Human existence: the gender of God

JUPITERASC

Mon Dieu! Oh la Dieu! That just sounds better.

THE WORLDS SIXTEEN CRUCIFIED SAVIORS
OR
CHRISTIANITY BEFORE CHRIST
Containing New, Startling, and Extraordinary Revelations in Religious History
which Disclose the Oriental Origin of All the Doctrines, Principles, Precepts
and Miracles of the Christian New Testament
and Furnishing a Key for Unlocking Many of Its Sacred Mysteries,
Besides Comprising the History of 16 Heathen Crucified Gods

is an 1875 book written by American freethinker Kersey Graves,

Graves, often citing Anacalypsis and other works by Godfrey Higgins (1772–1833) as his source
asserts that many messiah-like "saviors"
were crucified on a cross or tree before ascending into heaven.

"One thing is clear — the mythos of the Hindus, the mythos of the Jews and the mythos of the Greeks
are all at bottom the same
and what are called their early histories
are not histories of humankind

but are contrivances under the appearance of histories
to perpetuate doctrines." (Higgins, Anacalypsis)

Here is Graves' main list, arranged chronologically:

He also lists a number of other holy figures who took the form of men
and then ascended into heaven :smile:

including:

The book claims that a number of these deities or god-men
shared at least some traits of Jesus as described in the New Testament
drawing the strongest similarities with Krishna.
For example, some figures had miraculous or virgin births, were sons of supreme gods
were born on December 25, had stars point to their birthplaces, were visited by shepherds and magi as infants
fled from death as children, exhibited traits of divinity in childhood
spent time in the desert, traveled as they taught, had disciples
performed miracles, were persecuted, were crucified
descended into hell after death, appeared as resurrections or apparitions
or ascended into heaven.
Graves also devotes chapters to the pagan roots of baptism and the eucharist
and concludes that Jesus was not a real person.

Last edited:

waybread

If male was only dominant and woman submissive, then god wouldn't have created situations that lead women to lose their femininity through abuse or a man to lose his masculinity through abuse and so on. Women become masculine cos they need to or are conditionsd to and men become feminine cos they are conditioned to. And those scenarios are all gods creation.

Abby, I believe in God, but not as the old man up in the sky. God to me is a presence or matrix in which our lives occur. If God really created the cosmos, which extends hundreds of light years beyond planet Earth, then God has to be so far beyond our human notions of male and female relations. If we look at the Bible, it stemmed out of a highly patriarchal culture, so it made sense to ancient scribes to depict God as a powerful senior male. Cultures tend to paste their own notions of proper social relations upon their deities.

waybread

JA, the ancient Egyptians had a solar god, Ra (Re,) but the father-god of Judaism, Babylon, Greece, Rome, and the Levant was actually a rain and storm deity. Jupiter/Zeus, El of the Phoenicians and Syrians, and Marduk were gods of rain and storms. See also the descriptions of God in the Bible, a God who withholds rain through drought as a means of punishing immoral behavior.

Today we tend to think of the sun as the primary giver of life, but in a seasonally arid climate prone to drought, water was equally seen as essential for life.

Note that in Greco-Roman lore, Apollo (sun) was the son of Jupiter/Zeus.

david starling

JA, the ancient Egyptians had a solar god, Ra (Re,) but the father-god of Judaism, Babylon, Greece, Rome, and the Levant was actually a rain and storm deity. Jupiter/Zeus, El of the Phoenicians and Syrians, and Marduk were gods of rain and storms. See also the descriptions of God in the Bible, a God who withholds rain through drought as a means of punishing immoral behavior.

Today we tend to think of the sun as the primary giver of life, but in a seasonally arid climate prone to drought, water was equally seen as essential for life.

Note that in Greco-Roman lore, Apollo (sun) was the son of Jupiter/Zeus.

The Egyptians used combinations of two deities to create another. They combined Amon (also spelled Amen), the hidden god, worshipped in secret rituals, with Ra. Amon-Ra was their version of Zeus/Jupiter. This was around the time of Moses, who was educated as an Egyptian. So the God of Moses was Amon-Ra, invincible in war, like Zeus. The name of Amon as Amen was inserted at the end of each prayer, and the Hebrew version of Amon-Ra incorporated the hidden, even invisible, nature of Amon, which was a real change from worshipping statues as idols, and graven images. An invisible God could be anywhere and everywhere. Rahu has convinced me that the Hebrew God had a wife, Ashera, a Goddess, in the original beliefs of Moses, and that she was later expunged. Notice too, the Commandment says "no other gods BEFORE Me", as opposed to "I am the One and Only god"--that came in during the Diaspora.

Last edited:

JUPITERASC

Gender identities

Our ideas about what it means to be a woman or a man
- that is, our gender constructs
- are given meaning and importance in our day-to-day reality.

Gender identities permeate so much of our experience
that it is easy to forget that they are just ideas
- ideas created to categorize human beings :smile:

Nevertheless, the categories of masculine and feminine
are often treated as if they were eternal truths.
But they are not.
They have no objective reality.
Because gender is a concept, it is a product of our mind
- and has no absolute existence that is separate from the mind that conceives of it.
Gender categories are not inherently real in and of themselves.

17th Karmapa - from the book:

"The Heart Is Noble: Changing the World from the Inside Out"

22780701_1921240024560693_4394545295225752817_n.jpg

ynnest

Gender identities

Our ideas about what it means to be a woman or a man
- that is, our gender constructs
- are given meaning and importance in our day-to-day reality.

Gender identities permeate so much of our experience
that it is easy to forget that they are just ideas
- ideas created to categorize human beings :smile:

Nevertheless, the categories of masculine and feminine
are often treated as if they were eternal truths.
But they are not.
They have no objective reality.
Because gender is a concept, it is a product of our mind
- and has no absolute existence that is separate from the mind that conceives of it.
Gender categories are not inherently real in and of themselves.

17th Karmapa - from the book:

"The Heart Is Noble: Changing the World from the Inside Out"

22780701_1921240024560693_4394545295225752817_n.jpg

Whats important to understand is that Categories of gender are Not the same as the original masculine and feminine "aspects" of God. I believe the gender discussion is not worthy enough at this point.

Y

jac

My personal observation is that by and large, this acculturated construct exaggerating traits into male or female, is an ancient politically motivated construct to control men and restrict women.

As the can of worms that is the artificial moon wriggles loose, all these illusions will be upended.

That which I perceive as likened to the status of deity, transcends gender.

Than you have XX, XY and 0 and 1... just a little more mud for your water. :biggrin:

Why not ask which numbers wear dresses, and then we'll argue which among those is actually a kilt?

david starling

My personal observation is that by and large, this acculturated construct exaggerating traits into male or female, is an ancient politically motivated construct to control men and restrict women.

As the can of worms that is the artificial moon wriggles loose, all these illusions will be upended.

That which I perceive as likened to the status of deity, transcends gender.

Than you have XX, XY and 0 and 1... just a little more mud for your water. :biggrin:

Why not ask which numbers wear dresses, and then we'll argue which among those is actually a kilt?

The Aquarian Age will clarify the gender issue. The ancient gender construct will fade away.

CapAquaPis

The Aquarian Age will clarify the gender issue. The ancient gender construct will fade away.

I see this trend is happening: 50 years ago, women were re-defying what it means to be female, and rejected many restrictive gender roles and customs. 25 years ago, society believed we have done away with gender, but they were incorrect. Today, more biological males are expressing themselves in what our society assumed they are feminine. In the 2000s and 10s, we had gay rights and transgender rights movements, including same-sex marriage became legal in all 50 states and territories, and our society is more familiar and tolerant of transgender people than the last century/millennia/astrological (pisces) age.

jac

I see this trend is happening: 50 years ago, women were re-defying what it means to be female, and rejected many restrictive gender roles and customs. 25 years ago, society believed we have done away with gender, but they were incorrect. Today, more biological males are expressing themselves in what our society assumed they are feminine. In the 2000s and 10s, we had gay rights and transgender rights movements, including same-sex marriage became legal in all 50 states and territories, and our society is more familiar and tolerant of transgender people than the last century/millennia/astrological (pisces) age.

What is "re-defying"?
Are you trying to say redefining?

The botched revisionism you parrot sounds like it came from a cardboard university professor. You really should take the time to do some research before throwing this kind of tripe out there. I won't even broach how much is wrong with your statement.

Far as a construct, the only constants are XX and XY.
At least until 5g and other degrading factors completely destroy that.

Time for some heavy Pluto studies.

david starling

What is "re-defying"?
Are you trying to say redefining?

The botched revisionism you parrot sounds like it came from a cardboard university professor. You really should take the time to do some research before throwing this kind of tripe out there. I won't even broach how much is wrong with your statement.

Far as a construct, the only constants are XX and XY.
At least until 5g and other degrading factors completely destroy that.

Time for some heavy Pluto studies.

Are you saying "gender" is ONLY about xx/xy? There are some variations, so they're not a constant.

jac

Show me the empiric evidence/science.

I really don't want this to become a sticky, but the attempt to further the invasion of women's spaces is a path to normalizing pedophilia. The end result being to ease the transition of a one-world govt where no one is perceived as outlaw and all are equal and accepted, paving the way for a slave society.

As you may ask what this has to do with women's spaces, consider how you'd feel if your girlfriend, wife, granddaughter or mother were in a bathroom with a man in a dress.

Most of us in the gay community even 40 yrs ago didn't want this, or even to be lumped together with groups that had no common ground with us. That's a fact.

At the risk of being redundant, I'm reposting this link for your consideration.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6mtQ1geeD_c

This would be a great time to do a chart on the AMA, and the WWW. I'm certain there are substantial significators for deception abound.

jac

AH- Mr. Starling- I looked it up myself:

Humans are born with 46 chromosomes in 23 pairs. The X and Y chromosomes determine a person’s sex. Most women are 46XX and most men are 46XY. Research suggests, however, that in a few births per thousand some individuals will be born with a single sex chromosome (45X or 45Y) (sex monosomies) and some with three or more sex chromosomes (47XXX, 47XYY or 47XXY, etc.) (sex polysomies). In addition, some males are born 46XX due to the translocation of a tiny section of the sex determining region of the Y chromosome. Similarly some females are also born 46XY due to mutations in the Y chromosome. Clearly, there are not only females who are XX and males who are XY, but rather, there is a range of chromosome complements, hormone balances, and phenotypic variations that determine sex.

From https://www.who.int/genomics/gender/en/index1.html

Seems mighty peculiar all of society MUST be upended for what I have heard is .001-.003% of the population. Then reduce that by the half that the attending delivery-room physician got right.

Bear in mind, I trust the WHO as much as the AMA and UN/NATO, which is to say, not at all.

Last edited:

david starling

AH- Mr. Starling- I looked it up myself:

Humans are born with 46 chromosomes in 23 pairs. The X and Y chromosomes determine a person’s sex. Most women are 46XX and most men are 46XY. Research suggests, however, that in a few births per thousand some individuals will be born with a single sex chromosome (45X or 45Y) (sex monosomies) and some with three or more sex chromosomes (47XXX, 47XYY or 47XXY, etc.) (sex polysomies). In addition, some males are born 46XX due to the translocation of a tiny section of the sex determining region of the Y chromosome. Similarly some females are also born 46XY due to mutations in the Y chromosome. Clearly, there are not only females who are XX and males who are XY, but rather, there is a range of chromosome complements, hormone balances, and phenotypic variations that determine sex.

From https://www.who.int/genomics/gender/en/index1.html

Seems mighty peculiar all of society MUST be upended for what I have heard is .001-.003% of the population. Then reduce that by the half that the attending delivery-room physician got right.

Bear in mind, I trust the WHO as much as the AMA and UN/NATO, which is to say, not at all.

I'm hoping it's a temporary phenomenon. Problem is, the medical, pharmaceutical, and psychological industries are making a fortune off it.

Opal

Premium Member

The Age of Aquarius gets stronger.......:biggrin: