Earth ruler?

Gemini888

There is no such thing as "earth ruler". Earth is an element, represented by Taurus, Virgo and Capricorn. There are only planet rulers. Taurus is the ruler of Venus, Virgo Mercury and Capricorn Saturn.

yuriv

Yeah, it's something considered by some people. Earth is assigned as a ruler of Taurus. It's also assigned as ruler of IC. Can't be proven but it sure does make sense to me.

Gemini888

Oh, so that's what you mean huh? Sorry for jumping the gun.

Now I'm curious about what Earth would represent if it's chosen. Could be something similar to Venus. But don't we already have Venus for that?

SunConjunctUranus

Oh, so that's what you mean huh? Sorry for jumping the gun.

Now I'm curious about what Earth would represent if it's chosen. Could be something similar to Venus. But don't we already have Venus for that?

Maybe it could virgo because they are a little bit slower then gemini when it comes to communication, learning, basic logic, analyzing, etc but they're little bit good in concentration than gemini. But are we have retrograde motions too in earth?

yuriv

Hahha of course not, earth won't be retrograde, at least till we start living on mars or anywhere else. I really think earth might be important in the chart, amean we are on earth right. Is there an explanation for why earth is always opposite the sun ?

SunConjunctUranus

Oh really? Sun always opp the earth, never hear of it.
But I strongly believe virgo should be the ruler of the earth. The evidence is they are more slow pace than gemini, people around the earth have their own routine, you know what mean? The medical/health is the most important in earth. Why shouldn't we give the earth ruled by virgo?

yuriv

I like taurus... Same vibe. Grounded. Materialistic. It's hard not to give either because they are earth signs primarily you know.

SunConjunctUranus

Hahha of course not, earth won't be retrograde, at least till we start living on mars or anywhere else. I really think earth might be important in the chart, amean we are on earth right. Is there an explanation for why earth is always opposite the sun ?

Yuriv, I've done my research on this but maybe on amateur level. I tried to playing around heliocentric and geocentric perspective natal chart in astro.com. Sun is in Aquarius (tropical) with geocentric when I was born and then I tried to look at the heliocentric the Earth is in Leo. So my conclusion: Sun is always in opposite sign with the Earth because the Sun is our center of our solar system as we know that evidence because of our more advanced technologies right now proves it. :rightful:

I'm not sure yet about the perspective of other planets. But it seems like the planets is always opposite too as the sign is mean to be the position of celestial objects.

Last edited:

yuriv

Yuriv, I've done my research on this but maybe on amateur level. I tried to playing around heliocentric and geocentric perspective natal chart in astro.com. Sun is in Aquarius (tropical) with geocentric when I was born and then I tried to look at the heliocentric the Earth is in Leo. So my conclusion: Sun is always in opposite sign with the Earth because the Sun is our center of our solar system as we know that evidence because of our more advanced technologies right now proves it. :rightful:

I'm not sure yet about the perspective of other planets. But it seems like the sign is always opposite too as the sign is mean to be the position of celestial objects.

I was thinking it was too easy, being that we are not the only planet opposite the sun.

SunConjunctUranus

I was thinking it was too easy, being that we are not the only planet opposite the sun.

Of course Yuriv, we are all amateur. Then
what are you mean sun opposite earth? What I understand is the locations based on sign that's why I'm saying this:

I'm not sure yet about the perspective of other planets. But it seems like the other planets is always opposite too as the sign is mean to be the position of celestial objects.

Btw your suggestions for taurus as the ruler of the earth is sound good too, let's see what are the new discovery on mars.

Last edited:

Osamenor

Staff member
Is there an explanation for why earth is always opposite the sun ?
Because astrology is created on earth.

The sun's sign is the backdrop the sun appears against, from the perspective of earth. In The Inner Sky, Steven Forrest compared it to photographing a friend from different parts of the room, while having the friend stay in the same spot. Photograph her from one angle, and it looks like she's next to the bookcase. From another angle, she might appear next to the sofa. Friend isn't moving, photographer is.

Earth is always opposite the sun because whichever sign we're seeing the sun against, people on the sun (if there were any) would see Earth against the backdrop of the opposite sign. Like in the analogy of posing your friend for a photograph: if you move around the room, your friend will see you in different parts of the room. You would still be opposite her, though: you couldn't take her photograph from right next to her. But if, say, you were standing next to the bookcase to take her picture, you would be conjunct the bookcase from her perspective. Move 90 degrees, and you would be square it, but still opposite her. Etcetera.

If astrology were created on another planet in our solar system, that planet would always be opposite the sun. However, the sun would not necessarily be in the same sign as it is on earth. Right now, for instance, if we were on Mars, the sun would be in Scorpio for us, because Mars is currently in Taurus. (Assuming that the sign placements were calculated the same way on Mars, of course.) Earth, meanwhile, would be in Virgo (sun currently being in Pisces from a geocentric perspective). We wouldn't be seeing Earth as opposite the sun in that case, but sextile to it. Which would change as Mars moves in its orbit.

Osamenor

Staff member
Im just imagine if human civilization starting in mars so how that would be the influence of the earth to human in mars. Thats what i mean.

That would depend on what earth does from a Martian perspective.

From the perspective of earth, Mars is the planet of self will, and aggression, and sex drive, to name a few attributes. On Mars, we would not have Mars as an astrological planet, so maybe those attributes would instead go to Earth. Or maybe they would be divided up among other planets.

SunConjunctUranus

That would depend on what earth does from a Martian perspective.

From the perspective of earth, Mars is the planet of self will, and aggression, and sex drive, to name a few attributes. On Mars, we would not have Mars as an astrological planet, so maybe those attributes would instead go to Earth. Or maybe they would be divided up among other planets.

Honestly, I'm surprised that you posted some answers in this "undistinguished" thread, ms Osamenor. Haha!

After learning astrology in just condensed of time, I think Aries and Scorpio must be remove in horoscope if human starting to live on Mars. I don't know yet how long Mars spin on its axis and it should be unbelievably different "hour marker" then us on Earth. Uranus and Neptune's light reflection and/or wind "might" have be sorely then in Earth. It's complicated for sure.

Yes, I like to watch Steve Forest's videos, he is using equal house which unique imo. That was exceptionally well answer to why Sun always opposite with Earth. Thank you! :biggrin:

Osamenor

Staff member
Honestly, I'm surprised that you posted some answers in this "undistinguished" thread, ms Osamenor. Haha!

After learning astrology in just condensed of time, I think Aries and Scorpio must be remove in horoscope if human starting to live on Mars. I don't know yet how long Mars spin on its axis and it should be unbelievably different "hour marker" then us on Earth. Uranus and Neptune's light reflection and/or wind "might" have be sorely then in Earth. It's complicated for sure.
The way the zodiac has been shaped also comes from an earth based perspective. On Mars, if there were astrology, signs might be identified and defined in an entirely different way. It's not just getting rid of the Mars-ruled signs: we would need a whole different astrology. Maybe an entirely different set of signs and rulers.

And that's just one planet. If there were an astrology developed on Venus, or Mercury, or Jupiter, it would be different still.

Yes, I like to watch Steve Forest's videos, he is using equal house which unique imo. That was exceptionally well answer to why Sun always opposite with Earth. Thank you! :biggrin:
I didn't realize he did use equal house. I've read a couple of his books and seen some of his lectures online, but not watched much in the video series. Now that I think about it, I don't remember him mentioning a particular house system.

SunConjunctUranus

The way the zodiac has been shaped also comes from an earth based perspective. On Mars, if there were astrology, signs might be identified and defined in an entirely different way. It's not just getting rid of the Mars-ruled signs: we would need a whole different astrology. Maybe an entirely different set of signs and rulers.

And that's just one planet. If there were an astrology developed on Venus, or Mercury, or Jupiter, it would be different still.

I see and understood to what you're saying, perhaps the images of constellations isn't human image, animals etc anymore. The image could be "robotic" likes of sign or "rockets" likes of sign. Haha!

It's always been a pleasure to me whenever ms Osamenor [and some others vet] explained some astrological informations and/or advice because it's clear and relatively easy to understand.

I didn't realize he did use equal house. I've read a couple of his books and seen some of his lectures online, but not watched much in the video series. Now that I think about it, I don't remember him mentioning a particular house system.

He actually said about it in here ---->>>> https://youtu.be/IohmcTNUbEc

The title of the video might be a whole sign but he said that he is using equal house. It's just 4 minutes long of videos.

And also, he is very respectful toward other form of astrology. He is very good role model for younger generations who are interested with astrology, in my opinion.

aldebaran

Moon gives emotion, Sun gives conscience.

If Earth gives something it must be way stronger than emotion or conscience, cause though Sun and Moon are big on the Sky, we happen to be on Earth.

Is there something bigger in ourselves than Emotion or Conscience? Perhaps that thing that some call "the prison of Euclydes" - though it might be actually the opposite of that.