Vedic astrology vs. Western astrology

Northstar10

In traditional western astrology I'm a Taurus sun sign, but in Vedic astrology I'm a Aries sun sign. Which one is more accurate, Vedic or Western? In my experience, they both seem to be somewhat accurate. What do you think about the disparity between Vedic and Western astrology?

rimsy

whether its western or vedic,90%of the predictions are almost same...you said that u have aries sun sign but in vedic we give more importance to moon sign rather than sun sign..most of the things are calculated from moon rather than sun...in vedic we also include shadow planets like rahu and ketu as we velieve that where there r lords,demons also exists ..right?but in western,we dont...we dont give importance to pluo and neptune but in western,we give.....in short,both are equally accurate ..it all depend on our culture dear..rest,things will never change...
best wishes
rimsy

ian wood

as both systems are based on scientific observation they can both be very accurate.western system has developed to throw light on psychological issues bcause most western problems r mental or emotional.indian astrology can give much direction 4 practical life problems.also orientated towards enlightenment and understanding progress and direction of the soul.both systems are fascinating to study.I prefer western astrology" allied "with vedic as opposed to "versus"......unite and embrace not divide and conquer.

alternativebeliefs

Probably not.

Essentially Vedic astrology holds that astrology was revealed to a Hindu sage through divine intervention. In fact, there are ancient scriptures written by this sage which contain the birth charts of all of Humanity, known as the 'Bhrigu Sahayita'. Parts of these scriptures still exist and many people have found their charts in these scriptures, with explanations of the happenings in this life and previous ones.

ian wood

i find some people using vedic techniques but with tropical zodiac .too busy getting my head round k.p.ast to investigate in depth but u may be interested.search ACTastrology.com and look on forus if u r interested.

justrish

I was reading a site a few days ago and I was wondering why it was saying Aries instead of Taurus as my sun sign. Thought it was wrong, now I can't find the site. Anyway, it showed the same moon and rising sign as in Western astrology. It's interesting though. Will look into the Moon sign, didn't know more importance was given to it in Vedic astrology :)

ian wood

suounds like you have moon and ascendant in last 6degree of western sign .as ther is 6 degree overlap of the 2 systems 20% of the time the planet will be in same sign in vedic .eg my venus is 29 cap western and 5 cap in vedic.to put it simply subtract approx 24 degree from positions in western chart to get positions in vedic.moon is important as it represents memories brought forward from past and as indicater of mother is a great influence in shaping our formative years i look on the moon as our luggage .imagine the earth carrying the moon in its hand.good luck in your learning quest.