Which sign would wear offensive Halloween costumes?

david starling

I recall one Halloween, at a night club, where 2 young ladies came in completely topless, except for some strategically placed glitter. The club deemed that offensive, and they were told to cover up or leave.

CapAquaPis

Trump and Biden as well Hillary Clinton and George Bush Jr. costumes will get a pass, how about this list of 12 known offensive, controversial and "triggering" costumes (guess which one of the 12 sun signs would want to dress like that):

1. Adolf Hitler (a genocidal racist, Nazism associated with evil).
2. Josef Stalin (mass murderous dictator, Marxism also very unpopular).
3. Osama Bin Laden (anti-American terrorist).
4. Blackface (African American, derogatory false image of a community).
5. "An Indian chief" (Native American, disrespectful exaggerated depiction).
6. "Oriental" (East Asian, defamatory inaccurate portrayal of a culture).
7. Hasidic Jew (example of ethnic stereotypes).
8. Klan member (symbol of white supremacy).
9. Satan (typical of halloween, but can be problematic to a religious person).
10. Jesus Christ (religion like politics is a taboo topic in comedy).
11. The Prophet Muhammad (Islam forbids images of their founder).
12. Charles Manson (a serial killer of great infamy).

Gray area: a male (cross-?) dress as a female, as long it's not done in malice.
I take it an Ophiuchus person (i.e. a woman has a man costume) will have a limited amount of edginess. Halloween should be scary funny, not "graphic" or "hateful", LOL. They would do a Barack Obama with beige not black face paint.

david starling

One year, there happened to be a lot of people wearing Devil costumes. The "born again" Christians picketing the festivities got ALL bent out of shape! :devil:

CapAquaPis

Your Sign, fer sure! :wink:

An ideal Aquarian costume critical of religion, yet it's done in good taste: Me and my fellow Aqua-moon (and rising?) GF: I dress up in a suit and tie with the Book of Mormon with me and she's a "proper church lady" holding an Awake or Watchtower magazine (Jehovah's Witnesses). We go door to door preaching the word, good news and (parody) representation of Mormonism (the Church of Jesus Christ and Latter-day Saints) and the JW society. And she has a guide dog, therefore it should have a Seventh-day Adventist Loma Linda University shirt and a Christian Science Monitor ball cap...we may win the contest! :devil:

david starling

Trump and Biden as well Hillary Clinton and George Bush Jr. costumes will get a pass, how about this list of 12 known offensive, controversial and "triggering" costumes (guess which one of the 12 sun signs would want to dress like that):

1. Adolf Hitler (a genocidal racist, Nazism associated with evil).
2. Josef Stalin (mass murderous dictator, Marxism also very unpopular).
3. Osama Bin Laden (anti-American terrorist).
4. Blackface (African American, derogatory false image of a community).
5. "An Indian chief" (Native American, disrespectful exaggerated depiction).
6. "Oriental" (East Asian, defamatory inaccurate portrayal of a culture).
7. Hasidic Jew (example of ethnic stereotypes).
8. Klan member (symbol of white supremacy).
9. Satan (typical of halloween, but can be problematic to a religious person).
10. Jesus Christ (religion like politics is a taboo topic in comedy).
11. The Prophet Muhammad (Islam forbids images of their founder).
12. Charles Manson (a serial killer of great infamy).

Gray area: a male (cross-?) dress as a female, as long it's not done in malice.
I take it an Ophiuchus person (i.e. a woman has a man costume) will have a limited amount of edginess. Halloween should be scary funny, not "graphic" or "hateful", LOL. They would do a Barack Obama with beige not black face paint.

Yes, but Bunraku is asking which Sun Sign enjoys trolling the most? How about Gemini?

CapAquaPis

One year, there happened to be a lot of people wearing Devil costumes. The "born again" Christians picketing the festivities got ALL bent out of shape! :devil:

Back in the 1980s during the "Satanic panic", the peak of hysteria against the devil, esp. in heavy metal music at the time. In that decade, more people were insensitive to ethnicity like "Mexican", "Arab" and "Hindu" costumes. In the late 2010s, the controversy on should (white) children dress like Moana, the Native Hawaiian Disney "princess" that should empower girls the most, but worries of white kids put on a "brownface" act can be racially charged and unacceptable.

CapAquaPis

Yes, but Bunraku is asking which Sun Sign enjoys trolling the most? How about Gemini?

Geminis like Donald Trump and Mike Pence, spout homophobic and misogynist comments, complaints about tax-funding "the poors" (with snob nose in the air gestures) and mocking "the handicapable". Yes, Gemini would love to RL troll for cheap laughs in any day of the year besides halloween. Not family-friendly and very Un-PC...it looks like we have a tie (vs. Aquarius) in this year's astro-costume fest, but we need one more vote to determine the winner.

CapAquaPis

I designated the sun signs for each offensive costume:

1. Adolf Hitler - Aries (hotheads like the Nazi dictator).
2. Josef Stalin - Taurus (aggressive political radicalism).
3. Osama Bin Laden - Aquarius (they want to be...kinda edgy).
4. Blackface - Gemini (solely for trolling purposes).
5. "An Indian chief" - Leo (the sign of chiefs and rulers).
6. "Oriental" - Capricorn (admiration for East Asian cultures).
7. Hasidic Jew - Libra (admiration for the sign of Judaism).
8. Klan member - Virgo (they like to start something for their reasons).
9. Satan - Scorpio (the darkest sign of them all).
10. Jesus Christ - Pisces (the sign of Christianity).
11. The Prophet Muhammad - Sagittarius (the sign of religion).
12. Charles Manson - Cancer (you have many Cancer serial killers).

I could do #3 (I'm an Aquarius after all) - I don't like what he did on 9/11, but I like to do a parody of him - preferably, I'm the COVID bug for this year 2020.

CapAquaPis

How about sexiest for Scorp risings?

Scorpio people would wear "X-rated" costumes: Men dress in leather bondage and women are (can't post the word) in red-and-black lingerie. It appears in the 2020 offensive halloween costume contest: Who should win?#1 Gemini? #2 Scorpio? or #3 Aquarius? Imagine a Gemini is Donald Trump, a Scorpio is a scantily-clad Kamala Harris, and an Aquarius is a COVID bug to attack Trump and then Harris does the "domination" thing on me with her high heels. ;-)

CapAquaPis

At my workplace esp. in hard times, our company wants associates to be more appropriate and professional. We're strongly advised now to avoid talking about topics like politics (Trump or Biden), religion (Jesus or Allah), money and class, races and LGBT people, sexuality (due to sexual harassment and #metoo), and the COVID pandemic - current events, death and disease each are sensitive subjects. Controversy doesn't belong in a work environment, but Halloween in the AW is...time to be scared of anything in the name of good humor and FUN.

david starling

At my workplace esp. in hard times, our company wants associates to be more appropriate and professional. We're strongly advised now to avoid talking about topics like politics (Trump or Biden), religion (Jesus or Allah), money and class, races and LGBT people, sexuality (due to sexual harassment and #metoo), and the COVID pandemic - current events, death and disease each are sensitive subjects. Controversy doesn't belong in a work environment, but Halloween in the AW is...time to be scared of anything in the name of good humor and FUN.

Are you allowed to talk about astrology?

Another question: Company Halloween party?

Last edited:

Osamenor

Staff member

Years ago, I saw a flier for a Halloween carnival put on by an evangelical church. It was for kids and it was expected that they'd wear costumes, but the rule was no devil, witch, or vampire costumes.

This was before ethnic costumes started to be widely considered offensive. I suppose dressing as an "Indian" in feathers and "war paint" or a "Gypsy" in colorful scarves and bracelets (both of which were common and unremarkable at the time) would've been fine with the church. I wonder how they'd see it now.

Osamenor

Staff member
As for which signs would wear offensive Halloween costumes, I think all of them might. The question is why each sign would.

Aries: "I just did it, so what? Got a problem with it?"

Taurus: "That's my favorite costume, and it's pretty, too. I'm not changing my mind."

Gemini: "I'm the evil twin. My sibling's wearing the inoffensive costume."

Cancer: "[Offensive costume] is important to my ethnicity."

Leo: "It makes people notice me!"

Virgo: "I made that costume myself. I've been trying to get it right for years, and now you tell me I can't wear it?!"

Libra: "My partner likes it."

Scorpio: "I want to shock and provoke!"

Sagittarius: "I just wanted to find out what it was like to wear [offensive costume]."

Capricorn: "Who cares? I'm not trying to be liked!"

Aquarius: "Disruption, baby! I'm revolutionizing the [offensive costume]!"

Pisces: "What, that costume was offensive? I just thought it helped me blend with the universe!"

CapAquaPis

And the winner of the offensive halloween costume contest is...

*drum rolls when the host opens the envelope and reads the letter*

The sidereal Capricorn cusp tropical Aquarius "CapAquaPis" - Dr. Tony Fauci, the tropical Capricorn (Dec 24, 1940) Sicilian New Yorker/New Jersey Italian who constantly curses and swears when he discusses his scientific knowledge of beating COVID in a mafia hit style. And his tropical Aquarius moon GF (and Scorpio sun) - Dr. Deborah Birx with sexist and equally offensive ageist stereotypes of her confusing medical advice: "Don't go to the grocery store for 1 week...I mean, 2 weeks...and be in there for 10...15 minutes max".

CapAquaPis

My online friend I knew for years was pregnant last halloween and her costume was...Sam Francisco, the "Newcomer" or Tectonese alien from the 1980s sci-fi movie turned TV series "Alien Nation", about in the future, the species arrived as refugees fleeing slavery in orbiting colony ships to live freely on earth in the city of Los Angeles. Tectonese males, one of 3 genders in their human-like but extraterrestrial species, bear a developing Tectonese fetus for the second half (2.5 months out of 5) before they're born. And my online friend is a sci-fi fan (Aquarius moon trait, she loved Star Wars and is a Star Trekkie) and mother of 4 (3 from her ex, 1 with her new husband who has 2 of his own from his ex-wife, indeed a Cancer sun trait). She joked about naming the future Tectonese child either "Aster" (a girl) or "Bennu" (a boy), something related to asteroid Bennu and it's relatively close to earth this October, NASA sent a probe to land right on Bennu. I don't think that's offensive, but a pregnant male turns heads.

Edit: She is of Japanese descent by her immigrant parents, she can relate to the "Alien Nation" series about immigrants adopt to a new culture and learning to assimilate, integrate and fight for equality and justice of their Tectonese community, who are more an ethnic group than an alien species. Her ex is from Wales, the UK and her current husband is Jewish, both are Europeans and Caucasians. "Alien Nation" is a metaphor for racism and ethnicity issues, religion and social customs, and biological sex and gender identity.

Last edited: