Jealousy - a dangerous passion.

memento mori

Jealousy is a complex feeling that has many great ppl defining it. it seems there are so many sides of it...

Recently I read this excellent book about neurosis which describes clinical pictures of jealousy. Here is a shortened version of that chapter:
jealousy is a mixed feeling of hurt self confidence, desire to fully poses your partner, madness, doubt, and self torture. Fully noting the diference between normal jealousy from projected and pathologic jealousy Freud wrote that in normal jealousy analyticly there's not much to say and that it is made out of sadness and pain from imaginary loss of object and narcisissistic injury.
that being said, what are the common aspects that are being connected with narcissism?

here's another important point:
if jealousy is absent from the character it is considered to be powerfull repressing of this feeling and in a more unconceous level it plays a huge role
this makes me wonder which is the least jalous sign. My superficial astrological knowledge would say Aquarius or GEmini maybe?

Projected jealousy in both men and women comes , according to Freud, from their own actual infidelity that is reperssed.
In insane jealousy tendency to infidelity is also repressed, but the object is same sex as the subject, according to formula: i don't love him, she is the one that does
Melanie Clein takes another approach
Jealousy is lust stimulated by fear. Jealous person is afraid to lose what she posseses...
jones, similar to Freud, claims jealousy to be conjoined 3 emotions: sadness, hate and narcissism.
here's something that connects this subject with the subject of SM that Shining Ray wrote so skillfully on
Riviere considers that the origin of jealousy is in the oral erotic phase and oral-sadistic phase of child's development and Seidenberg sees jealousy asa repercussion from edipal struggle with castration fear.
this makes me wonder should we see imbalance between parental representatives in ones chart.

desire to posses. Adler rightfully defined jealousy as degradation of other , that is, as a special form of lust for power [domination]. Most jealous people are tied to the feeling of inferiority and a constant desire to make up for these emotiones. Therefor we cab say it's not just a sexual feeling but majorly for will for power, desire to dominate and master others.

most commonly jealousy is repressed desire for infidelity, homosexuality, narcissism and inability to bear loss.

In most these interpretation narcissism plays an important role so I'm dying to ask, do u feel that these jealous partners u've mentioned were narcissistic?

and there's always Cain's complex "the most jealous are those who can't love and they must be loved" ...

:D that's it for now. i feel like I've gone overboard
MM

athan

Hi to all!
I find the topic of the thread quite interesting :D .
I am Taurus Sun Scorpio asc and Cancer Moon. I am not so sure about my jealousy although I do feel that way sometimes. Usually I am on top of it and I don't act it out. I guess it must be Saturn in Leo conj.MC conj. Hera that saves the day :cool:
Do you think that my Moon trine Mars in Pisces although a positive aspect has to do anything with the jealousy feeling I have sometimes???

Last edited:

Jeremy

Charm said:
Mars square Pluto (even though orb is 9 degr) is always an indicator of temper or abuse.
I am always appreciative of a nicely sweeping statement ;)

Okay, this is a slightly out-of-date thread, but my interest was piqued when I read this because I too have Mars square Pluto. There is some truth to it, because when I was young I had a bit of a temper, I would throw something and stamp about a bit but really, that's it; if I was really mad I might push someone, but I would never hit or abuse another person.

Now, at worst, I get a little irritated, like now (joking). Mars square Pluto creates an uncomfortable intensity to any feelings of anger that arise. I think that exactly describes the aspect and I would challenge anyone with this aspect to say different, however, if the anger is acknowledged, then there is no need for the intensity to manifest and cause the disomfort. If you have Mars square Pluto then you learn pretty quick to manage your anger because it is easier than not managing it.

I personally believe that a transformed Pluto Mars square is a fantastic asset, because it gives you superhuman energy. I can channel it into communicating very well (I have Mars in the 3rd) and I can easily write 10,000 words a day on forums, blogs and in my books. I also read maybe 20 books a month (although mostly on occult, metaphysical or astrological subjects). That is Pluto square Mars, I certainly have no sense of the abuse that is supposedly 'guaranteed' by it, even if I can see how it might be a contributing factor in this case, but even so, 9 degrees seems a little 'weak' really for such a dramatic expression.

As for jealousy, then the Pluto conjunct Mercury in Libra, as someone has so astutely pointed out before is almost certainly a big factor. Pluto in Libra alone creates obsession in relationships, so there is a clue.

Peace, one and all,
Jeremy

Interesting post, seemed to have missed.

Maybe it would pay to visit the "Bullying" post where I talk about how I attract jealous people:
http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=9371

But yes, you'd think its something scorpionic. One jealous relative of mine has a terrible square involving sun-merc (sco) and moon-pluto (leo).

Another is simply sco rising.

And sco in libra being obsessive in relationships (as Jeremy mentioned) might be a valid point.

Jeremy

Here is an interesting observation on the effect of Pl/Ma in relationship by the great man:
Reinhold Ebertin from *The Influence of Pluto on Human Love Life* said:
The connection of Mars and Pluto in love life and marriage is of importance only if other stellar bodies conjoin. Such a connection denotes violence which, in the life together, does not exactly contribute to harmony. The horrifying example of this is the mass-murderer Dr. PETIOT, born 17.1.1897. In his cosmogram, Dr. PETIOT had an exact square of Venus to Mars conjunct Pluto.

Interesting, I think you'd agree, both rulers of Scorpio conjoined distressing Venus, seems apt rather than distressing each other.

Jeremy

NeptuneAscendant

Scorpio and Taurus are very jealous signs. Pluto is the planet of jealousy. A person is jealous if Pluto is making a negative aspect to their Sun or Moon. Jealous in love if a negative aspect to their Venus.

Moulin

4leafclovah said:
Ewww, thats creepy!:mad:

More than creepy.. that's totally ****** up! :eek:

My gosh, l can't believe he was a meek and mild Libra sun, Pisces moon lol
How on earth did he become so obsessively jealous. It's not human.

aquarius7000

NeptuneAscendant said:
Scorpio and Taurus are very jealous signs. Pluto is the planet of jealousy.
Thanks for the info, but have to say that I've never heard of Taurus as a jealous sign. I know quite a few Taureans, and they come across to me as very realxed and unbiased, anything but not jealous, when compared to the other zodiacs. :confused:

about taurus not being jealous... I had two taurus boyfriends (seems my taurus moon likes them a lot), and oh my, highly possessive and jealous,both of them, one in a very passive way, the other more actively -that´s why that one got dumped very fast, my venus in aquarius rejected, the first one activated my neptunian side and it was painful-, both made me feel a bit as a trophy girlfriend, someone they were interested more due to accomplishments and strong personality and what that gave to them, than actually interested in my self (maybe it´s the possessions side of taurus). This behaviour stretched to their friendships as well.

(you are right on them being utterly relaxed, mind you, but I think the jealousy gets triggered when they feel threatened someone will take away their belongings -or in this case, the partner- from them)

Moulin

aquarius7000 said:
Thanks for the info, but have to say that I've never heard of Taurus as a jealous sign. I know quite a few Taureans, and they come across to me as very realxed and unbiased, anything but not jealous, when compared to the other zodiacs. :confused:

We Taureans are possessive. Unfortunately this is misconstrued and we are then pigeon-holed and labeled as "jealous"

It's not true though... we are simply possessive!

Yes, we are unbiased and laid back... but hey, there has to be something to biatch about us, right? :D:D

aquarius7000

I think, everybody's a little jealous now and then, we are all human after all, and we all value our 'possessions', so we all share the goods and bads. Only some signs live out certain traits more actively and intensely depending on many aspects in the chart compared to others.

No sign can be deemed as simply good or bad, or jealous and not at all jealous so to speak, but yes, some are more predisposed to a certain negative trait 'x' (thanks to their planetary rulers), whilst another sign may practise a negative trait 'y'

I mean Uranus does make us 'Aquarians' more predisposed to 'unpredictability' than those 'stable' Taureans ;)

Last edited:

Moulin

sure, i dig Aquarius but Taureans really are not jealous. I have many Taurean friends and none of them have ever shown signs of jealousy.

It's not in our nature :)

wintersprite1

Premium Member
Erickaf said:
what do you guys feel about Aires people? They seem very jealous!

With all my fire sign friends, I have noticed an envy usually based off an "entitlement"... like "Hey, that SHOULD be mine".

Each sign has it's own disposition, but it really depends upon a person's development. That any sign can find that epiphany of "Wow, I don't own anyone, I can not think for them and tell them what is right or wrong based off of MY own desires. If I care for them separate from my own needs, I want them to be themselves fully.... what ever that may entail." Jealousy flies right out the window and is replaced with compassion.

TK

Raquel

sometimes i get so jealous i am to the point of tears & rage. i wish i could change...its so immature and petty. just thinking of something that can make me jealous...i go into a fit. I am a scorpio...but i thought my moon in acqua would calm me down a bit & with my venus in saggitarius too:confused: .

Everybody says that Venus in Sag is not jealous, but the truth is that I'm venus in sag and I'm crazily jealous... paranoid, suspicious...
I do not have aspects with Mars, or bad aspects with pluto... I just have pluto in Scorpio, and scorpio in the 4th house...

So... I would say, maybe, Sag is jealous yes, because of his ego and he wants to be admired from his partner.
Not afraid to be alone, but afraid of his pride and ego being stabbed.

(I have moon in Pisces)

Hkk

Account Closed
Dangerous in love - i have sag Venus and I’m not jealous. Depends on aspects.

I have met Taurus who are jealous. I know ppl say Scorpio are jealous but I know a few scorpios and haven’t seen them get jealous. Taurus are
Possessive too but not in a nasty way. They are naturally unintentionally possessive.

aquarius7000

Dangerous in love - i have sag Venus and I’m not jealous. Depends on aspects.

I have met Taurus who are jealous. I know ppl say Scorpio are jealous but I know a few scorpios and haven’t seen them get jealous. Taurus are
Possessive too but not in a nasty way. They are naturally unintentionally possessive.
I have Venus in Pisces, so I should be least jealous. But that is not the case always. Why? Because you should always look at all personal planets. I have Moon-Mars.