Why do people never write about the outcome?

insania

Hi!

I was reading through some old threads to learn more about horary but it is really frustrating to see how many people don't bother to write about the outcome of their questions.

I think it is kind of ungrateful when you consider how many people (Dr. Farr, bobz., Aquarius etc) give some good answers and try to help.

Last edited:

Just Jen

I feel the same way. It's annoying for me to see the time some members put into replying and then..... the OP vanishes as soon as they have the info they wanted, sometimes without so much as a thanks.

wintersprite1

Premium Member
Often when a horary question is formed it is a critical moment in the poster's life and why often the results are on the negative side. I suspect that distancing ones self is normal when pain is high. Other times the answer may not be immediately available. If the questions asked are open ended in time... it may take the end of the Earth to get to, to be able to say, yeah, that never happened. Example, my first Horary on here was about someone I had not spoken with in 20 some years. That was 6 years ago... and it is still unfolding, as there has been sporadic communication since then and I am sure will continue. Some asked are not considered by most Horarist as legitimate to answer, such as is he my soulmate or when will I find my soulmate, as it takes assuming that a philosophy is a truth and at one the poster can not reply to as there is no physical proof. I think most of this happens in the relationship horary section where emotional stakes are high and subjective. I have noticed a higher ratio of outcome information in the other types of questions.

TK

iwonder

I usually do post an update. I think it also has to do with one's interest in astrology. To me it is fascinating to see how things play out according to the chart, and I want to share. I think many people who post questions just want to have answers here and now.

dr. farr

I must say that many of our AW friends do post updates; usually those with only 1 or 2 or a few posts, wind up disappearing from the forum and not following through with outcomes.

Anachiel

If I may say, sometimes we (anyone - doing anything for someone - even a smile) are a simply bridge. It helps someone get to the next point, where someone else more versed or skilled may assist. Sometimes one's jouney is long with many bridges over many troubled waters.

Oracles abound, the Universe speaks all the time to all of us. But, we cannot always share the journal of experience immediately when riding the wild horse of neccessity out of town. lol

saturnsayshi

If I may say, sometimes we (anyone - doing anything for someone - even a smile) are a simply bridge. It helps someone get to the next point, where someone else more versed or skilled may assist. Sometimes one's jouney is long with many bridges over many troubled waters.

Oracles abound, the Universe speaks all the time to all of us. But, we cannot always share the journal of experience immediately when riding the wild horse of neccessity out of town. lol

LOL! That's so funny and beautifully perfect, Anachiel. I hope someday I have that kind of practical grace.

Hmm, for outcomes we could concentrate on the missing objects and that.

Yes, I'm afraid that some of these people ended up finding their cell phones in their couch cushions and were too embarrassed to say so. :biggrin:

I must say that many of our AW friends do post updates; usually those with only 1 or 2 or a few posts, wind up disappearing from the forum and not following through with outcomes.

That's a very fair observation, dr. farr. I'm starting to see that people can be drawn here very briefly for something specific and then sort of bail out. Regular posters are much more thoughtful. :cool:

virgo18

Hi!

I was reading through some old threads to learn more about horary but it is really frustrating to see how many people don't bother to write about the outcome of their questions.

I think it is kind of ungrateful when you consider how many people (Dr. Farr, bobz., Aquarius etc) give some good answers and try to help.

Because people constantly ask when they are feeling insecure and desperate rather that when they are calmed or neutral. So when they hear what they want to hear just turn around and never return to write an update because they got the answer they wanted to. By the other hand, when they don't hear what they want, they just get even more frustrated or depressed so they are not interested in write an update for the users who helped them. Its kind of bad manners, I think people has to write about updates or outcome of their questions for respect toward people who take their time to help them for free.

Regarding to this:
Its also very lame to see people who only enter to the forum for free readings without helping in other users threads or without learning astrology in a deep way. I think that people who doesn't know anything about astrology and subscribe for free readings are abusing at a big way. If they want a free reading they must know astrology and help other users with an astrological introduction of what they are asking for. Im not saying horary, Vedic, predictive or that branches which are more advanced... but at least they must know about the basics of a natal chart. This is a forum for astrologers or amateur astrologers... not for free readings and then never return until they want to make a new question.

But I know that the forum can't control this. Moderators cannot go banning users who only make questions without knowing about the subject. However, other members who know more about astrology are not obligated to answer those threads of people who are not interested in astrology, and only their own questions.

Last edited:

virgo18

Some of us talk too much, but don't ask questions. I don't see a problem with having some that only ask questions and don't talk more. We need them when we want to practice. They are our laboratory mice. :sideways:

Well this makes sense I never thought about this:lol:

R.J.

Banned
Hi!

Hello Insania:

As someone who, each year, gives away literally hundreds of dollars in PRO BONO advice on astrology forums, around the world, I think that the answer to your question is that people are sometimes AFRAID of hearing the truth about horary answers to their question of the moment ?

They would rather not respond, then face the music or the stark reality that, whatever they are looking for, they will probably not get...

It shows rudeness and immaturity to not respond to a horary post, or ANY post for that matter.

Maybe the new owners of this site, instead of blatantly censoring the posts of others, can also address this issue by writing a disclosure to the effect:

If you are going to ask a horary question, please try to answer your mail within 48 hours, or indicate that you are busy...or away from their desk...

As a matter of fact, maybe Radu (or whoever owns this site) can install automation email software in everyone's account that tells readers the person is either busy or away from their desk...

That way, readers (and the pro bono astrologers who give free advice?) are not left hanging....by essentially rude or scattered people...!

just my two cents....

R.J. Smith

Munch

Often when a horary question is formed it is a critical moment in the poster's life and why often the results are on the negative side. I suspect that distancing ones self is normal when pain is high. Other times the answer may not be immediately available. If the questions asked are open ended in time... it may take the end of the Earth to get to, to be able to say, yeah, that never happened. Example, my first Horary on here was about someone I had not spoken with in 20 some years. That was 6 years ago... and it is still unfolding, as there has been sporadic communication since then and I am sure will continue. Some asked are not considered by most Horarist as legitimate to answer, such as is he my soulmate or when will I find my soulmate, as it takes assuming that a philosophy is a truth and at one the poster can not reply to as there is no physical proof. I think most of this happens in the relationship horary section where emotional stakes are high and subjective. I have noticed a higher ratio of outcome information in the other types of questions.

TK

I agree. I asked Bob a horary question about my job and it looked like he got the answer right, but there was a delay indicated which has yet to manifest itself yet, so I still don't know and thus haven't commented again on it.

This is a little different than natal astrology where a person can determine rather quickly if what they are learning is accurate or not.