Ruler of 2nd House Conjunct Pluto in Scorpio

Raindrops

I am learning how to read people's charts and see how they make money based on the sign on the cusp of the 2nd house.

One of my friends has Cancer on the 2nd House Cusp... the Moon is in the 5th house in Leo. That's easy! They will be attracted to a fun environment and perhaps work with children.

But my other friend is more difficult:
Cancer on the 2nd house Cusp... and the Moon is in Scorpio in the 5th House conjunct Pluto by 3 degrees. The moon trines his MC by 0 degrees.... his closest aspect.

He programed computer webpages but is tired of that and thinking about med school. I dont really understand what pluto symbolizes here...

I can see surgery... or someone who wants to make transformations (?). Autopsies? =P The ruler of his second house trines his midheaven by 0 degrees..... I'm sure it will be a nice career.

But I'm having trouble understanding what Pluto could symbolize in this case. Any suggestions?

Last edited:

EJ53

Banned
Raindrops said:
Cancer on the 2nd house Cusp... and the Moon is in Scorpio in the 5th House conjunct Pluto by 3 degrees.....thinking about med school. I dont really understand what pluto symbolizes here

The General Practioner/Family Doctor role is as much about psychology as medicine - particularly when dealing with over-protective mothers and their "sick" children.

EJ:)

Jeremy

It is also good to bear in mind that placements in the second denote those things we do out of necessity to have money, often this has little or nothing to do with career, which will be indicated by the Mc, planets in the 10th and ruler of the 10th.

Moon in the second denotes income from the mother, women in general, changeable fortunes financially and possibly public sources of income. Conjunct to Pluto adds depth, compulsion and transformation to the mix. There may be a strange power struggle based around money with the mother or with women; he may be controlled by the mother financially, he may have deep psychological difficulty with relying on the same source of income for too long, he might need to transform his finances out of a need to be free of others control, he may use money to emotionally control his spouse; all of these are possible with Mo/Pl in the second.

The point is it does not say just how we "make" money, it describes our attitude to money at an unconscious level, thus it ultimately dictates what we "do" to get it, also how we react to not getting it.

Raindrops

Ohhhhhh, interesting.

His money does go through "phases" ---just like the moon (the ruler of his 2nd house is Cancer). Some months he is being paid a LOT, other times he isnt being paid very much.

Note: His moon/pluto aren't in the 2nd house. He has cancer on the cusp of the 2nd... and his moon is conjunct pluto in the fifth. But I definitely gained some insight from your post:

What he does with his money: He LOVES to spend his money on his romantic interests (moon in 5th house) (and this isnt -any- romantic interest, this is "The One" --very scorpio!). Moon in Scorp and conj pluto: When he had the money, he transformed he and his gf's lives for the better. Neither of them had ANYTHING beforehand... and once he started earning the money, he really transformed their lives... completely changing how people perceive them.

Wow, this is starting to make sense. I really appreciate the help on this topic.

I am wondering how various aspects between the second house ruler (the moon) and the MC signify:
The ruler of his second house (the moon) trines his Pisces MC by 0 degrees...

Does that indicate that the career will -easily- bring in the money? And a square between the moon and MC could indicate a difficulty in getting the career to bring in money?

Last edited:

Raindrops

If the second house represents our ideas towards money.... then where do I look i the chart for the ability to earn money? The person's capasity to bring in money?

Jeremy

Hi Raindrops,
My apologies for not making the connection before, sometimes it is quite difficult to visualise a chart from text alone :)
The ability to earn money is derived, like the attitude toward it, by placements in the second, on the cusp of the second, to the ruler of the second and to some extent from placements in Taurus and to Venus. Anyone who has experienced a transit of Saturn to Venus can attest to the validity of that observation :(

The earth houses, 2nd/6th/10th all form a trinity that has to do with materialism; the 2nd rules money and rather determines those things we do out of the necessity to have money in order to get along in life; the 6th talks about occupation, the daily habit of work and specifically the work ethic, while the 10th affects career, vocation or the type of work we undertake because we are driven to become established, recognised and gain rank or status in the life. All of these, their rulers and placements will have an influence on the earning potential.

With Moon conjunct Pluto in the 5th it suggests a possibility of making money through expressing the emotions in art, writing or some form of creative enterprise. The depth of emotions can be turned to a creative form which might realise income. Working with children, also themes of motherhood (EJ kind of covered this already), because of the Moon may also be a factor.

On a higher level there may be some ability to work with the victims of abuse, since 5th house themes relate to sex as a creative act, but with Pluto configured there the themes are considerably dakened, volcanic and often psychologically frightening. Moon governs emotions and the feminine, functional issues, so there may be some insight into functioning sexual disorders in women.

This is the way you have to think, because any thematic influences can be grasped by the native, depending upon their predilections and level of evolvement. If you post a chart I am sure people will happily offer opinions.