Pluto conj Libra Asc- averse to beauty??

bobsue

Though this post is old and seems to have devolved into a pissing contest, I thought I'd chime in since I have pluto exactly conjunct my libra ascendant. Although I appreciate beauty and enjoy dressing up, for many years of my life I made a sort of semi-conscious effort to *not* 'do myself up' like other girls that seems to have been rooted in: 1) Not wanting to mislead guys into thinking I looked differently than I did (! you know how guys complain about the girl they think is fine but then looks like a dog without makeup); and 2) Not wanting to attract a guy (and believe that he liked me) who didn't really like ME and how I really looked. So maybe it has to do with just wanting to be real, and only attract real things.

I bet you can guess how that turned out. lillybelle knows of which she speaks. So now I just don't even **** with people on that level. I 'do myself up' because it is a fun, girly thing to do. But you can best believe these shallow men who are so easily and obviously swayed by the most trivial superficialities like clothes, makeup, fake everything, are nowhere on my radar. People are ridiculous. Those things don't have anything to do with a person's soul or value or inherent character, or their place in your life. They can be bought on a credit card (you don't even have to have real money), and they can be gone as soon as the credit runs out. Librascorpion knows of what she speaks as well.

PlutoLibScoAsc

Hi... resurrecting an old post because I thought I should contribute to this thread because I am a pluto conjunct libra Asc at 29 degree in 1st house... so yeah, my thinking is similar to what Librascorpio91 and Bobsue had said. I think putting on make up will only attract people that are into my looks and not my character nor my personality. I want a man that like me for me and love me for who I really am. I don't want to attract man that only goes for looks because I believe relationship like this wouldn't last. I do dress up and make up nicely if I am bored or in the mood. I really like clothes that are comfy, when I was young I wear my beggars clothes because these are the most comfy. Sometimes I even wear it going out (those that doesn't have big holes), my mom say I look like beggar and I don't care much about what she said at that time. Now, being an adult I don't care much too but I wouldn't wear my beggar clothes out. When the holes got way too big I throw them away, lol. Nowadays, I do wear some faded color T-shirt going out, if my husband comments on my clothings, we don't argue but I will questions him and give him slightly a hard time. In conclusion, I will only put on make up and wear pretty dress when I am in the mood of having girly fun and some self-confident I guess.

Hkk

Account Closed
I find Libra risings are generally beautiful, and people with Pluto on the Asc tend to be quite sexy. So one would think that a combo of these 2 would incline someone to be extremely attractive.

However I have found this to be quite the opposite in the charts of 3 women I know with Pluto conjunct Libra rising. All 3 seem to put no effort at all into their appearance. They have all told me that looks don't matter to them. One of them lives in the same two tattered sweaters she wore 18 years ago. I would even go so far as to say that all 3 women almost make an effort to appear unattractive. Yet they are all very appreciative of other peoples beauty, but always neglect their own.

I'm trying to figure out why this would be...possibly Pluto is so interested in depth and integrity that it finds looks shallow and superficial (which of course by definition, they are, however there is no denying that they do, unfortunately matter). I suppose there may also be a fear of beauty, a feeling that it takes away from their credibility as a person. Can anyone else suggest possibilities as to why Pluto conjunct a Libra Asc would incline someone to be averse to their own beauty?

I’m female libra rising with Pluto Saturn Jupiter. I’m attractive and sexy. I see it and I’m told this. However when I was younger I was scared to beautify myself eg makeup hair. Up until the age of 27 I was the ‘ugly ducking’. Well this is what I thought of myself. Then after that there was thus anger in me that thought why can’t I beautify myself. Why can’t I make extra effort and so I did. I’m addicted to makeup, taking care of myself mind body soul. Don’t get me wrong I wasn’t scruffy before 27. I very much made sure my hair wasn’t out of place and my clothes were smart but I wasn’t showing my sexiness which I hid. I don’t know why i did this. In a funny way I think I was feeling that maybe it would be too much for the world and I would ruin myself in some way. Sounds crazy

Hkk

Account Closed
What’s also crazy is the knowledge of power that beauty can hold. Then also comes frustration when your power gets watered down. Such is superficial power 🤷🏻*♀️👿

Hkk

Account Closed
I dont think pluto is associated with beauty. Libra is but not pluto. Pluto is known for being sexy though. Pluto is a higher octave of mars. Mars, as a god, was known to walk around covered in blood and guts. He was so ugly and nasty that only venus would have anything to do with him. I wouldn't expect beauty out of someone with pluto on the ascendent, though I'm not ruling out the possibilty.

I disagree with this. You could take the most beautiful woman in the world, and she's not going to look good if she runs around in sweat pants and baggy t-shirts with her hair in a pony tail. Ok, Kate Moss might be able to pull if off to some small degree, but 99% of the population won't look good unless they take care of their appearence. I've never met a woman who didn't care about her appearance, and I've never met a woman that someone wouldn't find attractive. Beauty is definately something that can be enhanced with makeup, clothing and a good heart. It is good for young women to know that beauty is not some foreign thing that only a few lucky people get. We're all beautiful in someones eyes.

Knowing how to make the best of your looks is a very libran trait. Librans know how to create beauty even if they don't have a natural abundance of it. They know how to work it. Humans, in general, make the best of their looks to attract a partner. It's primal stuff. It's not so superficial at all. It can be superficial if taken too far, but the basic desire to look good to find a partner to reproduce with is pretty instinctual.

I agree with this being libra rising. When I make extra extra effort I know how to look GOOD 👀 and get attention if I need to eg meetings interviews etc. Someone I want to impress example

PlutoLibScoAsc

And btw, I want to add that I did purposely make myself less attractive to repel sex predators, to not attract flies, to not attract bad guys.

Hkk

Account Closed
And btw, I want to add that I did purposely make myself less attractive to repel sex predators, to not attract flies, to not attract bad guys.

I get that maybe that’s what I was doing but I wasn’t feeling like Me. It was making miserable but now I’m happy enjoying the dressing up and makeup etc x

PlutoLibScoAsc

Hkk, is good that you enjoy it. Is good to do something that makes you happy.
Everyday I go to work completely without make up, is so liberating. I do admire those people that are willing to wake up every morning earlier just to make up and go to work. What I admire here is their quality of determination to look pretty and consistency of doing it every single day. These are mental strength put into actions. At the very same time, the quality that I do not like is if they've bad intention of using the power of beauty to unconsciously sway people to liking them and side on their ideas to gain more votes etc. For me, I just don't like people making appearance so much of a big deal. I do appreciate appreciate beauty and understand is human nature. I was in the 3D art field in the past but not anymore. When my best friend need my help, I do make up on them for free.

Just to help people understand this aspect more, I guess I should share some life experience that I think is due to this aspect 'Pluto conjunct Libra Asc' in 1st house and I have to add that I have lilith in pisces, nessus conjunct venus too which I believe have also contributed to have happened to me... So here: I have been told I am cute, pretty, beautiful, sexy, fat and ugly too. I have been hurt in many ways concerning beauty... So some of the life experiences: 1)I was selected 2nd place in the beauty contest in my primary school (No make up, we're around 9 year old) (I don't know why teacher make such stupid contest. When it comes to selection, my group pointed and pushed me out). 2)I was almost raped when I was 9, I manage to run away. 3)I was a victim of molestation. 4)My sister doesn't want to be close with me and one day she told me, people can be jealous of me. 5)My bestfriend like a guy but the guy likes me, I did not date the guy but my bestfriend still left me, she comes back after a year but we are distanced since then... 6)A random stranger teen boy rode his bicycle next to me and touches my face(no make up) and then run away. At that time, my bestfriend were with me... Later, in some letter exchanges she told me she was jealous of me. 7)The brother that bullies me and I hate him, one day after I put on make up, he comes to me so near that he stared at my eyes so closely and touches my eyelashes and say my eyes is so beautiful and asked did I put on fake lashes. Quietly, me really loathe at what kind of person he is....
These are just some stories... so because of these experiences may be I hate looking good myself but at the same time I appreciate beautiful things and make things beautiful. I like anything beautiful too, it is human nature but is important for people to look beyond that and see more importantly what is beautiful on the inside of a person.

Last edited:

Hkk

Account Closed
Sounds like you have horrible ppl around you and your so mixed up in it all your blaming yourself. Remove yourself from these ppl and live YOUR life. Your best life. Your best friend is insecure and needs to still grow enough to not care if ppl like u and love herself. Your past that. She’s not for you. She’s not a friend. Never mind best. Your better than that. You will have new friends on your wave length who don’t care if your hot. Your brother is a fool and a coward. If you live with him kick him out or you move. Do u live with parents? Why don’t they say stop this. Your sister is the same. Remove yourself from her too. You need to live a better life surrounded by supporters not haters. My motto: **** the haters! Anyway your beautiful and makeup enhances it so do what you want. I know you have been thru hard times as you described molested etc which I awful and should be reported. I know what you mean about liberated with no makeup which Is good but don’t stop wearing it due to what happened to you. Fight back. Good luck to you my friend 😊

PlutoLibScoAsc

Thank you, Hkk.
My eldest brother is my mom's first child so he is the most beloved. When my elder bro violently beat me and my younger brother and we reported to mom. Mom only somewhat scolded him. She couldn't lay a hand on her most beloved first child and really spoiled him. Today, she seems regretted though.
I have removed many people in my life (those that hurt me and don't appreciate me) and now I am living like what people says Pluto first house people are mostly lonely people... may be not all but my pluto is exactly conjunct my Asc so may be that is why I am so lonely... I only have my husband as my friend... but he doesn't talk much so my communicative moon in gemini is sad...

Hkk

Account Closed
Is this a cultural thing? You from India? I know it friends on family but some families still have this backward mentality about the dons and men in general. Get away from all of it. Respect yourself. Never mind loneliness. Go out have fun etc💓. Your brother should be reported. Don’t blame yourself for people’s ignorance and mentality. Grow stronger from this! If your a good person be proud of this and your not like them. If you believe in yourself you will meet loving ppl who support you. Communication is key. Tell your husband how u feel. If he truly loves you he will communicate with you. Only you can fix the loneliness by being around ppl loving nice ppl and spend time alone loving yourself. Eg spa days alone or bubble baths etc🥰

wilsontc

Staff member
back to astrology, to All

All,

Please get back to astrology. I'm going to leave the non-astrological comments but future comments should link back to astrology in SOME way. This is NOT a Forum for making general psychological advice pulled out of the air: it IS a place for discussing astrological charts and what they mean.

Back to astrology,

Tim

Hkk

Account Closed
It’s not ‘general’ or ‘pulled out the air’. It’s from my HEART ❣ However rules are rules so I won’t reply without linking it to astrology 👍😇

PlutoLibScoAsc

All,

Please get back to astrology. I'm going to leave the non-astrological comments but future comments should link back to astrology in SOME way. This is NOT a Forum for making general psychological advice pulled out of the air: it IS a place for discussing astrological charts and what they mean.

Back to astrology,

Tim

Sorry & ok. Noted.

moonkat235

Hkk, is good that you enjoy it. Is good to do something that makes you happy.
Everyday I go to work completely without make up, is so liberating. I do admire those people that are willing to wake up every morning earlier just to make up and go to work. What I admire here is their quality of determination to look pretty and consistency of doing it every single day. These are mental strength put into actions. At the very same time, the quality that I do not like is if they've bad intention of using the power of beauty to unconsciously sway people to liking them and side on their ideas to gain more votes etc. For me, I just don't like people making appearance so much of a big deal. I do appreciate appreciate beauty and understand is human nature. I was in the 3D art field in the past but not anymore. When my best friend need my help, I do make up on them for free.

Just to help people understand this aspect more, I guess I should share some life experience that I think is due to this aspect... I have been told I am cute, pretty, beautiful, sexy, fat and ugly too. I have been hurt in many ways concerning beauty... So some of the life experiences: 1)I was selected 2nd place in the beauty contest in my primary school (No make up, we're around 9 year old) (I don't know why teacher make such stupid contest. When it comes to selection, my group pointed and pushed me out). 2)I was almost raped when I was 9, I manage to run away. 3)I was a victim of molestation. 4)My sister doesn't want to be close with me and one day she told me, people can be jealous of me. 5)My bestfriend like a guy but the guy likes me, I did not date the guy but my bestfriend still left me, she comes back after a year but we are distanced since then... 6)A random stranger teen boy rode his bicycle next to me and touches my face(no make up) and then run away. At that time, my bestfriend were with me... Later, in some letter exchanges she told me she was jealous of me. 7)The brother that bullies me and I hate him, one day after I put on make up, he comes to me so near that he stared at my eyes so closely and touches my eyelashes and say my eyes is so beautiful and asked did I put on fake lashes. Quietly, me really loathe at what kind of person he is....
These are just some stories... so because of these experiences may be I hate looking good myself but at the same time I appreciate beautiful things and make things beautiful. I like anything beautiful too, it is human nature but is important for people to look beyond that and see more importantly what is beautiful on the inside of a person.

I really identify with this. Thank you for sharing these experiences. I struggle with self-esteem and body image as well. It's kinda strange... I mean I have similar experiences but I don't have a Libra AC with Pluto conjunct.

Last edited:

Hkk

Account Closed
I really identify with this. Thank you for sharing these experiences. I struggle with self-esteem and body image as well. It's kinda strange... I mean I have similar experiences but I don't have a Libra AC with Pluto conjunct.

What do you have moonkat? It breaks me heart to read this about ppl as I never used to be confident as I am now. And to think back I know how it feels x😍

pinkseashells

I found this thread because I have this placement, lol. I've been searching around because I understand Libra risings to have great style. I have Pluto in my first house and now I'm in my mid-30s I feel like I have a Virgo rising approach - classic simple clothes that all go together so I can focus on other things. I do care about my appearance but I don't want to stand out, I prefer to have a simple look but not frumpy. Minimal lines, great stitching, luxe but comfy fabrics, and nothing that gets in my way, so to speak. No frou frou. But that's just me. Oh and pants, I don't like how skirts fly up and make me feel exposed.