Moon in Aquarius

venus in scorpio 1987

I am cancer rising with moon in aquarius in the 8th house, square Pluto. I have the fear of loneliness and so far I had the experience that everyone is alone. We have nobody but ourselves. Of course we have our parents, friend etc who ''care'' about us but after all we have just ourselves. That's why independance is very important to me. However I am very emotional and have deep feelings but it's hardly for me to show them.
I was brought up in a family that learned me to rationalize my feelings. Sometimes I overdo it with logic and that trait becomes a disadvantage.
I love my moon in aquarius because It makes me think very objectively. When I face a problem I can look myself and the situations in my life as an observer, very objectively. Finally, if we consider that I have a lot of water in my chart, the moon in aquarius compensates the excessive emotion.

stillatlarge

I agree with venus in scorp 87 completely. About other women, I have two female friends. One is Taurus (strained) and one is Virgo with mars in Leo. I think the mars is why I like her. I can't stand other females. They're stupid, catty, deceitful, and frivolous and never 'get me'. It feels like everything i say is over their heads but their boyfriends get it. LOL. They always look at me as no competition in an insulting way and so many times it burns them. Not that I steal their men cuz I'm not like that. I have Mars in the twelfth so people naturally underestimate me but especially women. My relationship with women has really given me problems, especially when they are in a position to help or protect me. They've always f'd me over.

Amy Vir Sn Ari Mn Pis Ris

It still seems to me that we balance in the end. As Venus in Scorpio said she'd be too emotional and feels the Aquarian moon brings that balance.

I feel my Aries moon "warms" up my 3 planets in Virgo and my water signs help there too.

Thanks you two for that additional insight. I appreciate it!

Urawakai

I'm a Pisces/Aquarius/Gemini and I like other females and they make up the majority of my friends
Actually I used to be very distant from people and detached in general, but suddenly I find myself wanting to be close and hang on to any sort of relationship I have with friends--I have no idea why though

piscesnurse

yes i agree being a pisces i do not find them or cancers mean at all
being a aqua moon as well i do not people should generalize sun signs the chart shows the whole of a person

Nexus7

What degree is your Moon?

If you have been experiencing the recent Chiron/Neptune transits, then youmay be feeling more open than usual.

newborn

OK, I've heard how a lot of y'all relate and feel about your Mothers. Now I'd like to know how you feel or get along with women in general. I'm still thinking moon = female and Aquarius = detached. So I remain curious.

I have a moon in aquarius with an out-of-sign opposition from saturn in early virgo. My relationships with women have always been awkward, strained, and short-lived. In addition, I'm not one to stick close to my roots (or my mother--all things 4th house.) I tend to regard the past as the past and remain somewhat disconnected from people/places/events in my past. I also have a venus in scorpio, which adds a deeply emotional component to my chart, but for me, this is a very private (scorpio) part of myself that I do not show many people.

I can easily relate to many of the posts in this thread. I tend to laugh in awkard situations when I get nervous--and I always fear that I'm going to laugh at the wrong moment and offend other people. I'm actually extremely sensitive (neptune trine ascendant) and have powerful emotions (mars trine moon/venus in scorpio) but I can be very detached and spacey. I think some of the detachment issues are less about who I am naturally than the fact that I have adopted the detachment approach as a means of self-protection. I appear detached and aloof because I am so deeply sensitive and I get hurt so easily. I think the trick for me is to learn to find balance between tuning other people out and letting them in/establishing an emotional connection.

For those of you with aquarius moons, how do you relate to children? If you have children, do you struggle with connecting to your little ones? I love my children deeply--and work to make sure that they know it. sometimes, though, it can be hard for me to relate to children--in other words it feels like it doesn't come naturally for me. I have to really push for it. Does anyone else struggle with this? Perhaps it may be enhanced in my chart due to the saturn opposition...Thoughts?

Nexus7

Newborn

I don't think you can takethe moon position alone to guage the questions that you ask, could be your Saturn opposition could indeed provide some answers there. Ihave an eaxct Moon/Saturn semi-square and an exact Uranus oppositon and do not really really relate well to very small children.

But even toddlers -once a little bespactacled two-year-old came to visit my family's house with his parents - he was great, and probably unusually bright though.

I don't do girly-girl, I do find the intricacies of how to relate to other women a little difficult.

Urawakai

Off topic for a sec, I found this hilarious person on Youtube and I'm totally obsessed with her videos and I found out she's a Leo/Aquarius! and she does have a bit of odd humor and she talked about doing that whole "laughing when things are really bad automaticcaly" I thought that was Aqua moon-like
well anyways, if you want to watch her, her channel is called communitychannel

as for children, if they aren't too young and annoying or if they aren't brats then I have the best time with them because I can just be myself without being insecure about what I say generally

audioanomaly

My moon is also in Aquarius, and lots of the things people have talked about here have resonated with me, especially this: "[they are] generally very good listeners willing to let others dominate the conversations. In fact, I suspect they like that because it avoids them having to share too much of themselves." So true of me!

My moon conjuncts Venus in the 7th house, which is squared by Saturn. Phew! So my chilly Aquarian moon is complicated by dreamy emotional Moon.

I've also had a complicated relationship with my (also nosy, smothering) Pisces mother, especially in my childhood and late teens. When i was very small I percieved her as a too-intense bundle of emotional energy, always sharing and feeling and needing. I found this very overwhelming and confusing. My tendency towards the rational, logical, made me a good listener and problem-solver for her, which is a dynamic we established when i was very little and persists to this day. :) She is sometimes frustrated by my tendency to be cool or 'aloof' (incidentally, ooey-gooy cancers tend to have this complaint about me as well). As an adult, though, I have learned to understand and accept her and we get along nicely.

I get along well with women (I am one, by the way), but generally have had more close male friends than female. I had one long partnership in my early 20s with a Capricorn man with strong Cancer influences (moon and rising). Our relationship had remarkable parallels to my relationship with my mother as described above, with me taking on the cool, logical, helping role (to be of service and to protect myself from what I perceived to be too much intense emotion and neediness). Several men I have been with have called me cold, come to think of it. I suspect it has plenty to do with traditional gender roles and my inability to be as nuturing as women are expected to be.

For me, Aquarius moon resonates strongly with my anti-authoritarian, rebellious, innovative qualities. I tend to feel like an outsider, even among the very fringe subculture I inhabit.

As for fears, I'm afraid of not connecting with other people as much as I would like to. I tend to be reserved, introverted, cerebral.

I've written a novel here, but there's so much to say! Thanks for the topic. :)

Aruilly

It could be that most threads on moon signs don't get much if a respomse because many people are not especially up on their moon signs. But the Scorpio Moon was one, big exception.

If you want to talk about sex, about relationships, my recommendation would be to find a Scorpio forum somewhere. Contrary to the myths, there is not much in the way of secretiveness there, but plenty of soul-bearing. Of course, there are feuds and power struggles, which is what you might expect. You might want to check out the state of your natal Pluto.

The Aquarius forum was full of people who wanted to read out and quote their 'lucky star' horoscopes to each other, were somewhat elitist and tended to be somewhat troll-infested, along with with entreaties to rise above such things. The Aquarius Moon was too small with too many lurkers to attract the hard-core psychic stink-bombers, which is why I occasionally used it to bring in discussions I did not want to start on one or two other places, where it might otherwise have got seriously boring. Maybe true to form though, one or two of the Aquarius Moons I did get to know there, as well as you can virtually, declared that they actually loved trolls and did it themselves occasionally a bit. Each to their own.....

The Pisces forums were very inclusive, whether or not it was Sun,Moon or Asc you had, and professed to be protective of each other, in this wicked world.

There was an interesting 'anger management' thread in the Aries Moon thread. I did not really check out the others.

I think I will have to retire and write My Thesis now.

Gosh, at first I laughed at this and then right after was all like "True, true..." I've seen this in the treads in tribe.net too. Scorpio moon, pluto-moon and venus-pluto are sheer fun. Wanna talk about sex, relationships, anger, obssession, jealosy, envy and all ugly spectrums of emotions? Go to one of this. Ppl there blurt things like "Oh yeah, when I was 13 my mom made me walk 10 miles barefoot bcos I had forgotten to do the task she asked of me. Just another normal day." to be followed by other horrible reports of parental abuse one worse than the other. However, I found it amazing how well they received their stories and how respectful of their emotions they were (mostly) even when power struggles happened. Someone really should do a research on moon signs and forums LOL

bbr11

Gosh, at first I laughed at this and then right after was all like "True, true..." I've seen this in the treads in tribe.net too. Scorpio moon, pluto-moon and venus-pluto are sheer fun. Wanna talk about sex, relationships, anger, obssession, jealosy, envy and all ugly spectrums of emotions? Go to one of this. Ppl there blurt things like "Oh yeah, when I was 13 my mom made me walk 10 miles barefoot bcos I had forgotten to do the task she asked of me. Just another normal day." to be followed by other horrible reports of parental abuse one worse than the other. However, I found it amazing how well they received their stories and how respectful of their emotions they were (mostly) even when power struggles happened. Someone really should do a research on moon signs and forums LOL
Taking into consideration what you said and the person you quoted said i can tell you THE exact reason why aquarius moons tend to be like that. In fact it's not necessarily true that they prefer someone else dominate the conversation and I tell you why. hmmm let's see, where do I start....ok, I figured out that Aquarius moon people don't like to talk about bull****. If someone is talking about "once upon a time when I was 13 I jumped off a cliff hahaha", that to an aquarian moon's mind is pointless and a waste of time to listen to and/or continue the conversation about bull**** like that. I'm sorry if I'm blunt but that's the way I prefer to be and that's the way I prefer people to be to me as well. I prefer honest people rather than people who beat around the bush kind of people anyday. The reason that the scorpio moons are like that IS THE EXACT SAME REASON WHY THEY ARE SECRETIVE! They beat around the bush and talk nonesense so therefore they can make people think that they have nothing to hide. I don't wanna sound arrogant but Aquarian moons are probably the most clever people around. They have such a high bull**** meter that they can smell it from a mile away. I've met moon in scorpios and I know EXACTLY what they're like. They are nothing but full of ****. If you think they are not secretive then think again because I can easily tell that you're very naive from saying that. So keep thinking that they are honest because that's exactly what they want you to think.

My ex had moon in aquarius and I can tell you that me and her had the best conversations ever! It was very intellectual and I could tell we both loved it. We could both easily tell how someone we met was like. Although we never judged anyone but we enjoyed talking about different personalities since Aquarius is a people sign, humanitarian and intellectual. It was like a treat for us to have such conversations.

Personally I don't like air signs because they are barely ever honest about the things they say, which is fine because it's just the way they are, very sensitive that is. Although I do think they make great spouses (I think but I'm not sure since I've never had one). But I don't appreciate their dishonesty and secretiveness. btw I'm saying this from experience. Like i said I have a really high BS meter so if someone is hiding something I can easily tell.

Anyway, that was my 2 cents.

Aruilly

First of, what is ******** (taking that you mean in this case both things that you don't care for and lying) to you may not be to someone else.:joyful: and just because you are not interested in the subject doesn't make it waste of time either. I guess it's a matter of curiosity.:smile: But to each their own right...

Oh okay your blunt. And?

I've met a few scorpio moons and what I know about them (the ones I met, cause I would be very silly if I judged thousands of ppl by a few others right? :innocent:) is that true they are secretive. They lie a lot when they want to, don't show emotions, power issues blablabla...And they hide in plain sight too. But ppl are entitled to their secrets. However, when they are telling their stories of how they felt yeah they are as nexus put it, showing a part of their soul. By the way, you might not believe but out there in the world there really are parents who abuse their children and as astounding as it is ppl in forums feel more comfortable to reveal those things. But not these ones though, they just made a community for 100 ppl to take a **** at problems like these. (Ummm, this was sarcasm....yeeeeeah okay xD) Well, either way, I have more fun in there than in the aqua forums where they are competing to see who is the most "special" :sleeping:

Well, those are my own 2 cents and my own opinion which of course means not absolute truth, thank you :smile:

Last edited:

cocoloco

My moon is in Aquarius in Sidereal astrology. I noticed that as a child I did not hug or kiss my mother a lot, on contrast; my sister showed my mom a lot of affection. I was also like that in my previous relationships but now I am better.

Ixaee

I believe aspects definitely come into play more so than the actual moon-sign....

My son is an Aqua moon, but his moon is conjunct Neptune (in the 10th house of mother) and he and I are exceptionally close to eachother. Its a very spiritual relationship and we both seem to adore one another.

His moon makes only positive aspects, besides a square to his ascendant.

***EDIT: this was long ago when I made this post and since realized that we have some other things going on with his moon...****

Looking deeper now...

Last edited:

Amy Vir Sn Ari Mn Pis Ris

Yes but since Aquarius is ruled (traditionally) by Saturn then we'd need to know the condition of his Saturn placement.

The 4 people I know with Aquarius moons are detached from their Mothers. One has both Venus and Mars in Cancer. Another is a Cancer sun. So, as usual, house placement, aspects and Saturn's health for those who believe in traditional astrology or Uranus for contemporary followers.

Prisma

Yes but since Aquarius is ruled (traditionally) by Saturn then we'd need to know the condition of his Saturn placement....
1) I have mostly known Uranus as ruler for Aquarius... Since the traditional astrology makes Saturn the ruler of Aqua., what does it mean then for me? --->I have Saturn in the 10th, in Gemini. My Moon is in the 6th, conjuct Jupiter in the 5th.

The 4 people I know with Aquarius moons are detached from their Mothers...

Well... count the 5th one! Sun Cancer/Virgo asc./Moon in Aqua. in the 6th. 5th hose ruled by Capricorn, Venus in leo, in the 12th.

I love her, I have tried to be a good daughter, but my family has always been with some drama/caos. I do not doubt she loves me, but one of the message that I got about motherhood from her (or the way I interpreted, I think), was that it was a burden. She was a physically abused child, and she also hit us too. So there, one of the reasons why I married and had children kind of late in life.

Yes, she was a "different mom": Strong, not submissive, kind of an artist (handcraft, sewing, etc). Kind of a psychic too.

The most joyful time of my life was when I went to college, far from all home troubles. Even now, with my recent pregnancy, I had to choose between her and my child, she had a lot of problems, I tried to help, and ended up putting my pregnancy at risk. So I have had to learn that some relationships must be taken care of from afar, or they drag you down and then you can not help anyone.

Last edited:

Ixaee

1) I have mostly known Uranus as ruler for Aquarius... Since the traditionall astrology makes Saturn the ruler of Aqua., what does it mean then for me? --->I have Saturn in the 10th, in Gemini.

Saturn in 10th house of Mother could explain the "burden" feeling you get from and about your mother also..

Im sorry to hear of your difficulties.. my relationship with my own mom is very similar! :sad:

Last edited:
As another Aqua moon with Pluto touch I can say that emotions are interesting and that I respect them in all the people out there.

I do like the ego-trips on how cool I am as all the other Aquas do:)

Until pluto comes in, he teaches me to slow down, look closer, examine better, step back and be really tolerant.
Don't judge the emotional side of pisces and cancers - they may not be good at managing the circus but they are both closer to the true human spirit.
An aquarian is supposed to be "humanity's hopes and wishes". How can he be this if he is an emotionless robot? I think the true Aquas out there seem to rationalize feelings but in reality they just accept emotions as they are and respect and tolerate them in others.