The Mental Map

Opal

Premium Member
I believe we have the capacity to be very instinctual.

Most humans don't follow their instincts.

We are socialized and trained to be what "they" want us to be.

I have read, that fluoride in the water is a good thing. I have read that fluoride in the water, inhibits us from seeing with our third eye.

Maybe in a less petrochemical world, our instincts would be sharper.

waybread

Greybeard, dogs co-evolved with humans; and in the process became more attuned to us and increasingly useful. Throughout history and prehistory, most dogs (like your husky) would have been working dogs. (This you know: just getting us on the same page.)

For some breeds, part of that usefulness would have been way-finding. Huskies who became used to pulling a sled along a given route would be more useful if they could somewhat memorize it, as to where the turns were, where the terrain was more difficult, and so on. Some of this probably goes by smell.

I once lived in a state neighboring yours, where I lived in a mountain subdivision. I had a border collie with a working dad. I would sometimes wander off solo into the hills by our home. When I let her take the lead off-leash, our dog was really good at finding her way back-- provided she didn't get distracted by a small animal. Then I had to get her back. But as you know, border collies are still used as working dogs throughout the West, where they have to range over enormous areas. I'm not sure a miniature lap dog would have this kind of ability.

Dogs have such a sense of play. Usually we restrict this to tossing a stick, but one of our dogs once, on a hike, slid down a late spring mountain snow patch. I feared she was hurt, but no-- darned if she didn't run to the top and slide down again.

Dog horoscopes are fun to look at. Thanks to veterinary records, I have two birth dates for our previous and current dog, both shelter dogs. They had/have the sun in Cancer, which I think accounts for their affectionate nature. The one had her sun-Venus in Cancer, and she was a total love sponge.

dark heart

VERY interesting thread! I have often wanted to draw a map of my dreams because all the locations are connected - slum, parkade, subway, ravine, river, bridge, train, work yards, orchids, swamp, alligator & danger.....dark forest.

Once I dreamed....
Machine built in space needed pilot, took me to our furthest reaches of space, so desolate and silent - SO FAMILIAR! multiple places it took me all of which I had felt as though I had been there before. But the machine malfunctioned, it took me to a place that was too far away; just like in water if you go too deep, then you do not have the breath to return. I drowned in space:( Never had I felt true pain in my dreams before but my molecules were being pulled apart in every direction. I was just about to give up when two beings intervened. The male was uninterested in my situation and looked down onto me as an insect, it was the lady who took him aside and convinced him to pick me up and carry me back to earth.

Sincerely, I love you mom and dad.

waybread

It might be interesting for folks to keep a dream journal, and then compare the night's dream/s with transits, notably of the subconscious planets: the moon, Pluto, and Neptune. It helps to know planetary rulerships.

Dream images of a slum and subway, for example, seem very Plutonian.

I kept a dream journal for a while, and am convinced the dream imagery reflected transits.