Meaning of North node capricorn 6th house

Hi could someone please tell me the meaning of the North Node in capricorn in the 6th house, and the South Node in cancer 12th house.

This is my boyfriends chart and i was wondering about it because of our present situation, he works a lot of hours trying to build himself a career, but i am worried he might just turn into a workaholic and i won't get to see him. We have a child together and i want my son to spend plenty of time with his father.

The reason that this issue has come up is because in his last relationship, he has a daughter and he has told me he hardly ever saw her growing up she is six yrs old now, i asked him why he never spent much time with her and he said because he was always working. I personally found this a poor excuse. He still misses a few visits with her now.

I'm worried this is going to happen to me because when we met he lost his job so we were spending a lot of time together. Now everythings changed he is always at work. When i was looking at the nodes in his chart i was wondering about his south node in cancer and did he have family issues in a past life and with the node in the 12th did he have to make some sacrifice in some way.

With his North node in capricorn 6th house, is it his purpose in this life to go after a career but does that mean to sacrifice his family, to me this doesn't feel right to do this. I would really appreciate some insight on this.

Here is his birth data if you need it.

26/08/1973
4.00 am
Dublin, Ireland

Last edited:

wilsontc

Staff member
Uranus

Saturn,

Since your boyfriend has Uranus (friends) focused in the 4th house (home), he may want to be "friends" at home, close but not TOO close. He may wan to have his own space and feel overly crowded by close, intimate family situations. This possibility is increased since Uranus is distantly conjunct Venus (relationships), indicating he likes "friend relationships".

Guessing,

Tim

your question: could someone please tell me the meaning of the North Node in capricorn in the 6th house, and the South Node in cancer 12th house.

The south node represents gifts to us from past lives, and the trap of the south node is a tendency to stick with what is familiar, which can mean that we miss the opportunity for growth, and repeat the old patterns. On the other side, the north node brings success and abundance. The temptation of the north node is to forget where we have been and to focus only where we are headed...

the cancer and capricorn nodal axis is the axis of responsibility, because both cancer and capricorn are concerned with meeting our fundemantal needs in life: cancer - emotional and soul needs from an individual point of view; capricorn - concerned with the needs of the society more than the needs of an individual. The nodal axis in cancer/capricorn teachs us how to balance our responsibilities to ourselves and others. I would say the keyword is "SELF-RELIANCE".

With the south node in cancer, this person is more familiar with being emotionally dependent on others. There is a tendency to become needy - the trap of the south node. What he/she needs to learn is to understand the purpose of the north node in capricorn - how you can take responsibilities for yourself, how you can free yourself from being dependent on others, and then how you can help others discover their own self-reliance after you discovered yours.

the south node is also called ketu. Ketu falling in the twelfth house could indicate some potential illness - don't take this seriously. The whole chart needs to be seen before making a statement about health.

Hi Danny,

You were right about the North Node, being a strong focus on where my partner is heading, i guess if that is his spiritual purpose for this lifetime he can't help but feel the strong pull in that direction of his life. I don't want him to miss his oppurtunity for growth and repeat past life patterns.

The axis of responsibility were his nodes fall, he has to learn to meet his emotional soul needs, and his fundamental needs in life within society, balancing his responsibilities to himself and to others.The key word being self reliance. I think there is alot of truth to what you are saying here there has to be a balance.

I do think what you said about my partner being emotionally dependent on others is also true he can be very needy at times he's this strong person to the outside world but inside at home i see his vulnerability, and sensitive side.
I guess he does also have to learn to free himself of his dependence on others, he has had to depend on me in the past.This finding his own self reliance. It's the same life purpose that i have with my nodes.I have my north node in my first house in virgo, so my south node is in my 7th house pisces. When i really look at the situation i think it is about me being dependent on my partner falling back into my south node, focusing all my attention on my partner, when i should be focusing on myself and what i want to achieve in my lifetime meet some of my own needs, as well as being there supportively for him i need to balance the two.

Maybe this is why i was panicking , it was more about me than it was about him, i think i was a little harsh on him because he actually brought me some flowers and chocolates home last night and said he was going to see if he could work different hours because he was missing me and our son.

I need to follow my destiny as well as my partner needs to follow his, we will meet in the middle somehow. If the relationship is strong we can work through this together.

Re: Uranus

Hi Tim,

wilsontc said:
Since your boyfriend has Uranus (friends) focused in the 4th house (home), he may want to be "friends" at home, close but not TOO close. He may wan to have his own space and feel overly crowded by close, intimate family situations. This possibility is increased since Uranus is distantly conjunct Venus (relationships), indicating he likes "friend relationships".

I think you are right about this although i have never felt that he doesn't want to get too close to me and just have more of a friendly relationship. When he has talked about a past relationship he has said that she tried to control him and take away his freedom and he doesn't believe in trapping people, and you should be able to go out as much as you like,without needing permission.

Poupoupidou

Hi could someone please tell me the meaning of the North Node in capricorn in the 6th house, and the South Node in cancer 12th house.

This is my boyfriends chart and i was wondering about it because of our present situation, he works a lot of hours trying to build himself a career, but i am worried he might just turn into a workaholic and i won't get to see him. We have a child together and i want my son to spend plenty of time with his father.

The reason that this issue has come up is because in his last relationship, he has a daughter and he has told me he hardly ever saw her growing up she is six yrs old now, i asked him why he never spent much time with her and he said because he was always working. I personally found this a poor excuse. He still misses a few visits with her now.

I'm worried this is going to happen to me because when we met he lost his job so we were spending a lot of time together. Now everythings changed he is always at work. When i was looking at the nodes in his chart i was wondering about his south node in cancer and did he have family issues in a past life and with the node in the 12th did he have to make some sacrifice in some way.

With his North node in capricorn 6th house, is it his purpose in this life to go after a career but does that mean to sacrifice his family, to me this doesn't feel right to do this. I would really appreciate some insight on this.

I don't think his north and south node positions are indicative of sacrificing his family for career at all. I think they are unrelated to your situation (more about NN in capricorn here).

Father daughter relationships are ruled by Pallas Athena, so you may want to check what is happening in his chart, her chart and between the both of them in this respect. Are there harmonious aspects or not?

Besides, his Pallas is in Scorpio and sometimes scorpio is indicative of secrets or hidden truths or pains, but not always.

The 5th house rules (amongst others) being a father. So check this too in his chart.

You may also want to check Juno between the both of you.

Last edited: