Should I take the job offer?

moonmoney

Last night a job offer almost literally fell into my lap. It is a position I applied for in June or so and originally did not hear back from the higher-ups, but the friendly acquaintance who first encouraged me to apply has since been promoted and is now completely running the show. He says the job is mine if I want it, that I have first dibs (thanks, cancer supermoon!)

The issue is that I don't think I have sufficient availability around my current job to do both at once. I believe I would be forced to choose one or the other. I'm not happy at my current job--I don't feel that I am respected and that my talents are going to waste, but do not know that it would be worth it to sacrifice the relative security to make that gamble, especially because I am experiencing a time in my life where I have some legal obligations I am also needing to focus on -- stability is very helpful, and it may not look amazing if I leave a 9-5 at a veterinary clinic to go work at a bar.

I am moon in 2nd house (how appropriate, that I am so concerned with stability and financial security.) Moon is squaring both the ruler of the 10th (mars) and ruler of the 6th (jupiter), the houses I'd expect to look at for something job-related. They are conjunct. Mars and jupiter seem to make good aspects to other planets, maybe just not the moon. I don't think it's looking great but I can't tell exactly why. Can anyone please provide insight?

Please and thank you so much, you wonderful folks :love:

Attachments

• moonmoney.jpg
    moonmoney.jpg
    45.2 KB · Views: 43

obsidianmineral

Last night a job offer almost literally fell into my lap. It is a position I applied for in June or so and originally did not hear back from the higher-ups, but the friendly acquaintance who first encouraged me to apply has since been promoted and is now completely running the show. He says the job is mine if I want it, that I have first dibs (thanks, cancer supermoon!)

The issue is that I don't think I have sufficient availability around my current job to do both at once. I believe I would be forced to choose one or the other. I'm not happy at my current job--I don't feel that I am respected and that my talents are going to waste, but do not know that it would be worth it to sacrifice the relative security to make that gamble, especially because I am experiencing a time in my life where I have some legal obligations I am also needing to focus on -- stability is very helpful, and it may not look amazing if I leave a 9-5 at a veterinary clinic to go work at a bar.

I am moon in 2nd house (how appropriate, that I am so concerned with stability and financial security.) Moon is squaring both the ruler of the 10th (mars) and ruler of the 6th (jupiter), the houses I'd expect to look at for something job-related. They are conjunct. Mars and jupiter seem to make good aspects to other planets, maybe just not the moon. I don't think it's looking great but I can't tell exactly why. Can anyone please provide insight?

Please and thank you so much, you wonderful folks :love:

After reading this chart I can say that your current job is not satisfying you like you said, since :moon: is peregrine, but the new job could be better for you objectively speaking, but not as comfortable considering :mars: and :jupiter: are :conjunct: in :scorpio:, which is the fall of the :moon:. I would suggest you to find more information about the new job and ask your friendly acquaintance about it and then decide for yourself. Don't worry about your financial security though; considering the Moon is applying to the North Node, things should improve soon on their own.

Sunrise

dear, I will agree with the above. First explored well before you made any move.
The path of the moon is quite stressful for now!
good luck

Culpeper

Premium Member
While there is a difficult square aspect from the Moon, the chart indicates an opportunity. If your current job is unsatisfactory, this one has the potential for advancement and more money. Give it some serious consideration.

rafaella

It seems you will try do both jobs at the same time. Moon squares Mars and Jupiter, Mars is future job, Jupiter is current. Both in fall of Moon. Its will be a struggle.

I think try out both for a time and see how you go, you can then decide which one you prefer. Or perhaps take a break from current job, an try new job. And yes going from veterinary clinic to a bar will raise a few eyebrows, it looks like going backwards in the career progression, but it depends on what your actual job responsibilities are.

moonmoney

Thank you all for your responses! Just a quick update. Things are still early and likely aren't done shaking out BUT

I was ready to reject the offer as I wasn't convinced I would have enough time in my schedule to be able to work the required hours and am not willing to give up my current job with so many unknown factors. I still have reservations concerning my time management and honestly my sobriety--while I do not feel that I have a drinking problem that would necessitate my avoidance entirely of working in the service industry, I am concerned that the culture among coworkers could cause me to backslide into irresponsible behavior if I am not careful and do not keep my wits about me. I recognize that I need to tread carefully, keep my priorities in mind at all times, and really REALLY make the effort to manage my time well.

All that being said, I signed the paperwork last night. My coworker at my current job (my friend) encouraged me to just go talk to the manager at the new job (also my friend) and he ended up saying that I don't need to worry about making the decision to come on full-time, that he would be willing to break the full-time position into two part-time positions between myself and someone else in order to retain me. It's up to me if I want to be full-time. I can decide. So I'm going to try this out and juggle for a bit and see if it's something I can work with.

It does seem like I stand to start making some seeeeeeerious money from this new job and maybe even opportunity for advancement. So, despite the concerns I have (I am going to see how it goes and be careful here) I was really encouraged by those of you who said that this job represents something of an opportunity, and really blown away by rafaella's prediction that I would be trying to juggle both at once (by the time that reply was posted, the ink was already dry on the tax forms.)

I will update again when things progress. If anyone has anything else to add about potential pitfalls, etc, please share.

Last edited:

moonmoney

Actually, I do have a follow-up question. I may be reading too far into this for basic horary, but I think that the chart is also indicating that I will likely find a harmonious element to interactions with the new coworkers... is this true? 7th house ruler Capricorn domicile in the 6th house?

Also, should I be worried about Mercury as the ruler of the 12th house sitting in the 6th house, especially in relation to my drinking-- esp aspecting Neptune? (or do the outers not really matter?)

Thanks

Last edited:

moonmoney

Update: Although I had decided to go through with training and trying it out, filled out the paperwork and worked there for a month, new employers did not offer me employment past training because of too many complications affecting attendance (illness, juggling the "old job", car issues) although they liked me as a person and like my skills. So that is how that shook out. So still at new job (good for me to not have lost out too much) but now without a car, further than before from ensuring a greater degree of material security and with no other interesting opportunities for anything new on the horizon.

Thank you all for your input.