Notice anything weird in this synastry between cousins?

Steeler

Because I certainly do and Im hoping Im wrong in my interpetation.
These two are cousins with 10yrs of age-difference. The 1st person horizontally is the older male, the 2nd one is the female.

http://img120.imageshack.us/img120/5125/synastrydifxo7.jpg

Im not going to say what it is that Im seeing, because I hope no one else sees it so that I could be wrong.

(house placements do not matter in this case, since I don't know the birth-time of the female)

milkywaygirl

Steeler said:
Because I certainly do and Im hoping Im wrong in my interpetation.
These two are cousins with 10yrs of age-difference. The 1st person horizontally is the older male, the 2nd one is the female.

http://img120.imageshack.us/img120/5125/synastrydifxo7.jpg

Im not going to say what it is that Im seeing, because I hope no one else sees it so that I could be wrong.

(house placements do not matter in this case, since I don't know the birth-time of the female)

im interested, what is it then. took a glance and see that they have the same asc/mc, and some nodal connections involving pluto and venus, also the guys moon/venus/mercury/jupiter sitting on the girls mc. at first seems like it could be a good mentoring type association for both of them, except for the double whammy of mars/pluto aspects.

Junke

milkywaygirl said:
im interested, what is it then. took a glance and see that they have the same asc/mc, and some nodal connections involving pluto and venus, also the guys moon/venus/mercury/jupiter sitting on the girls mc. at first seems like it could be a good mentoring type association for both of them, except for the double whammy of mars/pluto aspects.

He doesn't have the girl's birth time, so the aspects to her ascendant and midheaven are null..

Steeler

Jenna Jupiter; That's exactly what I mean. That the synastry is WAY too sexual. I've also seen synastries 'similar' to this, but the nodal connections from his part are all negative. That I haven't seen...

They have Mars square Pluto, Pluto opposite Mars, Vertex conjunct Uranus/Saturn, semisquare Pluto, (I forgot to add the Vrtx...Sorry about that), North Node conjunct Pluto and etc.

She is now 20 and he is 32. She's been having flashbacks to when she was about 6yrs old and that she remembers being afraid of him when she was a kid. The last time she saw him was about...(If I remember correctly) 5yrs ago and everything was fine, even though she felt uncomfortable around him, still.

Milkywaygirl:
Sadly I don't have the birth-time of the girl, so house-placements are unknown.

I just wanna know if anyone else is getting some weird vibes from this, because I certainly am. That Pluto/Mars thing was the first thing I noticed and it freaked me out.

Last edited:

Jeremy

I suppose this begs the question: why are you casting a synastry for two cousins who haven't seen each other for years? I only get asked for synastry when somebody wants to know if the guy/gal they have the hots for is going to work out for the best?

Also I would tread very carefully. If somebody comes to you and says "I was abused by so and so" then you might want to look at some astrology, but I would be very circumspect about trying to find a problem that wasn't previously identified when it is this serious; some people are very suggestible after all...

I'm just sayin' :)

Steeler

Jeremy said:
I suppose this begs the question: why are you casting a synastry for two cousins who haven't seen each other for years? I only get asked for synastry when somebody wants to know if the guy/gal they have the hots for is going to work out for the best?

Also I would tread very carefully. If somebody comes to you and says "I was abused by so and so" then you might want to look at some astrology, but I would be very circumspect about trying to find a problem that wasn't previously identified when it is this serious; some people are very suggestible after all...

I'm just sayin' :)
Hey Jeremy,

I understand what you are saying, since I agree with you.
The girl asked me to check their synastry because of the flashbacks she's been having. She's in intense therapy and has been remembering stuff that is making her feel very uncomfortable. That's the reason. She asked me to check their synastry if something was pointing to what her flashbacks have been pointing to.

But I understand if people feel uncomfortable about this. No problem.
I already have my own opinions about this, since I have studied their synastry for a week now...But I just hoped that I was wrong with it.

Last edited:

Jeremy

That makes sense, and I agree with your looking.
One very useful approach to this would be to look at her Solar Arc, paying particular attention to movements of Pluto to Venus. I have seen this exact phenomenon in the past. I would imagine this may pay better dividends than a synastry since it is event-focussed, whereas synastry talks more to inclinations.

Good luck.

Steeler

Jeremy said:
That makes sense, and I agree with your looking.
One very useful approach to this would be to look at her Solar Arc, paying particular attention to movements of Pluto to Venus. I have seen this exact phenomenon in the past. I would imagine this may pay better dividends than a synastry since it is event-focussed, whereas synastry talks more to inclinations.

Good luck.
Thanks!

Should I cast a chart for the year that this might have happened or?
I don't use Solar Arcs very often, but Im interested to see if there is something there anyway.

Jeremy

Yes, you should do that. Note the degree of separation between Pluto and Venus, move Pluto's position forward by one degree for each year from birth and see at what age it makes a contact with Venus (if any). This should be any major aspect, but particularly 4th harmonic aspects, the conjunction is most powerful.

If you cast a biwheel with the inner being the nativity and the outer the Solar Arc for the age where she believes a problem may have occurred then you can quickly see any contacts. You can also run a synastry between these two charts to determine any contacts between them.

Of course, you should look to contacts between Pluto and other planets or the angles, although without a birth time the angles will not be meaningful in this case. Thus a contact between Pluto and Mercury will suggest an event of threatening communication, between Moon and Pluto, emotional torment, from Mars to Pluto, brutality and violence. You see the idea. It will work in reverse also. (EDIT: by which I mean you can move any of the planets forward by the specified degrees to see what contacts it makes, thus Venus may contact Pluto and vice-versa).

PM me details if you are struggling at all and I will cast the biwheel for you and note any important contacts. Otherwise, I hope the advice is helpful.

Jeremy

Last edited:

Steeler

Jeremy said:
Yes, you should do that. Note the degree of separation between Pluto and Venus, move Pluto's position forward by one degree for each year from birth and see at what age it makes a contact with Venus (if any). This should be any major aspect, but particularly 4th harmonic aspects, the conjunction is most powerful.
That was great. Very well explained!

If this method is to be believed, nothing happened in the year that she thinks something might have happened.
Which is when she was 6yrs old. (there are no contacts between Pluto/Venus)

But from ages 2-3 she has (on-off) Pluto square Venus, Moon conjunct Saturn, Moon semisquare Pluto, Mars square Chiron,
Uranus conjunct Saturn (unexpected meets fear?), Uranus semiquare Pluto, Mars quincunx Pluto...

This could still be normal, right? Nothing out of the...Normal?

Jeremy

Steeler said:
But from ages 2-3 she has (on-off) Pluto square Venus, Moon conjunct Saturn, Moon semisquare Pluto, Mars square Chiron,
Uranus conjunct Saturn (unexpected meets fear?), Uranus semiquare Pluto, Mars quincunx Pluto...

I would need the data to be sure about this, but it seems intriguing. Pluto square Venus may be suspicious, although the conjunction and opposition would be more suggestive of external forces and thus other people.

Moon conjunct Saturn suggests a need for self-control and some distance or external issue limiting relationship with the mother.

In these kinds of cases enormous care must be taken. The human mind, especially at an early age is entirely archetypal; it sees monsters under the bed, and primal feelings can easily be misinterpreted. If you see a Pluto Venus square by SA at age 2 to 3 then something might be there, but with a square it is often internalised tension, an inability to express some need. If there is nothing in particular at age 6 then I would say there is nothing in the astrology, if something is there it will come back to her when she is ready if there is something. It may be that there was sexual tension between her parents or other significant persons in her life which she has internalised and have caused this difficulty, this fear. It is very common for sexual tension in the environment to create a conditioning effect in the young I would say.

I have dealt with 3 cases of abuse in childhood; one was violent, two sexual, and in each case Pluto made significant contacts either natally or by SA. Sun and Pluto can be factor if the father is involved, but in one case of a friend of mine, she was abused by an uncle at around 6 or 7, her Pluto precedes Venus by 6°30", so it was very easy to identify.

Steeler

Jeremy said:
I have dealt with 3 cases of abuse in childhood; one was violent, two sexual, and in each case Pluto made significant contacts either natally or by SA. Sun and Pluto can be factor if the father is involved, but in one case of a friend of mine, she was abused by an uncle at around 6 or 7, her Pluto precedes Venus by 6°30", so it was very easy to identify.
This is the first case I've studied with this type of theme going on, so Im totally a beginner with this. I was hoping that they'r synastry would be normal and nothing would be found, AND so she could concentrate on something else...But I still can't get over the Pluto/Mars aspects and the huge amount of sexual aspects that are in the synastry. Not to mention the negativity of the Nodes.

Natally she has an afflicted Pluto. Which I know is always seen as the "classic" abuse sign.

The mainreason she thinks something happened when she was 6 is because she's had reoccurring flashbacks to that age.

Btw, I think you're one of the few people that use Solar Arcs when it comes to this type of stuff. A very interesting method to use!