Pluto 11th house-- what in the world does it do?

UraSatVen1029

I'm not sure what to feel about my Pluto in the 11th house. It's in sagittarius, and Scorpio is my 11th house cusp. Will I be intense about Humanity? Groups? Networks? What other stuff is there in 11th house? The mass?

Will I attract powerful people or manipulative people? What's the effect projected by native if their pluto is in their 11th house?

Espeon

Your intensity will be directed towards social reforms lol? How humanity takes religion, social justice, morals, optimism, sports, exploration? Perhaps a transformation or cleansing regarding to those themes for you is to occur? Just wild guesses tho. :)

aquarius7000

Pluto in the 11th house can mean that you need to be careful of shady people/ friends. This constellation can also get you to know people that are in some way powerful in society. It can also mean that you may have a lot of friends and then, at some stage in your life, have almost none (extremes).

Kannon

I don't agree with the above interpretation as it is cautiously defensive and entirely contrary to the entire objective of the Plutonian energy, which is empowerment above and beyond transient circumstances. Pluto holds the 'beyond death' significance and taps into the unconscious levels of potential and godseed within.

Certainly there is a theme of 'group empowerment' implied with Pluto in 11th, but it is ultimately about what you do with it personally. It isn't about what is 'projected', but about your internal process. Remember, Pluto was god of the underworld ... it is about what is subterranean and deep within you. Others, even groups may trigger these kinds of developments within you, but you benefit to the extent you can understand the difference between real power and force. Force and dominance will get you nothing but the same in return, as those are 'power over (others)'.

Ultimately this placement holds the potential for effectiveness in group dynamics, towards group aims to the extent that you are anchored with a personal reference to the charge you have over your internal being. Conversely, if this is your Pluto's true natal position, you'll probably best learn those things in the context of group dynamics.

Joan McEvers and Marion March in Volume 1 of their "The Only Way to Learn Astrology" series say Pluto in the 11th house indicates a "strong communal sense", an "urge to reform" ... interest in worldly affairs, "may participate in reform movements or social improvements."

Pepperpot

I have Pluto in the 11th and it has brought me many insights into group dynamics. Yes beware of people trying to manipulate you. prentending they are some thing they are not. Also if your own motives. Some kind of element of power either for good or bad will come into play with groups or groups of friends. Are your friends manipulating you? Do they have powe mr over you or vide versa? I have Pluto in 11th conjuct moon. Meaning people emotionally abuse me or I can do sane to them. 🙃 It swings both ways Pluto. Good and bad. Giver and taker or power.

UraSatVen1029

Pluto in the 11th house can mean that you need to be careful of shady people/ friends. This constellation can also get you to know people that are in some way powerful in society. It can also mean that you may have a lot of friends and then, at some stage in your life, have almost none (extremes).

I'm not sure if I have befriended *powerful* people yet. I have Scorio in that cusp, so I'm very tight on my circle of friends. But what I do realize is that I'm friends with the ones usually who have some Scorpionic power in their personality, or is coming from a Rich family with big businesses, or the ones who have a lot of contacts from different places (the ones that might help me advance into my career), or the ones who are fake and will backstAb me.

I've experienced the last one in my younger days, a lot.

UraSatVen1029

Your intensity will be directed towards social reforms lol? How humanity takes religion, social justice, morals, optimism, sports, exploration? Perhaps a transformation or cleansing regarding to those themes for you is to occur? Just wild guesses tho. :)

Makes sense for me! I can see that happening :)

UraSatVen1029

I have Pluto in the 11th and it has brought me many insights into group dynamics. Yes beware of people trying to manipulate you. prentending they are some thing they are not. Also if your own motives. Some kind of element of power either for good or bad will come into play with groups or groups of friends. Are your friends manipulating you? Do they have powe mr over you or vide versa? I have Pluto in 11th conjuct moon. Meaning people emotionally abuse me or I can do sane to them. 🙃 It swings both ways Pluto. Good and bad. Giver and taker or power.

I've had friends who backstabbed me and faked a friendship with me :haha: I'm not sure how power over friends comes into play though. Even them power over me as well. I also have Mercury in the 11th house, and I read somewhere that it also means that friends come and go very often with this placement (?) and I find that to be very true, exactly why I'm paranoid and depressed about having a group of friends and belonging into one. In a way, the groups of friends I've had over the years have trnasformed me into someone who is now emotionally and socially independent. I used to be the one who's always following what a group is doing, it didn't if it was good or bad (and this was dangerous) but ever since Pluto transited on my 1st house, I was able to spot this by digging deep and forced myself to change.

Kannon

You don't seem to agree with anyone.

As far as I'm concerned that interpretation was on key.

We share a fundamental agreement with astrology as worth our time. However, I don't have a problem voicing disagreement when I feel it is appropriate since I've spent two decades studying enough to know what I'm talking about.

As to the Pluto placement interpretation, it is all a matter of whether you want to live in an empowered posture or a defensive one that anticipates the negative. None of us can realize the purposes and potentials inherent in astrological energies while doing the latter.

AppLeo

We share a fundamental agreement with astrology as worth our time. However, I don't have a problem voicing disagreement when I feel it is appropriate since I've spent two decades studying enough to know what I'm talking about.

Fair enough.

aquarius7000

Correct, Pluto always involves power plays of some sort. They usually take time to manifest and come to light, but that happens.

...or is coming from a Rich family with big businesses, or the ones who have a lot of contacts from different places (the ones that might help me advance into my career), or the ones who are fake and will backstAb me...
Yes, both those situations reflect what I said earlier. Where Pluto is, manipulation in some form always happens. The rest of the chart will determine whether you are more the initiator of the manipulation or the victim. People with big businesses will have a certain influence in their immediate society, and are thus *powerful* in their own way. They can help you climb the ladder. However, at some point in time, they might try to manipulate you to get the favour back in their own way. Had it been Jupiter or the Sun, it could have been pure benevolence, or perhaps the need to shine (the Sun), but nothing underhanded/shady.

Espeon

^ I like how Aquarius7000 said it. I've seen people with Sun or Moon conjunct Pluto, in all cases manipulation is present in their lives. They may have been victims of family members, but all of them have potential of becoming strong... whether it is that they become master manipulators themselves or people who spot and stand against manipulation!

In your case, would you see yourself as someone who would prefer not be manipulated by any group, mass or community? You can become very familiar with themes revolving around peer pressure and how masses can be controlled. Pluto however will demand hard work and journey to the underworld before healing can happen.

UraSatVen1029

^ I like how Aquarius7000 said it. I've seen people with Sun or Moon conjunct Pluto, in all cases manipulation is present in their lives. They may have been victims of family members, but all of them have potential of becoming strong... whether it is that they become master manipulators themselves or people who spot and stand against manipulation!

In your case, would you see yourself as someone who would prefer not be manipulated by any group, mass or community? You can become very familiar with themes revolving around peer pressure and how masses can be controlled. Pluto however will demand hard work and journey to the underworld before healing can happen.

I'm already plutonian in nature as I have Sun, Mercury and Venus in Scorpio. 11th house cusp is in Scorpio. I don't have it in conjunct, but I have Moon sextiling Pluto and Sun+Venus semi-sextiling Pluto. Not only is my Pluto in the 11th house, so is Mercury, and quite possibly Chiron (it's at the end of 10th house so I also consider it 11th house as well).

Well... manipulation was obvious at my younger years. Lol, kids at my age back then were shady to me. It was like, they let you join in and have fun role playing, the next, they go to the bully to help them bully me ( I was bullied as a kid ). I did everything to please them so i could fit in. I wanted to play, but apparently they didn't like me much so they decided to be fake. And it all started there! My paranoia and obsession of finding a group to belong to and control them and keep them with you so they don't leave.

But I keep failing in this one. I've got tons of group friends now but they don't last long. It was depressing cuz all I wanted was to be part of one, and feel belongingness in there. I was constantly jumping from one group to another group it was driving me crazy. I'm glad though, I learned that it really is natural in life to let go of people and ideas. NOw I prefer to stand out as an individual, not be swayed by groups of people and find the right friends. I wouldn't want manipulation in groups though. Just because I have a lot of Scorpio energy doesn't mean I'd resort to control and manipulation.

I like the idea of transforming social reforms or masses for the better though.

ja7me

I'm not sure what to feel about my Pluto in the 11th house. It's in sagittarius, and Scorpio is my 11th house cusp. Will I be intense about Humanity? Groups? Networks? What other stuff is there in 11th house? The mass?

Will I attract powerful people or manipulative people? What's the effect projected by native if their pluto is in their 11th house?

Hello,

This is how I would interpret Pluto in 11th house:

People have a strong influence on you, sometimes even life changing. You attract strong and powerful friends. You may have a deep involvement in groups, associations, clubs, or organizations of any kind.

iloveplanets96

I've had friends who backstabbed me and faked a friendship with me :haha: I'm not sure how power over friends comes into play though. Even them power over me as well. I also have Mercury in the 11th house, and I read somewhere that it also means that friends come and go very often with this placement (?) and I find that to be very true, exactly why I'm paranoid and depressed about having a group of friends and belonging into one. In a way, the groups of friends I've had over the years have trnasformed me into someone who is now emotionally and socially independent. I used to be the one who's always following what a group is doing, it didn't if it was good or bad (and this was dangerous) but ever since Pluto transited on my 1st house, I was able to spot this by digging deep and forced myself to change.

It’s crazy that you say that!!! I went online looking for info about 11th house and friendships because I’m currently (and have always) had issues in that arena. I also have mercury and Pluto in 11th house (sag+ my sun) so friendships have always affected me emotionally and really gotten under my skin. I definitely have had a lot of friends come and go too but I always had a tight group of friends. In the past few years Pluto has been transiting my first as well and I also have come to that same realization!! I cut off almost all of these friendships (very Plutonian lol) because I just felt like they werent the type of friends I want in my life. So I’m definitely in a phase of having fewer friends but I’m trying to be positive about it and look at it as a fresh start! It’s just difficult with these first house transits + my 11th house stellium :/ Pluto most definitely has the effect of making me obsess about friends and I hold the friends I have to a high standard. I constantly think about the old ones too, even the ones I really don’t care to be around. It’s currently Venus Retrograde which is basically on my 10/11th cusp so I think I’m just really reviewing all of this right now but hopefully someone has some insight!!!

sn00py10479

I’ve had the same experience with my 11th house Pluto. It’s given me a lot of trust issues and now I really don’t let people in easily. I’ve had a few friends that have used me for various things and I didn’t really see it until they weren’t in my life anymore. After they left my life, I started to see what was actually going on and it really hurt. There were a lot of friendships that were really toxic for both parties, but again, I couldn’t see it until that friendship ended. Things didn’t really start heating up with the bad friendships until my Pluto left my 12th house and started transiting my first. That was when all the low key toxic friendships became obviously toxic, but I’m very good independent now too. I don’t have many friends at the moment but the ones I do have I’ve had for so long. I think that in general, this placement isn’t about having toxic friendships but it can be a side effect and I’d assume that would have to do with different aspects. I definitely had this exact same experience though.

zambiq

Hmmm. I've taken a deep look at this placement and it ehcoes all the experiences I 've had with friends, so called. A lot of betrayal, manipulation, control issues,sociopathic types run through my life like a dose of salts. I have no luck with people as friends at all. I revere the concept of true platonic friendship but it has only ever been understood (by me) as a concept not a reality. Subsequently I am, by default, a loner. However all I want is for us to be happy fulfilled and connected. I also have Neptune in the 1st which really doesn't help with a Scorpio Asc'. I seem to unsettle people more than they unsettle me and I feel somewhat cast out of the general social wheel of life. Forgive me if this sounds self pitying. I'm observing and observant not wholly objective but I am working on it. I must make peace with the cards and enjoy myself ( as I do rather well actually) and not mind that i've yet to find a willing, daring , stalwart witness to fact that we're here to love and be loved in return

peep

Hello All! I have Mercury conjunct Pluto in Scorpio in 11th house. I see groups always transforming me but I have to be careful to remain independent always. Or else bad things happen. Also these groups do not last for some reason. I used to be sad about things not lasting but well.