Pisces MC!

Hi everyone - first time poster here and hoping to start a discussion on Pisces MC.

So, having this placement has its ups and downs - does anyone else share this with me?

I've never known what I wanted to do (well, apart from when I was a child I wanted to be a singer) - I stumbled into accountancy which is my father's line of work. I've been doing this for 10 years and hating it the whole time pretty much. I'm skilled with admin but long to be doing something better for the world, the environment - to be of service.

With Neptune about to conjunct my MC and pass back and forth over it I'm really worried about my future.

I'd love to be a holistic therapist, energy worker, nutritional therapist or live and work in a retreat center.

Does anyone have any advice with how to manage my chart or what could be a good vocation for a drifter like me?

Attachments

• natal.PNG
    natal.PNG
    62.2 KB · Views: 56

Rawiri

Well, firstly - accountancy is of service.

Companies doing good things for the environment need good accountants too. A good accountant can be the difference between them successfully doing good things for the environment - or going under. Or being able to make payroll so employees can look after their families.

You do have potential for those lines of service in your chart...but I'd be wary of making any changes like that when under transit of Neptune like that.

Nonetheless I expect you will either significantly change your work or achieve a major kind of promotion (if that is possible) sometime in the next couple of years as Saturn moves through Capricorn. If you've truly been doing good work, then normally these changes are for the better.

(Aside, nice username choice - it reminds me of one of my first crushes when I was younger lol)

Thanks for the reply Rawiri.

I suppose I never looked at accountancy as service - I think my Mars in Aries wants to lead and I've always been stuck at the bottom of the pile - the 9-5 is a drain for me mostly.

Although, I have just secured a role within the National Health Service here in the UK, I hope this will satisfy all my needs to be doing something good.

We shall see!

Rawiri

Yeah, that's certainly understandable.

I noticed that Mars. I'd be worried about it burning itself out too quickly and brightly when it latches onto a new ideal and then becoming lackluster.

Could I ask whether you require glasses or contact lenses, just for a "data point" for some combinations?

In any case, congrats on the new role and I hope you find what brings you fulfillment to do and the means to achieve it.

Haha - yes I do require glasses. I have astigmatism so it's only for certain things I need to wear them. What in my chart shows that?

Thanks for the good wishes!

You're totally right about my Mars, I easily get bored and burn out.... especially with work. I need something to keep me interested and I need to be in charge. It can be quite an issue!

Rawiri

Thank you!

It was the Mars with the north node along with an affliction to "the lights" (Sun and Moon). Mostly the moon that I noticed though (in 6th with Saturn).

StillOne

I've never known what I wanted to do (well, apart from when I was a child I wanted to be a singer) - I stumbled into accountancy which is my father's line of work. I've been doing this for 10 years and hating it the whole time pretty much. I'm skilled with admin but long to be doing something better for the world, the environment - to be of service.
I have Pisces MC and feel the same way you do. Like you, I never knew what I wanted to do so I also followed my father's profession and work in finance. I liked it at first but have been wanting to do something different for some time. It's just tough to leave since I'd be starting all over and am doing reasonably well now. I've made peace with it but also want to do creative work on the side in the future. :happy:

ashriia

I too, have a Pisces MC, with neptune placed in the 6th.

I think it's really important to factor in Neptune's aspects, along with the Ascendant - sign/ruler in determining good 'fits'; career wise.

I didn't follow my father anywhere, rather I got kind of involved in a similar profession as my mother; which is beauty.
I never had a clear idea of what I wanted to do career wise. studied art in college and graphic design. When i needed to work, I took a job that would hire me and got involved in corporate customer service/admin for luxury products in the fashion/beauty market and have been doing similar type of work for about 15 years. My neptune opposes venus- which rules my sun. So beauty/arts is a natural fit. I also like data and am good with computers so really that is why I've stayed in the field, also all the free products, and ability to work odd hours!:biggrin:

I given thought to lots of other types of work, worked at a magazine for a time, and didn't like it. I like elderly people, and have given thought to working with them. But I need technology for work to keep things interesting. I have a hundred interests and side-projects that I work on to fulfill me in a more spiritual way. So it keeps things balanced.

Lastly, Neptune crossed my Midheaven a bit ago. And one thing I can say, is my intuition has been through the roof. I can pick up on what someone is thinking alot more easily since this transit began. So there is alot of weird synchronicity moments, between myself and others. I think it's a great time to go into work that requires intuitive facilities to be keen. Such as professional astrology, or any kind of therapuetic work. But have a solid plan with lots of plan b scenarios if making a drastic career change since this is neptune we are talking about here.:bandit:

Last edited:

neptuner

Hi Pisces MC person :)

My husband has this position. He drifted around quite a bit. He now loves his job, he's a scholar who specializes in literature, however many of his initial dreams were crushed. For example, he bombed the LSAT (he initially wanted to be a lawyer) and he now sees that as the best thing that ever happened to him. So, I'd say be open to the prospect that sometimes disappointments are fate guiding you towards something better.

He often is reluctant to take risks unless he's super supported. I would guide against this because being too dependent on other people can limit you ultimately.

I do think Pisces MC needs a higher significance to their career. So, if accounting isn't feeding your soul, I think get out, try something different. Drifting is not automatically bad though. It can lead you to discovering passions.

Additionally a lot of people treat hubs as pushover, I think Pisces MC gives an impression of someone being overly doormat-y, so be wary of domineering people who might use you. With Pisces MC you really need to make sure to be around good people who won't manipulate or try to sabotage you.