Dreaming of a White cat

Caro

Anyone any ideas?
I keep having dreams of returning to my childhood home and surroundings.
This white cat(just older than a kitten emerged) came everywhere with me.
It was very sweet natured and gentle.

Im going to a house today where the kitten is a black cat so traditionally associated with magic.

I know some cultures see colours of cats differently. :unsure:

I have checked some online interpretations and some are negative.

http://www.dreammoods.com/dreamthemes/animals.htm

Last edited:

I cee

Hi Caro, maybe the cat represents something symbolic to you?
Do you love cats?
I think if you are an animal lover, then often animals represent something or someone you know that your subconsconcious is trying to access and show you thru your dreams.

Does your dream feel welcoming, what are the feelings you get when you have the dream.

Also houses and types of room, dinning room, kitchen etc are associated with different emotional feelings, I'm not sure what they all mean but I'm sure I read that somewhere??
Do you spend more time in a certain area of that house?

Symbolickilly cats have always been associated with 'dark' issues, in the west anyway, because it seems that every creature that prefers the night to day gets that label, owl,bat, or if it happens to be black, crow etc.
Dreams are personal and symbols mean differently to different people, imo.

Caro

thanks for your reply.

the childhood home , I was in the bathroom relates I think to confinement an anxiety. I did not have an expansive childhood.

maybe the cat - which seems so gentle and loving was helping me to release this.

I have an exam todayand tomorrow - crystal healing. the teacher I find challenging. She is tactless.

maybe along with my guide i will bring in the white catif appropriate).

her own black kitten is quite feral. so there is a real contrast here.

thanks for your reply - online stuff was quite negative!

JUPITERASC

Anyone any ideas?
I keep having dreams of returning to my childhood home and surroundings.
This white cat(just older than a kitten emerged) came everywhere with me.
It was very sweet natured and gentle.

Im going to a house today where the kitten is a black cat so traditionally associated with magic.

I know some cultures see colours of cats differently. :unsure:

I have checked some online interpretations and some are negative.

http://www.dreammoods.com/dreamthemes/animals.htm
DREAM MOODS is a good site and their A - Z Dictionary is a great resource and to illustrate that, here's the DREAM MOODS A -Z DICTIONARY interpretation :smile:

93 WORD QUOTE FROM DREAM MOODS DREAM DICTIONARY:

“Dreaming of your childhood home, your hometown, or home previously lived in, indicates desires for building a family and your family ideologies AND
reflects aspects of yourself that were prominent/developed when you lived in that home.

You may be experiencing unfinished feelings being triggered by some waking situation. Alternatively, the dream may represent your outdated thinking.

Dreaming of a cat symbolizes an independent spirit, feminine sexuality, creativity, and power.

It also represents misfortune and bad luck.

The dream symbol has different significance depending on whether you are a cat lover or not

97 WORD QUOTE FROM DREAM MOODS DREAM DICTIONARY:

“....The cat could indicate someone is being deceitful/treacherous toward you. If cat is aggressive, suggests that you are having problems with feminine aspect of yourself. If you fear the cat, then it suggests that you are fearful of the feminine. The dream may be a metaphor for 'cattiness' or someone who is 'catty' and malicious

White represents purity, perfection, peace, innocence, dignity, cleanliness, awareness, new beginnings. You may be experiencing a reawakening/fresh outlook on life.

White implies a clean, blank slate.

Or it may refer to a cover-up.

Eastern cultures, associate white with death and mourning...”

QUOTE FROM DREAM MOODS A-Z DICTIONARY

"...To dream that you are in the bathroom relates to your instinctual urges. You may be experiencing some burdens/feelings and need to "relieve yourself". Alternatively, a bathroom symbolizes purification and self-renewal. You need to cleanse yourself, both emotionally and psychologically..."

Caro

thanks I did look at a good few websites yesterday.
I do wonder about the negative connotations and this teacher.
yesterday was not a good day for me.

Caro

To me the cat needs freedom, not to be cooped up in ahouse. it needs to roam.

so that cat here a release from the confines of which i currently find myself.

exam is over and now I can moveon.

unfortunately the 'malicious' association was there also,(for me I would not necessarily identify this with a white cat either - but the full meanings appear to be true) I picked a card in reprsenting the issues I currently face - which was malicious gossip. this alas from the teacher of my course. this card then underlining the message from the dream

I need to find a way to deal with this that does not result in confrontation. so pondering that now.

Zarathu

Account Closed
My daughter used to wake up to find a white tiger sleeping at the end of her bed. She was very careful not to disturb the big fellow, for fear of making him angry. But then he would dissapate into thin air.

Eventually the tiger stopped visiting her.

Caro

Re: Dreaming of a White catI

Thanks for replies.

The white cat part is the bitthat stands out. As this has never happened before. it certainly caughtmy attention. Im not scared of thecat. it was beautiful and delicate and gentle. the dream was an omen of a difficult day ahead. where I clashed with this teacher who is a bully.

the cat and the confines of the room I think illustrating I want to break free from the course(its now finished) but also other stuff in my life.

Saturn in 1st conj SN trining moon/merc con. mars in 12th natally. I use crystals (the course finishing is a crystal course)a lot and have been having very vivid dreams as a result of some of the healing work I am doing. I need to make quite a few changes

aquarius7000

Re: Dreaming of a White catI

Hi,

Thank you for responding. I have not much idea about crystals, but astrologically I have got my answers. Saturn in the 1st house (early life) and aspecting your Moon (unconscious mind) is where I trace the dreams, to this early-childhood house (Moon again) you visited, back to.

:)AQ7

Last edited:

Abby83

I find it interesting that you say your teacher of this crystal course is a bully. How will you handle or deal with him/her. I find this interesting cos I too got bullied as an adult by the teacher in a healing type class but felt there was nothing that could be done.

Caro

it is a valid question. and a difficult one to answer.
I am a registered healer through a college, I met this teacher on a course at this college and then decided to do a diploma with her. The course is not under the umbrella of the college and that is the issue, it is not accredited. So there is no organisation to report back to.

So my first step is to go to the college where I am registered and discuss with them her behaviour in an objective, in confidence and impartial way and ask them for guidance.

her behaviour has resulted in 3 students leaving the course in previous years. She said they were not good enough but I think it is more that they questioned her over her running of the course etc. which is what I have done.

She then becomes extremely angry. the astrology she has pluto in leo in the 9th house. (not well aspected)

I guess in your case you could ask spirit for guidance - and ask to be shown away. I think it is lesson that we have to stand up to these people and just because someone has chosen a spiritual path it does mean that they loose their behavour traits - especially if they refuse to acknowledge them.

Unfortunately in this case I can not speak to her one to one as she will manipulate it. In your case you could try and speak to them?

Abby83

it is a valid question. and a difficult one to answer.
I am a registered healer through a college, I met this teacher on a course at this college and then decided to do a diploma with her. The course is not under the umbrella of the college and that is the issue, it is not accredited. So there is no organisation to report back to.

So my first step is to go to the college where I am registered and discuss with them her behaviour in an objective, in confidence and impartial way and ask them for guidance.

her behaviour has resulted in 3 students leaving the course in previous years. She said they were not good enough but I think it is more that they questioned her over her running of the course etc. which is what I have done.

She then becomes extremely angry. the astrology she has pluto in leo in the 9th house. (not well aspected)

I guess in your case you could ask spirit for guidance - and ask to be shown away. I think it is lesson that we have to stand up to these people and just because someone has chosen a spiritual path it does mean that they loose their behavour traits - especially if they refuse to acknowledge them.

Unfortunately in this case I can not speak to her one to one as she will manipulate it. In your case you could try and speak to them?

Funny how this girl you talk about ostresised the others as soon as they questioned her. That's what these bullies always do. True that you cant speak to her about it because she will get satisfaction from it and manipulate it further. As for me, the director that I reported it to said it was not his responsibility and turned out he was bullying his receptionist himself. I ended up postponing the course, but what I really wanted to do was sue the college. So in the end standing up for myself did nothing and it escalated because by then she knew it bothered me because I reported it.

Caro

And she is not a girl a 65 year old grandmother!!! some people never learn. :sideways:

Im sorry to hear that you were not listened to in this instance.

sometimes bullies see you as a threat and you have to remember they have their own low self esteem eating away at them.

lets see what happens with the route I have chosen.

Abby83

Its true that it is their problem, but it doesn't seem to stop the injustices that occur. This director was also in his 60's - funny hey. He definitely had insecurities. Good luck with it all.

I cee

the cat is not negative in your dream it is there for healing. In fact a very wonderful thing...

Yes! My thoughts too retnoid. I remembered a great book I have on animal wisdom and magic.
It says that in Egypt, Bast, cat goddess, a gentler version of Sekmet, the lion headed goddess, who was another manifestitation of Hathor.
Ironically, Sekmet, who drank blood lustily, was also associated with healing!
The priests of Sekmet were the doctors of the time.

So maybe, Caro it was symbolic of nature to your exam, crystals and healing.

There was another cat goddess who predated Bast. Mafdet, this was a feral cat!
There is a strong connection between feline and femmine.
There was also a great festival held for Bast, it says here, similar to the Roman Bacchus or Greek Dionysus.
A frenzied festival where people drank, danced and made love.

Cat magic was invoked by the Druid priests and priestesses to enable them to walk between the physical and spiritual worlds, which is why then, Christian religion deemed these animals as evil and demonic.
Apparently cats were hung with their masters and mistresses when convicted of the crime heresy.
Interestingly it says here that the black cat is of course lucky and white is not.
White generally is considered bad in uk tradition but while American tradition is of the opposite(Arthur followed the white deer to the magic well)

CAT MEDICINE AND POWER
Direction: south
Elements: fire,sun
Traits: Independence,playfullness, ferocity
Associations: Healing, childbirth mystery, magic

Goddesses: Mafdet,Sekmet, Bast(Egyptian). Bubatis (Greek). Freya (Norse).
Shasti (Hindu). Anu (Irish).Brighid (Celtic)

Caro

thanks for the info.

in the east - white is associated with death.

in reference to the bathroom scene. the house where I had my crystal exam - the bathroom toilet became blocked!

again emphasising my feeling that I just want to escape from restriction and now course is over/finished.

there is something going on........................

Last edited:

Caro

The white cat returned, brushing up against my back in a dream.
I turned but she did not want to go into the house.

Im hoping to buy a property soon!:whistling:

I succumb to the Tribe of the White Cat! :innocent: