Chat Thread

Ukpoohbear

Where is the option to change the picture avatar everyone sees? I have looked twice now even though I have done it once before.

Edit avatar lol

Last edited:

Lykanized

Show it don't tell, that is such a good way to describe how to write.

She is drowning but she still wont speak a bad word about him. Tore of her limbs and her breast, she cant get away and she doesn't feel like a woman and all she sees is him. Wow.

Show don't tell. We should try write a poem with showing and not telling. I could not write as good as that though!
That's the first general rule you ever learn in a writing class. It's related to staying away from abstractions like 'love' and 'hate'. They can be used, but wisely. Because the word 'love' is basically meaningless to us so to say you're in love...No one else will feel it and you want them to. What does that love make you feel? What symbols come to mind? An exercise sometimes used is to write about an abstraction like 'love' without ever once mentioning 'love'. Reminds me.. we had this one exercise I'll never forget where we had to describe a barn from the perspective of a man who lost his son at war, but you can't mention the son or the death or even the war

It's not related, but another brilliant exercise we once had was to write from the perapective of someone we hate, but empathetically. A lot of people could not do it. Their writing was still so muddled with that hatred. But I did it and it actually made me cry. I believe we categorize people so easily as good or bad as a defense mechanism, because it's easy. It makes us not have to be foeced with the possibilities that someone we hate or dislike may be like us. It gets to the point we may even dehumanize others as with racism or someone has abused us
But there are always multiple angles. There's always humanity

Whoam1

The transit moon is Trine my moon and conjunct my sun. This moon is going to be conjunct transit Pluto, whilst my native Pluto is Contra-parallel my moon. Ughhhh feelings.

Boston Guy

I honestly have substance abuse issues I need to contain. If it's not alcohol, it's pills. I need a good period of abstainance from both

I'm telling you. Sometimes when I start, the beast within is released and doesn't just want more, it needs more

Kudos to those who can do it tho. I've always known myself to be an addictive kinda person so I should never have started in the first place, but I never listen to my own best advice

Also I'm female 😘

I have no idea how old you are, nor would I think of asking a female that, but I trust in time you might be able to conquer addiction via moderation.
See I don't like being told "can't". And when my mind says "Look here, boyo, you've had enough for tonight" Another part of my mind wakes up, gets a bit angry at the side saying I've had enough and says "You think that's enough? I'll show you enough, and then one more!" I'm no rebel, and I'm not big into non-conforming. But I would say that I like to accept challenges placed upon me.

Thankfully when I'm at bars, I typically go places where I know the bartender. When I get shut off, I get angry. I leave politely, but you better believe a wall is getting punched when I get home.

Also regarding you being a female, forgive me. Whenever I don't know the sex of a person, I automatically default to male pronouns. Also this might also have something to do with your inability to hold your liquor; typically girls are less able in the sport of drinking. Cheers all the same though!

Lykanized

I have no idea how old you are, nor would I think of asking a female that, but I trust in time you might be able to conquer addiction via moderation.
See I don't like being told "can't". And when my mind says "Look here, boyo, you've had enough for tonight" Another part of my mind wakes up, gets a bit angry at the side saying I've had enough and says "You think that's enough? I'll show you enough, and then one more!" I'm no rebel, and I'm not big into non-conforming. But I would say that I like to accept challenges placed upon me.

Thankfully when I'm at bars, I typically go places where I know the bartender. When I get shut off, I get angry. I leave politely, but you better believe a wall is getting punched when I get home.

Also regarding you being a female, forgive me. Whenever I don't know the sex of a person, I automatically default to male pronouns. Also this might also have something to do with your inability to hold your liquor; typically girls are less able in the sport of drinking. Cheers all the same though!
No, I can hold my liquor lol. I even impress middle aged men, and I'm a 24 year old woman, btw. But regardless of how well you can hold your liquor, there's always a point at which you're gonna black out. And what I mean is that a part of me wants to push myself as hard as I can until I get to that point, and another part of me doesn't know how to shut off

I may get there in time, but I can't really think about that right now. I can't think about drinking at all because I don't know how to drink like a healthy person. You're lucky that you can. That's all I can say. But I can't be pushed in that direction because I don't see the point of drinking unless I'm gonna feel it, and if I'm gonna feel it, I'm gonna wanna feel it as much as possible

Men just tend to weigh more, that's all

I'm telling myself I can't. And that's that. I can't. It's not healthy for me
Even talking about this really isn't so good for me. So maybe I should stop

Last edited:

Lykanized

I find that there's no way for me to be a drinker and to also engage my life like I need to be. It's diametrically opposed to the kinda growth I need right now and to my ability to focus on what I need to focus on. I've been struggling in various ways for my whole life and I'm very serious right now about taking control

Lykanized

I've been wanting to do one of those but, meh. Whatever. Probably a waste of money unless I have some to waste. I'll just settle on Hispanic with some French and German. People have occasionally thought I was part Asian for some reason, tho lol

Ukpoohbear

That's the first general rule you ever learn in a writing class. It's related to staying away from abstractions like 'love' and 'hate'. They can be used, but wisely. Because the word 'love' is basically meaningless to us so to say you're in love...No one else will feel it and you want them to. What does that love make you feel? What symbols come to mind? An exercise sometimes used is to write about an abstraction like 'love' without ever once mentioning 'love'. Reminds me.. we had this one exercise I'll never forget where we had to describe a barn from the perspective of a man who lost his son at war, but you can't mention the son or the death or even the war

It's not related, but another brilliant exercise we once had was to write from the perapective of someone we hate, but empathetically. A lot of people could not do it. Their writing was still so muddled with that hatred. But I did it and it actually made me cry. I believe we categorize people so easily as good or bad as a defense mechanism, because it's easy. It makes us not have to be foeced with the possibilities that someone we hate or dislike may be like us. It gets to the point we may even dehumanize others as with racism or someone has abused us
But there are always multiple angles. There's always humanity

I am going to try those two exercises and I will get back to you.

The humanity exercise should be especially interesting.

Ukpoohbear

Any specific cultures or areas located with specific signs and or aspects do u think?

Well, maybe specific cultures you could look into. But the IC is our ancestors so the sign will describe where we come from so say example it is Aries then our family would have violence and conflict or may be courageous. Planets there may indicate our karma. A lot of problems we have have been passed down from our parents, then their parents passed down issues to them etc.

It would be a good q to ask the experienced astrologers.

Whoam1

Well, maybe specific cultures you could look into. But the IC is our ancestors so the sign will describe where we come from so say example it is Aries then our family would have violence and conflict or may be courageous. Planets there may indicate our karma. A lot of problems we have have been passed down from our parents, then their parents passed down issues to them etc.

It would be a good q to ask the experienced astrologers.

Oh ok. I do have an Aries IC conjunction to Jupiter. The reason y I asked is bc I got my ancestry DNA done. Most of it wasn't surprising 40%Western European (Germany,France, Switzerland etc.) 30% UK (Irish-English-Scottish-Welsh). But suprise I'm 20% Hispanic and idk where it came from (nor does anyone on my blood family). Was wondering if the chart shows it.

Ukpoohbear

Oh ok. I do have an Aries IC conjunction to Jupiter. The reason y I asked is bc I got my ancestry DNA done. Most of it wasn't surprising 40%Western European (Germany,France, Switzerland etc.) 30% UK (Irish-English-Scottish-Welsh). But suprise I'm 20% Hispanic and idk where it came from (nor does anyone on my blood family). Was wondering if the chart shows it.

Countries are borders made by man and separated by time and the stars are not connected to that. Do you feel a connection to these countries yourself? If not then trust your intuition what you are connected to.

Jupiter is spiritual and lucky so I would think your ancestors are spiritual and have passed down that to you. Maybe the question whoami is found by exploring your ancestory, you could have psychic ability. It's fortunate anyway. Aries also could be pioneers and may need your healing and this could be done by exploring Jupiter. It is connected to your questions.

Last edited:

Whoam1

Countries are borders made by man and separated by time and the stars are not connected to that. Do you feel a connection to these countries yourself? If not then trust your intuition what you are connected to.

Jupiter is spiritual and lucky so I would think your ancestors are spiritual and have passed down that to you. Maybe the question whoami is found by exploring your ancestory, you could have psychic ability. It's fortunate anyway. Aries also could be pioneers and may need your healing and this could be done by exploring Jupiter. It is connected to your questions.

I do have spiritual connections to Native American ancestral roots and the cultures of Ireland (through the family whom raised me). Also Hispanic and Latin American culture and countries have drawn me in, now Iberian blood is modern day Hispanic and has Greek/Roman blood mixed in it which developed what it is today, astrology through that maybe? German culture is fun but it's a little bland and has almost no sorituak connection to me.