Will colleague keep her job?

Frisiangal

This is the horary chart I was referring to in the 'Old or New horary chart'in the technique section.

I got the facts wrong regarding the trine to Saturn ....not to harsh aspect; sorry!

I'd be grateful for the astro. explanations for reasoning.

Thanks.

Attachments

• astro_w2gw_121_horary_hp_79620_32036.gif
    astro_w2gw_121_horary_hp_79620_32036.gif
    50.5 KB · Views: 28
Last edited:

dr. farr

(Following is not in accordance with standard horary doctrines and uses whole sign house format)

This is NOT how standard horary would delineate this question, but its how I would do so (based on the oral tradition arising from oldtime Ottoman astrology, which I learned and which I use for horary matters)

-first I woud use the generic "other person" house as primary significator in this question (this is the 7th house, and this "generic other" role for the 7th house in horary was mentioned by various Islamic transitional era authors such as al-Biruni, Thabit ibn Quarra, Ibn Ezra)
-then I would take the 10th from the 7th as quesited significator
SO:
-colleague = 7th house = Aries = Mars
-job = 10th from the 7th = Capricorn = Saturn
-Mars flows away from Saturn by retrograde motion (this "flow" is NOT TOO ASPECT but rather by BODILY DIRECTION) = - testimony
-there are no applying aspects between Mars and Saturn
-significator Mars flows away from the "lucky strike"* North Node (while being in orb of conjunction with the North Node so this = a seperating situation) = - testimony
-Moon can be taken as quesited co-significator (see eg Ibn Ezra, Thabit ibn Qurra)
-Moon's next CONJUCTION (not next ASPECT, but CONJUNCTION-a consideration mentiond in passing by al-Biruni and elaborated in Thabit ibn Qurra) will be wiith the Dragon's Tail (South Node) = - testimony*
Result by this method: all testimonies are -, therefore the indication is that colleague will not keep her job (ie will lose her job)

*=lucky strike North Node and - testimony by conjunctional relationship with the South Node arise from the classification of the quality of each node as given by Gerard of Cremona and emphasized later by H. C. Agrippa

dr. farr

Notice in the above example that both colleague significator Mars and job significator Saturn are retrograde: "going back": this COULD mean (could have been interpreted to indicate) a potential return to the job after losing it-however, I admit that I would not have noticed this indication in my delineation of this question, which I would have approached as a straight yes or no matter.

tsmall

Premium Member
This is the horary chart I was referring to in the 'Old or New horary chart'in the technique section.

I got the facts wrong regarding the trine to Saturn ....not to harsh aspect; sorry!

I'd be grateful for the astro. explanations for reasoning.

Thanks.

Frisiangal, I would ask for a little bit of clarification? On your other thread you said

The question was put to an astrologer who asked the question on the colleague's behalf.

Can you please clarify? Because reading this I assumed that you were the astrologer and the colleague was the person who came to you as the astrologer asking the question, and then you cast the chart on the behalf of the person who was about to lose her job. Yet this could also be interpreted to mean that a third party asked you a question about another person...:sideways:

Frisiangal

Frisiangal,

The question was put to an astrologer who asked the question on the colleague's behalf.

Can you please clarify? Because reading this I assumed that you were the astrologer and the colleague was the person who came to you as the astrologer asking the question, and then you cast the chart on the behalf of the person who was about to lose her job. Yet this could also be interpreted to mean that a third party asked you a question about another person...:sideways:

Hi,
Just goes to show what assumption can do, eh?:smile:

The question was placed on a Dutch forum by an astrologer. The person is her colleague. They work in an elderly care home. I believe the person has an administrative rather than care function. Care for the elderly is undergoing terrible cutbacks in all areas by the government here. Not quite 'thrown out' but very much carrying the suitcase outdoors and then closing the door behind them!!

I know you work with traditional techinques, so would be most interested to read your take on the chart, even though 'the outcome' is or is not yet 'valid'.

tsmall

Premium Member
Hi,
Just goes to show what assumption can do, eh?:smile:

The question was placed on a Dutch forum by an astrologer. The person is her colleague. They work in an elderly care home. I believe the person has an administrative rather than care function. Care for the elderly is undergoing terrible cutbacks in all areas by the government here. Not quite 'thrown out' but very much carrying the suitcase outdoors and then closing the door behind them!!

I know you work with traditional techinques, so would be most interested to read your take on the chart, even though 'the outcome' is or is not yet 'valid'.

I apologize that I haven't replied sooner. I further apologize that my comments are not going to be as indepth as they should be, because I haven't spent enough time with the chart. I'm not a huge fan of 3rd party horaries if the person casting the chart is doing so on the behalf of someone else who hasn't asked the question. 1) It's like peeking and 2) it makes the chart turning exercise a huge tilt-o-whirl that we shouldn't have to play on.

That said. The original querent/astrologer/OP gets the 1st. Her colleague, if not named, gets the 3rd. The third house is for the people we interact with every day, including cousins, siblings and extended family; neighbors and co-workers (and postal delivery people and the guy at the neighborhood deli you see every day but don't know his name. The sixth is for the plumber you call to fix your toilet, or the nanny you hire to watch your children...or in the case of career the people who directly report to you, not the people who work alongside of you.) If named, as in "will X lose her job" we would look at the 7th.

Not named? I would go to the 3rd for the quesited. Ruled by an exalted Jupiter in the chart's 9th. Again without actually digging into the chart (which means there could be other factors) we find the quesited's 10th ruler as Mercury. The 10th is the chart's 12th sign (of institutions, hospitals as areas of confinement?) in the 6th house of service to others and illness?

Frisingal, I'd start there.

Last edited:

Frisiangal

Read yesterday through the Dutch site that the work colleague, after a second person gave up the post, has been reinstated in her position.... and due to work MORE hours than the original contract!!

No one on that site was able to offer a reason for the change of events from the horary....other than 'the translation of light' from Saturn.

Maybe a new chart for the first or second changed situation would have done? :wink::smile:

dr. farr

Well, the retrograde status (going back to) of BOTH significators (querent Mars and job Saturn) as per the "Ankara" horary delineation, would account for such a return (see my posts, above), at least according to the "rules" pertaining to this alternative form of horary, which I learned years ago...