Beyonce Knowles ascendant

Styx

I am very curious to know her Rising Sign. Astrotheme states her birthtime as 12.00 pm exact. This doesn't seem very likley to me. It would make her a Scorpio rising. I always saw her as more of a Leo rising. She's very glamorous and she was the leadsinger in a girl group.

I find her persona fascinating. She's this soft-spoken, polite, shy person when she's not on stage, but the moment she hits the stage she turns into this superwoman. (Maybe a Gemini Rising? :biggrin: Sometimes she reminds me of Michael Jackson...)

What are your thoughts?

here's her astrotheme chart
http://www.astrotheme.com/portraits/m4b7MKr6WY6e.htm

Courtney Love

I think Libra rising. She's beautiful and elegant, when she's not wearing her mother's atrocious outfits, I really mean her general demeanor.

Styx

I think Libra rising. She's beautiful and elegant, when she's not wearing her mother's atrocious outfits, I really mean her general demeanor.

This made me laugh :lol:

Well she does have a LOT of planets in Libra. If she would be a Libra rising, she would have lots planets in the first house hmm...

Hush10

I am very curious to know her Rising Sign. Astrotheme states her birthtime as 12.00 pm exact. This doesn't seem very likley to me. It would make her a Scorpio rising.

God, no. I just can't see that. I know a few Scorpio rising folk and the general way they come across - as individual as each of them still are in their personal expression - is nothing like how I think Beyonce comes across.

I always saw her as more of a Leo rising. She's very glamorous and she was the leadsinger in a girl group.

That's a possibility. Depending on the exact degree of the Asc., it might put her Mars in Leo in the 1st (stamina; bossy; 'look-at-me' persona; executive ability). The ruler of her Asc., the Sun, would most likely be either in the 1st or the 2nd House. Her Libra planets would be in the 3rd and her Scorpio Moon would show up in the 4th House. None of those really jump out at me though. That's a lot of Northern Hemisphere action for such an 'out there' person, though I know that isn't always accurately representative of how a person's reality plays itself out.

I find her persona fascinating. She's this soft-spoken, polite, shy person when she's not on stage, but the moment she hits the stage she turns into this superwoman. (Maybe a Gemini Rising? :biggrin: Sometimes she reminds me of Michael Jackson...)

I would never have thought she has Gemini Rising. She doesn't display any restless energy or 'a light touch' in any interviews I've seen of her. She comes across as very grounded and solid. Her physical movements don't seem very mercurial to me either - she's more of a 'plodder' or something and she's naturally voluptuous as well. Off the top of my head, the other Gemini Rising people I can think of are Bruce Springsteen, Christina Applegate, Michelle Pfeiffer, Ricky Martin, and Greta Garbo. From what I've observed, they seem/seemed (in Garbo's case) perpetually in motion even when they are/were still.

I have Gemini Rising, so maybe I'm biased, but I've met a couple of other Gemini Rising people and things like them waving their hands around as they talk and being sort of 'dry' and emphasising the intellectual side of things has jumped out at me. They seemed quite sarcastic as well and fond of word play. With one girl, I always got the feeling that she wanted to be elsewhere due to this restlessness about her, even though she would seem to be enjoying herself. I've seen this with the other Gem. Ascendant girl as well. There's nothing ill-meaning about it though - I just think it stems from the duality (e.g. 'there's always an alternative') and flexibility of the sign.

I think Beyonce either has Leo Rising or Taurus Rising. One or the other.

Last edited:

Kannon

I am very curious to know her Rising Sign. Astrotheme states her birthtime as 12.00 pm exact. This doesn't seem very likley to me. It would make her a Scorpio rising. I always saw her as more of a Leo rising. She's very glamorous and she was the leadsinger in a girl group.

What are your thoughts?

here's her astrotheme chart
http://www.astrotheme.com/portraits/m4b7MKr6WY6e.htm

Beyonce has a Cardinal sign rising. I do not know her birth time, but I know this because of the shape of her face (oval) and the fact that she is the one with the most initiative and talent within the group Destiny's Child, in other words, their leader. These two attributes, one physical, one behavioral are enough to guarantee a Cardinal Sign on the Asc.

The most likely signs are Aries and Libra.

Some events helpful to rectification efforts:

- Destiny's Child picked up two Grammy Awards February 21, 2001. This would show up in transits to her correct MC.

- Her solo debut, Dangerously in Love, was released June 22, 2003. This would show up as transits to her correct MC, possibly Asc as well.

- Knowles is one of the most-honored artists by the Grammys, with 16 awards—13 as a solo artist and three as a member of Destiny's Child. This would be shown in natal aspects involving Jupiter, Sun or Uranus, possibly Pluto and the MC (in declination or longitude).

Let me know what you come up with. At the moment I've been too sick and will be too busy to do it myself.

Styx

Beyonce has a Cardinal sign rising. I do not know her birth time, but I know this because of the shape of her face (oval) and the fact that she is the one with the most initiative and talent within the group Destiny's Child, in other words, their leader. These two attributes, one physical, one behavioral are enough to guarantee a Cardinal Sign on the Asc.

The most likely signs are Aries and Libra.

Some events helpful to rectification efforts:

- Destiny's Child picked up two Grammy Awards February 21, 2001. This would show up in transits to her correct MC.

- Her solo debut, Dangerously in Love, was released June 22, 2003. This would show up as transits to her correct MC, possibly Asc as well.

- Knowles is one of the most-honored artists by the Grammys, with 16 awards—13 as a solo artist and three as a member of Destiny's Child. This would be shown in natal aspects involving Jupiter, Sun or Uranus, possibly Pluto and the MC (in declination or longitude).

Let me know what you come up with. At the moment I've been too sick and will be too busy to do it myself.

Very interesting to see how sure you are. I didn't know cardinal ascendants have oval faces.

A Libra rising would def make sense! It would put a lot of planets in her first house. That attributes to her leadership qualities. She's also very much about female empowerment. Many of her songs talk about this. I think there's something 'Arian' about this quality of her. Having so many planets in the first house would explain this.
A Leo MC would also make sense. Mars in her tenth house. She's known as a very hard-working person.

Kannon

There is a possibility that her Asc could be in Pisces Parallel one or more of her Libra planets since those signs are in about equal S declination.

RockFish

Hi Dela, how did you get to this conclusion, is this information you have, or is there astrological reasoning behind your choice of Sagittarius?

At first I thought Libra, because I think her most striking characteristic is the beauty, glamour etc etc, but she's got tons of Libra in her chart. Off the top of my head (and not by studying the chart, I must add) I'd say Taurus; she struggles with weight, as far as I know.

Inconjunct

Scorpio rising seems entirely appropriate to me - she oozes sex appeal and has a powerful charisma. Also, this chart places her Sun firmly in the 10th, which would (to my mind) explain Styx's comment: -

She's this soft-spoken, polite, shy person when she's not on stage, but the moment she hits the stage she turns into this superwoman.

She is all fire and light when she is in her most public place!

Also, with Scorpio rising, she has a Leo MC - very typical of a perfomer, I would have thought.

RockFish

I am very curious to know her Rising Sign. Astrotheme states her birthtime as 12.00 pm exact.

Probably this chart was cast at 12:00 because there is no known birthtime. When people don't know the birth time, they cast the chart at noon.

Styx

Scorpio rising seems entirely appropriate to me - she oozes sex appeal and has a powerful charisma. Also, this chart places her Sun firmly in the 10th, which would (to my mind) explain Styx's comment: -

She is all fire and light when she is in her most public place!

Also, with Scorpio rising, she has a Leo MC - very typical of a perfomer, I would have thought.

I would not be suprised if she was a Scorpio rising. That would probably put her Moon (and Uranus) in the first house. This would explain her curvy figure.
She is also very private about her personal life. Rarely does she talk about her marriage. This could be an indication of a person with a Scorpio ascendant (although she has Venus conjunct Pluto!).

And a Leo MC would maybe put her Mars in the tenth house. She is known as one of the most hardworking people in the industry. She's very focused. I saw an interview with her once where she said that during rehearsals she doesn't use the beathroom nor does she eat or drink. She said she's like a machine. This is also one of the reasons why she could be a Leo rising; she'd have Mars in her first house, possibily conjunct her ascendant.

delilah4

You could be right. Though working with celebrity charts is always fun, I wouldn't recommend it for the purposes of studying astrology. Many beginning astrologers study celebrity charts to 'get better' at interpretation, but I think very likely it only leads them astray. Having briefly worked in the entertainment industry myself, I can tell you that artists often lie about their age in order to get more life out of their career. The lie is often backed up by their agents and family members. So an actress who claims to be born in 1964 may have easily been actually born in 1960. I'm not saying this is the case with Beyonce at all, I'm just making a point. For study nothing is better than working with the charts of people you actually know in your day to day life.

Courtney Love

it also doesn't help when they alter their appearance with plastic surgery....

beyonce-knowles-pre-post-nose-listaholicdotcom.jpg

SagittariusHoney

For those of you guessing Libra rising--she has a huge stellium in Libra, I believe, which totally explains the very heavy Venus aura she gives off.

I am quite possibly one of her biggest fans, so I've seen her in countless appearances and interviews. She's very, very shy and soft spoken and sensitive--I've seen her break into tears many times.

She stumbles over her words and has a very sweet, innocent, "wouldn't hurt a fly" way about her. From what I know of her, there is no way she can be a fire sign rising. She doesn't ever come across loud, she doesn't party, she's EXTREMELY, deeply private, almost to the point of paranoia...very quiet, shy, sweet as sugar, kind, and soft spoken. No one in Hollywood has a bad word to say about her. Everyone agrees she's super sweet.

She is also extremely, very very veryyyy hard working and an ultra perfectionist. THIS is why she transforms into a "diva" on stage--it's a complete and total act, thus the whole "Sasha Fierce" alter ego...it's true. The way she is on stage is nothing like what she's like in person. She completely loses herself in character on stage, and as soon the music stops or she leaves the stage, she snaps out of it, and goes right back to being the sweet, shy girl. Although, I have noticed the older she gets, the less and less shy she is, and more confident she is off stage. On stage, her deep emotions and very, very intense and passionate side radiate through her performance. She gets so caught up in the song and the moment, that she pulls the audience in with her, making them really FEEL the music, the lyrics, everything pulse through them as they do through her. It's really almost a magical thing

It's very interesting, really.

Hmm...my guess would be an Earth rising (Taurus or Vigro?), Water rising, (possibly Cancer?), or Libra rising.

I can see Scorpio rising too, because she is one of the most private people in Hollywood--she lets the world know ONLY what she wants them to know. Her private life is her own and she is a master at keeping the press out of it. She's def a big control freak, but that's because she wants everything to be perfect. There is a deep magnetism that radiates from her, she's very captivating, has a very powerful aura that surrounds her...but then again, this can all simply be on account of her Scorpio moon.

Truthfully, I doubt it's Libra, because she already has a Libra stellium, and having Libra rising on top of that might make her a little less determined and hard working as she is.

I think there is really just no way she can be Sagittarius, Leo, Aries, Aquarius, or Gemini rising. I'd say Leo is the most likely of the bunch, although still doubtful of that. I know a lot of Leo rising people, and they come across as anything but super shy and soft spoken.

Matto

I get a bit of a Taurus vibe from Beyoncé, so that is my guess for her Ascendant. She has that "earthy" face kinda thing going on, which I often see in Taureans.

juicey J.

Banned
I would guess an earth rising for Mrs. B myself as well. Either Taurus or Virgo rising. Here husband Jay-Z presents himself as quite intelligent, articulate, and eclectic in taste, and I would guess his rising to be gemini or Aquarius, or its possible he has mercury near the rising.

Last edited:

TayTay

Her face shape makes me think it's probably Libra. She also comes off like that too, in my opinion.

And she's definitely had plastic surgery. Her nose is much more pointed than it was before.