View Single Post
Unread 04-23-2013, 04:12 AM

Re: Best Way to Find Planetary Ruler in Birth Chart?

Pretty much, its been mostly either the ruler of the ascending sign (Modernist astrology), or the planet with most dignities (Traditional astrology, and also mainstream Vedic astrology as well, although we find the "astrodyne" analysis, from Modernist astrology, very similar to the Traditionalist and Vedic dignity analysis concepts); or, if any planet is the grand (or ultimate) dispositor of all other planets in the chart (this is also a Traditionalist Western method, originating with Morin de Villefranche in the 17th century)

Me? I am not satisfied with any of these generally accepted methods, although I tend to follow the "grand" or "ultimate dispositor" concept (Villefranche) WHEN it occurs in a chart (but often there is no grand dispositor in a given chart, so the grand/ultimate dispositor concept can't be applied)
One thing-regardless of any dignity analysis or rulership determination method (including ultimate/grand dispositor), IF the given planet is in a PITTED DEGREE, I immediately reject that planet from consideration as a potential ruler of the chart (see my posting, "Elevated and Pitted Degrees", in the Dignities subforum of the Natal astrology section)

Last edited by dr. farr; 04-23-2013 at 04:19 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to dr. farr For This Useful Post:
PisceanVeil (04-23-2013)