Magi Astrology: for Genuine, Sincere Questions & Learning about it ONLY

3Demon

Hi 3D,

I think of Chiron as a semi-generational planet; so these aspects could be seen as 'life-stage' type transits. Good develomental steps, in other words.

What I understand the Magi to say about Chiron square is that it's a dangerous time for love and career. Keep a low profile, and do not start something new under the transit.

Which takes us to the difficulty of finding good days: i know what you mean...
I often use the angles to lessen tension in an electional chart, and to enhance Jupiter. Works well.

Pass on the eclipes - don't know what the Magi say here.
I recall that I seemed to overvalue them when I discovered about them, and I rarely even look at them now.... perhaps I should revisit.

Sven

Hi Sven,

Yes, when I first found eclipses I also put a lot of value on them! What I have seemed to discover is that they act like a mirror - you can look at trends from the eclipses, or from the planetary transits, and they tend to reflect each other. That's about all I've discovered so far, other than the weeks around eclipse times tend to be quite charged.

Now back to Magi astrology:
its a bit difficult because transits influence end pretty much immediately following their exact point, but they can be natalized for up to 3 degrees later. For the slow movers like Neptune or Saturn in a loop, this could effectively mean years where you shouldn't natalize anything! Any thoughts on this?

So, I read the Magi website's answer to the question "what if you have good and bad transits at the same time?" or in the same natalization?Their response was that it was complex, and although they did do a bit of explaining, I wasnt totally able to figure it out...

I know that the Magi state that no influence is ever cancelled out. Does this mean that a chart with 4 cindarella transits and 1 heartbreak transit is still most likely to end in heartbreak? Do heartbreak transits "trump" all other transits no matter what? (for example, I have a period upcoming where I have 3 cindarella transits in Geo and 2 in Helio, totalling 5. But I have the chiron sq chiron, Saturn qnx mars and venus (not exact on venus), and saturn conj. Juno, all in a looped transit in Geo for the next year or two (first pass already happened). Also have t.venus conj. chiron in Decs, but also opp. saturn around the same time.) Does planetary geometry (example, dragons) with a square and a trine overall indicate potential positive time when saturn isnt involved?

This is very confusing as I cant seem to figure out what to do. If bad transits really do kind of trump the situation, I could be stuck with my head down for the next two years! Not to mention the two years previous where I had some really tough transits. I'm at a very crucial turning point in my life right now, and big positive natalizations to move forward are very important to me, especially in love, career, and home matters.

Which also brings me to a final question, do you think you could explain to me a bit about how I could use angles to lessen tension in an electional chart, and to enhance Jupiter? That sounds very interesting.

All of your help is sincerely appreciated. I know I've posted a whole lot of questions! Even in your past few responses, I've been able to clarify a lot in regards to magi astrology. Thanks again

Last edited:

3Demon

Hi Sven,

Thank you for the words of encouragement! I definitely feel like I'm 'falling down the rabbit hole' sometimes as I delve more deeply into astrology and learning the patterns and rhythms of nature, so to speak.

Your post on tweaking the angles was very useful, so I gave it a try. Please let me know if this is what you meant:
today I had to sign an important lease document, and according to the magi calendar it isnt a good day to do so (although not a bad one either). I waited until 2:43pm to sign the lease document and shake hands on it, when the ASC was at 8 degrees Leo. This was trine to Jupiter in the sky to the degree. Hopefully this helped boost the potential of the natalization chart.

Which brings me to the next question on how natalizations and transits relate. According to the Magi, a transit's influence falls off sharply after the transit is exact. Once you're out of the 3 day time-orb, the transit will be considered to be passed and its influence is no longer present. But if you natalize something even a few days after that you will still get the aspect in the chart, IE the influence is still present.
For example, the Magi suggest that an transit that doesnt go exact doesnt have as much influence, and it 'waters down' the effect. I have Venus at 9'30 Pisc., and Saturn will station direct at 10'30 Libra, so it never goes exact as a transit. However, if I were to natalize something on that day, the aspect would be quite tight. How are these two concepts -natalization and transits- interrelated considering this? If a natalization captures the essence of that moment and the effect of a certain transit is weak at that time, how could it be so pronounced in that chart?

And do Saturn clashes, regardless of how many other positive alignments are also in the chart, always negatively 'trump' the situation?

I also find it interesting how on the magi good days and bad days chart they have things like 'meet the person of your dreams' next to 'open a bank account.' The latter is completely voluntary and subject to your planning, so the chart is useful. The former is not in your control, so how could the chart really help you there?

Thanks again for the information!

Last edited:

3Demon

Hi Sven,

Interesting, I didn't think of the progression, but thats a very good point, since all natalized charts will progress.

Do you think you could elaborate a bit more on looped transits that do not go exact? If I understand correctly, you're suggesting that even a transit that does not go exact can bring its energy into a natalization? I know in traditional astrology stationing planets are seen as very powerful influences. In the case of Saturn applying to Venus out of orb, what kind of transit is this?

Just curious...

In regard to these Midpoints in Cinderella/Nuclear Clash/Heartbreak Clash, are these activated by transits from planets to these natal midpoints or are they the transiting midpoints making contacts to natal planets?

I hope my question made sense or if it's even possible... I'm not really familiar with midpoints yet but did notice that my astrology program will show transiting midpoints with aspects which is why I was wondering.

:unsure:

3Demon

Hi Lea,

Transits from the midpoints (I.E., the midpoint between jupiter and saturn at any given moment from their transiting positions) can make aspects to natal planets. However, transits from planets to a NATAL midpoint placement will not be felt. So if Saturn is crossing over your natal jupiter/venus midpoint, you wouldn't feel it. BUT, it would natalize.

This is as far as I understand it

3Demon

Hi Sven,

Wow, those are some pretty sharp predictions!

What do the Magi say about Saturn transits to natal Juno?

wilsontc

Staff member
please keep all professional reading announcements in the "Advertising" section

All,

Please keep all professional reading announcements in the "Advertising" section. If you don't want to read someone's posting because you charge for readings, that's fine. No one is required to read anything here. Do not mention in the thread you are not doing a free reading (your not posting to the thread shows you are not doing a free reading). Do not post in the thread the cost you would charge for a reading.

About advertising,

Tim

hiimnotcool

Are the heliocentric longitude's just as important as the geocentric?

I've been dating a girl for 3 months. I've known her for 3 years but we were just really good friends and nothing sexual or romantic ever crossed my mind...until last year. One day we were hanging out and she just kissed me out of nowhere and it's just been like we were inseparable ever since. I looked at our Magi synastry yesterday just to see what's going on and there are a lot of striking things. Some good and some bad (obviously)....

Geo-
my Jupiter trine her Chiron and Mars (RSL?)-1-2 degrees
her Jupiter trine my Chiron (2 degrees)
her Sun parallel my Chiron and Venus (in orb)
My Sun square her Chiron(2 degrees) (how does it work when there is a positive and negative involving the same planets?)
My Saturn parallel her Jupiter (in orb)
My Venus quincunx her Neptune (1 degree)
Her Venus is on my Chiron/Jupiter midpoint (1 degree)

I looked at all that and was like 'The RSL and mutual aspect of our Jupiter and Chiron is pretty telling so that all makes sense'

But then I looked at our Heliocentric chart just to see what's happening just out of curiosity..

My Venus conj her Chiron (2 degrees)
My Venus trine her Juno (2.9 degrees)
My Chiron trine her Juno (2.9 degrees) (my Venus and Chiron are conjunct with only a 1' arc)
My Mars trine her Venus (1 degree)
Nothing going on with Saturn in the helio

How does the earth factor in with the heliocentric charts in regards to aspects?

Looks like some pretty good stuff though. Very interesting.

Last edited:

hiimnotcool

Hi Not Cool,

That looks pretty nice. Yes, helio aspects are as important as geo.

When you look at helio, then you use the earth instead of the sun - so the aspect combinations are "the same". Just with earth instead.
Tighter aspects in the helio latitudes, though.

You can probably see more in the "first kiss" chart, vis-a-vis both natals.

The 'trickiest' factors in what you have listed are, according to me:

Saturn parallel Jupiter
Your Chiron and Venus conjunction trine her Juno

Saturn and Jupiter can be tricky combinations, so I'd look ahead to see when/if there were challenging transits to this parallel. Time to keep low profile.
Juno can create 'interesting' dynamics - and I'd also keep tab on transiting heavies to this construct, as the clash-type transits could potentially create dodgy Juno manifestations.

Other than that, it looks great. Ju-Chiron is great stuff to have, like you say.

Cheers,
Sven

So how would I interpret the first kiss chart in regards to our natals? I actually remember the date it happened.On that day in the Geo Chiron was conjunct Neptune (same degree) and Sun quincunx Chiron. Saturn was contra-parallel Sun. Would I just see if either of our natal planets make linkages with the ones in that chart? Would the first time we had sexual intercourse be another chart in itself?

Belinda

Hello again,
I'd like to say that I really enjoy this thread and would like to refresh it by asking another question....
They say that the first meeting (touch), first sex, and then marriage chart are the ones that rules a relationship.

What if two persons, who have Romance Linkages between their charts, like Chiron - Venus and Chiron - Neptun linkages, they meet and also have first sex during the time when Chiron in both natal charts is challenged by Saturn transit?
Is this relation going to be doomed (because of Saturn)?

Available to download Magi Astrology The Key to Success in Love and Money book doesn't include the chapter about Recognizing the Signs of Heartbreak, so I'd like to ask here: is Saturn causing a Heartbreak in the case mentioned above?

Thank you in advance.

positive

Banned
hi, I appreciate an extra thread about magi astrology. I am personally on to add their methods to my observations, concerning synastrie charts.

Would you mind showing some planetary geometries? I can´t figure out if I have an iron butterfly in both heliocentric, geo. Also what does an iron butterfly for example mean. How does it manifest. What would you say to the planets? (I can´t bring them together in my case)

Pls can you comment on Pallas conj Earth Moon (opp Sun) in magi style

Here (two) iron butterflies I found in helio

Daniel Negreanu is a professionel pokerplayer (mystic trianlge with jupiter-), one of the most popular. Here the planetaries involved would interest me. Mars saturn Mercury Neptun. Don´t get that quite. Neptun I would take for longevity. no earth moon connection. just for the record, I realized it is out of orb. do you agree, because this is what I see sometimes, some planets are synchronized and some are slightly out of orb (to the others) synchronized. Any experience with that? I let it here also to show the configuration.

Michelle Yeoh, an actress in asian movies. Originally a dancer, changed to martial arts movies. she is very popular and was married to a billonaire and she was a beauty queen: She has powerful planets in her configuration. Pluto Mars is also sport Venus beauty, with earth moon (can´t interpret that so good- being popular?)

(be aware, I did not reduce the orb in the drawing)

pls comment on the charts.

Attachments

• Iron Butterfly 1.gif
    Iron Butterfly 1.gif
    52.3 KB · Views: 42
  • Iron Butterfly 2.gif
    Iron Butterfly 2.gif
    52.2 KB · Views: 42
Last edited:
I have an honest question about Magi Astrology. I am new to this form having studied traditional western and Vedic astrology.

In making my own transit calendar for the year 2012, I have a question about Magi transits.

I know that a transit is the strongest when applying within a 3 degree orb. But what about when the transit is separating? Currently I am undergoing a heartbreak transit in Helio, and transiting Saturn reached exact opposition to my natal Chiron 2 weeks ago. Saturn is still at 22 Libra in Helio, as is my Chiron in Aries. At what point does the heartbreak transit end? If I go with the 3 degree orb, the transit will last for the next 2 months.

Thanks in advance!
Rising Sun

hvnlystarz

magi astrology question- good versus bad linkages

i have been doing a lot of research about magi astrology and am interested in becoming a member, studying the work and purchasing the software. yet i find the info online and on their website to be so convoluted and confusing! my virgo sensibilities get assaulted when i try to make sense of what i find online :(

my question for now has to do with my own relationship- but this is in part how i am learning the magi method.

my partner and i have the ultimate aspect- my chiron trine his venus within 3 degree orb. we have a bunch of other nice ones- my chiron trine his juno, my venus on his jupiter, my mars conjunct his venus, my mars conjunct his juno. we also have mutual jupiter/chiron midpoints aspecting the other's personal planets- his squares my moon and mine squares his venus/juno (i believe squares with the midpoint count???).

BUT here's the question- we also have some of the worst aspects listed. we have a nuclear clash AND a heartbreak clash. his saturn squares my jupiter and my saturn quincunxes his chiron (within 3 degrees). we also have mutual sun square chirons (which shows up in our composite chart) and my pluto is opposite his saturn. these are some of the worst linkages talked about, yet we have THE best one as well (venus/chiron).

i do not know how to weigh this or figure it out. i am waiting for a phone call from the magi people so i can ask a few questions before i become a member- so for now my only hope is to ask people who are more well-versed in magi astrology.

in am seeing that come oct-dec 2012 we both have heartbreak transits- saturn quincunxes his chiron and then opposes mine :( not looking too great- hence my reason for wanting to make sense of things. we have a baby together so there is no easy out by any means.

i look forward to any insight you can provide...

thank you!

~hvnlystarz

Sania

What happend if you have an Romatic one venus-chiron conjuction but also moon -chiron square?

Venus -Chiron= you find your soul mate
Moon-Chiron= wrong person = NOT your soul mate

I am confused and althrougt i know that astrology is complex and we always find contradictions like this still I am wondering what is now the true meaning or what is stronger. Venus-Chiron or Moon-Chiron

See attached charts.

Thanks

Attachments

• astro_w2gw_51_nec_hp_84377_12948.gif
    astro_w2gw_51_nec_hp_84377_12948.gif
    51.8 KB · Views: 44
  • astro_w2gw_18_tina_hp_84471_18694.gif
    astro_w2gw_18_tina_hp_84471_18694.gif
    51 KB · Views: 43

Claire19

What happend if you have an Romatic one venus-chiron conjuction but also moon -chiron square?

Venus -Chiron= you find your soul mate
Moon-Chiron= wrong person = NOT your soul mate

I am confused and althrougt i know that astrology is complex and we always find contradictions like this still I am wondering what is now the true meaning or what is stronger. Venus-Chiron or Moon-Chiron

See attached charts.

Thanks
Remembering that synastry is confusing and contradictory and one person may have a flowing aspect that the other has a challenge with.
Just because there may be a square aspect doesnt mean that they are not your soulmate. That is too simplistic and suggests that only positive and flowing aspects are involved with soulmates. We are human and to have conflict is natural and actually a growing process. Of course the easy aspects have to be there..

Last edited:

Claire19

Re: magi astrology question- good versus bad linkages

i have been doing a lot of research about magi astrology and am interested in becoming a member, studying the work and purchasing the software. yet i find the info online and on their website to be so convoluted and confusing! my virgo sensibilities get assaulted when i try to make sense of what i find online :(

my question for now has to do with my own relationship- but this is in part how i am learning the magi method.

my partner and i have the ultimate aspect- my chiron trine his venus within 3 degree orb. we have a bunch of other nice ones- my chiron trine his juno, my venus on his jupiter, my mars conjunct his venus, my mars conjunct his juno. we also have mutual jupiter/chiron midpoints aspecting the other's personal planets- his squares my moon and mine squares his venus/juno (i believe squares with the midpoint count???).

BUT here's the question- we also have some of the worst aspects listed. we have a nuclear clash AND a heartbreak clash. his saturn squares my jupiter and my saturn quincunxes his chiron (within 3 degrees). we also have mutual sun square chirons (which shows up in our composite chart) and my pluto is opposite his saturn. these are some of the worst linkages talked about, yet we have THE best one as well (venus/chiron).

i do not know how to weigh this or figure it out. i am waiting for a phone call from the magi people so i can ask a few questions before i become a member- so for now my only hope is to ask people who are more well-versed in magi astrology.

in am seeing that come oct-dec 2012 we both have heartbreak transits- saturn quincunxes his chiron and then opposes mine :( not looking too great- hence my reason for wanting to make sense of things. we have a baby together so there is no easy out by any means.

i look forward to any insight you can provide...

thank you!

~hvnlystarz
To be honest the ordinary aspects with the love planets etc. that you have together without CHiron are enough to describe the good influences of your relationship. Transits with quincunxes I dont even use... YOu must not get stressed about what may be coming in December because of some theory that hardly anyone subscribes to in the astrological world. The way we handle influences is what counts. If you have a negative outlook then negative events will happen.. We have free will and with maturity love and faith can overcome most anything....

Why would you buy software?? With any other type of astrology it is not necessary and free charts of all kinds can be found on several sites.

THe danger of half knowledge is that it causes fear and distress.

Last edited:
I am open minded but as an astrologer for many many years I cannot dismiss the principles that I know are accurate and valid... Is CHiron even a planet?? A comet or an asteroid maybe???.. Its use in synastry may have validation. It may have connection to Venus and may co rule LIbra.... Interesting idea..

.. I look forward to any other theories that may be put forward. We need to look at thousands of chart to draw any real conclusion in its role with partnerships....

Um, forgive me if I'm missing something here, but didn't Magnetic7 in your quote above already say the Magi Society had come to their conclusions from the analysis of over 75,000 charts of married couples? What is it you don't understand about the role of Chiron in synastry? Sometimes in order to understand something, you must unlearn what you think you know.

Claire19

I wouldnt own the Saturn square Chiron. Too wide an orb. Does it give you hope.:happy:. With a body that is not really a major planet in the solar system I would use tighter orbs. No more than 3 degrees at the outside.