What aspects point to astrologers?

Just wondering.....

Who on the forum has ura conj mc?
I have seen around that this is a great indicator of a good astrologer. (pity mines at 10 deg!)
What do you have in your chart that makes you a good astrologer....(or at least helps you to enjoy astrology)?

LG

gaer

Liquid Green said:
Just wondering.....

I have seen around that this is a great indicator of a good astrologer. (pity mines at 10 deg!)
What do you have in your chart that makes you a good astrologer....(or at least helps you to enjoy astrology)?

LG
I don't think there is any one aspect or one "indication" in a chart that points to "astrology".

In addition, there are many different kinds of astrology. I would not think that same "talents" would be indicated for someone who is mainly interested in prediction of events and someone who is more interested in the psychological side of astrology.

I do Uranus in the 10th, but not conjunct the MC. Juno IS conjunct my MC, so if anyone else has that position, I'd be interested. :)

NicholasH

i have the transneptunian point Apollon exactly conjunct my ascendent. i have been told that Apollon is on of the rulers of astrology and its an indicator of it in a chart.

this is just my personal idea, but i think that i've seen more people with the influences of cancer, virgo, and aquarius are into and understand astrology than other signs. Now i'm not saying sun, but thoses three signs strongly placed in a chart.

whats ur birthday, time, place so i can check ur chart out budday

nick

Hi Gaer and Nick,

I understand one aspect in a chart doesnt lead to any conclusions to ANY subject, but thought it would be good to see what people attribute in their charts to their love of astrology. I have uranus in the 10th and i think my merc square to uranus gives me glimpses of insight. my aqua asc i think also helps......here are my details to see what you think aswell

13/01/75 7.16am Frankston, australia
Please note....if using astrodienst charts the orbs used on the default natal are huge!

Arian Maverick

I've got Uranus conjunct my Midheaven, but I'm certainly not a great astrologer. It may explain my interest in astrology, though...

Mercury is the traditional ruler of astrology, so I'd also look for this planet strongly placed.

Arian Maverick

Last edited:

Neptune Rising

Does Pluto have anything to do with it? I have Pluto in the 10th, (but I'm not a good astrologer), maybe that is why I'm always on this forum since joining - intense investigation..

I have Ceres and Juno around the IC, and haven't got a clue what that means.

NR

Kingsley

Mercury/Uranus contacts are good for Astrologers, like merc trine Uranus etc.

Moon in 9th is another

sometimes the balsamic moon phase is also a drive for learning astrology .

kingsley

Kingsley

I don't think Uranus on any angle is that good for an astrologer. When you consider the planets as friends and foes, Uranus in my mind tends to be on the foe side of things.

Astrology is about analysis, mathematics, good memory-long term, language, visualising, making reasonable judgements, detective work, counselling, healing, intuition etc etc.

Mercury/uranus allows for a different kind of thinking, and is also pretty good for IT people. At least Uranus is supposedly good for long term memory; that helps with remembering all the aphorisms and aspects configurations. Its such a multi leveled persuit and one must learn to think on different levels at the same time. Uranus on the angle will represent how things always seem to change or become interupted at that angle. Sometimes its more about expressing ones uniqueness, being different in the way Uranus on the angle would describe.

kingsley

Thanks everyone for your comments.
I think you all are good astrologers.....your all here!....you may be at the beginning of your journey, and may have only the need to learn for yourselves....others here are clearly here Knowing alot...but the fact is, if you all compare yourselves to the general population of the world, we are all somewhat astrologers.....I am really at the infant stage, and so are probably a good percentage of you...?
I think the common denomentator so far is uranus, merc and moon.....And i believe some outer planetary objects were also mentioned (for those i'll have to take your word for it!)
Anything else?.........Do you think neptune can bring a sense of intuition needed to interpret charts? ( ithink i'll change the question slightly to what aspects ,configs help allow you to read charts?)
thanks LG

Kaiousei no Senshi

Premium Member
Do you think neptune can bring a sense of intuition needed to interpret charts?

I don't know about Neptune, wouldn't trust him with clarity. :D

Nothing even close to there in my chart unless you count the NN.

Well, you're doing better than me, I've got zip in the Ninth house. It's just my Lord of Genture, Jupiter, rules this house. :)

Kingsley

Yes, I would count the nodes there Gaer

The ninth house has much to do with Astrology, dreams, philosophy and religion etc. It also tends to represent ones beliefs which either on an existential level or even ones that were made erroneosly during child development. In some respects the 9th can be about attitudes and values one establishes as a course of developing certain beliefs.

That is a good point to have in the ninth for an astrologer Gaer.

kingsley

wilsontc

Staff member
friends and foes, to Kingsley

Kingsley,

You said:
I don't think Uranus on any angle is that good for an astrologer. When you consider the planets as friends and foes, Uranus in my mind tends to be on the foe side of things.

I think it isn't that useful to think of planets as being either all good or all bad. Since we all have the same planets in our charts, it is best to make peace with them and learn how to use their energies. Uranus energy can be about innovation, restructuring, or rebuilding. It can also be about rebellion, destruction, and breaking up things. What we make of our Uranus energies is up to us.

Planetary energies on the angles make those energies more intense and "hard hitting" in our life. Since Uranus energy is associated with astrology in some schools of astrological thought, Uranus on the angles can create an intense interest in astrology.

Making friends with "foes",

Tim

Moulin

Yes, great post Tim!

No wonder l am here then with that Uranus bear hugging my DC :D:D

curiousity luckily didn't kill the cat ;)