Too good to be true: Why doesn't Saturn hit me hard right now?

Oceanis

Hello!
I've been preparing for the Saturn transit to square my natal sun and mercury and uranus. I've been waiting and waiting for this Doomsday, wondering what on earth could possibly happen to my life!
Well, in 2 weeks from now Saturn's transit will precisely square my these natal planets, but I don't feel anything.
I didn't have a fight at home or at work, nobody was sick, nobody died.
All that happens is A LOT OF WORK, ENDLESS, MOUNTAINS OF WORK, that have kept me up at night during all these holidays.

So is this it? :cool:Or is the Reaper coming to get me in 2 weeks sharp? :w00t::w00t::w00t::w00t::w00t:

Three possible reasons could justify Saturn's kindness:
a) I've worked hard enough and opressed my impulses, so there is no punishment right now :sick:.
b) My relocated Ascendant in 13 deg. Cancer benefits from the trine of transiting Jupiter in Scorpio and Neptune (feels dreamy, dizzy, very neptunian :whistling:
c) Saturn sextiles my natal jupiter and trines natal saturn, so it's all about hard work.

What are your thoughts on this please?
Should I relax:happy:, or is the Saturn effect coming any minute now:crying:?

katydid

I think you will be just fine. :innocent:

I don't think that Saturn squaring the Sun or Mercury etc, is as strong as when Saturn conjuncts or opposes said planets.

I do think that Saturn square Saturn is pretty powerful though. :alien:

Oceanis

Thanks so much Katydid! Sounds great!
Let me know if you have a question for me to reply. We are always better when objectively answer to other people's astro questions!:biggrin::biggrin:

katydid

Thanks so much Katydid! Sounds great!
Let me know if you have a question for me to reply. We are always better when objectively answer to other people's astro questions!:biggrin::biggrin:

Is your Uranus in Libra?

Are the Sun/Mercury in Libra too? Or are they opposed your Uranus?

If this Saturn transit is making a t-square of an opposition, then I can understand why you are concerned.

Sun/Mercury/Uranus energy is very creative, productive, energized, uniquely talented.

The Saturn can bring that creative inspiration into form and materialize a product.

OR, it can temporarily block it?

Oceanis

Wow, Katydid, you're good!
Cudos for your other posts on Chiron and 7 house Saturn, and many other topics :)

Yes, you guessed right: :cool:

Two major oppositions in natal chart:
LIBRA (7 deg) Uranus and relocated IC.
ARIES (4-6 deg) Sun, Mercury, CHIRON and Relocated MC.

TAURUS (7-13 deg) Saturn conj Mars = WORKAHOLIC to the point of insomnia !!!!!!!
SCORPIO (4-6 deg) Moon conj Jupiter = intuitive, sensitive, service-provider :)

Thanks so much! :tongue:

Lin

Saturn doesn't kill people.

Saturn is the structurer, the tester, the teacher, the one who shows "limitations."
and yes, other transits at the same time can modify Saturn's effects. Also, the way Saturn is positioned in the natal chart is meaningful and can modify some transits.

And yes, having worked on the Saturn "area" of your chart helps you avoid the worst limitations during difficult Saturn transits.

If you show your chart, I can be more specific,
LIN

Oceanis

Thanks Lin,

I 'd be grateful if you could please check out saturn :happy: in the uploaded natal chart.
The relocated chart has Ascendant in 13 deg.Capricorn, and MC conj Sun, mercury and Chiron around 3 deg. Aries. :biggrin:

Natal Saturn opposes Moon and Jupiter, and is 30 deg. away from natal sun etc.
In this transit, Saturn sextiles Moon and Jupiter, and squares natal sun etc.

Your thoughts would be most welcome!
Thanks.

Attachments

• Oceanis.Natal.Chart..gif
    Oceanis.Natal.Chart..gif
    47.7 KB · Views: 25
Last edited:

waybread

There is a truism of modern astrology that says that the more we have mastered the energies that a given planet represents, the less we are likely to feel hurt or disrupted by a hard transit from that planet.

Your natal chart suggests that you've been "majoring" in Saturn for your entire life, with your Saturn-Mars opposite your Jupiter-moon. You've had to "Saturnize" your emotions, faith, sense of luck, and assertiveness your whole life. If you've learned Saturn's lessons of restraint, self-discipline, and getting by on very little, then you should do just fine with hard Saturn transits.

Oceanis

Dear Waybread,
you are just AMAZING. You write so beautifully, that I d love to read any book you have written. Cause you deserve to be a published author.

By the way, yes, I had a crummy life, but have learned (later in life) how to jump into hell and bounce back ...

God bless you, in 5 sentences you touched my inner feelings .....

Love2Know

Dear Waybread,
you are just AMAZING. You write so beautifully, that I d love to read any book you have written. Cause you deserve to be a published author.

By the way, yes, I had a crummy life, but have learned (later in life) how to jump into hell and bounce back ...

God bless you, in 5 sentences you touched my inner feelings .....

Did you post your chart? Beautiful feedback. I hope you continue to have a progressively wonderful life and spread the beauty 😘

muchacho

Hello!
I've been preparing for the Saturn transit to square my natal sun and mercury and uranus. I've been waiting and waiting for this Doomsday, wondering what on earth could possibly happen to my life!
Well, in 2 weeks from now Saturn's transit will precisely square my these natal planets, but I don't feel anything.
I didn't have a fight at home or at work, nobody was sick, nobody died.
All that happens is A LOT OF WORK, ENDLESS, MOUNTAINS OF WORK, that have kept me up at night during all these holidays.

So is this it? :cool:Or is the Reaper coming to get me in 2 weeks sharp? :w00t::w00t::w00t::w00t::w00t:

Three possible reasons could justify Saturn's kindness:
a) I've worked hard enough and opressed my impulses, so there is no punishment right now :sick:.
b) My relocated Ascendant in 13 deg. Cancer benefits from the trine of transiting Jupiter in Scorpio and Neptune (feels dreamy, dizzy, very neptunian :whistling:
c) Saturn sextiles my natal jupiter and trines natal saturn, so it's all about hard work.

What are your thoughts on this please?
Should I relax:happy:, or is the Saturn effect coming any minute now:crying:?
Doomsday would be transiting Saturn conjunct your ASC, Moon or Sun. You won't miss those.

waybread

Doomsday would be transiting Saturn conjunct your ASC, Moon or Sun. You won't miss those.

Or maybe not. By the age of 29 or thereabouts, everyone will have had their first Saturn return, with Saturn hitting all those points. By age 58 or thereabouts, people enter their second Saturn return. So all those points have been hit twice. Most people live to tell the tale.

Plus, what about the lucky ones who are born with these placements?

muchacho

Or maybe not. By the age of 29 or thereabouts, everyone will have had their first Saturn return, with Saturn hitting all those points. By age 58 or thereabouts, people enter their second Saturn return. So all those points have been hit twice. Most people live to tell the tale.

Plus, what about the lucky ones who are born with these placements?
Sure, it's not that cut and dried in reality. But given that we are looking here at transits in a very superficial and general way, I stand by what I've said earlier.

ETA: From the vedic perspective, Saturn transiting her Sun should be a rather lucky period.

Last edited:

Oceanis

Would you mind sharing the rising point in your birth chart?

Ilene, natal ascendant would be 20 deg. Libra, but my relocation chart works most accurately and it id 15 deg. Cancer. So Saturn transit has also squared relocation MC. Also transiting Uranus has been squaring natal MC and opposing natal Asc, but all is good so far. No drama other than endless hard work, which teaches me a lot and is very gratifying.