Would this be a VOC moon?

Osamenor

Staff member
Suppose the moon enters a sign where the only aspect it would make is with a planet that's currently very late in its sign, and that will change signs before the moon does. Is the moon void of course as soon as it enters the sign?

For example, let's say the moon enters Virgo on a day when there are no planets in any other mutable sign, no planets in any other earth sign, and no planets in Cancer or Scorpio. Mercury is in the last degree of Virgo, but it will transit to Libra while the moon is still in Virgo. (Obviously, this isn't happening in the current era... just suppose.)

Do we call the moon void of course now, because it won't conjunct Mercury and won't aspect anything else until it moves into Libra? Or, because there is another planet in the same sign, is it not void of course until the other planet changes signs, taking away the "promise" of a conjunction in this sign?

ElenaJ

In a horary the moon is considered a "timer" and an "activator", so we look to see who she will interact with and when to understand what will happen with the matter in consideration.
So, if we agree on this, then moon in your example would be VOC in that no action will be happening, no action will be taken, nothing will be happening with regard to the matter in question.

IleneK

Premium Member
Yes, I would identify the Moon as VOC in this circumstance following Elena's clear and succinct reasoning.

Osamenor

Staff member
Thanks to ElenaJ and IleneK for answering the real question! And, folks, please stick to answering the actual question, in your own words, whether it's in this thread or any other. I just deleted a VERY LONG post that consisted entirely of quotes, none of which answered the question I asked, plus a post that quoted that whole post. Moderator privilege, exercised.

Furthermore, we have some very specific forum rules about quotes in posts:

- The quote has to be no longer than 100 words, with the source cited. This rule actually was followed in the deleted post--while it was many quotes, they were all short enough and cited. However, the other rules were not:

- The meat of the post has to be your own words. A quote may be used to back up what you have to say, but your whole post can't consist of the quote(s). The deleted post had nothing at all in it that was really the poster's own words.

- Finally, no more than 3 quotes in the same post are allowed. There were WAY more than 3 quotes in that post.

Osamenor

Staff member
Suppose the moon enters a sign where the only aspect it would make is with a planet that's currently very late in its sign, and that will change signs before the moon does. Is the moon void of course as soon as it enters the sign?

For example, let's say the moon enters Virgo on a day when there are no planets in any other mutable sign, no planets in any other earth sign, and no planets in Cancer or Scorpio. Mercury is in the last degree of Virgo, but it will transit to Libra while the moon is still in Virgo. (Obviously, this isn't happening in the current era... just suppose.)

Do we call the moon void of course now, because it won't conjunct Mercury and won't aspect anything else until it moves into Libra? Or, because there is another planet in the same sign, is it not void of course until the other planet changes signs, taking away the "promise" of a conjunction in this sign?
And now I have a follow up question:

Suppose the scenario is the same, only when the moon enters Virgo, Mercury is in the first degree of Libra. However, Mercury is retrograde, and will retrograde back into Virgo before the moon gets to the end of the sign. Is the moon VOC now, or not?

My guess is it's not, but I would like to confirm that.

ElenaJ

And now I have a follow up question:

Suppose the scenario is the same, only when the moon enters Virgo, Mercury is in the first degree of Libra. However, Mercury is retrograde, and will retrograde back into Virgo before the moon gets to the end of the sign. Is the moon VOC now, or not?

My guess is it's not, but I would like to confirm that.

Now that's an excellent question, and I don't know how to answer it.

ElenaJ

After some consideration, I would say that moon doesn't "not promise" an outcome of the matter, but that once the situation (moon) changes then, if supported by other aspects, the matter could be brought about.
But this might necessitate a new chart.

Osamenor

Staff member
To be clear, I'm not talking about void of course moon in horary. I'm talking about void of course moon in general. In the above scenario, would it be a void of course moon day, when you can't expect endeavors to come to fruition?

Osamenor

Staff member
Yes, it would. Do you agree?

I'm not convinced it would, if it's the second scenario, which is what I'm referring to now: the moon enters Virgo. At the moment the moon enters Virgo, there are no aspects it can perfect while it's transiting Virgo. However, with Mercury retrograde at the Libra cusp, and moving back into Virgo before the moon gets that far, the moon will perfect a conjunction to Mercury while still in Virgo.

So, my question is, when would the moon stop being void of course? When it enters Virgo (after at least a few minutes' VOC at the end of Leo)? Or when Mercury enters Virgo?