National Day of Healing _ Oct 28, 2006

freedomlover

I came upon a notification of a "National Day of Healing" scheduled to take place Octiber 28, 2006 between the hours of 11 am to 2 pm. This apparently has hundreds of church groups involved, and I'm sure there will be thousands of people come in for prayer on that day - all-told.

My question is this: What are your thoughts on the scheduling of this day of healing prayer, as it coincides with Mercury turning retrograde in Scorpio? I'm sure whoever set this up prayed for Divine Guidance as to when to schedule it, so there has to be some significance as to why they picked this particular day. Also, any other influences at this time that would make this an especially conducive day to schedule a day of healing prayer?

The link for this is www.theelijahlist.com, if anyone would like to read the article or see if there is a group in their area.

cossie

From my understanding the church mainly frowns upon astrology and such practices or at least doesnt usually recognise it so its possible that astrological aspects were not accounted for when choosing the National healing day.
This is only my understanding,I may wel be wrong.

Kaiousei no Senshi

Premium Member
Well, where I am, Mercury doesn't turn retrograde until 6:31:16 p.m. (on the dot), so the "Healing Time" will have ended four and a half hours before. Maybe it's one of those kooky coincidences, or maybe it's a foreshadowing of the healing some of us (most likely those of us with a direct Mercury in the natal chart) may need to go through after this Mercury Retrograde/Neptune Direct shift occurs and plays through.

freedomlover

Thanks to all for the replies.

To: Cossie
I am all too painfully aware of the fact that the vast majority of those in "the Church" frown upon astrology. :(HOWEVER, I have these notes from personal research to share: In my own personal life, I have noticed that when I pray and ask for something to be be done "in God's timing" or " at the best time for it to happen", it winds up happening in a favorable astrological time - with conducive aspects. (I've gone backwards and checked. I wasn't able - and am now only beginning to -to plan these things from astrological knowledge (newbie)) Also, on the site, www.theelijahlist.com, I have sometimes gone from reading an astrological site to reading the elijah list, and the news is the same! I really do believe that the "prophets" in "the Church" receive insight into these things, the same as astrologers, only they're not given the astrology behind it - just the changes that are taking place. My theory is that IF they were open to astrology, they would be given astrological meanings, but they're not open to it. Anyway, the scientist in me has observed a correlation that has happened over and over again. So that was the basis for the question on this thread. :D

unukalhai

It seems to line up with the Sun/Venus conjunction in aspect to Saturn and Chiron.

The ministry that started this is in Texas, and at 9:41AM CDT on Saturday, the overall (combined) orbs of aspect for the four objects are at thier least, with a maximum orb of 41arcmin. At thier location, Pluto rises just after the event starts.

Venus/Sun squares Chiron, and quintiles Saturn. Implementation and crystalization (saturn) of healing (Chiron) through the illumination (Sun) of love and faith (Venus)

Official NDH Site: http://www.cfhunter.org/ndh_1.htm

5-6 deg Scorpio (Sun/Venus)
The Gold Rush Tears Men Away From Their Native Soil

Last edited:

unukalhai

The Church often frowns on astrology because they don't understand it and a few passages in the bible appear (yet indirectly) to condemn the practice, because many people have misapplied it (used God's gift for personal, selfish gain) and because of its unfortunate assocation with "evil" things such as witchcraft and pagans.

Religious types also consider it to indicate a lack of faith in God. I so disagree!

The 3 judicial astrologers (The 3 Wisemen) who came to annoint Jesus were talented astrologers, and God demonstrated his acceptance of them by not only choosing them to annoint his Son, but also by sending an angel to protect them on thier return trip.

In fact, I consider the application of astrology, in a unselfish manner, to be an honor of the Lord and a testament to his power and grace.

Genesis 1:14 said:
And God said, Let there be lights in the firmament of the heaven to divide the day from the night; and let them be for signs, and for seasons, and for days, and years

If you'd like some really interesting (and free) reading on the more mystical side of Christianity, check this out from 1914.
http://www.gutenberg.org/etext/13143

Last edited:

freedomlover

Thanks U!

What a good researcher you are!!! I knew there had to be some favorable aspects surrounding this. I found the Sabian Symbol to be most interesting.

I have been to these types of meetings many times in the past. As in the Gold Rush, people do come from many miles away. Some strike it rich (receive a healing), and sadly many go away without their healing. However, for these it just wasn't the right time, they had emotional healing to do first, etc. They still go home with an extra "boost" that they can build upon, if they so choose.

You made some very good points about religion and astrology, and I will have to say I totally agree with you. The two really blend together perfectly. My only addendum to that is that I believe one should be careful to not let astrological calculations take the place of listening to the 'still, small voice". I believe you can never go wrong with following the Spirit, and the Spirit will do the astrological calculations for you! (If you know what I mean;))

unukalhai

Certainly, faith is important, as is listening to one's inner voice. If you listen, you will learn, and its a powerful ally to have.

Also, the Venus/Chiron cycle has been hot since the last Venus retrograde...
a) The last Venus retrograde happened on Chiron, mid-december 2005, with both objects at the second degree of Aquarius. The 2nd of Aquarius was also the degree of the powerful Uranus/Pluto midpoint at that time.
b) The 3/14/2006 lunar eclipse had Venus/Chiron conjunct (the two objects in conjunction, not conjunct the eclipse) by 1/2 degree.
c) The 3/3/2007 lunar eclipse has Venus/Chiron in sextile, with the eclipsed moon forming a tight yod with the sextile (11arcmin midpoint), which also means the Venus/Chiron midpoint conjuncts the eclipse Sun.

Great comments on the sabian! :D