Covid-19: how are you responding?

athenian200

I have Saturn and Mars in Capricorn as a natal placement, which makes the fact that Saturn and Mars were in Capricorn when all this started hitting the US somewhat odd.

What I'm noticing is that the timing of this event so far hasn't disrupted my life very much. I was originally going to visit someone in Kentucky on the 20th of March, but I confirmed the dates ahead of time and they were thinking they might go to Comic-Con that weekend because it was scheduled, and moved it up to the 15th. Incidentally, that Comic-Con was likely cancelled anyway, but it's a good thing the date changed otherwise the hotel might have been unavailable due to mass closures. The main thing I wanted to see there, the baseball bat museum was still open for business at the time I went, though many other things were starting to close at that time. I was also able to try the pizza place said friend recommended right before the lockdowns got serious.

After coming home, I somehow managed to get a physical copy of the new Animal Crossing game from GameStop on the final day they were open for walk-in business in my area, March 21st. My instincts somehow led me to get the game a bit earlier than I usually would have, and it proved correct. It's like I had a sixth sense for how fast the lockdown would proceed and stayed ahead of it in terms of planning out the few things I wanted to get done.

As far as April is concerned, I had originally been assigned to grand jury duty in April, and I would have had to go in twice a week for the whole month. Because of the shutdown, I no longer have to go to jury duty, which means the whole hassle I was anticipating didn't materialize.

Additionally, none of the people close to me are staying home. My Mom is working harder than usual on a defense contract. My Dad is an environmental contractor and he has to help construct various kinds of containment/barriers for the local government. And my friend I went to see works for a retirement home and although it's on lockdown, she still has to go in and take care of the residents because... well, they're elderly and some have dementia. I work on an open source browser project that's struggling to keep up with Chrome, and we're racing to try and take advantage of the delays in Google's development and deployment schedule to catch up on features. It sounds weird to say it, but the virus brought us a few extra months by hitting Google in the pocketbook (they rely heavily on ad revenue) and disrupting their normal workflow, without affecting us in the same way due to how we operate.

Another odd thing is how we've sourced supplies. My Mom told me that although it's unnerving seeing toilet paper missing from shelves, we already had a two-month supply of it because she worries about blizzards and such, and therefore hoards it under normal circumstances. On top of that, my Dad (who doesn't live with us) was concerned about us and somehow managed to get us 20 rolls of toilet paper on top of what we had, and also got us a box of N95 masks in case we have to go out. So we've somehow wound up with a fairly decent supply of masks and toilet paper.

My daily life is a lot like it was before the pandemic. I am usually pretty restricted in my ability to go places because I can't drive anyway, and rarely have any extra income or any friends I'm able to see in real life. My Mom still brings home food from the drive-thru every day on her way home from work because those haven't closed yet. If it weren't for the discomfort of having to listen to the news or being uncomfortable in the awareness that I no longer have the choice to go out places if I wanted to, my life wouldn't be appreciably different.

I am worried that as Mars and Saturn move into Aquarius things could start to look a lot worse for me, because that's the sign on my MC. But for right now, everything is going either average or better than average in my personal life despite the fact that civilization seems to be falling apart.

david starling

Thankfully, the penicillin did the trick, so it probably was "just" strep throat.

Actually, I was spending a bunch of my shelter-in-place time arguing theology with Petosiris.

A good time for some more engaging discussion threads?

No one can anchor an argument as well as peto! He gets totally engaged.

Of course, I'm totally engaged in studying the astrological Ages, but that's not everyone's cup of tea. :biggrin:

What sort of topic would you, yourself find engaging?

Last edited:

leomoon

I thought he wasn't very well liked over there.

Though I suppose losing the prime minister would be another level of chaos that you don't need.

Personally, I would not be sad at all if Trump died of the coronavirus. I would think he got exactly what he deserved. The only sadness I would feel if I heard he was in intensive care with it would be the thought that they were trying so hard to save his worthless life, when so many others can't get care at all.

It would be chaos if he did die, but I really don't think that would be any worse than the chaos he's causing.

My impression of Johnson is that he's the UK's Trump.

The news footage showed him doing the exact opposite of Social Distancing, not all that long ago. Likely, he managed to breathe in or touch the virus with the people he entertained then. Same with Trump, but djt with his Jupiter seemingly, always doing him favors of protection, managed to avoid getting infected surprisingly, but thats how being born to a Lucky Jupiter operates in one's life too I suppose.:annoyed:

With Johnson, not so lucky, even his girlfriend managed to show symptoms and she's pregnant. So hopefully the baby and she will be okay and she'll recover well.

A lot of selfishness abounds when people as we've seen in the U.S. make fun (the gas mask dude Republican Matt Gaetz) and djt playing down the entire thing for months. People (about 1/2 of our country) tend to believe every word that comes out of his little pie hole. After all, he had INTEL communities, telling him in briefings about the Pandemic as far back as last November - Dec. and now emails came to light saying his own choice of Administration P. Navarro - also spoke of exactly what we are seeing right now, and worse - a serious warning, back in late January! (he denies seeing anything of course) as usual. i.e. from Idioms - online - 2. Proverb "See no evil, Hear no evil" =
To ignore or turn a blind eye to evil without taking action against it. A lot of people will decry human rights abuses, but as soon as correcting those abuses inconveniences their own lives in any way, they choose to see no evil, hear no evil, speak no evil.

For example, one man told his wife he will take the fish tank cleaner because it's the same ingredient that his hero, djt has been touting, day and night on TV whenever he has the opportunity. Well that man's dead now.

Man dies after ingesting aquarium product containing chloroquine: Hospital network A man reportedly died after ingesting a substance used to clean fish tanks that contains a form of chloroquine, a drug that President Donald Trump has claimed repeatedly could be a "game changer" in the fight against the novel coronavirus.
Man dies after ingesting aquarium product containing ...

abcnews.go.com/Politics/man-dies-ingesting-chloroquine-prevent-coronavirus-bann…

In similar fashion, perhaps less so, is Boris Johnson when he played down the Corona-Virus.

A friend published this article the other day, after realizing her family told her as a child she was born during such a time as what is termed the "Nodal Binding" -

Thus far, scanning the dates in 2020, the "binding planets within the nodes" seems to have started globally on 2/25 (Sidereal Vedic using only the original planets)

and doesn't end until the end of May.

It picks up again, later on in 2020 in the winter months, and again in 2021.
I don't know how this is going to play out as for "binding us" collectively, but I'll be cognizant now of these dates. She says apparently, it also operates the same way in natal charts...

Man dies after ingesting aquarium product containing chloroquine: Hospital network A man reportedly died after ingesting a substance used to clean fish tanks that contains a form of chloroquine, a drug that President Donald Trump has claimed repeatedly could be a "game changer" in the fight against the novel corona virus.

**That doesn't mean the "binding" needs to be the return of the virus however, in 2021, it could be something altogether new:surprised:

For the graph's Feb. 25th commence date of the "binding within the Nodes", I saw this today on the NY Post:

"The coronavirus was likely spreading in New York City as early as February, weeks before the Big Apple’s first confirmed case, according to a report citing new research."

Now I'm wondering IF (as with transits themselves), there is an orb play that also takes place within the start and ending dates. Very likely there is some wiggle room then to watch out for. For personal nativity charts, she seems to think it was operational for her moreso when she was younger until she became more cognizant of pulling away from the family bounds placed on her.

She does both Vedic & Tropical astrology, so her example chart shown would be Tropical from the Feb. 25th - to late May in the graph - and as she mentioned, even the outer planets are "bound within the Nodes" during that time so a very literal interpretation:

http://www.astromanda.com/nodal-bind/

Manda works and recreates with Robert Hand and lots of the well known ones, so she takes her work quite seriously too. I don't think she'd have shared this unless it was well researched by her first.

Last edited:

leomoon

cont'd: From AstroManda: article posted above -

COVID19 Pandemic:
The nodal bind again occurs now between from Feb 25 2020 to May 29 2020 for 84 days amidst the period of Pluto Saturn Conjunction in Capricorn. We started hearing about Corona virus in the middle of January 2020, and then people started googling it, becoming curious, but in a month’s time, by the end of February, the whole World was hysteric about it. We went from washing hands, wearing gloves and masks, social distancing, shelter in place, school and business closures to complete lock-down in some countries. The nodal bind will occur again from Dec 2020 to March 2021 for 87 days, and again from Dec 2021 to April 2022 for 130 days. This could mean that although the epidemic subsides in May, there could be a second and third wave of COVID19, or some other event possibly that binds us apart,
:w00t:

leomoon

Ugh, leomoon. How extra scary that the transpersonal planets are also involved.

Kshantaram has mentioned the nodal binding phenomenon before in the natal chart of a narcissistic physical and emotional abuser and thief (IIRC). He called it darkness below the lamp. One of the explanations arising from that discussion had to do with how transits affect planets in that kind of natal configuration without respite or support, I think.

Have not seen it used in mundane astrology til now. Seems like we should request more insight from Vedic practitioners. This is the second time I’ve heard the May 29 end date from a Vedic source. Obviously that set of dates doesn’t need to line up with the lifting of specific lockdown orders and small business strangulation, because the orders are not happening simultaneously globally.

Thanks for the update , and yes, I miss K, but I think he is a member here too. :unsure: ...not the actual nativity of a person born with the "between the bounds" of the Nodes. Surely, it must be karmic whatever it is...That's how manda saw it too.

(* changed the sentence, as I have no idea what "K" means until I talk with him again) **dh.

That TOO is an excellent note you made regarding global shutdowns, as the Moon for sure is not in the same place globally either.

Please keep me updated and I will too if I hear anymore about this nodal phenomenon...:cool:I'd love to know more about the "darkness below the lamp". Sounds so poetic in a way. Perhaps it only affects a natal for a certain period of time and not their entire lives too? We'll need to hear more.

Added: from Manda: in the natal chart - and mundane -

Kalasarp is the not the same as having all the planets bound (including outer planets). kalasarp happens with 1 in 8 people so around 12 percent of the population, but a complete nodal bind with moon in or out, occurs 3% of the time..This does not occur that often but when it happens, it is very challenging energy. Like right now we are having it and I talk to my neighbor who is 94 yrs, and he says never seen anything like this..
and I found this article explaining it more in natal charts:

https://celebrateyoga.org/kala-sarpa-yoga/

Last edited:

david starling

Thanks for the update , and yes, I miss K, but I think he is a member here too. :unsure: ....I suppose he meant in "transit to a natal?"...and not the actual nativity of a person born with the "between the bounds" of the Nodes. Surely, it must be karmic whatever it is...Thats how manda saw it too.

That TOO is an excellent note you made regarding global shutdowns, as the Moon for sure is not in the same place globally either.

Please keep me updated and I will too if I hear anymore about this nodal phenomenon...:cool:I'd love to know more about the "darkness below the lamp". Sounds so poetic in a way. Perhaps it only affects a natal for a certain period of time and not their entire lives too? We'll need to hear more.

Added: from Manda: in the natal chart - and mundane -

and I found this article explaining it more in natal charts:

Passiflora may have meant "nodal configuration", not "natal".

leomoon

David S:
Passiflora may have meant "nodal configuration", not "natal".

I suppose she'll be back to clarify again sometimes or other.
Meanwhile, have you read the article?

It is about BOTH mundane charts & personal Natal charts, but its a rare configuration.

There is also a link I posted with a few talks about it. Joni Patry does one of them...and explains it rather well.

In a natal chart - she (Patry) appears to have it herself, and I'm not surprised :surprised: (NOT) as she is extremely ambitious so it makes sense why she'd want to talk about it. She also says, its a "newer" yoga they discovered as its not in their holy books.

It is a challenge to understand this personality, but in reality, the person is both ambitious and material hungry for elite privileges under Rahu and a non-acquisitive wandering mendicant who may come off as dysfunctional or saintly, sometimes both. Evidence shows that Rahu dominates the KSY personality meaning that there are times of burning desire for unearned privilege and recognition.

david starling

David S:

I suppose she'll be back to clarify again sometimes or other.
Meanwhile, have you read the article?

It is about BOTH mundane charts & personal Natal charts, but its a rare configuration.

There is also a link I posted with a few talks about it. Joni Patry does one of them...and explains it rather well.

In a natal chart - she (Patry) appears to have it herself, and I'm not surprised :surprised: (NOT) as she is extremely ambitious so it makes sense why she'd want to talk about it. She also says, its a "newer" yoga they discovered as its not in their holy books.

Right, probably is about one's personal Natal-chart configuration.

david starling

Uh what? That is no different to any other year, where they also report pneumonia death cases declining within this time period, but this year there are suddenly way less cases just as covid-19 picks up and there can't possibly be a connection whatsoever? That's too much to be a coincidence imo. I could be wrong, sure, but something tells me that whatever the explanation is, the US suddenly becoming better at saving people from pneumonia isn't it, but if it is, then you have Trump to thank :D, it happened on his watch.

I'd like to know if there's another map of a different country where they report a similar trend of pneumonia cases dropping off way more than normal.

Trump.was dragged along into finally admitting it was a real problem. He didn't take the lead, he followed the dictates of a bipartisan legislature. Not to have done so would have been political suicide.

As for the fewer number of "seasonal flu" cases, I read that it's the end of the season so fewer cases would have been expected. To check this theory, you could look at past "seasonal flu" rates at this time of year, with no Covid-19 virus present.

CapAquaPis

The nodal periods in 3 winter seasons (covid19 like the cold and flu is most active in the winters) of 2019-20, 2020-21 and 2021-22 is similar to the SARS cov 1 pandemic of 2002-03, 2003-04 and it seemed to disappeared in the middle of 2004, thanks to better containment strategies because patients were more symptomatic in this case. Hopefully, the world will manage the rise of a new disease, whether it could mutate (3 known strains of covid19 in the world) or humanity adapts to it (a form of evolutionary challenge?) or a vaccine is discovered (within a year and they need to approve it in every country). New cases were reported in parts of China, a second wave is happening in East Asia and with experience, the ability to control covid19 would be easier for them.

david starling

We have got to adjust to the deleterious effects of 5G on our immune systems. It's being beamed at us 24/7, and it's not going away. If it's not this virus, it will be another, in addition to all of the other chronic diseases we're already dealing with from other forms of environmental degradation.

I'm responding by looking beyond Covid-19 and its mutations, and thinking long-term, overall, immune system support.

CapAquaPis

Back on the thread, there are 2 other possible scenarios of the nodal periods: Trump voted out of office will heavily divide the US and could challenge our stability in early 2021. And a possible conflict between the US and China with its allies known to oppose the US government in early 2022. Like Leomoon said on future events to divide a country and the world in a similar fashion covid19 would do (not by stay-at-home orders, more like riots and global warfare).

david starling

Back on the thread, there are 2 other possible scenarios of the nodal periods: Trump voted out of office will heavily divide the US and could challenge our stability in early 2021. And a possible conflict between the US and China with its allies known to oppose the US government in early 2022. Like Leomoon said on future events to divide a country and the world in a similar fashion covid19 would do (not by stay-at-home orders, more like riots and global warfare).

You don't see a resolve to strengthen our immune systems to be "on the thread"?

AppLeo

What I also learned.

How we're reacting to the virus is WAY more destructive than the actual virus itself. The virus is a mirror. It's reflecting the evils that are inside us. We will be the end of ourselves.

I'm honestly afraid for the future.

leomoon

I was thinking the same when I first saw the 2021 -22 dates. Likely, we'll have long ago had the immunity shots for Covid19...seems like something else may be "in the winds" of fate.

note: when I saw the astrology positions, I almost thought it was mine at the bottom of your post.

Mine too: Aries MC - Cancer Rising Saturn ruler of the Sun-Mer-Mars:tongue:

david starling

What I also learned.

How we're reacting to the virus is WAY more destructive than the actual virus itself. The virus is a mirror. It's reflecting the evils that are inside us. We will be the end of ourselves.

I'm honestly afraid for the future.

Just maintain your immune system. It's been said that we're "a nation of sheep", so no surprise about how we're reacting. :biggrin:

Even the Libertarians are going along with the program.

david starling

Constitution trumps Trump about lifting Covid lockdowns and protocols. He thinks he's above the law, as written. The protocols in this situation are under the control of the State governments, not the Federal, according to the very document that he swore an oath to uphold.

waybread

David, I agree with you. King Donald I actually does not have the constitutional authority he claims.

My experience of sheltering-in-place has actually been pretty good. Friends are phoning one another to see how we're all getting along. Our neighbors' main form of activity seems to be walking on the road in the afternoon, so we always greet each other (from a 6-foot distance) and ask how they're doing. Three neighbors posted a sign by some rural mailboxes, with their names and phone numbers, asking anyone who needed help to phone them.

My extended family literally is spread out from the Atlantic to the Pacific, but my sister and daughter are sending group emails almost daily to check in on our family members.

For Easter dinner, one of our neighbors dropped off a bottle of decent home-made wine for us.

If all goes as planned, my husband and I are moving to town (and selling our rural acreage) at the end of May. (The house is under contract, but I won't believe it until we actually have the money in the bank.) One of our neighbors who works at the local supermarket just dropped off a bunch of sturdy produce boxes for us to use for our packing.

So far as anyone knows, CV-19 has not come to our area yet. But with our local hospital having only 20 beds and one respirator, we don't take anything for granted.

Last edited: