Poems And Affirmations đź’•

Thirdteenth

Good morning, afternoon and evening to everyone!
I like poems and affirmations :lol: Simple as that. If you would like to share a favorite poem of yours or even a poem that you have created yourself then here is a place for that Or is there an affirmation that gets stirs that fire in your belly and gets you motivated for the day?! Well come on down damnit! and share it :biggrin: Just as much as it helped you, it may be heplpful onto someone else as well :wink: Let’s clap it up for sharing and caring :joyful:

JlSUrF0.gif

Thirdteenth

There is a poem that I adore :love: I came across it ages ago and never let it go because it is a great tool to get out of a rut :joyful: It’s called There's a Hole in My Sidewalk by Portia Nelson. The poem itself is about a cycle, self-undoing, challenges, obstacles and addiction but also recovery and an ending of a repetitive cycle that a person can put themselves in (consciously or subconsciously). If there is a problem that happens to be on-going in your life then there could be a pattern and if you were to try to actively detect what patterns they are then it can be used an opportunity to put an ending to the underlying problem that is causing for all these other problems to come up! (I hope that made sense :lol:). Enough rambling, here is the poem. It’s short but affective if you can play your cards right :wink:

Chapter 1
I walk down the street.
There is a deep hole in the sidewalk.
I fall in.
I am lost… I am helpless.
It isn’t my fault.
It takes forever to find a way out.
Chapter 2
I walk down the street.
I pretend that I don’t see it.
I fall in again.
I can’t believe I am in this same place.
But, it isn’t my fault.
It still takes a long time to get out.
Chapter 3
I walk down the same street.
I see it is there.
I still fall in … it’s a habit … but, my eyes are open.
I know where I am.
It is my fault.
I get out immediately.
Chapter 4
I walk down the same street.
I walk around it.
Chapter 5
I walk down another street.

There is a painting by Frazetta (who is known for creating realistically unrealistic works of art and I love it :love: You can really get lost in his paintings. A fantasy world showed forth so well through a paint brush or drawing), where a grown muscular man is in a swamp environment and he is being entangled by this snake-like creature from beneath this swamp. The man has a knife in his right-hand and he seems to be struggling to untangle this creature from his limbs. He still continues to wrestle and fight through it appears (just from how his arms are positioned). I feel that this aligns well with Nelson’s poem about that sidewalk. It might not seem apparent at first, given the imagery but if you were to look at it for what it is then you can see that this snake-like creature would be the obstacle (that hole) and it is such an obstacle that it distorts that man’s vision from seeing a way to escape it release himself from that obstacle (are you still following me here? :lol:), so in turn it becomes more difficult.

p3s57Oc.jpg

However, like in the poem about walking around that sidewalk and walking to a different street, this man can use that knife (possibly :lol:) to stab that creature and get himself release from its coils but also there needs to be a will to want to do so because in the poem it mentions feelings of helplessness. Yeah, those feelings will come (Which is given when it comes to encountering difficult obstacles) but you cannot allow for yourself to just utterly give up because if this man were to give up fighting then he would die and allow for this creature to consume him. You have the power to change that friends :biggrin: I hope this helped someone. Anyways, this poem is great :love:

Bunraku

Wow you like Frazetta too?
I love him. I think he’s inspirational, because his technical skill as an artist and imagination is really off the charts.

Would you happen to have his birth data?

Thirdteenth

Wow you like Frazetta too?
I love him. I think he’s inspirational, because his technical skill as an artist and imagination is really off the charts.

Would you happen to have his birth data?

I do, I do, I surely do :lol: His art is so vivid, it’s like a dream but shown forth in a painting. God, is he amazing :love: Have you heard of Boris Vallejo? His art is similar to Frazetta.

Also this :bandit:
p7q5TyJ.jpg

Here’s his birth details! Unfortunately, his time of birth is unknown but this should do :joyful:
February 9th, 1928

Brooklyn, New York (NY)

Thirdteenth

You said nothing but a word! The mastermind behind those masterpieces! There’s also a very cute photo of him and his wife together below :joyful:

e2iFN0F.jpg

NYCdLIJ.jpg

obvATj2.jpg

KHNqqUo.jpg

Thirdteenth

To balance the scales here for poems and affirmations, I will be sharing two inspirational affirmations! I really like the first one :love:

“What this power is, I cannot say. All I know is that it exists and it becomes available only when you are in that state of mind in which you know exactly what you want and are fully determined not to quit until you get it.” - Alexander Graham Bell

“Attitude is a choice. Happiness is a choice. Optimism is a choice. Kindness is a choice. Giving is a choice. Respect is a choice. Whatever choice you make makes you. Choose wisely.”
― Roy T. Bennett, The Light in the Heart

JUPITERASC

198298-Do-Not-Let-The-Behaviour-Of-Others-Destroy-Your-Inner-Peace.jpg

Good morning, afternoon and evening to everyone!
I like poems and affirmations :lol: Simple as that. If you would like to share a favorite poem of yours or even a poem that you have created yourself then here is a place for that Or is there an affirmation that gets stirs that fire in your belly and gets you motivated for the day?! Well come on down damnit! and share it :biggrin: Just as much as it helped you, it may be heplpful onto someone else as well :wink: Let’s clap it up for sharing and caring :joyful:

JlSUrF0.gif

Thirdteenth

https://mobile.twitter.com/frazettagirls/status/1000775868183085056

Check this out :)
He is the model for these characters!!

Oh, he’s creative and innovative? :surprised: That literally put him up 10 levels in my book of just a masterful creator :love: I can see how that can be an advantage for him, rather than a setback because who knows your body more than yourself and to be an artist with his level of creativity he had to at least study the human anatomy to be so detailed in his art. I admire it a lot :) that’s dedication mixed with love for what you do. You just don’t go to that extent for any ol thing :lol:

Bunraku

Oh, he’s creative and innovative? :surprised: That literally put him up 10 levels in my book of just a masterful creator :love: I can see how that can be an advantage for him, rather than a setback because who knows your body more than yourself and to be an artist with his level of creativity he had to at least study the human anatomy to be so detailed in his art. I admire it a lot :) that’s dedication mixed with love for what you do. You just don’t go to that extent for any ol thing :lol:

What if you were his wife in a past life?
How happy would you have been in this marriage? :)

Thirdteenth

What if you were his wife in a past life?
How happy would you have been in this marriage? :)

Well, first I would have to want to get married in the first place :biggrin: I am not sure if I would be happy. I think prefer if I were his friend more than his companion.

Bunraku

I wouldnt want to get married. I value my freedom too much. And I don’t want to cook and clean all the time

Thirdteenth

I wouldnt want to get married. I value my freedom too much. And I don’t want to cook and clean all the time

Who said you have to cook and clean all day? :lol: Would it be a scenario where he forces his wife to be his personal maid around the house??