Is this Yod energising or blocked?

Kernowerno

I have a Yod between Sun sextile Jupiter quincunx Neptune/Moon. Would this be considered a blocked Yod, or an energising one?

Attachments

• kernowerno.jpg
    kernowerno.jpg
    203.2 KB · Views: 43

StillOne

I've never heard of a Yod as energizing or blocking. I think one can generally tend to try and ignore the energies of the Yod until later in life (at least until 30 and sometimes much later). However, I do think the energies are always there but tend to manifest in subtle undercurrents that tend to become irritating to the native over time until the direction of the Yod is explored: the notorious fork in the road.

I suppose I can see how a Yod could be described as blocking in that the quincunx aspects make the apex planet difficult to understand and relate to. So in that sense, before the Yod is fully recognized, I can see there being a blocking sensation there as there can exist a frustration involving the houses of the Yod and what is required of the native.

I think the Neptune tipped Yod is one, if not the most, challenging of Yods. Maybe you'd care to explain what you think yours means? It seems quite intense since it involves your Sun and Jupiter as well as the IC.

Last edited:

Krewster

No one I know is giving 2.3x-ish loose orb allowance for a 150 aspect so the Moon-Jup aspect is a loose tri-septile.

That leaves only the Sun, as a personal planet participating in your Yod, so perhaps the simplest way in is to ask whether your 2 min tight Sun 60 Jup is somehow impaired by the looser Sun 150 Nept.

mdinaz

Yods are neither blocking or energizing. They're irritating until you learn how to use the energy, which then you can translate to all areas of your life, not just the area where the Yod was originally irritating. Even once you learn to adapt, you still have to make effort to use it to benefit or it just continues to irritate or get in the way.

Kernowerno

....I think the Neptune tipped Yod is one, if not the most, challenging of Yods. Maybe you'd care to explain what you think yours means? It seems quite intense since it involves your Sun and Jupiter as well as the IC.

I had very challenging relationships in my youth, particularly with my mother and father, which I believe led to the development of an 'addictive' personality disorder, and I started smoking at a very young age (10) and then smoking cannabis at 16. Escapism seems to have been a hallmark of my life, with music blurring the lines between a useful approach (I've always been very musical and creative, playing drums and percussion at an early age, learning guitars, producing electronic dance music, graphics, painting, drawing etc) and an escapist one, which led to another journey into the underworld of drugs, all night raves etc. I suppose the irritation element is that I wasn't able to harness the creative energies productively, sabotaging my own efforts, wasting a lot of energy being hedonistic, when I might have been better off working hard to realise my creative ambitions. I've since straightened out and am seriously beginning to think about pursuing painting and music as a realistic path to self realisation. Funny, saying this now seems to make more sense than ever before, and the fact that you've all mentioned that it's frustrating until it's harnessed properly has really hit home. Thanks for that, hope this serves as a look into the Yod in some way.

StillOne

I had very challenging relationships in my youth, particularly with my mother and father, which I believe led to the development of an 'addictive' personality disorder, and I started smoking at a very young age (10) and then smoking cannabis at 16. Escapism seems to have been a hallmark of my life, with music blurring the lines between a useful approach (I've always been very musical and creative, playing drums and percussion at an early age, learning guitars, producing electronic dance music, graphics, painting, drawing etc) and an escapist one, which led to another journey into the underworld of drugs, all night raves etc. I suppose the irritation element is that I wasn't able to harness the creative energies productively, sabotaging my own efforts, wasting a lot of energy being hedonistic, when I might have been better off working hard to realise my creative ambitions. I've since straightened out and am seriously beginning to think about pursuing painting and music as a realistic path to self realisation. Funny, saying this now seems to make more sense than ever before, and the fact that you've all mentioned that it's frustrating until it's harnessed properly has really hit home. Thanks for that, hope this serves as a look into the Yod in some way.

Like Mdinaz says, the irritation element is consistent with Yods. I'm not sure if it can be avoided even if you fully realize the Yod. However, I know from experience that, when one engages in the direction of the Yod it is as if a lot can be accomplished without tiring easily. You tap into flow and time flies by without you realizing. That's when the irritation of the Yod is "appeased". Although, this may be a brief period, as we all need to eat and sleep as well as other things.

I wouldn't beat yourself up too much about having "wasted" a lot of time. A lot of that experience is banked and later drawn upon with the Yod. Also, with Yods, sometimes life is a bit more linear. I say this as I also reflect on my own life, thinking I have "wasted" a lot of time and being 10 years younger than you with a Neptune tipped Yod as well… I've been contemplating that very topic lately and it's not an easy subject. I think with Yods our lives unfold in a more fated manner… this is why the Yod is also known as the Finger of Fate.

The interesting thing here is that you've had quite a few transits recently to the Yod. Saturn has been transiting the Apex and Uranus has been conjunct Jupiter. Furthermore, Jupiter has been conjunct your NN and Pluto is transiting House 5 asking you to transform the way you approach creativity among other House 5 topics. Maybe this has provided the impetus to seek further insight here. So I think your realization about where you need to move with your art is spot on.

With a Neptune tipped Yod, a spiritual direction is a must and that's what you were trying to find when you were younger. From your earlier days of exploration, you know that there exists a higher state of being but the key is to be able to achieve it without the mind altering substances. According to Satyananda Yoga, Music is one of the highest forms of Bhakti.

Last edited:

Krewster

On the Yod, my above question remains begging for an answer: is the 2 min-orbed Sun 60 Jup over-ridden by the 28 min orbed Sun 150 Nept...? (or are you at least independently wealthy or otherwise lucky despite the professed lack of talent harnassing towards a reality-direction).
My younger bro has a Sun-apexed Yod with Jup and Pluto below and his adulthood rejection of cities, office-life etc, has him burning now in his penniless ‘50’s (despite great talent and IQ).
As for your mentioned talent-oriented behavior/experiences, Mars/Uran quintile Moon/Nept is surely as energistically creative as anyone would want (not to mention Ven decile Jup).

Kernowerno

On the Yod, my above question remains begging for an answer: is the 2 min-orbed Sun 60 Jup over-ridden by the 28 min orbed Sun 150 Nept...? (or are you at least independently wealthy or otherwise lucky despite the professed lack of talent harnassing towards a reality-direction).
My younger bro has a Sun-apexed Yod with Jup and Pluto below and his adulthood rejection of cities, office-life etc, has him burning now in his penniless ‘50’s (despite great talent and IQ).
As for your mentioned talent-oriented behavior/experiences, Mars/Uran quintile Moon/Nept is surely as energistically creative as anyone would want (not to mention Ven decile Jup).
Krewster, in response to your question, I, like your brother, am not independently wealthy. I too am 'burning panniless in my fifties' as you so succinctly put it :). The other response above may point to some degree as to why that is, but only partly. My strong Neptune nature has led to my always being very aware of a spiritual reality, even as a child, which led to a quite 'serious' demeanour underlying a deep soul-searching trait. Finance, career, mortgages, even the game of 'monopoly' always went over my head. I felt absolutely no affinity for those practical affairs, forfeiting any efforts in those directions for a largely 'fantastic' inner world populated by art, music, drama etc, sometimes feeling like illusions of grandeur. I became painfully conscious of my need for fame, recognition, and even the affiliated acquisition of wealth that might accompany such recognition and fame, and felt somehow embarrassed and 'guilty' for having such apparently shallow ambitions. I reacted by playing down my talents and, as I said, escaping through drugs etc. I've wondered at times whether avoiding the 'hard work', responsibilities and 'fear of rejection' has led to my not manning up and putting myself out there. I hope this gives you a little more insight and a possible pointer to the answer to your question. I would like to know what you conclude. Thanks for your interest and your sound questioning.

Kernowerno

....With a Neptune tipped Yod, a spiritual direction is a must and that's what you were trying to find when you were younger. From your earlier days of exploration, you know that there exists a higher state of being but the key is to be able to achieve it without the mind altering substances. According to Satyananda Yoga, Music is one of the highest forms of Bhakti.

Thanks for your input StillOne, which is very perceptive. Curiously I met a woman in my 21st year when I arrived in London, much older than I, with whom I had a 3 year life-changing - and in my view, clearly karmic if ever there was one - relationship. She introduced me to the astrology class she was attending, but more importantly, to a Spiritual Science movement known as Anthroposophy (Rudolf Steiner), which seemed to be the perfect match to my soul-searching. She is a painter, and encouraged me to paint using the methods recommended by anthroposophy. I didn't stop using cannabis or the occasional hallucinogens, but became vaguely aware that they may inhibit my spiritual progress, but I was happy, took a job as librarian in the society and read as much as I could regarding the workings of the spiritual worlds, while continuing to grow creatively as well. I've never been able to pursue the real nitty gritties of anthroposophy ie meditation designed to develop the latent organs of clairvoyance and 'channelling', largely because I find meditation nigh-on impossible (Gemini restlessness, Uranian nervousness???). I mention these things because I feel they may be facts that can be correlated with the chart by astrologers looking for case studies, I hope it doesn't come across as self-indulgent. Thanks again, great responses.

hypatia

I could regarding the workings of the spiritual worlds, while continuing to grow creatively as well. I've never been able to pursue the real nitty gritties of anthroposophy ie meditation designed to develop the latent organs of clairvoyance and 'channelling'

are you interested in teaching a Steiner school at all?
There are lots of Steiner schools who would love a talented musician and artist and actor with an understanding of anthroposophy.
And as you don't 'teach' anthroposophy (Steiner always said not to teach it), you don't have to have excelled in anthroposophy to be a teacher - just have an understanding of it.
Or given your talents plus your knowledge of Anthroposophy - you could teach the up-coming teachers

Krewster

Hmmm, somewhat disturbing that your behavior/experiences do not evidence a 2 min tight Sun 60 Jup’s expected ability to counter-balance your Sun’s four or five other mostly minor and looser-orbed challenging aspects. Perhaps the Sun 60 Jup has been more about having endless socializing luck...(would you say)...? e.g., have you always been able to get into the cool group (define to taste) or...?
My young daughter has the Sun 150 Nept double loose-orbed than yours and also little aspectual support for the Sun, so I’m following this closely...;)
About manning up (not now, but in the past a la embracing a boring but stable career type thing), it will be important to not yield too much to the Merc 90 Sat type thinking patterns (so easy for a Sat-by-hindsight to judge Nept’s non-supportive influence on a personal planet isn’t it).

Kernowerno

Hmmm, somewhat disturbing that your behavior/experiences do not evidence a 2 min tight Sun 60 Jup’s expected ability to counter-balance your Sun’s four or five other mostly minor and looser-orbed challenging aspects. Perhaps the Sun 60 Jup has been more about having endless socializing luck...(would you say)...? e.g., have you always been able to get into the cool group (define to taste) or...?
Yes Krewster, absolutely! I seem to have always 'fallen in' with the creative, counter-culture, 'arty' 'hippy' scene incredibly easily, to the point of almost knowing it was 'meant to be', because there would somehow always be people I'd meet and click with wherever I went - & begin meaningful relationships with - and I travelled extensively (within the UK) and met many, many people from all walks, so your assessment would be borne out I think. To back this up, the woman I met within a month of immigrating to the UK, who was much older than I, lived in a counter-culture community in the heart of a borough that was considered the 'creative melting-pot of London', who's son was the person I was introduced to for a cannabis supplier (and with who I became very friendly, also a musician) :whistling:, maybe 'too much info' there, but those sorts of situations have peppered my entire life so far. See my new thread 'Karmic meeting, or just coincidence' if you're curious about the latest instalment of what I believe to be a similar thing, maybe you could help to clarify. Your assessments are very close to the mark and very enlightening.

About manning up (not now, but in the past a la embracing a boring but stable career type thing), it will be important to not yield too much to the Merc 90 Sat type thinking patterns (so easy for a Sat-by-hindsight to judge Nept’s non-supportive influence on a personal planet isn’t it).
Regarding this element, I've always had a strong tendency to 'look back' and be very hard on myself, something I still have to deal with. I've always felt like I've been at odds with myself in this respect, and although I was made aware of the tendency to be 'my own worst enemy', thanks to my astrological 'studies', I've only in recent years begun to really try to address the issue with conscious thinking and being 'nice to myself' instead. So again, you're right on the money. Regarding your young daughter, I would keep a good eye on it, but with someone like yourself at the helm I'm sure she'll be just fine :cool: Thanks for your time Krewster, very insightful.

Last edited:

Kernowerno

are you interested in teaching a Steiner school at all?
There are lots of Steiner schools who would love a talented musician and artist and actor with an understanding of anthroposophy.
And as you don't 'teach' anthroposophy (Steiner always said not to teach it), you don't have to have excelled in anthroposophy to be a teacher - just have an understanding of it.
Or given your talents plus your knowledge of Anthroposophy - you could teach the up-coming teachers

Hi hypatia, that's a very interesting proposition, and something I once did consider an option, and will never exclude as a potential (I met many wonderful young teacher trainees when working at Steiner House in London for a year, they were a real groovy bunch), but I live in a very remote part of the UK now and somehow don't see it on the horizon. I may be off the mark with this, but I get the feeling that my affiliations with anthroposophy are very much 'exploratory' in this life, with the possibility of a more strongly felt association in future incarnations. I feel I may have a certain amount of 'karma to clear' before I'm in a position to really - and safely - dig in to what anthroposophy will become for the future of humankind. We'll see :smile:

Kernowerno

The interesting thing here is that you've had quite a few transits recently to the Yod. Saturn has been transiting the Apex and Uranus has been conjunct Jupiter. Furthermore, Jupiter has been conjunct your NN and Pluto is transiting House 5 asking you to transform the way you approach creativity among other House 5 topics. Maybe this has provided the impetus to seek further insight here. So I think your realization about where you need to move with your art is spot on. .....

Thanks StillOne, these transits are interesting, and maybe you can help shed a bit of light on a few things if you care to. As I pointed out in my intro, I've had many years away from astrology, a conscious decision to embrace a more spontaneous approach as I was becoming a little too subjected to following transits and not living, what I perceived to be, an 'unfettered life with free choice' so to speak. A recent meeting in my life led to the re-introduction of astrology, hooking up with 'Astrologer's Community' etc - and glad of it too. Regarding this, I've just posted a new thread title 'Karmic meeting, or just coincidence?' that you might find interesting, especially in light of your comment "... among other 5th house topics...". I am in the middle of going through what seems like a major life-changing situation, both within and externally, but this recent occurrence has left me bewildered and somewhat at a loss. Hopefully you're able to provide some helpful insight :unsure:

Last edited:

hypatia

I get the feeling that my affiliations with anthroposophy are very much 'exploratory' in this life, with the possibility of a more strongly felt association in future incarnations. I feel I may have a certain amount of 'karma to clear' before I'm in a position to really - and safely - dig in to what anthroposophy will become for the future of humankind. We'll see :smile:

good on you for being so self-aware Kernowerno...
I think I'm possibly coming from the opposite direction - my involvement in the school is helping me to understand people, and then next life I might actually start to get some 'real' understanding of Anthroposophy ;)
In the mean time, I enjoy the creative lessons with the students.

I have enjoyed reading your post - I have learnt a lot about the Yod through reading of your experiences with this.

Krewster

Oooooo, I love hanging out with people “like you” (riding on the coat-tails of your ability to get any chance encounter kick-started). Nice to see how such a tight-orbed Sun 60 Jup can manifest.
Give me a shout next time you’re mingling with the expats in the eastern hemisphere...

Kernowerno

Oooooo, I love hanging out with people “like you” (riding on the coat-tails of your ability to get any chance encounter kick-started). Nice to see how such a tight-orbed Sun 60 Jup can manifest.

I'm not sure I understand what you mean Krewster, care to elaborate? I read somewhere that Yod's can make people feel like things are more 'fated' than usual, which I can certainly agree with. I've never consciously ridden on the coat tails of the ability you describe, in fact I've always had issues with shyness (another reason drugs were so attractive, they helped me out of my shell), however there has always been a very strong sense of fate about my life, and the uncanny ability to 'land on my feet' when all around me chaos has ensued, which has been quite often. It's interesting, and new to me, that the Jupiter/Sun sextile tightly formed results in such incredible luck socially, or are you suggesting I exploit this ability with mercenary determination, consciously or unconsciously?

Krewster

It is me who wants to exploit your talent (just saying I enjoy hanging with friends who make friends with 3rd parties more easily than might I....;)

Kernowerno

It is me who wants to exploit your talent (just saying I enjoy hanging with friends who make friends with 3rd parties more easily than might I....;)

Ha ha You might think twice about that if you've met some of the people I've been affiliated with :innocent: ;) Thanks for your input Krewster, I hope I get to lean on you again in future, you clearly know your stuff & I'll enjoy learning from you I'm sure