Determining trauma in the natal chart

RiseAndShine

Hi everyone! I know astrology can tell you very much about your past and your childhood, but I still don't understand how you can determine trauma via the natal chart. Which aspects do you look at? How can you find the specific time in which the accident happened? Do you look at the vertex?
Thank you to everyone who will be kind enough to answer :)

cosmicseeing

Hey RiseandShine,

I haven't looked much into vertex or determining the exact time of trauma..but in my experience, I have Pluto very close to the IC, and I see how my childhood had a lot of Plutonian themes.(Pluto in Sag. As a child I moved back and forth between everywhere..) I also have Saturn in the 8th house. When I was a child, my biological parents just didn't take care of me or my siblings. My aunt and uncle would take care of us and when they'd pick us up, I'd have my bag of diapers ready and I'd be standing at the door waiting, pulling on my uncles shirt like LETS LEAVE. I could tell when they were drinking. I also feel like their relationship was nasty, I don't recall ever seeing them together except for maybe very early childhood.
My biological dad just passed away about 2 years ago. He was a registered sex offender and I came to learn he had been in and out of mental hospitals for schizophrenia. (I don't honestly believe mental illness is a thing, maybe just a spiritual gift that has been shamed/repressed/feared because others say it is wrong, when it's not, I'm sure it's natural as many people experience 'mental illness') I chose not to contact my bio father (yet i received some inheritance from him, 8H) & I am the only one of my bio mom's kids (who were adopted) who chooses to speak with her. She has lung cancer, she's constantly smoking, and ultimately she lives with a lot of suffering.

Although my biological parents were irresponsible, I always felt safe and at home with my aunt and uncle. My siblings and I were adopted in 2007, and we all know this was meant to happen. My adoptive parents were never able to have kids, and they ended up with 5. They are loving and supportive parents and have always been truthful and honest with us.

Last edited:

AppLeo

Trauma is a such a broad and general term...

I think everyone has experienced trauma one way or another at some point in their life.

The natal chart just tells us how we deal with traumas, which traumas we'll face, and when we'll face them.

You can't really find a specific time, but you can pinpoint a time when a trauma will happen with transits. Looking at Mars, Pluto, Uranus, and Saturn (malefics) in a transit chart can determine when certain traumas will take place, and how.

Last edited:

Frisiangal

Hi everyone! I know astrology can tell you very much about your past and your childhood, but I still don't understand how you can determine trauma via the natal chart. Which aspects do you look at? How can you find the specific time in which the accident happened? Do you look at the vertex?

Do you mean that you know an accident occured but not when?
Or, where to find the aspects that would coincide with its occurance and the 'trauma' that followed as a result of it?
If you know the date of the accident, you can check with an ephemeris to see what transiting (event)and/or progressed(life-changing) planets may have been influencing the natal chart at the time.

There are different types of trauma, all of which can show the influence of an outer planet with a natal planet.
Checking Google 'Astrology-trauma experiences' will provide some very interesting sites and explanations.

:smile:

RiseAndShine

Thank you for your answers! So I understand that by looking at the transits I can find the time when the event takes place, and by looking at the planets I can see which type of trauma it is. Am i right?

aquarius7000

Thank you to everyone who will be kind enough to answer :)
Hi,

I will not say don't look at the vertex at all (although I don't), but I will say that much more importantly look at the mainstream planets, primarily the Moon. The Moon is all about emotional well-being and one's innermost welfare. Understandably, trauma means that one is emotionally shaken up. The natal Moon could, in such a time, be affected by transiting Mars (force/accident/agitation), Saturn (fear/depression/setback), Uranus (sudden shock/sudden change in status quo), Neptune (feeling of losing control like something gliding out of one's hands/fear/distress), Pluto (complete change/deep agony/traumatising pain).
Also, look at the progressed Moon which may have progressed on to one of the aforementioned planets. Jupiter might also be in the mix. As we know, Jupiter expands what it touches, so, if in the mix, it could prolong the trauma.

cosmicseeing

Cosmicseeing I'm sorry for your loss, I wish you all the best. It can't get worst now! :)

No need to feel sorry! I feel I am able to speak freely of it because after his passing was very liberating and forgiving. I ended up with a loving family. I know there are some who experience very intense trauma, and I almost feel it has something to do with karma. Isabel Hickey speaks about a spiritual bank book, some have credits and some have debits. All of our paths vary so greatly

Kali

I tend to agree that "trauma" is very broad. And there are many....
Example, Pluto square moon--overbearing, cruel, manipulative mother. Moon in 12th house--mother who is neglectful. Neptune in 4th--abandonment by father. Saturn conjunct moon--forced out of childhood too early (I've seen it several times in terms of sexual abuse). You'd really have to define what kind of trauma you're looking for.

Moondancing

Premium Member
Solar Arc is what I've found most effective. I have Moon close to 4th house cusp and when the cusp conj. the Moon in my first year, I almost lost my life. Moon is the apex of my yod with Uranus/Mars in sextile, sudden danger. Most of my life I've lived with the unconscious fear of sudden danger. Then the 10th house cusp came to Pluto in six degrees so at 6 years of age my mother left.

This has produced the best results for me.

Moondance

RiseAndShine

I tend to agree that "trauma" is very broad. And there are many....
Example, Pluto square moon--overbearing, cruel, manipulative mother. Moon in 12th house--mother who is neglectful. Neptune in 4th--abandonment by father. Saturn conjunct moon--forced out of childhood too early (I've seen it several times in terms of sexual abuse). You'd really have to define what kind of trauma you're looking for.

For trauma I mean something that has had a great impact in someone's life. Something that affected them mentally and psychologically. So yes, I understand that is a very general question, but any kind of answer is good for me :)

tsmall

Premium Member
Mars in harsh aspect to either light natally, or by transit if triggered in the solar return/profection chart. The first you can narrow down with primary diretions, the latter by looking at the sr charts. Also Mars in harsh aspect to the Part of Fortune. The Sun represents the ego, the Moon the emotional as well as the physical. PoF is also representative of what happens "to" us.