Can tarot open you to the lower astral

retinoid

like a pendulum and ouija board can? I am thinking about throwing my tarot cards and the stuff I used to make a pendulum out because I feel like whenever I 'divine' it causes issues. Perhaps just stick with astrology...

Neptune Rising

I've been doing tarot for years, haven't sensed anything untoward. I personally feel light and dark are inside us, sometimes projected out. If you approach tarot objectively, ground yourself in the way that is best for you (eg, meditation, walks, ect) and do it in moderation, you'll be fine.

In pondering, the images in the cards may trigger your own unconscious, which may show you lessons for you to work through - a self-exploration journey which may be easy or hard. That's the only thing I can think of that the tarot has triggered for me over the years. No strange astral phenomenoms....

NR

Kannon

like a pendulum and ouija board can? I am thinking about throwing my tarot cards and the stuff I used to make a pendulum out because I feel like whenever I 'divine' it causes issues. Perhaps just stick with astrology...

This is purely fear on your part. If you are not comfortable with a tool then don't use it. The issues are created by (subconscious) fear within you. Why didn't you include astrology in this group of' divination' tools? Some fearful Christians might.

The only thing that matters in any metaphysical or spiritual guidance is that you center yourself peacefully in a state of clear Intent. Anything encased in Love will not attract something harmful. Sometimes metaphysical tools in the hands of an unbalanced person can further magnify the unbalance. Understand that 'balance' here is relative, but can be taken care of on an ongoing basis and episodically as you use any tool. On an ongoing basis things like biocircuits, affirmations, meditation can help balance you overall. Taking a moment to clear your mind of ALL anxieties and focus your positive Intent is the way to find balance before you do anything seeking guidance. If it cannot be done in a few minutes or seems impossible before doing a reading, then you need to seriously work on your overall balance and work on replacing fear with Love.

The first and most important overriding thing to learn is that Love is power.

People have 'issues' with these activities that you've listed only when they carry in fear with them and do not have a clear Intent for what they are doing. In other words, they are fishing around with fear. What do you expect, but fear back? Its all happening within you.

When we connect with and stay connected with the Higher Self (Superconscious) there is nothing of the human subconscious that can interfere.

Last edited:

retinoid

could be my jupiter in the 12th house coupled with feeling of loneliness that is causing this anxiety. ::::::sighs:::::::

dr. farr

I do not believe you have anything to worry about relative to using Tarot (or geomancy or I ChingZ) methods-nothing exists in the literature to suggest lower astral penetration into those using these means, and have not been made personally aware of this type of problem, in the 4+ decades I have used Tarot divination.

Mark

Prolonged meditation on the tarot images might open you, but probably not to what you fear, and it would take quite a while. Otherwise, cards are just cards. There is no reason to believe that shuffling, dealing, and reading will make you extra vulnerable.

Kannon

Let me be clear. Cards do not cause fear. Fear brings fear, and it exists mostly subconsciously at the level of animal instincts for competitive survival. This is the basis for fear-based beliefs and worries that something like tarot can open one up to________undesirable 'influences.' We all have to outgrow this through spiritual development, which is to say, choosing Love as Power. Fear/evil happens when we are invested in the belief that Love and power are separate. When you know your own Divinity THAT becomes your prime influence, whatever tools you may use to make it more present to your conscious mind.

But to answer your question retinoid, Jupiter in the 12th doesn't promote fear. Isolation increases loneliness and its important we enjoy the company of positive fellowship of some kind - religious or not.

Last edited: