Effeminate traits in a man

byjove

Account Closed
Well 33 years is nothing compared to 2,500 years of testing and resulting from the others! However, if you're confident in Chiron, you're surely the best person for me to learn a little from! If you're free for few mins, PM me and we could maybe take a stroll to the chat room. I honestly want to learn and have no intentions of arguing! Also, that way we could keep this thread on topic!

And as was touched on above, yes, I've read that Chiron-Venus contact can result in gender-bending (blurring of the lines).

byjove

Account Closed
I have another perspective to add to the mix...

different culture's perspectives of masculinity and femininity. Of course, this is really a scale of characteristics, which we consider to be 'feminine' or 'masculine'. I'm an Irish guy living in Italy at the moment, and the things I've seen here will change my understanding of this for life...

- my of my female friends here have said the guys shape their eyebrows better than the girls here
- body language which is (crudely, narrowly) associated with 'effeminate' men or gay men back home, is pretty standard here
- the male interest in fashion here, and the competence that follows is rarely seen in the society at home that I belong to. It is actually a totally different world here in Italy.

So I wonder do some of our ideas that we attach to people via natal aspects don't work very well because we carry the social conditioning of our home society, and we carry some social prejudices as such?

theV

Moon-Venus aspects
Sun-Venus aspects

Man with those aspect tend to be comfortable with their feminine side and don't mind being agreeable and charming. I have venus conjunct sun in virgo in the 2nd H square my moon conjunct jupiter in sag in the 5th H I am comfortable with Venusian things in life . Art and music ....etc

M

may28gemini

thank you very much, masterbuilder. you really hit a lot of homers in my book!!!!

i don't think astrology can give much window as far as people being "gay" "straight" or something "in-between." i don't think astrology can even show if a person is going to have a sex change or if they'll get their eyebrows perfectly waxed, or have a food allergy. astrology show the kind of energy and propensities you're born with so certain things could be easier for you, whereas, there's certain danger zones. nonetheless, a lot, if not most falls under free will and personal choices.

masculinity and feminism fall under social conditioning which changes over time depending on what the society deems "appropriate." society hasn't been sure about anything in the past 30 years or even longer. pretty much all my life i've been hearing about deconstructing everything and picking everything apart 1 by 1 and zeroing in that 1 particularity to be the problem or answer to the whole conundrum. life isn't simplified like that and neither are people. i don't quite understand why society has gotten to the point of obsessive nitpicking and wanting to label each and every single thing under the sun rather than just live and let live. the overwhelming necessity that people act out on is to compare and contrast themselves with what everyone else is doing and falling in line has become the utmost of priorities now.

but then again, it goes back to ambiguity and the uncertainty of what tomorrow brings and no one really wants to get left behind. as a society now, the way we live now, we've gotten comfortable about everything providing for us that we don't have to work hard to get anything anymore. there's a huge sense of self-entitlement to everything- being love, getting acceptance, having accolades, etc. without any actual hard work to earn any of it. it's like, why wait for someone to throw a party for me when i can throw one in my honor- that type of mentality is rampant. it's really sickening. because we're not busy working on anything of actual substance and have everything provided for, we have more time to ponder on useless topics that doesn't improve our lives in the very least- like who's gay and who's not. frankly, i don't care who's gay, who's having sex with who, who's in the closet, who's not doing what; all of that is completely irrelevant to me living my life.

this goes back to what was previous posted. my dad has libra mars and is taurus rising. my dad has 4 scorpio planet stellium in the 7th house which includes his venus. my dad's chart is mostly "feminine." he was born in the 50s and was part of the leo pluto generation. my dad has never as so much look, act, or sound "effeminate" in the entire time i've known him. granted, my dad is a well-groomed man, but like i said, he grew up in a generation that actually CARED about one presents oneself to the public. my dad isn't even "soft" in behavior either. sometimes my dad say mean things to me and my mom and he doesn't even mean it. when i say rude things to him (by accident or on purpose) he usually shrugs it off. it's just how my dad was raised in his family during the 50s and 60s generation where there were clear and definite definitions as what it's like to be a man or a woman. my dad took a lot of cr@p from me and my mom because he was raised that a man doesn't get bothered by petty things and the man should be generous and make more allowances to the woman.

on the other side of the pond,
i have a masculine chart of masculine rising with 3 masculine planets in the 1st house and 2 masculine planets conjuncting my rising. there are a total 6 air planets and 1 fire. all my masculine planets fall into the masculine houses and my 3 feminine planets fall into feminine houses. my venus is masculine but my mars is feminine. i don't look, act, nor sound masculine in the least. as a matter of fact, men who like women who are traditionally feminine will approach me first. now, i don't go around prancing in sun dresses and singing doris day, but my moves and mannerisms are soft and feminine. however, since i have mostly masculine energy in my chart, i think very masculine and despite my feminine pisces moon, i can easily cut people out of my life without thinking twice (masculine trait). again, if people were to check out my chart, they would think that i'd be a guy. i grew up with parents who are both part of the leo pluto generation and gave me very clearly defined definitions of what a man is and does and what a woman is and does. although i'm not a conformist, i do pay homage and quite thankful my parents at least gave me some sense of definition. that's probably why i don't tend to waver and oscillate so much like how other people born in the 80s (and afterwards) with being so uncertain about everything.

Last edited:

JUPITERASC

-I heard that men with Virgo Moon have a "tendency" to be effeminate. As well as Libra or Taurus ascendants for men.
Taurus and Virgo are feminine signs, however Libra is a masculine sign. Of course there are more chart factors to consider than solely the ascendant and moon!:smile:

Men with a feminine sun sign and women with a masculine sun sign may seem less obviously 'male' or obviously 'female' than men with a masculine sun sign or women with a feminine sun sign

THE MASCULINE SIGNS ARE

Aries, Gemini, Leo, Libra, Sagittarius and Aquarius

THE FEMININE SIGNS ARE

Taurus, Cancer, Virgo, Scorpio, Capricorn and Pisces.

retinoid

I have always forgot what gender I am. I don't want to be female (I am male), but I could be female easily. Like it never mattered to me. So sometimes I used to look in the mirror and say 'oh I am male'...I feel more 'nothing'...both. Also I have been attracted to both sexes yet have not really enjoyed sexual relations with either that much. I prefer more 'emotional'/companionship.

My moon (sagittarius) is conjunct venus (sagittarius) and uranus (capricorn) and sextiled by Mars (libra)

Last edited:

theV

I have always forgot what gender I am. I don't want to be female (I am male), but I could be female easily. Like it never mattered to me. So sometimes I used to look in the mirror and say 'oh I am male'...I feel more 'nothing'...both. Also I have been attracted to both sexes yet have not really enjoyed sexual relations with either that much. I prefer more 'emotional'/companionship.

My moon (sagittarius) is conjunct venus (sagittarius) and uranus (capricorn) and sextiled by Mars (libra)

As I wrote the Moon venus Male are not afraif of showing a charming and feminine side of them I also have A sagi moon

BaoSanniang

I'm a Cancer with 6 planets in masculine signs and 4 air signs, with the rest being an equal number of fire, water, and earth. Though some of my placements such as SAG rising don't scream effeminate, and I don't know how "effeminate" I'd be considered, but my Venus is the strongest planet in my chart and my Moon is also among the strongest. Both are stronger than my Sun, Saturn and so on. I have Moon Trine Venus while my Sun is Square my Saturn, so I do have quite a polarity when it comes to the expression of the former "yin" energy, which comes naturally to me, while the latter's "yang" / masculine energy is much more unnatural, even repulsive to me.

I'm definitely not effeminate when it comes to fashion / grooming, in fact I could care less about "dressing up" or "styling up." However, I do like long hair and I've found many Asian dramas and video games more appealing to my tastes due to the more metro-sexual looking male characters. To clarify, I'm 100% straight, male, of an East Asian background. I admit I like women's things, shoes, clothing items. I personally would never cross-dress, but I do like those items for some reason.

I feel I'm naturally receptive towards women's feelings and emotions, whether it's at a platonic or a romantic level. My style of showing love and care is by doing little things for them and being a listening ear during both happy and sad times. I don't see any thrill in the chase, my ideal marriage is starting out as friends with deepening affection as time passes. I'm not a traditionally romantic guy who leads, I'm more like a companion who will stay beside the person I've decided to spend my life with.

I like flowers and beautiful scenery, I like music and art and my singing voice can handle quite a few girl's songs with ease while struggling with songs sung by men. In a number of ways I find the world of men, in a stereotypical sense, quite unappealing. The competition, the need to be "macho", the drunkenness (not to say women don't get drunk), the need to prove yourself and never act vulnerable, those are huge turn offs for me. Not to say there aren't guys I don't get along with, because I have quite a few guy friends, but there are things I feel I can't communicate with them as easily as I could with females.

I was also raised by my mom in a semi-matriarchal regional Chinese culture, I adore women and I know that underneath the shell of even strong women there is (usually) a softer core than can be reached and accessed when you show them they can be soft and loving.