What is your most powerful sun aspect, moon aspect, and rising aspect?

conspiracy theorist

Well, the archetype for Aries is the warrior. But Aries people don’t act like warriors.

Do you think that this might be a one-sided way of viewing the energy? Not to say that your grievances have no validity, but it might serve you to do deeper study and research of the signs and how they are likely to manifest. A warrior can be a soldier, and that same spirit could be what an orphan uses to rise out of his terrible childhood to make a place for himself in the world. It's a little more nuanced than you seem to make it out to be.

AppLeo

Remember when I spoke to you regarding temperament analysis? That's one example. Lilly looks at manners and Petosiris linked you chapter 13 of tetrobiblos in a recent thread of yours. It's entitled qualities of the soul and also takes a similar approach to the aforementioned techniques.

Oh. Okay, I will look over that again.

I thought modern astrologers were the people that helped people understand personality not ancient or older astrologers.

Much confused.

Do you think that this might be a one-sided way of viewing the energy? Not to say that your grievances have no validity, but it might serve you to do deeper study and research of the signs and how they are likely to manifest. A warrior can be a soldier, and that same spirit could be what an orphan uses to rise out of his terrible childhood to make a place for himself in the world. It's a little more nuanced than you seem to make it out to be.

Well yes, that's how I've always thought about the zodiac signs. Like I'm a Leo and my archetype is the king. But my personality isn't kingly or overly animated like a Leo.

But I will agree that the Leo energy serves as kind of a lens to how I deal with life. But it just seems vague to me, and just not helpful.

Also, what is meant by Aries person?

A person with Sun, Moon, Rising and/or stellium in Aries.

conspiracy theorist

Well, now you know that modern astrologers didn't event the personality analysis wheel, and the more you read source material you'll understand just how much slinging of **** is being done between the modern and traditional camps. A lot of misconceptions being banded around as gospel truth, which loses its lustre once you take a look under the hood.

Last edited:

AppLeo

Well, now you know that modern astrologers didn't event the personality analysis wheel, and the more you read source material you'll understand just how much slinging of **** is being done between the modern and traditional camps. A lot of misconceptions being banded around as gospel truth, which loses its lustre once you take a look under the hood.

Okay wait, what do you think is the best way to use astrology to understand personality of people? Because modern astrology is nonsense.

Also, what books and astrologers would you recommend.

The resource on Lily provided by pesotiris?

conspiracy theorist

M8... do your own research and make up your own mind about Modern. Check back your thread that you started in recommendations and work up your modern astrological knowledge from there.

The resource that Petosiris provided comes from Ptolemy, not William Lilly.

What do I recommend? That's hard to answer because my astrological knowledge was based on compulsive consumption of every free resource I had available to me, discussions on forums and practical experience based on charts that I've read and what works. I followed no specific textbook or methodology to get where I am, but I eventually found a lot of efficacy in traditional methods.

It depends on what you want to focus on with your astrology and what kind of philosophy you think would underpin your astrological practice. Then I might be able to point you in a direction. I don't assume that everyone will or can take my approach.

I have textbook I can PM you related to traditional. It's not source material, but a treatment done by a practising astrologer who provides very solid and straightforward explanations regarding many of the conventions regarding trad practice. Learn from the book, but don't become married to it.

Last edited:

AppLeo

M8... do your own research and make up your own mind about Modern. Check back your thread that you started in recommendations and work up your modern astrological knowledge from there.

The resource that Petosiris provided comes from Ptolemy, not William Lilly.

What do I recommend? That's hard to answer because my astrological knowledge was based on compulsive consumption of every free resource I had available to me, discussions on forums and practical experience based on charts that I've read and what works. I followed no specific textbook or methodology to get where I am, but I eventually found a lot of efficacy in traditional methods.

It depends on what you want to focus on with your astrology and what kind of philosophy you think would underpin your astrological practice. Then I might be able to point you in a direction. I don't assume that everyone will or can take my approach.

I have textbook I can PM you related to traditional. It's not source material, but a treatment done by a practising astrologer who provides very solid and straightforward explanations regarding many of the conventions regarding trad practice. Learn from the book, but don't become married to it.

Alright alright... just gotta learn as a go. There is no ultimate answer at the end of the tunnel.

Thank you, CT.

Witchyone

Sun opposite NN
Moon inconjunct Mars
Ascendant square moon

Edit: I could have sworn this said to list your "most difficult" aspects so that's what I listed. Now I see it says most powerful. Whoops. Now my brain is tired of thinking about aspects.

Last edited:

GemwDepth

Account Closed
Sun opposite NN
Moon inconjunct Mars
Ascendant square moon

Edit: I could have sworn this said to list your "most difficult" aspects so that's what I listed. Now I see it says most powerful. Whoops. Now my brain is tired of thinking about aspects.

:joyful: More fun if you try to describe yourself only with the aspects you listed. But it seems the OP has lost interest.

Witchyone

:joyful: More fun if you try to describe yourself only with the aspects you listed. But it seems the OP has lost interest.

lol

Emotionally volatile and confused, in a constant state of emergency, and tasked with leaving behind all the techniques, knowledge, and abilities that come easily to me and that I identify with.

My most powerful positive aspects are probably:
Ascendant sextile Mars
Sun trine Uranus
Moon trine Uranus

OP didn't ask, but my Venus is happy too, despite sitting in the 12th. It's the only planet without harsh aspects.

GemwDepth

Account Closed
lol

Emotionally volatile and confused, in a constant state of emergency, and tasked with leaving behind all the techniques, knowledge, and abilities that come easily to me and that I identify with.

My most powerful positive aspects are probably:
Ascendant sextile Mars
Sun trine Uranus
Moon trine Uranus

OP didn't ask, but my Venus is happy too, despite sitting in the 12th. It's the only planet without harsh aspects.

Here's my most powerful aspects.

ASC conjunct Uranus
Sun unaspected
Moon conjunct Mercury

Hits people like a bolt of lightning, shocks with pizazz and electric energy. Then they figure out it's lost and bonkers, and secretly powered by a serious case of neurotic headcase-ness.

Description not serious :joyful:.

moonkat235

Ah the psychic is here!

Describe yourself creatively with the aspects?

Hahaha You flatter me hardcore.

Anyway, I'll start with the Neptune in Capricorn conjunct AC. How all of these aspects fit together is a little bit of mystery to me, but self-knowledge is probably my biggest curiosity/blind spot given these aspects.

The AC, being the way you come across to people upon first impression, in Capricorn makes me come across as serious, a workaholic/hard worker. I come across career-minded, but this is somewhat tempered by the Neptune conjunction, which indiciates others' easy projections onto me. What you see is not what you get.

I've heard it said that Cap rising is the most complex rising sign, as there are many layers to this person. Neptune makes me whatever you want me to be, to my benefit or detriment. Solidifying an identity plays a strong role in my life journey.

Maybe I am always dissatisfied with myself, or maybe I feel so mutable/adaptive that self-knowledge is elusive. The question, "who am I?" will haunt me throughout life. I am dreamy and elusive as well, a bit of a mystery to others.

I wouldn't consider myself physically beautiful, so much as my presence/energy is soulful and interesting to others. Labels never seem to stick/fit and tend to change rapidly. I prefer no labels as I am focused on transcending categorization, even though I crave self-definition.

moonkat235

For Moon conjunct Saturn, I am emotionally constipated. I have little if any emotional expression concerning highly charged and emotional situations. My friends say I'm good in a crisis, as I can separate personal negative feelings to get **** done.

My childhood kind of sucked, not gonna lie. There were a lot of challenges and a suicide attempt when I was 11. Then, I made my resolve not to take my own life and achieved a level of stability that actually acts as a blockage to my own development. I used to be a very anxious child, but now I can't feel any anxiety. This is negative and stops me from putting in effort into things I should really do, like finishing school.

I don't know how to adequately articulate my emotional state on this forum. I'm detached my emotions and look at them from a clinical or psychological perspective. I can talk about deep emotional suffering in a numb sort of way, however others still find me comforting. A lot of strangers and acquaintances tell me tales of their own suffering and cry to me about it and I offer support. I don't know what kind of vibes I'm putting out that people want to tell me their secrets, but it kind of brings me fulfillment.