoughts of This will be good or this will be bad. It is never wrong in that first instinct. The problem is that it doesn't want to believe anything can be bad - so it tends to convince us not to listen to our first thought or gut hunch about the bad things - because it doesn't want to believe anything is bad.

Therein lies the Neptune dilemma. Without a good Saturn for it, Neptune can wreak mega trouble in some compartment of one's life. It usually does anyway, even with a good Saturn relationship - but the damage is usually lessened when Saturn is involved.

All those "I knew that would happen!" moments we have had in life are Neptune. Even Uranus needs something to "react" to in order to get its insight. Neptune sees what isn't there but is there, if you know what I mean.

david starling

Exactly! It IS there in the Unconscious Realm. We live in all three Realms at all times, but when it comes to the Unconscious and Subconscious Realms of Awareness, we're currently in a state of darkness, Collectively. A few do have some actual vision regarding them, and Astrology does help as a visionary aid. Objectively, the Unconscious and Subconscious are as "real" as the Conscious--we, unlike the ancient Greeks, can't See it that way. Collectively, we're mired in the Conscious Realm. Pluto, incidentally operates in the Subconscious Realm. (IMO)

Last edited:

katydid

My Neptune is conjunct Saturn and Spica in Libra, and Sun @ zero Scorpio. So I have a hard time understanding my Neptune. It is in the 6th house with the stellium and so it is kind of a muddled influence. It is right behind my Sun, and I think I have used it as a support system in a way. I have always relied upon Neptunian talents to make my way in the world. I began doing charts in high school. I would do readings for friends, about their potential boyfriends, in exchange for whatever they wanted to trade. I continued in college, @ UC Berk in the early 70's. Astrology and tarot were very popular at the time there. So I was able to make my own spending money by relying upon my Sun/Neptune conjunction. But at the same time, I kind of ignored my Neptune. It is my unseen influence. It is conjunct Saturn and Spica. So it is also kind of repressed or reigned in. I wanted to be seen as 'legit.'

Kitchy

Banned
I think where Neptune falls in a natal chart - the house - is the area of life we see less clearly. In 6th house - it would likely show up as a savior or mother theresa figure - kind of Christ like in that scripture I can't recall specifically - "why oh why don't you listen to my advice" - 6th house is probably the most important house for a human - it is the house of how we survive day to day. Neptune in that house would likely have a problem with rigidity of the day to day on real life terms, but a neptune 6th "boss" in a job, would let things go fluid or even out of control , while correcting them in unknown ways with a good saturn aspect.

Kitchy

Banned
My personal experience of Neptune. I was born with a Sun-Neptune & Merc-Neptune Square. Venus Pisces. South Node conjunct Chiron Pisces. Neptune square Asc/Sun in mutual reception. Neptune in 4th house.

I have experienced life-long questioning of my reality compared with others. The problems arise worst when I subjugate Neptune's hunches or memories to "logic" or "how others saw it" - how others need it".

Neptune is good for confusing about the truth because we can't stand to believe that the truth is as harsh as it is.

It's like the shock factor of trauma in a lot of ways - we are lucky enough not to remember how awful the moments were/are -

It's a self defense mechanism at best - at worst - "I do not recall" -

My natal moon pluto square which squares and opposes north node opposition to chiron pisces/south node 2nd to 8th & has been good at record keeping of neptunian pain.

In the end - I think about what I knew and felt and didn't listen to.

I might end up loving Neptune before I die, if I can only harness the wisdom of my Saturn "do you really want to put your tit in that buzzsaw?"

Last edited:

david starling

I see Neptune as being an emotional shock-absorber against Saturn's harsh version of Reality. But on the Material level, best to keep your feet on the ground, even if your head is in the clouds. It's the Saturnian version of Truth that we're currently stuck with, and that too could change. I have Neptune in Libra, which definitely relates to keeping your feet on the ground when you'd prefer to fly!

Last edited:

PatAstro

I have Neptune in 7th house.
My guy is a Sagittarius, he works at the hospital as a nurse. And he is hispanic.

In my Mom's chart... 7th house represents her 2nd child... (me). Neptune
transits her 1st house (my guy). :happy:

In my sister's chart... 3rd house represents me. Neptune transits in her 9th house (my guy). :happy:

Neptune represents hospital and foreigner.

Wow... :biggrin: