Prince Rogers Nelson Dies at 57

sibylline

For time of passing -- Jupiter and Node in the 4th squ his natal Sun in the 8th.

Julia Karmic Astrology

Karmic issues:

Pisces Moon: Past lives as artist, poet, mystic, martyr, religious lives.
This soul has a strong desire to escape from every day life.

12h Neptune: This is said to be one of the most difficult karmic placements, and Neptune In Scorpio gives more intensity. A 12h Neptune has been called a “leaky aura” placement, or a soul with “divine homesickness.” This is a soul which incarnated feeling quite able to handle life on Earth, but once here, longs to return Home. This is a soul which hides, and may escape via religion, drugs, alcohol, mysticism, or be confined to an institution.

A 12h North Node has a strong desire to come off the karmic wheel, to no longer incarnate on earth. This is a soul focused on merging with the Divine. This soul will have taken on a great deal of personal, family and collective karma for the purpose of clearing all karmic debts in this lifetime.

Julia

deanna

Neptune in the 12th house should avoid anything mood altering-hense the pain killer issue he might of had due to his bad hips..

Prince promised his mom before she passed that he would become a Jehovah's witness. She wanted-insisted -that he should covert to her religion.

The pull of the moon/mother/4th house.

Then to continue in pain for over 10 years with bad hips-refusing surgery because of his/mothers faith...no blood transfusions..

I think there is a lot of psychology here with the mother..

Last edited:

Julia Karmic Astrology

Neptune in the 12th house should avoid anything mood altering-hense the pain killer issue he might of had due to his bad hips..

Prince promised his mom before she passed that he would become a jahova witness. She wanted-insisted -that he should covert to her religion.

The pull of the moon/mother/4th house.

Then to continue in pain for over 10 years with bad hips-refusing surgery because of his/mothers faith...no blood trasfusions..

I think there is a lot of psychology here with the mother..

Bingo.
His 4h moon is telling us that his mother in this life has been his mother in past lives.
And the Hades Moon (Moon/Pluto) tells us the story of the intense issues with mother in this life.

Kitchy

Banned
Yeah,

I'm wondering if yesterday's date aligned with something he had planned to do with or for his mom to get her back into his life, perhaps a life-long fantasy. I read that she passed in 2001, but I don't know when.

Just speculating, but something triggered a downfall and the fact that he was at home when he died makes me wonder - that and his cryptic words of "wait a few days before you start saying your prayers" as if he knew he would be gone after that. Strange. Truthfully, I don't care how he died, I just wanted to believe he would live forever. Something to do with mutual Neptune and Pisces aspects.

Truthfully, though - If I was Madonna right now, I'd be shaking in my boots.

Isn't it odd that we never saw buoyant happy pics (or at least, I never have) of Madonna and MJ and Prince together (all of the same time and age and phenomenon in the 80's / 90's ) arm in arm with each other in rejoice of their own time and age-magic. 1958-1959.

Last edited:

Kitchy

Banned
For time of passing -- Jupiter and Node in the 4th squ his natal Sun in the 8th.

This strikes me as fulfilling some kind of destiny that he felt with himself as a human - not as the performer. The not-so-subtle issue of death and dying and being okay with it.
I didn't know his mother was a Witness - but the timing with her death and his adherence to the principles, after such a long time of his life of doing things that could be considered not of scriptural purpose, sure makes sense.

Jupiter and Node in 4th -of death chart - combined with his moon in pisces in 4th....

or was it prophecy of his own making?

wowza

Julia Karmic Astrology

This strikes me as fulfilling some kind of destiny that he felt with himself as a human - not as the performer. The not-so-subtle issue of death and dying and being okay with it.
I didn't know his mother was a Witness - but the timing with her death and his adherence to the principles, after such a long time of his life of doing things that could be considered not of scriptural purpose, sure makes sense.

Jupiter and Node in 4th -of death chart - combined with his moon in pisces in 4th....

or was it prophecy of his own making?

wowza

I agree, wowza! Yes, he was comfortable and ready for his death, and the death is connected to his mother.

The death chart is consistent with the natal chart karmic markers.
Jup/NN means a big spiritual leap forward, the Moon is his past lives and his mother.
He wanted to return to his spiritual Home, to be in a place where he could be the mystic and poet, and not deal with earthly issues. And be re-united with this mother with whom he spent many past lives.

deanna

Prince's mother Mattie Shaw
DOB: 11/11/1933 Minneapolis, MN. She was a twin.
Died: 2/15/2002 Edina, MN
View attachment 59547
According to the Harvard Gazette, Prince was constantly moving during his childhood, changing addresses more than 30 times. The cultural critic Touré said in a talk at Harvard that Prince believed he had been abandoned by his mother.

“He kept a lot of feelings to himself,” Touré said. “He has been shaped by being functionally abandoned by his mother.”

Last edited:

Kitchy

Banned
Deanna -

Thanks for putting up his mom's birth date.

By quick glance of 1933 ephem - looks like his mom had 23-24' Mars Sag - which is fairly closely conjunct Prince's Saturn in 2nd at 22'. Seems like it could be a values-activation point for him.

It looks like Pluto was at about 17' Sag at her death - close enough, and in process, to both his Mars and her Saturn in his 2nd house. This tells me that he was preparing/undergoing a pretty huge transformation of values - and I think it was around this time, in the early-mid 2000's that he gave himself willingly to adherence of the Jehovah's Witness principles and practices, which his mother had hoped for him.

soratothamax

Okay, thank you Tim - that was/is my intention for this Thread . As you can see, there is a natal and event chart posted, and I view this thread as a 'work in progress' for myself and others who would like to offer their astrological opinions.

As you might see in my 2nd post - I highlighted significant "indicators" of Prince's talent/skills/etc - with the intent of breaking them down to study points.

I will delete the link to his song which I posted, since it may not be considered astrological.

SO..........

Shall we discuss the natal chart and how/where we might find the following Talking Points in it?

Possible Astrological Indicators in Natal Chart.....

showman and dancer and musician and instrumentalist
mars critical degree aries on 5th cusp - a "creator/creative force"
ruler of Asc conjunct MC. his persona was powerfully embraced by the masses and was his unique signature.

died at home/work
moon in 4th - end of life circumstance

homeland
moon in 4th - never left Minneapolis as "home"
feminine quality
ruler of 7th venus in 6th - opposing neptune 12th - he dressed in feminized matter, wore make up that diffused his masculinity

bucking of authority / rebellion

problems with contracts negotiated
ruler of 7th house Venus squaring Uranus

bondage/locking in others
moon/pluto opposition - 'possessing' 'not letting go'
saturn trine pluto - from 10th to 2nd - power of belief that others were 'possessions'?
sun-saturn opposition - from 2nd to 8th

child with a severe birth disability died a week after birth

converted to Jehovah's Witnesses

secretive, reclusive
neptune in 12th conjunct n.node. the aura of mystery - hiding from the world - and considering his public and private persona of Asc ruler on 10th trining neptune in 12th with node - his fitting destiny to live in the neptunian way of two different worlds.

Small of stature and fragile
in appearance
Asc ruler square Saturn in 2nd - restrictions and limitations due to his physical size. As well, 5th house Mars squaring Saturn in 2nd - I would guess that he may have even had an eating disorder or very limited diet, given Mars rulership of 6th house as well.

extremely athletic
shown by critical degree mars in Aries on 5th with the quinx to Pluto 10th - it seemed to be well known by others in his career, but not something he was ever given credit for other than in passing.

vulgar sexuality
Sun in 8th in mercurial gemini opposing Saturn - it was probably impossible for him to restrain the constant mental stimulation of his own sexuality.

These are just starting points for discussion - general at best - hope others will add in more depth and thanks to those who have already offered some insights into the natal chart.

Observing Neptune in the 12th, I'm sure he was quite an introspective person, with hidden sensitivities, insecurities, and fears. Perhaps he took certain sedatives to calm his nerves and no one knew of it. Something could've been eating at him within, which is what caused the nerves he was feeling hours before his death. He took many pills, first taking pain medications for his hips, then he may have taken something to neutralize his epilepsy, at the time, he was taking pills to neutralize the flu symptoms, and he may have other medications he was taking. He was unresponsive on the plane when they made an emergency landing (possible medication overdose), and it was hidden from the public until after his passing.

Edit: Looks like I was right. Hidden phobias...http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...mer-drug-dealer-reveals-extent-addiction.html

Interesting enough, I have Saturn in 2nd, and I'm quite frail in the same way. Being a vegan, I'm sure he didn't have all of the nutrients he needed. He had to take certain supplements. With Venus in the 6th, he never had a problem caring for his health before, but possibly had indulgent tendencies. Possibly loved work and over-did things.

Focusing on the fact that he may have been dehydrated...and the fact that he was left alone at his estate, knowing how he had been "unresponsive" on the plane before. Anyone peep an aspect or house placement that reflects this?

I want to add that he has the same Moon sign MJ had. They both had mothers who were Witnesses. Both had Moon-Pluto aspect. Both were very sensitive and recluses. Both suffered drug addictions (but considering the generation, Prince being close to Pluto in Virgo and MJ having Pluto in Virgo, they were drugs for dealing with mental and physical health). Both had Venus in 6th (they loved their work and strangely died around the time they had worked their hardest).

Last edited:

Kitchy

Banned
Soro -

I found that interesting, too - the connection of the Witness mother's to both MJ and Prince. Did not know that MJ had Moon Pluto too.

The Hades Moon is indeed private and reclusive when it comes to home and family - and even more so, I imagine if you have an entire planet of people wanting to get at you - get to you - get a piece of you.

I just read that Prince had a small memorial of family and close friends and that there will be no public memorial, nor disclosure of where his cremated remains will be kept. Moon-Pluto showing at its finest and strongest for intentional privacy even after death.

deanna

Also note that Prince was cremated on April 23 and this is traditionally been Shakespeare's birthday.

Going through my book of ruler ship and trying to zoom in on Prince's illness:
-------------
Bones in general rule Saturn/Capricorn and the 10th house.

Ankles rule: Aquarius/Uranus/11th house

Hips, hip disease, dislocation of hip joints: 9th house/Jupiter/Sagittarius

Bone, diseases of, broken or dislocated bones: Capricorn/Saturn

Last edited:

sibylline

Prince's mother Mattie Shaw
DOB: 11/11/1933 Minneapolis, MN. She was a twin.
Died: 2/15/2002 Edina, MN
View attachment 59547
According to the Harvard Gazette, Prince was constantly moving during his childhood, changing addresses more than 30 times. The cultural critic Touré said in a talk at Harvard that Prince believed he had been abandoned by his mother.

“He kept a lot of feelings to himself,” Touré said. “He has been shaped by being functionally abandoned by his mother.”

I wonder what time she was born but his Pluto likely conjuncts her Moon and her own Moon is conjunct Neptune.

deanna

Could someone please do a horary chart asking if Prince has a will?

I can't believe he would not have one.

My assumption is that if there is a will the church would get most of it.

I envision him being a humanitarian up to the end.

Thanks !

Kitchy

Banned
I have known and loved many Witnesses in my life - and I know for fact that although the organization accept gifts willingly and thankfully, they NEVER ask members for money or bequests, never.... So, if he opted for that - let's hope it's understood for what it was - unsolicited benevolence.

I could not imagine that as an astute businessman as he was, he didn't have things wrapped up. Geez - any performer who flies on planes or travels on busses on regularity would likely make sure that in case of accidental death - they would know where their fortune would end up.

I'm not into the horary idea for this, personally, but maybe someone will want to cast it for curiosity - But I will add, that if this get off topic from it and begins to be overiddden negative comments or opinions of JW's - I will ask admin to intervene. I have seen it happen before on forums. As well, there would be even more guilt of my own for opening up such a thread about him, because he would likely be the first to say, if he knew - "don't use astrology to define me."

Aside from that - He had Jupiter ruler of 2nd* and posited in 11th house - so my guess is that he will have 'gladly' offered up bounty to the many human charities he had involved himself with since he made his first dollar.

Not sure where you're coming from with the question posed, but I sense it might be self-directed interest. No hard feelings, just standing up for the rights and right to beliefs of a man I have respected and admired for over 30 years. Plus - sometimes, this is how threads get skewed.

Peace Fingers - K

Last edited:

deanna

There is no self interest involved with posing the question on casting a horary chart to ask the question if Prince had a will.

I have been reading about all the good deeds that Prince has done and I was hoping those good deeds continued - be it through his church or his loved ones that want to carry on his legacy.

Thanks!

Kitchy

Banned
Right on. Like I said, no harm no foul - just wanted to make sure we stay on track of Prince's goodness and not let it swerve. I know he was a very active contributor in his moony home of Minne - which probably you know more first-hand than what I've read or learned.

I think his steadfast belief of principles and financial concern with his 'neighborhood' can be seen in his Jupiter - Uranus aspect, rulers of 2nd and 3rd. I read that he contributed greatly to a community garden program in Minneapolis - telling me even more about his reliance and belief in self-sufficiency.

Oddity

There is no self interest involved with posing the question on casting a horary chart to ask the question if Prince had a will.

I have been reading about all the good deeds that Prince has done and I was hoping those good deeds continued - be it through his church or his loved ones that want to carry on his legacy.

Thanks!

Horary wouldn't work in a case like this unless you expected to be a beneficiary or had some other compelling interest.

It's been a long time since I lived in the States, or practised law, but unless things have changed radically, and I don't believe they have, probate is still a matter of public record. So you could check that.

sibylline

Going through my book of ruler ship and trying to zoom in on Prince's illness:
-------------
Bones in general rule Saturn/Capricorn and the 10th house.

Ankles rule: Aquarius/Uranus/11th house

Hips, hip disease, dislocation of hip joints: 9th house/Jupiter/Sagittarius

Bone, diseases of, broken or dislocated bones: Capricorn/Saturn

This also got me curious about his chart re: ill health. I'm not well-practiced in medical astrology but a couple of things stood out to me:

Hip issues -- Mars rules the 6th and is square Saturn (bones) in Sagittarius (hips). Mars also traditionally rules the 1st house (physical body)

Epilepsy -- Afflicted Gemini (central nervous system) Sun and Mercury, also Venus in 6th square Uranus (neural activity)