How did you get into astrology?

aKuna

After separating from a 20yr marriage I was working nights couldn't sleep and began the study...doing charts by calculations of those I knew well. With this I could move back through their life and plot actual events in their lives which I as aware of and found the validity of it as well as the intuitive nature as I began working forward in their charts.:innocent:
These days i use it for charting Humanities Collective movement through this
age of expanding consciousness to 2012 & beyond on our evolutionary cycle

AspieTaurus

Short Answer: Pluto started transiting my natal Neptune in 2009. :w00t:

Long Answer:

On another message board I post at one of the posters is a California philosopher/astrologer named Eric Meece, almost the stereotypical New-Agey Baby-Boomer. naturally an astrology thread popped up, and I, the ardent materialist, told myself "this is total BS but I've got time to kill" so I entered my DOB and location into an online chart calculator and posted the chart. I still remember Eric's remark about my Mercury :square: Mars: "Remind me never to get into an argument with you, LOL!", and then remarked about my Moon-Mars-Neptune stellium in Cappy :trine: my Taurus Sun "well that explains your mystical materialism". You could have knocked me over with a feather.

I first read 2 books about astrology (can't remember which ones, may have been Aspects in Astrology & a more horoscope based one) when I was 10 years old, and got into it quite heavily. My family started going to church after that, so I had to forget about Astrology (Mum didn't believe it was good).

Fast forward to to summer 09, a dyspraxia/aspergers diagnosis prompted me to start discovering more about myself. I started using a few avenues, and in the end got back into astrology through sheer curiosity. It's always been an interesting topic for me throughout, and I will continue to study it, along with anything else I find interesting.

jedyforest31

[FONT=Arial, Sans, Verdana]So, I have become a tad obsessed as of late, but still have some reservations about the whole astrology thing...[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Sans, Verdana]How did you get into astrology and what would you say to people skeptical of it? Why do you stand by it?[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Sans, Verdana]Thanks, [/FONT]

eric1981

Hi,I am from China.So astrology is very common here,though in a different name:Chinese astrology.

I began study Chinese astrology not long ago but am very much into it.The reason I started this study is because I am in love with some one:tongue:

What I believe in astrology is that it has some science.

Radhika12

I found very interesting article about astrology.It had describe how to find out the behavior each someone from the birth of month.After I was reading that I was curious to know some more.That's how I started.

Zaphod

I came upon a copy of Linda Goodman's Sun Signs when I was in Germany around 1970. When I returned to the US in 1971 my younger brother was already an advanced astrologer and I began working with him, beginning a long association with psychological astrology that I only recently turned the corner on, and I'm now headed deeply into traditional astrology, along with continuing my work with tarot, geomancy, lithomancy and qabalistic magic.

Saia

By looking at paterns in my life. I had mine, then I started interpreting other peoples charts.... Im definately going to keep learning.

Beautiful Ending

I bought a book for my mother for christmas 1996 about Sun Sign astrology

I also bought a book about Sun Sign astrology, but it was for myself. It was only a £1 and was on the last chance shelf, I felt a bit sorry for it and thought "I might as well". To my surprise, inside the book in also contained ways to calculate your moon and rising sign, it also mentioned something about a birth chart. From there I started reseaching astrology on the internet and here I am.

selfless

Banned
LEARNING IS A PROCESS.. it never ends..whenever a person says he knows the full subject of astrology , he is not telling the truth.....anyway
studied NUMEROLOGY , ASTROLOGY ,LAL KITAB for many years , if u have any question regarding ASTROLOGY,
LAL KITAB , Want to know about your horoscope, your life then,
can give your DATE OF BIRTH, TIME OF BIRTH (if possible).. write the NAME of the MONTH (e.g. January, November,etc). (do NOT give MONTH NUMBER, otherwise it creates confusion.) Then, By ASTROLOGY, your question may be answered in a day....

Last edited:

Love2Know

It's always interesting to hear other peoples' experiences with astrology, so how did you get into it?

I began studying it about a year ago when Uranus was in trine with my natal Jupiter and Neptune was tightly conjunct my north node.

I don't exactly remember, I was a cancer child who didn't seem like my sign fit besides the laziness and joy of cookies, but I was into mythology. My libra dad seemed more Cancer, he would drag me to museums and would read me ancient Greek mythology and history books before bed. So anyways astrology seemed cool, someone gave me a book maybe a neighbor, I was about 11 or 12 and I looked up my rising sign and moon sign and it started to make sense. The double leo made a lot of sense muahahah *fades away

im so interested in astrology since i was a child...i love reading astrology books and even tried card readings but as i grow up and got busy i put it all aside but now that im having a little bit time for myself i started to get into it again:whistling:

Fragoso

It's always interesting to hear other peoples' experiences with astrology, so how did you get into it?

My case is an interesting story.
I was bored like hell watching history channel... And there were transmitting a program about Nostradamus and hitler... and that was the 1st time i heard some astrological terms like oppositions, mercury and the signs and i went like :pouty: WHAT?

Then i made a research and *biinnng* went into astrology. That was some years ago... about 4 or 5.
At the time neptune transit was squaring my pluto. And pluto transit was squaring my natal jupiter. Saturn transit sextilling mercury.

That's all what i remember,
Fragoso
(after that i was took by alliens and they transformed me into this :D

Choe

I don't exactly remember, I was a cancer child who didn't seem like my sign fit besides the laziness and joy of cookies, but I was into mythology. My libra dad seemed more Cancer, he would drag me to museums and would read me ancient Greek mythology and history books before bed. So anyways astrology seemed cool, someone gave me a book maybe a neighbor, I was about 11 or 12 and I looked up my rising sign and moon sign and it started to make sense. The double leo made a lot of sense muahahah *fades away

Actually reading the child about classic history or literature is very much Libran. Libra loves the classic,the ancient times, and it's somewhat an old-fashioned soul. Of course I'm talking about the archaic sign here,someone can have stelium in libra but still be very modern/anti classics type,if they have for example Aquarius Moon or dominant Uranus or Aries,etc.

Last edited:

knowhow999

I suffered a dark night of the soul in 2001. A beloved relative that I had just brought to live with my family wandered away from our home after 24 hours of arriving. She has never been seen or heard from since.
My husband, who has a Masters in Interdisciplinary Consciousness Studies, contacted one of his professors and we were referred to multiple psychics. One of the psychics became a dear friend. She opened me to my own psychic gifts. I began studying astrology in 2001 and have been hooked since then. I have been seeing spirits etc since my late teens.
I feel lucky to have found astrology and websites like this one. Great joy can come out of tremendous sorrow. I never found my aunt but feel blessed to have been opened to the loving world of spirit, astrology, Love And Light.

Blessings to All And Happy Holidays

Knowhow999

Yuusha

I started getting into astrology because I wanted to learn about my potential (but at first I only knew about my Sun sign), and then I discovered the world of birth charts (yes, cafeastrology introduced me to that).

And then when Saturn transited Virgo, opposed Uranus in Pisces and opposed my Ascendant...I really started looking into astrology because I was going through a really rough patch...

Last edited:

saturnsayshi

I got into astrology a few years back through a polyamorous relationship gone wrong. I ended up having to learn astrology in self defense; my boyfriend's other girlfriend was trying to convince him that I'd never be right for him because I was a Capricorn and I'd never be the lovely, charming hippy Pisces that she was. Needless to say, the situation deteriorated.

If nothing else, it caused me to pick up an interest in astrology (and an aversion to unconventional relationships).