What is Gemini and Sagittarius?

starlink

Re: Thanks, to Flea

Yes Flea, very informative and totally descriptive of your Sun and Ascendant. Your Saturn is in the (late?) 10th or on the cusp of the 11th or in the 11th right? That could explain the "not being comfortable in crowd" tendency and the Jupiter on the Ascendant the fact that you can "act" sociably and are popular.Cant imagine the Moonnode in 12 being solely responsible for your shyness.

Frisiangal

Re: Gemini and Sagittarius, to Yoi

flea said:
Hi,

I am another Gemini rising and Sun Sag. This axis is further complicated by jupiter on the ascendant and mercuryR Sag opposing a gemini 12H north node.
So my chart ruler is residing with my sun.

With the sun on the descendant I can focus totally on the other person and forget to define my own needs.

*I do teach in University (Merc Sag) so I am capable of "preaching".

*I live in a foreign country but do not travel OS often. I make many many small journeys locally.

*In group work teaching at Uni I am either in observation mode or preaching/doing mode. Information going in and infornmation going out. I dont think it is possible to do both at the same time.

Hi again Flea,

I can't find the post in which you supplied your chart. I think it interesting how you have managed to combine the retro. Mercury and Jupiter as you have when both are in their detriment signs. I remember a teenage client who had a similar combination, AND in the 3rd/9th houses, and although he had the ability, he just wasn't interested in furthering his education. He left school s.a.p, became a council gardener (Venus in Capricorn). By the time he was in his late 20's he was designing and landscaping private gardens in which he made a small fortune:) .

Do you teach in a foreign language at university? E.g. English in a foreign school, or the language of the country that is not your own native language?
Or does Mercury work through Virgo's exact sciences?

In a number of charts I've seen with Jupiter in the Ascendant, people have had the definite look that makes them stand out as 'foreign' in the country in which they take up residence. They feel it too. Do you find this? I have a strong 9th house residency and although I have lived abroad for over 40 years, I am still described as 'the English lady' when people do not know me by name.

F.

flea

Re: Gemini and Sagittarius, to Yoi

Hi Fr.

Your client reminds me of my brother, landscape gardener with venus in virgo. I have venus in aquarius in the 9th, so love of philosophical ideas fits.

Here's my chart hopefully...
s...talchart-1.png

I teach in an architecturual school. Art is a big thing for me. Never been good at foreign languages, yet strangely my brother speaks about five fluently.

I dont stand out and often people dont realise I am foreign. Oh I just realised Jup is Retro too. Inner belief yet no real external expression of jup on the ascendant.

I am wondering whether the planets in 6thH can be to do with reserve or shyness in reply to starlink's query.

I do find it interesting that both Merc and Jup are in the signs of detriment opposite their exaltation. It looks like it is all mixed up. Though maybe that is an advantage in combining the energies. My relocation chart puts Pluto/Uranus on the ascendant and gem on the MC and Sag on the Nadir. With a 3rd house sun the gem/sag axis is still concerned with my angles.

Love and Light
Flea

starlink

Hello Fly, yes, this time your chart worked and I printed it out. As to the shyness, I guess it is the greater amount of planets below the horizon making you more of an introverted person and Saturn in the 10th + Chiron (insecure socially)! put the icing on the cake if you ask me. Also Chiron conjunct 11th housecusp (groups) is showing you are not comfortable with groups. You very much need physical freedom, no attachments (Venus in Aquarius, Ascendant square Uranus conj.Pluto and Uranus square Sun and widely squaring your Sun ruler. Working with others could be difficult for you. You need a lot of freedom of expression there and you could challenge others with your very analytical and critical mind. Yet, with Sun and Mercury and Neptune as co-ruler of Sag. all in 6th house, you are service oriented and like to help others which gives you a sense of emotional selfworth I think, but at the same time could create friction on a deeper level (Moon in Cancer in 2 in opposition to the ruler of the 6th, Mars, in the 8th). Your strong inner sense of believe (Jupiter retrograde conj. Ascendant) will probably give you more "security in yourself" in the end, after you have dealt with the opposition to your Sun, ruler of 4th (childhood experiences). Pluto conj. Uranus could be the key to freeing yourself from the past. (T-square with Sun and Sun ruler).
:)

flea

Thanks Starlink,
Very perceptive, I have had problems working with superiors, I think I must challenge them deeply somehow. With co-workers and students it is usually mutually supportive and enjoyable. I am only now realising a deep need to explore myself unhindered, after the end of eighteen year relationship, but still have need of attachment, maybe a tricky one (sag sun cancer moon).

I was thinking that your reply relates strongly to freedom of expression which I understand is very Sagittarian, how is this value mirrored in the sign of gemini generally?? Also thinking that Uranus is Aquarian ruler so what is the connection there to sagittarius.

Anyway thankyou, will explore childhood experiences, seems there might be a possibility of something hiding there!

Love and Light
Flea

starlink

Hello Flea, I came to the "freedom of expression" because of your Uranus in the 5th house of selfexpression, making aspects to both your Sun and the ruler of the Sun and Ascendant. Through Gemini, that often results in writing a book in which you express some sort of opinion or life phylosophy.
A Saggittarius is often quite extreme in it's opinions (depending of course on other aspects in the chart)and just says whatever is on his or her mind. They somehow have a clear idea about a certain thing and then like to "preach" this to others if you will. That is of course also a sort of free expression of ideas. Uranus is of course strongly related to "live and let live" phylosophy of life. They always say what is on their mind, honestly and directly, sometimes shocking others in the process. Uranians are extremists and often highly original and restless, hence the association with freedom. A very strong feeling of brotherhood as well, (UNICEF). So the connection to your Saggittarius Sun makes for an even more intens necessity to be able to do what you want, not to follow orders (if at all possible). Jupiter expands the Uranium energy. Quite energetic! Also, the co-ruler of your 5th house of expression, Venus, is situated in Aquarius! in the house of Saggittarius. How much more freedom do you want??!! and the is sextile to the ruler of your Ascendant Mercury.
You could write you know and with the ruler of the 3rd, Moon, in the 2nd, trine ruler of MC! Yes, that is also teaching for a living, but maybe writing as well.

Last edited:

flea

Starlink, This is quite a fascinating train of thought. Someone else on this site mentioned merc in sag energy appropriate for writing a book. A palmist I know also mentioned a talent for writing shown in my headline fork among other things. I have left working for other people, and do realise this is because I was not happy following someone else's plan. I did have some problems in childhood regarding writing but I think it is something I will consider, studying again last year opened up writing and I did get good feedback on my case studies my supervisor read it three times, thats never happened before. I will keep it in mind Have to find something worth the writing!! Painting and drawing have been my passions and talents, though unconventional and I didn't study it, I didn't want to be told how to do it, I wanted to find my own way. This all figures now. I would like to combine the two somehow.

Another thing I thought about regarding gem asc conj jup is that people regularly assume I am much younger than I am it is the most common response I get from new people. They end up quite shocked when they know. This also means my experience is underestimated as a down side. I was wondering if this had a bearing on the gem/sag. My family is all the same. Dad and Bro have gem moons and sister is a sag sun/merc.

L&L Flea

starlink

Hi Flea, thanks for the update and I am also glad that I saw something that has been seen by others as well. Combining painting and drawing (my hobbies as well, I did 2 years academy but Astrology has taken over! Probably later in retirement when I live somewhere in a cute little places in France.... dream, dream!!). You could combine writing and painting, drawing your own pictures, and childrens books would be one possibility. It is a bit difficult to draw pictures for a novel, dont you think? But do try it, by all means.
Looking young is typical Gemini I think. Somehow Gemini's never stop being young, in body and in mind. Also Saggitarius because of the positive aura they (usually) have around them. But I really dont know if this is astrologically possible to see (the exterior I mean). My ex husbands family is formed by Cancers, Gemini's, Virgo's and Taurusses. They all look at least 10 years younger then they are. My ex, 65 this year, has maybe 2 grey hairs and not a bold spot on his head, no way, loads of thick, curly hair! Then I myself look(dont want to boast, this comes from others, believe me) also at least 10 years younger. The other day a boyfriend of my 35 year old daughter saw a photograph of me and my 31 year old son and he said to her, "nice picture of you and your brother". She was furious!(even though she wants to look older because she also looks way too young for her age). My last lover was 15 years younger than me!! And what am I? Taurus, Asc. 28° Scorpio (whole first house in Sag. so who knows, maybe it is the Saggitarius influence). Nothing Gemini or Virgo with though, only Sun in the 6th house. My daughter is Aries but has 5 planets in Gemini! She will be forever young I think. Gemini girlfriend of mine, 58 years, looks like 48. Oh well, I think it is genes really. My mom looked ever so young as well, hardly a wrinkle at 70! If people doubt your experience, show them your passport and your diploma's, that will silence them!