natal indicators of living away from birthplace

hermetic

I would like some help on my chart regarding the decisions I plan to make...

I often hear people who live abroad how they knew/felt they were going to be living somewhere else.
I have always felt rather suffocated in my country, in this city, and really could not ever feel I fit in with the mentality of people here. I felt somewhere else would be better, like the place itself could be better towards me.
Every short trip I took outside of the borders I felt alive and breathing again, in my case that may be Venus in 3rd of short trips.
I know planets in 9th house are related to long distance travels and living abroad but particualy in my chart 9th is empty, only POF being there - meaning I could be really fortunate somewhere else.
With cusp being in Pisces, that would account for countries by the water - Spain, Portugal, if I am not mistaken. But it could also mean I am under illusion that life somewhere could be better

I was reading that aspects between 4th and 9th rulers are also to be considered regarding this - mine are Venus and Neptune, respectively and they form a square - could signify an inner conflict about leaving vs. staying?

One more thing to add - I once read that Saturn in 4th makes one unhappy in the place of birth and moving makes this Saturn influence less felt -but I also have my Sun there, which is why I feel connected to my roots even tho I am aware I am not good here, nor living up to my potential. I am ambivalent towards this, yes. If I were not, I would have probably find a way by now to leave somehow.
For a long time I am living an unproductive and depressed life, and thru years I had these dreams of leaving somewhere at least for a year, for postgraduate studies or something. I guess it could be seen as a wish to escape current realities, too :rolleyes:
Back to astrology - Uranus is transiting my 9th at the moment, but with this opposition from Saturn I feel I should have acted on this earlier

I would really hope and be very thankful if someone could answer in simple terms - do you see any possibility that I will one day make something out of this dream, does my chart shows potential for living soemwhere else in the future?
haae.gif

waybread

A couple of indicators that "home" is important to you occur in your chart:

1. Stellium in the 4th house of home, including your sun.

2. The moon is another indicator of one's home. The moon is your "chart ruler" due to your Cancer rising. Your moon in restless Aquarius sextiling Uranus suggests that you are intrigued by things new, innovative, and unusual. I suspect that you would be OK living close to your current home, so long as you could live on a houseboat, in a treehouse, or in a remodeled Airstream trailer--just so long as there was nothing boring about it.

3. Your moon squares Jupiter, the god of long-distance travel. The square to Pluto is probably too wide, but you may feel a need for constant upheaval in your home.

4. Your 4th house cusp in Libra suggests that you do want your home to look beautiful and harmonious--a sanctuary away from stress. But Libra is ruled by Venus, and your Venus closely squares Neptune. Therefore, be sure that you do not simply cling to beautiful but totally unrealistic dreams about the romance of living in faraway places.

5. Your Part of Fortune is in the 9th house of "journeys over water." This house is ruled by Neptune. With Neptune squaring Venus, again, just listen to your head as well as your beautiful dreams.

Saturn can show where we feel limited, frustrated, or inadequate. Venus (in the house of short-distance travel) can show what we are attracted to.

One thing you might do is look at your relocation chart and travel maps at astrodienst, the site where you produced your chart. The question isn't so much "away from home" but "where would you go?" You might be very happy settling down in one place provided it is not too far from your birth place. Your chart suggests more of a home-body than a world long-haul traveler, to me, anyway!

jjj

I can add a few things.
I have been living abroad two yrs and I plan to stay here longer (maybe forever, who knows).
I have Aquarius NN in 9th house. Foreign languages and long trips are my cup of tea:).

I think that your Aqua Moon is partially responsible for your restless nature.... an Aquarian feels home everywhere, is a globetrotter.

There is an indication that living in your birthplace may not be good for you... Pluto in the 4th. I read in an old astrology book (hehee) that these people need to move away from their birth place. I have this placement myself;)

best luck!

The_Sundance_Kid

Hi Hermetic,

I have felt the same, I love travel to a point where it is not healthy and would love to move abroad. I still live in my town of birth. For what it's worth, here is a thread I started on Jupiter in the 4th, which you might have if you use equal house:

http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=12134

On your chart I can only add a few comments to what others have written:

Pisces on the 9th might mean delusions about travel, the grass being greener. But I am currently a big fan of significators. So I'd look to Neptune. Neptune in the 6th might mean travel for the purposes of work, or that abroad might suit your daily rhythm and lifestyle more. This is all we have to go on here as Neptune is not aspected to Jupiter.

Using modern rulerships, Venus and Mercury are the final dispositors and are in mutual reception. Which is stronger? Venus is also in the 3rd house, and is accidentally in fall/ detriment, whichever word is right. Mercury has no such debility. So I might give the edge slightly to Mercury, which is in conjunction (stellium orbs here :p ) to the Libra planets.

So Mercury in the 4th is particularly applicable, along with the Venus Neptune square.

I think this all bodes well with short term travel, or moving to another town or city in the same country. I don't like to be fatalistic, but a regional move might be better than going abroad abroad. Waybread I think has a similar interpretation, but he sees it through the moon, and wrote about a moving house, rather than a regional move.

Lastly, and I don't want to make you feel bad or come across as patronising, but it is often said that each planet has to teach us a lesson. With Saturn and Pluto in the 4th house, there maybe alot of lessons to learn with regard to home, and so maybe moving abroad is not the best option. Once you learn to work with Pluto and Saturn, maybe you won't want to move as badly, especially when the 9th is ruled by Neptune, which might be unrealistic. To this end, Neptune sextiles Saturn and Pluto, so I think once you have worked through your Saturn and Pluto lessons, the answer will present itself, and as you will by then have these two heavyweights on your side Neptune will be too scared to try and deceive you.

Pluto and Saturn also rule the 5th and 7th houses, and with the moon, this might show that a romantic and creative other might bring out the 4th house issue and could therefore help you resolve it. You might move because of the romantic other.

So in conclusion you should maybe think about a regional or local move, or a moving house. Or maybe work through your feelings of limitation and Saturn and Pluto, maybe with help from a special other. And then decide based on what you think is best, and don't let mere astrology get in your way :)

Best wishes, it may not sound it, but I so very know where you are coming from and am working through this problem with myself.

Sundance

Not much to add as some very good responses here, but your POF is Just in 8th house (equal hous) not 9th and T Uranus has not yet gone into your 9th house. Its all about cusps.....

All those planets below the horizon suggest a very subjective, introverted personality Needs to seek personal meaning in their lives first and foremost! Will not feel comfortable dealing with continuous worldly affairs that call for direct public exposure or overt social involvement. Detachment or being objective may not come easy. You may on occasion choose to withdraw or turn away from active participation in the world in favour of safe haven and retreat!

Quite soon T Saturn will conj natal Venus, whereby a relationship may end, feeling unloved, uncherished and short of money. At same time T Saturn will square n neptune which could be depressive, crush your dreams and create more fear of unknown connected to 4th Venus rules and 11th Taurus hopes and wishes.....

Your chart lacks Earth element, only 1 therefore being not very practical about matters, but is the sign of a moneymaker. Will PM cos dont know author and therefore cannot post.....

You have lots of air and deposited in air houses and in gemini/3rd house suggests lots of mental restlessness. again will PM

Last edited:

pluto 74

I would like to speak out of personal experience since I have been living abroad for more than 16 years now.
I have my natal 9 cusp in aquarious and jupiter conjunct MC in many trines especially with mercury moon uranus and mars.
maybe this will help

Last edited:

iwonder

I read connection between 4th (home), 9th (far away) and 12th (isolation) houses indicates moving abroad. Other houses can participate to show the reasons (work, marriage, source of money, etc). 8th house as a house of change can also be present.

I live far away from my birth place.

In my chart ruler of the 4th (Venus) is in the 8th, in opposition to the 12th ruler. It is in mutual reception with Mercury in the 9th, conjunct Uranus.
Ruler of the 7th is in the 9th. Could mean a spouse from a different culture. Not my case, but I married abroad.
Ruler of the 6th is in the 9th - work environment is foreign.
Ruler of the 2nd is in the 9th - earning money abroad, or working with other cultures.

So I think, one way or another, I was destined to leave my birthplace.

Plus, overall restlessness of my chart, strong mutable and cardinal qualities, Sag Asc make me want to move.

Another example - 4th house in Aquarius, Uranus in th 9th. The person moved long distance (very long distance!) many times.

Astro50, I don't have Uranus/Ceres conjunction, but they are in lose (3* orb) quincunx.

hermetic

Thanks everyone for a really in-depth responses, I've definitely learned a lot about myself just thinking about all each of you wrote.

Truth is I don't have my motivation clear as to 'why' I wish to go, except the energy blockage I feel here and it is hard to explain.

waybread, true, I am a home-body, a typical Cancerian, with a stellium in 4th and Cancer asc everyone guesses me as Cancer at first. I am attached to the idea of house, just not this house. That Moon in Aquarius and sextile to Uranus, I feel it on little details of everyday, but most of all I am attached to the idea of security.

jjj, what you write for Pluto I read the same thing for Saturn, and I have them both. hmmm ;)

The Sundance Kid, really good post, I still have a hard time deciding over which house system to use. Saturn and Pluto I feel as 4th house planets, but even if I had Jupiter there it would be hard to distinguish among those.
It had to be Jupiter or the Sun, one benefic either way.
As far as Neptune in 6th, I will only say I am seriously confused about my daily routine and work here and now. Days just go by in a meaningless wanderings, and I get to grasp no structure... I guess I would like to believe somewhere this would change, as it does not suit me a bit. Might be all just another case of grass is greener, except I am 99% positive I would be more entushiastic about life somewhere else, here there are too many very depressing factors regarding home, family situation and emotional attachments.
As I previously stated, whenever I was away from home I simply flourished, be it a day, week or a month.
I often thought of Saturn and Pluto being there for me to overcome them, but right now I simply want to escape.

Pluto and Saturn also rule the 5th and 7th houses, and with the moon, this might show that a romantic and creative other might bring out the 4th house issue and could therefore help you resolve it.

I think this is what's been happening and mostly responsible for my escapist wishes ;)

astrologer50, thanks for those private messages, it certainly explaines lots of things about me, being all air, lacking earth

I have recently discovered that Uranus conj Ceres can indicate living abroad...... where is yours?

I do have this conjunction in the 5th although I can't quite understand as to why would this aspect point to living abroad ???

All those planets below the horizon suggest a very subjective, introverted personality Needs to seek personal meaning in their lives first and foremost! Will not feel comfortable dealing with continuous worldly affairs that call for direct public exposure or overt social involvement. Detachment or being objective may not come easy. You may on occasion choose to withdraw or turn away from active participation in the world in favour of safe haven and retreat!

this is very true, and also a thing that has been holding me back from any success in the 'worldy' sense. And a personal meaning is very hard to believe when everything around is screaming different story at you.

regarding the whole situation - during this month I will send several applications to foreign faculties across Europe for a place at a postgraduate program in fall. I think I have good enough work to present, and will see it as a God's will - whether I get a place or not. I realize current transits are not that great, but I will try anyway.
Even if I do get to go it will be for a year or two and then I should decide what next.

Moulin

I have sagittarius as my 9th ruler and at the moment i'm very impatient to move abroad... and very restless :p

FleetingDasein

Moulin said:
I have sagittarius as my 9th ruler and at the moment i'm very impatient to move abroad... and very restless :p

I have Saggitarrius as my 9th ruler, and I already live abroad.:D I also got Uranus (yes, I travel too distant places...and I get delayed all the time) and also Saturn in the 9th.

"Hence, the reputa­tion of Saturn in H9 for bringing about misfortune through the courts and overseas travel." :(

hermetic,

Quote:
I have recently discovered that Uranus conj Ceres can indicate living abroad...... where is yours?

I do have this conjunction in the 5th although I can't quite understand as to why would this aspect point to living abroad ???

I found recently some information regarding Ceres on internet and its meanings and the only one, such as above suggests...... plus my partner has his conj in Virgo in 11th house, what sign is yours? plus cancer rules his 9th house and moon placed in 8th house. So for joint finances/work with partner ie; me he will relocate and is trying very soon to fulfil his wishes to come to UK.......

Styx

jjj said:
I can add a few things.
I have been living abroad two yrs and I plan to stay here longer (maybe forever, who knows).
I have Aquarius NN in 9th house. Foreign languages and long trips are my cup of tea:).

I think that your Aqua Moon is partially responsible for your restless nature.... an Aquarian feels home everywhere, is a globetrotter.

There is an indication that living in your birthplace may not be good for you... Pluto in the 4th. I read in an old astrology book (hehee) that these people need to move away from their birth place. I have this placement myself;)

best luck!

Wow that's very interesting. I have pluto in the fourth and I live very, very far away from my birth place. Just like you said, my birth place wouldn't have been good for me.

@ hermetic: Just like you I have neptune as my 9th house ruler, and neptune is also in my sixth house. I think this indicates long distace travel/moving for the job, correct me if i'm wrong :eek:

Ajar

Hermetic, I also have Saturn in my 4th, and can honestly say that I have always felt as you do. My first memories/fantasies of youth always included moving to someplace different, usually a wilderness type area.

Unfortunately, as much and as long as I have wanted to leave my place of birth for good, somehow Saturn in the 4th (family/home ties/responsibilities) always managed to hold me, or actually bring me back when I had left.

With Pluto conjunct Saturn in your 4th, I can see how you would be very bothered by your natal location.

I think that if you do leave your place of birth, you will feel better, like a load has been lifted from your back, but also you will always feel a vague need, and responsibility to return, if not an outright requirement due to some familial duty.

mayin

wow hermetic and i have much in common on this topic! i too have 4th hs libra stellium with saturn and pluto (plus mars thrown in for good measure:eek:) and have wanted to leave home for as long as i can remember. i also have 9th hs moon in aries which (as hermetic pointed out in this post ) reflects how i left home on my own quite young so i can find a place thats mine. i never really wondered why i want to leave, or if i should leave, and so on, i just knew that i had to and that i would and that is whats best. i used to think its because i had 'family problems' but now i think its something much more basic than that. when i look back now, i see there were many obstacles but it all kind of worked out in the end...
like hermetic, i too have cancer rising, and my personal space is very important. i really identified with this:
I am attached to the idea of house, just not this house.
i've been away from home for 9yrs now, the last 4 have been very far away, and i really like it. its also that i am very interested in my history and culture and have gotten more and more into the really old (pluto?) things about my country. my friends tease me on how after a few drinks i start lecturing everyone about our history, hehe. i love being a foreigner (moon in aries 9th), and sometime i almost wish i could be a foreigner in my own country. i'm also torn between my birthplace/family-home and the broader country/history. the former i avoid, and the latter i absolutely love. i often feel like i only started living after i left home, and i also started feeling younger since then.

i too have neptune as the lord of my 9th house, but i dont think it signifies the "grass is greener" story. its not all been the way i imagined, but still i'd prefer to be away. i wonder what else pisces here could signify?
neptune is also in the 6th in sag(foreign lands!), suggesting working abroad, but it also contacts my 4th hs stellium and i dont know what to make of that.

anyway-- hermetic, if i may say so, i think you should go for it! there is a great big world to experience and whatever happens you'll be wiser and better for having spread your wings! and anyway, if its not what you imagined, you can always return home. good luck with you applications :)

Last edited:
recently found a little more about Ceres conj Uranus...

you said,
"I do have this conjunction in the 5th although I can't quite understand as to why would this aspect point to living abroad ???"

More specifically, when Ceres is closely aligned with Uranus, one feels like a global citizen. Perhaps one's personal family is too dysfunctional to identify with, or for other reasons the individual relocates away from the ancestral background. This may mean living in a foreign country, getting involved in a humanitarian cause, or otherwise bridging racial, cultural, or religious roots.

Anwen

I have Ceres trine Uranus, and I am living abroad.Also I have Chiron in the 9th house.The ruler of the 9th house, Venus, is in the 4th house,conj.with Neptun.

archergirl

Ah. I've lived in two foreign countries (and still live in one), and could not WAIT to leave my home town. I felt like a stranger in a strange land there. I left the first time when I was 17, and stayed away for years at a time, when possible, finally leaving it forever. To this day I still feel more at home in Europe than I ever did anywhere in the States.

I have Jupiter in the 9th. 9th ruler (which is also my 4th ruler) Venus is in Sagittarius, in the 11th. I can't get far enough away from home. There is no such thing as 'too much travel' for me. Interestingly, my POF is in the 4th, but no planets there.

Debbie Kempton-Smith says that people with loaded 4th and 10th houses often have 'parent issues' of some sort or another, which may explain the claustrophopia and suffocation you feel in your hometown. ...? It may make the actual leaving very challenging for you, especially with Saturn there.

AG:)

bluemascara

I also live away from my birthplace, pretty far away...on another continent, even lol. I actually only lived where i was born a couple of months. i have jupiter and moon in the ninth. Jupiter is in opposition to my fourth house cusp.

Last edited:

waybread

I have lived in several different widely-separated places, and moved to another country 17 years ago. I have travel-loving Sagittarius on my IC, and its ruler Jupiter in my 4th house.