Rectification - Should I use 'Solar Arcs' or 'Primary Directions'?

Kannon

Placidus only. In my in-depth rigorous rectification work the only house system that consistently and always gives the correct rulerships for major life events is Placidus. A complete rectification will validate a birth chart using declinations natally, in transits and progressions.

So I guess my answer to your thread question, "Should I use 'Solar Arcs' or 'Primary Directions'?" Is that neither are necessary. Stick with what is simplest and can be calculated most easily - for example on astro.com ... which is the software I use for all illustrations in this forum. They do transits and give a data sheet for any transit or secondary progression date on a pdf data sheet. Scroll down to the aspectarian(s) and look for aspects that are within about 1* in transits and always and only within minutes of arc for progressions: <0*09'> or less. Progressed to progressed planets are just as important as progressed to natal. Do one at a time, transits first to see what degree area is indicated, then when it looks good, go to the secondary progressions.

Example:
Gaddafi's death was by gunshot to head/chest. He was first bloodied up and beaten. This is a Mars event. I was able to discover his correct Asc without benefit of a birth time, by simply looking at Mars' position (18* Leo) and knowing that this confirms the fixity of his appearance (face/head rectangular/squarish) and personality (long hold onto power). This Mars position pointed to a middle fixed sign degree area, Aquarius and Leo most likely (its Aquarius). The list of progressed aspects for a chart at 17AQU45 natally is so long I would even type it here - all involving the correct rulers for the bloodless coup and death, and all within minutes of arc of exact.

If you'd like to be notified when my book is available The Rectification Manual, just email me. It will probably be in two volumes, the first one more basic, the second more advanced.

jill

Scroll down to the aspectarian(s) and look for aspects that are within about 1* in transits and always and only within minutes of arc for progressions: <0*09'> or less. Progressed to progressed planets are just as important as progressed to natal. Do one at a time, transits first to see what degree area is indicated, then when it looks good, go to the secondary progressions.

I'm already on it. I have charted out a graph in excel with columns for everything, including all transits for JUST my wedding day. I listed all planets, transits, declinations, in degree order - lowest to highest. So, far I have three hot spots. But the asc/MC aren't matching....yet. But I will keep at it. thanks for the advice.
jill

dr. farr

No, to my knolwedge they do not calculate Primary Directions; Primaries are quite complex to calculate (best book on how to is by Sepharial)-but in all honesty I have not found primaries either as accurate or as specific, as other methods (such as symbolic directions or the closely related solar arc directions)...