USA Nov. 2020 Presidential Election, the Democrat Party Contenders

david starling

I'd like to add that I don't care for what has become of the A.R.E. since the Cayce family, seemingly, no longer has any input on administrative decisions.
...and I must wonder what of the one third of the readings that were never released publicly. Who has access to them and, or, what ever became of them?

What is A.R.E.'s stance regarding astrology in general?

leomoon

piercethevale #151:
I'd like to add that I don't care for what has become of the A.R.E. since the Cayce family, seemingly, no longer has any input on administrative decisions.
...and I must wonder what of the one third of the readings that were never released publicly. Who has access to them and, or, what ever became of them?

I'd question the idea of there being 1/3rd. No where near that amount, just a few from all I've gathered compared to the released ones, which are enough for anyone to go over in one lifetime, imo:
Gain access to the entire online database of 14,306 Edgar Cayce readings plus receive our quarterly magazine
As for the few who are not available? Well, when you have access to the notes, the background info as I use to have but they've changed their online computerized access program a bit now....to restrict some notes. I still have the computer programs for them, BUT unfortunately, my computer is a Windows 7, and not really well equipped anymore to access a lot of this. It won't work with the new updated browser, and as far as I know, only with the old Internet Explorer. The brand NEW CD won't include those notes and background info.

Then of course there is the favored author status like Sidney Kirkpatrick who was given rather unusual (for most) access to these people who had readings which you wonder about (Edison, Nikola Tesla and some whose names escape me now) ....Kirkpatrick has a lot of info that he has written about heretofore not released. I think he said he was given access to the"vault", lol.

Another one who wrote is Ry (Ryland) Redd, but his depth of curiosity before he passed away prematurely was seeking access to the readings in order to gain a deeper knowledge of his astrology. He wrote in the one I have (out of print now), but probably can be found online in used condition, ...not so much about the hidden ones you wondered about but about the "missing" ingredient he felt surely was there to explain to him what has since been written about and published, "the Past Life Astrology Review" and for awhile gained a lot of interest.

I attempted to explain what Ry Redd found, (in case his smaller pamphlet style book didn't adequately), that the "key" was in what he found out from the Vedic Astrologer B.V.Raman once in New York at a Vedic/Sidereal astrology symposium He told Raman about the confusion he had over the Cayce readings when it came to studying the astrology positions and people's past lives.

B.V.Raman told Ry that it sounded to hm like Cayce was speaking about what the hindus call Brahmin Angelic realms, and the guards which watch over these realms. [FONT=&quot]Mr. Raman told him that he thought Cayce may have been referring to the Sidereal Ascendant or the ancient concept of Loka found in the Brahmin religion sect. [/FONT]

I wrote in one entitled "Expanding on the Astrology of Edgar Cayce" Kindle and in another about the "key" being the Loka and how to find it. There are still many online Past Life Readings (Ry Redd was the FIRST person to ever walk in there in Va.Beach and be given access to the vaults to learn about astrology and computerize all he could glean after then talking with B.V.Raman for aid and assistance in the Sidereal)

Here is what the current President of the A.R.E. says about Ry Reddd's work:
https://www.edgarcayce.org/about-us...ast-lives-and-the-past-life-astrology-chart/#

By and large I'd agree with you that most of the family is dead and gone having lost Hugh Lynn Cayce, in the late 80s and then the younger son, Edgar Evans in the 90s and then the grandson more recently - Charles Thomas Cayce dearly beloved and admired. (he was once Cayce's own grandfather who died on that horse accident you may have read about when Edgar was very very young and use to appear to him in visions)

I don't know if this is why Charles Thomas (Hugh Lynn's son) was so beloved, but I think all of them were extremely nice people and very ethical.
I don't know that its changed much however, as his daughter (Edgar's great granddaughter) also is part of the A.R.E. perhaps not the everyday stuff, but certainly still playing a role in the organization.

I have no complaints about them except that they sold Shirley McLaine's book in their bookstore last time I was there a long time ago- which irked me because of the nonsense it asked people to believe. There is also a funny ending to that fiasco. But that's just my hangup . Where there is profit, they likely will sell New Age books for any author anyone heard about and wants to buy (imo) but they do a LOT of good with the funds left over after paychecks that is including prison outreach programs.

https://www.astro.com/astro-databank/Redd,_Ry

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/28815453-toward-a-new-astrology

This is definitely "off topic" now, so I bid a fond adieu on this subject, but if you open a thread I'd more then likely participate in it. My once favorite subject.

I'd say your best best today for the Readings omitted would be to find some of them in the Sidney Kirkpatrick's books at the library or Amazon. I think he wrote yet another recently and likes to add these little known facts.

Last edited:

leomoon

I think I just posted a post above this one which will explain it somewhat. If not, I'd be glad to try & help if I know the answer. They've always been open to Astrology just as their father/grandfather and patron was.

There is still much to learn or as Edgar himself once said: "Its a vast, vast subject indeed"

http://www.snowcrest.net/sunrise/aapersian%20astrology5.htm

It would be great if someone truly interested in EC's work then and today, opened a thread, as I'm sure I'd readily participate.

https://www.edgarcayce.org/about-us...ast-lives-and-the-past-life-astrology-chart/#

https://www.edgarcayce.org/the-readings/his-readings/

Dreams too, would be great to participate in ....

Last edited:

leomoon

i SAVED this one from years ago.....very interesting indeed probably should be on the ? Traditional Astrology Philosophy boards?

Seems this is a wider site then just this page:
http://www.snowcrest.net/sunrise/aapersian%20astrology5.htm

As the readings state:
“For as we have indicated, there are two, yea three phases or schools through which such information, such charts, such characters have been carried - the Egyptian, the Persian, the Indian. The Persian is a combination...of all of these...” (826-8)
These Persian-Arab texts are the works that have recently been translated by Dr. Benjamin Dykes: a series of three large books titled Persian Nativities. (Cazimi Press, 2009-2010) Similar and additional works have recently been translated by James H. Holden and others as well. So today we have a fine selection of texts for anyone who wishes to delve into Persian astrology. These texts are not for the faint of heart or non-astrologers, however. Techniques are technically complex and require a great deal of study. We do know for a fact, however, that the zodiac used by these astrologers was sidereal with the calculation tables set in 556 C.E. in the Zij al Shah. One of the best known astrologers of this period, Masha-allah, made a disparaging remark about Ptolemy’s Egyptian (tropical) zodiac
“Also, the Egyptians wholly dissented on the course of the stars...For instance, Ptolemy, concerning the length and breadth of the stars [measurements of longitude and latitude] puts it that there is an addition of one degree [due to precession of the equinoxes] for every succeeding 100 years, all of which is plainly omitted in the Zij al-Shah." (Persian Nativities, Vol. 1, p. 16)

His closest active in the A.R.E. relative today, is his granddaughter Corinne:
https://www.edgarcayce.org/events/event-listings/event-speakers/corinne-cayce/

Last edited:

piercethevale

Cayce denounced the use of it as the craft stood and was applied during his time. As far as I know Rudhyar is the only one that guided it back in the right direction.
I truly believe that, one day in the distant future but hopefully not too far distant, that Dane's book on the Sabian Symbols will be regarded as one of the most important books of the 20th century.

The current admin. however, began giving free horoscopes away with a paid membership in the A.R.E. sometime in the last 15 years, or so. I gave them a lot of guff over that and they apologized, even wrote "What are we to do?" to me in reply...to which I, of course wrote back, "Follow my lead", but they are still doing it ...at least up to the last time I checked a couple of years ago.
I did notice one small disclaimer once that the horoscope should be considered to be "for entertainment purposes only" but then posted a series of accolades from members that claimed it to be highly accurate in description of themselves.

One has to be a rather serious student of the Cayce material to find what Cayce's opinion of astrology was and all the more so to learn that the information He gave was mostly channelled.

People take word of mouth recommendations from trusted friends as to one of Cayce's medical recommendations and then start naturally assuming the A.R.E. is on the "up and up" and may even trust them implicitly, is the danm problem.

piercethevale

I'd question the idea of there being 1/3rd. No where near that amount, just a few from all I've gathered compared to the released ones, which are enough for anyone to go over in one lifetime, imo:
As for the few who are not available? Well, when you have access to the notes, the background info as I use to have but they've changed their online computerized access program a bit now....to restrict some notes. I still have the computer programs for them, BUT unfortunately, my computer is a Windows 7, and not really well equipped anymore to access a lot of this. It won't work with the new updated browser, and as far as I know, only with the old Internet Explorer. The brand NEW CD won't include those notes and background info.

Then of course there is the favored author status like Sidney Kirkpatrick who was given rather unusual (for most) access to these people who had readings which you wonder about (Edison, Nikola Tesla and some whose names escape me now) ....Kirkpatrick has a lot of info that he has written about heretofore not released. I think he said he was given access to the"vault", lol.

Another one who wrote is Ry (Ryland) Redd, but his depth of curiosity before he passed away prematurely was seeking access to the readings in order to gain a deeper knowledge of his astrology. He wrote in the one I have (out of print now), but probably can be found online in used condition, ...not so much about the hidden ones you wondered about but about the "missing" ingredient he felt surely was there to explain to him what has since been written about and published, "the Past Life Astrology Review" and for awhile gained a lot of interest.

I attempted to explain what Ry Redd found, (in case his smaller pamphlet style book didn't adequately), that the "key" was in what he found out from the Vedic Astrologer B.V.Raman once in New York at a Vedic/Sidereal astrology symposium He told Raman about the confusion he had over the Cayce readings when it came to studying the astrology positions and people's past lives.

B.V.Raman told Ry that it sounded to hm like Cayce was speaking about what the hindus call Brahmin Angelic realms, and the guards which watch over these realms. [FONT=&quot]Mr. Raman told him that he thought Cayce may have been referring to the Sidereal Ascendant or the ancient concept of Loka found in the Brahmin religion sect. [/FONT]

I wrote in one entitled "Expanding on the Astrology of Edgar Cayce" Kindle and in another about the "key" being the Loka and how to find it. There are still many online Past Life Readings (Ry Redd was the FIRST person to ever walk in there in Va.Beach and be given access to the vaults to learn about astrology and computerize all he could glean after then talking with B.V.Raman for aid and assistance in the Sidereal)

Here is what the current President of the A.R.E. says about Ry Reddd's work:

By and large I'd agree with you that most of the family is dead and gone having lost Hugh Lynn Cayce, in the late 80s and then the younger son, Edgar Evans in the 90s and then the grandson more recently - Charles Thomas Cayce dearly beloved and admired. (he was once Cayce's own grandfather who died on that horse accident you may have read about when Edgar was very very young and use to appear to him in visions)

I don't know if this is why Charles Thomas (Hugh Lynn's son) was so beloved, but I think all of them were extremely nice people and very ethical.
I don't know that its changed much however, as his daughter (Edgar's great granddaughter) also is part of the A.R.E. perhaps not the everyday stuff, but certainly still playing a role in the organization.

I have no complaints about them except that they sold Shirley McLaine's book in their bookstore last time I was there a long time ago- which irked me because of the nonsense it asked people to believe. There is also a funny ending to that fiasco. But that's just my hangup . Where there is profit, they likely will sell New Age books for any author anyone heard about and wants to buy (imo) but they do a LOT of good with the funds left over after paychecks that is including prison outreach programs.

https://www.astro.com/astro-databank/Redd,_Ry

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/28815453-toward-a-new-astrology

This is definitely "off topic" now, so I bid a fond adieu on this subject, but if you open a thread I'd more then likely participate in it. My once favorite subject.

I'd say your best best today for the Readings omitted would be to find some of them in the Sidney Kirkpatrick's books at the library or Amazon. I think he wrote yet another recently and likes to add these little known facts.

I see you've really delved into the research on Edgar and know the organization a lot better than I might even wish to.

I will stand by what I said about almost a third having never been released. I believe that number is as to the total number of individual readings given. So as to a total count or characters in a text it my be that it is mush less, but I've read that in at least two different sources and possibly as many as four.

There was a woman, whom was briefly a member here some years ago, that was very studied in what Edgar said about astrology, all told. She had been a member of a study group, somewhere in the Midwest I recall, Indiana, I think it was, that set me straight about a number of things they gleaned from having studied every reading they could fined in which Edgar brought up, or was directly addressing the subject of astrology. It was from her that I learned that most people, Edgar had indicated based on something like around 100 people that had been given astrological advice by Edgar, that most people are affected by from only 3 to as many as 6 of the total planets. I assume that didn't include the Luminaries. rare are those that are affected by less or more, rarest of all those affected by them all. [I'm one of those lucky few, which has come form years of constant observation, along with a reassuring confirmation by my trusted friend and renowned clairvoyant, Clarisse Conner].

Cayce also added "And all angles to the Ascendant" as to what an individual is affected by. That's why I believe all the Astrological Parts that utilize the Asc. as the 'Personal Point" in their derivative formulae to surely be included as those produce angles to the Asc. I then must also trust all Astrological Parts formulae that utilize any of the Houses cusps for a Personal Point , most esp the M.C. and the other two angular House cusps, the I.C. and Desc. if any become known to me... as I rather sure I haven't and that there aren't any on the list I have compiled in a thread dedicated to the subject of Parts and Lots.

I naturally have to assume that national natal charts are affected by everything as the chart is actually a compilation of its citizenry, or I should say the society of its citizens as a whole... or at least what it was born as in the beginning.

Trevor Ravenscroft, whom got it from Rudolf Steiner's works, wrote that the bloodline of the Virgin Mary/Mariam, is particularly affected by astrological conditions. That would then be the House of David. That bloodline , by legend, was introduced into Breton, around 42 A.D. when Joseph of Arimathea, Mary/Mariam's brother and James/Yakov, Yeshu'a's biological brother, and First Bishop of Jerusalem, son of Mary and Joseph, [as you must know about Yeshu'a's/Jesus' three siblings from the Cayce readings] both settled there and took local women for wives. They also established the very first Christian Church there, at what is now know as Glastonbury, in 42 A.D. to which the Vatican, rather recently, finally conceded does predate that of Peter's in Rome, but got little, if any, media coverage...

Thus, that bloodline runs in the veins of many an English man and woman to this day, and God only knows where all else after 2000 years of British colonization and exploration.

The one whom is the,predicted [by R. Steiner] reincarnation of Parsival is descended from that bloodline, according to Ravenscroft, whom got it from Steiner, apparently.

I have a thread on Cayce already, but rather old now I suppose. I'll see if I can find it, give it a review and see if it's worth revival, or give some thought to starting one afresh.

Nice chatting with you.
It's been most enlightening.
Appreciatively, ptv

piercethevale

I also found it to be most interesting that Edgar not only praised and highly recommended the study of astrology, when it is properly understood, but also the much maligned, ancient science of phrenology.

david starling

I'm surprised that the Trump-supporters aren't blaming this week's Stock Market crash on a fear of Bernie getting elected! Or, maybe they are, and I just haven't heard about it yet.

david starling

I also found it to be most interesting that Edgar not only praised and highly recommended the study of astrology, when it is properly understood, but also the much maligned, ancient science of phrenology.

I think you mentioned that he was down on tropical though, because it's more mundane than spiritual?

leomoon

I suppose people can interpret the way they wish to:

http://www.snowcrest.net/sunrise/aapersian astrology5.htm
EDGAR CAYCE AND ASTROLOGY:

SOLVING THE PERSIAN MYSTERY
Therese Hamilton

My understanding of Cayce's astrology is that all beings are spiritual beings, therefore, their natal chart "reflect" those lifetimes they lived or (alternately? live)
The vibrations in the charts we all must come to grips with, (none of us are perfect), are ones we EARNED in these lifetimes. Perhaps the one lifetime we know as the personality we carry now, is more aligned or being worked on by the universal soul, to 1 or 2 lifetimes, to hone or pay for things we did "then" . I recall he did say that what we are (as a soul) is reflected in the natal charts. He didn't say "everything we are" just this lifetime

For example: Before Charles Thomas Cayce died (the last Cayce death, the grandson), he wrote an article in Venture Forward that caught my attention. In it he spoke of at least 10-perhaps 15 (can't recall without looking at my book notes now), people, many of whom not only had life readings, but were actually linked to the A.R.E. for some time. In this way and because of that, Charles Thomas noted that his father Hugh Lynn as well said many of these people would surprise when looking at their lives known by others, i.e. personalities only. He said some of them were grumpy, some drank too much (one was an alcoholic) another whatever, the foibles were. I put these all into a book after doing their natal charts . For sure these individuals mentioned most (but not ALL ) had serious issues when alive they grappled with. YET, what joined them together as a group as far as I was concerned, was that none of them would need to return to earth again (according to Cayce).

We can only undrstand this if we understand not only multiple lifetimes are part of the soul's journey, but perhaps even alternate ones happening at about the same time.

continued (because of type face, I can't seem to align or change it)....:(

Something to consider. Take it or leave it.

From my readily available notes, some of them included:
1) An Engineer
2) Salem Witchcraft who also was a Christian Moslem (over time)
3)One I called "The Medicine Woman" apparently an American Indian where she made superb gains in life.

4) One who was once Eric the Red (the son, not the father)

Last edited:

leomoon

I think you mentioned that he was down on tropical though, because it's more mundane than spiritual?

This one, (one of 17 I see now), was a woman who had once been a friend of Nero: (from my book)

[FONT=&quot]She had been a friend of Nero’s as mentioned, that Emperor who was so often spoken of in history who was excessive in every way in his temperament. So too, as a male friend a fiddler, Mrs. 5366 had been a male in that lifetime named “Emersen”. She was given a few other lifetimes to consider, one or two in Egypt and the one prior in this country, the United States, named Jane Eyericson. Of course once in awhile the phonetic sound that the stenographer inserted in her notes, may actually have been a different spelling of these names too.
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]I also loved this one line, and I’m sure many of Cayce’s fans will recall reading it somewhere, especially those who subscribe to the Thought of the Day from the A.R.E. as it’s come around a few times over the years:
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]

14. “ Who would tell the rose how to be beautiful; who would give to the morning sun, glory; who would tell the stars how to be beautiful? Keep that faith! which has prompted thee. Many will gain much from thy patience, thy consistence, thy brotherly love (5366-1)”

I would have to agree with Charles Thomas in his article that reading of these 17 special people, gives us all hope and reason to keep on doing good works and try and ignore the shortcomings of life, the best we can understanding the larger picture says there is rhyme and reason to it after all.

Hannah, (mother of Eric the Red) - wife of the bad one.

One had been Martha 2,000 yrs ago, sister of Mary & Lazarus
English governess, Oliver Cromwell, a singer & dancer - "Judy" the Essene teacher of Jesus when he was young. on and on.

One of the 3 Magi was told this.
Lucky for me, I was able to find most of them (if not all of them) birth natal information as well in many cases, their tob.

Its can be found (if you have Prime Amazon, you can read it for free) in " Edgar Cayce on Past Lives" and find their charts. Of course its also available on Kindle under author D.M.Hoover
I'd love to hear others who are adept and opened in astrology give feedback after looking at these charts and perhaps coming up with newer ideas (like theMC, the angles, and not only the ASC, but a type of natal reading, Mr. Cayce gave himself from the same source.)....

I did the best I could with the info. back in 2013. I have since posted a few of these charts with feedback from some who know both Vedic & Tropical which was nice that they could see something of value to it.

The 17 told "no need to return".

Background example:

[FONT=&quot] in reading 1143-2, “This entity may with the keeping of those developments make its peace in such a manner as for there to be few or none of the turmoil of the earth in its experiences again.” [/FONT][FONT=&quot][pg. 15 Venture Inward Oct. 2009 author Charles Thomas Cayce “Is Reincarnation ever Unnecessary?”][/FONT][FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Where you can also read for free the charts and background:[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00E3FPO72
[/FONT]

Last edited:

leomoon

Now what? Biden, Bernie or even Bloomberg? on Super Tuesday since at least one of the Billionaires, Tom Steyer dropped out yesterday.

I wonder if this or more similar revelations will now come to the forefront IF Bloomberg persists? Surprised DJT didn't jump on it already, or maybe he will in his arsenal if he deems it necessary of course. Since he is similarly guilty in many ways, with those he partied with, socialized with, befriended in Israel, perhaps not.

https://www.mintpressnews.com/mike-bloomberg-ties-jeffery-epstein-harvey-weinstein/265369/

I thought this perspective from an American ex Pat living in England,hit the nail on the head when it comes to the "stable genius" in the WH. they are trying desperately to upend. Its a shame the Republicans are so corrupted today, they didn't allow another to run against DJT, then they'd have a fighting chance. Gov. Bill Weld "seems normal" enough, of the Reagan type, can speak well in public is polite, educated, etc. (180°different from djt the con guy)...BUT the Republicans will not allow him to run in various states which djt controls now. Their loss!

https://www.quora.com/

Has Donald Trump's vocabulary improved in speeches as of late?

Revel Arroway, American Ex-patriot, living in Europe, observing from afar
Answered Jan 22

Found today on Quora: Excerpt from an "incoherent" embarrassing speech in Davos.

Hey.
This is an excerpt that “caught my ear” from Mr Trump’s speech in Davos:
“….and we’re continuing to work on things that you’ll be hearing about in the near future that even today, sitting here right now you wouldn’t believe it’s possible that we have found the answers, you’ll be hearing about it, but we have found answers to things that people said would not be possible certainly not in a very short period of time but the wonders of the last century will pale in comparison to what today’s young innovators will achieve because they are doing things that nobody thought even feasible to begin …. “

What “things”?
As the rest of the speech seemed to be scripted (he continues to pause both at the end of lines and while waiting for the tele-text to scroll, like a high school kid reading poetry from a textbook), this snippet seems to be a bit improvised and he falls back on his favorite, empty vocabulary of his everyday speech:

• things
  • you’ll be hearing about
  • you wouldn’t believe possible
  • people said
  • nobody thought
Excepting “new” words that might be included in his teletext feed, Mr Trump has not shown any vocabulary improvement over the past three years at all.

leomoon

Oh, the one that big boy Jared is in charge of now? Just like a Middle East brokered deal with the Palestinians. Well, at least the Mexicans won't be paying for it now or ever! Just another Don-con job people buy into.

Meanwhile: From an ex Secretary Treasury well known because he is also a Professor at Berkley I believe -

FB today he posted this pesky "FACT":

Robert Reich

1 hr ·

In 1985, the typical male worker needed 30 weeks’ pay to support a family of four’s major living costs: housing, healthcare, transportation, and education. In 2018, he needed 53 weeks’ pay to get there — which, considering there are only 52 weeks in a year, is a major problem. And it’s even worse for women: in 1985, the typical female worker needed to work for 45 weeks to afford the four major living costs; in 2018, she needed to work 66 weeks.

This means that a single-income household is barely staying afloat on the median U.S. income. Decades of stagnant wages, coupled with skyrocketing costs of living and failed trickle-down policies, have created a middle class in crisis. Record unemployment numbers mean absolutely nothing when wages are stagnant and families are scraping by. The next time you hear Trump boast about the “best economy ever”, know the truth.

Last edited:

leomoon

I "hear" tons of conservative democrats, (right of center perhaps?) feel SAFER with Joe Biden then Senator Sanders. I'd like to ask you, (if you are one, whoever you are), what then will you do when 50 million or more will become uninsured when the Republican majority Supreme Court axes ACA currenly called Obamacare? Its been a Republican agenda, on Fox News and on the potus page for many many years now.

I have the original ACA chart when it was created, perhaps because my middle daughter worked then towards instituting it for the Obama Administration Health officials who visited this State (and I"m sure most of them). It wasn't an easy job, but she was up to the task and ideal, helping switch many from the State to ACA, then back again to the State when ACA started being chopped. Not sure how it all worked but it was accomplished and her focus was the southern portion of our State's prison system, then and now.

When I erected the chart it didn't look like the ACA would even last this long. I think the Supreme Court is likely looking at it because didn't the Republican White House at the behest of Trump already won the federal State Appeals case? I thought they had, which would mean this look by the Supreme Court is a last ditch effort by the other side, those who care about the 300 million or more citizens ultimate health & ability to stay healthy in this country. Even IF 3/4 of our citizens are insured privately, (my daughters have excellent health care plans with their companies but still the bookkeepers decide what they'll pay as a deductible. and even if their children are covered for certain procedures or not)

The bookkeepers of course, only Bernie Sanders speaks about in our profit driven health care system.

Now what happens if the Supreme Court dumps ACA entirely? I think they will else, why not give it to us now, BEFORE the November Election?

I think I know the answer already.

BTW, what is Joe Biden's "alternate" plan to Obamacare as he terms it? Thats the ONLY plan I ever heard him speak about. :unsure:

https://nypost.com/2020/03/02/supre...6jVBeGbQ24rIPhNMV0EbkMrkfZdKLokFQZGGNKaJQr6OM

@nypost
Office of the Actuary of the Department of Health and Human Services projected its financial impact released the official tabulation of health care spending in 2017. The bottom line: cumulatively from 2010 to 2017 the ACA reduced health care spending a total of $2.3 trillion.

(for actual figures and estimated costs & savings see the pdf link on the link from NY Post ...and open if one cares to.

Last edited:

david starling

Biden seems to be considering picking a woman for his running mate. What's your take on Amy Klobuchar, since she's no longer running for President, and has thrown her support to his candidacy?

leomoon

I never was able to get over Amy K's taking out her rat-tail comb in the airport lobby waiting for the plane with her secretary and others, and they reported she didn't have the necessary fork she wanted to eat with, (was it chinese food?), and shocked passengers watched her open her purse, take out a rat-tail comb and eat with it. :crying:

Nah, give me Elizabeth Warren over Amy K. Perhaps Biden will kick the bucket early too, :cool:
Please understand, its my personal bias over that comb story , plus they say she was mean and nasty, downright rude to her employees apparently considering others beneath her.

p.s. truth is, I'd vote for a "pig in a poke" to get Trump out of office, but thats how I feel about the two (p's) now honestly. I hate to say it.

Last edited:

leomoon

Either Biden OR Bernie Sanders imo should choose (ask politely) for

1) Sen. Cory Booker to be Vp New Jersey

2) or Senator Kamala Harris from Calif.

Great politicians, wonderful speakers, (know more then trump or Pence's few word vocabulary), and would draw the ultimate support they both could use.

Cory Booker can defend himself well, and Kamala is ultra smart, quick on the draw, and easily can pounce on trump. Was a prosecutor.

Cecile

Oh, I agree. But Bernies plan is the opposite. It will be a federal based program. Like Public school system but call it college. It will be like an extension of high school.

It will make the free college system just an extension of your high school diploma.

[Texas does not have an income tax. Texas Property taxes fund state universities and public schools. Property taxes in Texas are exorbitant (eg $5,000 to $15,000 a year depending on location for a modest house). Four state universities in Texas offer $10,000 degree plans but only in a few curricula. Outside these programs tuition is high in spite of being state funded universities.]

When the government controls education a handful of individuals control what information to disseminate to students and what information to omit. Much of human history has been omitted from the school text books. Recall a few years back when "they" wanted to deleted Abraham Lincoln from the history text books. It failed, but the No-Child-Left Behind initiative, the Pearson's STAAR program and the need to teach to the test is a huge manipulation of course material which teaches kids to memorize rather than think and which, due to time restraints, requires the removal of courses such as shop, art, music, and physical ed.

My initiative was accepted into Texas Senate Bill #2 in 2013 on this subject to allow children to gain badly needed Trade skills to prepare them for higher paying positions in the Trades Workforce. My research into demographics showed that children are most likely to drop out in the 9th grade and come from poor families where English is rarely if ever spoken. These children should not be on a college career path but a skilled trades path. They fail at abstract learning but excel at physical, hands-on applications. But here's the argument against dividing up the students - It's racist! Consequently these dropouts wind up in and out of the system, the prison system. The fact is that it costs more to keep them in the system than it would have to educate them in the first place in an area they can exceed in. You'd be surprised (or maybe not) at how the legislators danced around my direct question as to why education isn't meeting the needs of those from lower-income families. (If you want cookie-cutter kids give them a cookie cutter education. I'm venting.)

Children should not be forced into an education system that is bought and paid for by your tax dollars in which you have no voice and which has curriculum determined by those who may have an agenda which necessitates they omit historical facts, impose teaching-to-the-test mentality and in which certain children are guaranteed to fail.

Go to your library's archives and check out books, magazines and newspapers from the early 1900s. You'll be surprised at how much historical fact has been being omitted from history textbooks for decades.

As for Bernie, my understanding is he was unemployed and a non-property owner until he got into politics at age 40. I read that he now owns 3 homes and that in 2016 he was paid (bribed) some $600,000 by Debbie Wassermann Schultz to forfeit his run for Presidency. There may have been other incentives, but I don't know. His strategy of running on a socialist ticket which has no chance to succeed seems to pay well.

How much control would or could a socialist government exercise over the people is a question that should be closely examined. In Texas in the past it was nearly impossible for a person with a felony record to find employment which led to them being impoverished, dependent on others, incapable of contributing to their own family and possibly homeless unless they turned to crime and wound up in the system. In the last few years this has been mitigated so that felons are able to be gainfully employed. How would a socialist run government handle someone with a felony record? Idealistically they would be taken care of, fed, housed, clothed, insured, etc. But would they have any goals, inspiration, motivation or pride? And what value that? And how much more can you, taxpayer, afford to have deducted from your income to pay for their well-being - 10%? 15%? 25%? And finally, in such event, how many jobs would you need to hold down in order to cover your own expenses? And in Texas, don't forget you still have to fork over exorbitant property taxes to pay for public schools and state universities. ( I'm not an economist, just thinking out loud.)

In the 50's Cuba was the hottest spot in the Caribbean bar none, then came Castro and socialism. I've been an interpreter for Cuban's in Cuba. Such vivacity you cannot imagine, but they are hostages in their own country longing to visit their US relatives.

Does Bernie really care about the American people, or does he have a personal agenda? It's an honest question, though it does seem like he has a get-rich-quick scheme when you look at his track record objectively. I'm not trying to disparage his character. At least he knows what city he's in and what day of the week it is plus he won California.

A little bit of Bernie may be good, but to go full Bernie...?
Cecile