Should I ask him out?

LovelyMissAries

I think the chart says no.. there's just a lot of Saturnarian influence indicating delays, disappointments, fear, etc. The angles are fixed as well.

L1 / Sun is in Capricorn aspecting Mercury, both in Moon's detriment. I don't really want to do the asking. I don't feel confident in doing the asking, I'm overthinking, and currently have no plan of how I want to ask.

L1 is also receiving L7 ruler, L7 is in it's own sign. I'm about him, and he's about him. There is an applying conjunction, but the orb is too wide.

L7 ruler IS aspecting L10 though for public events? That could be we go out on work together though, esp the L10 is ruled by Taurus. Money making. I noticed Venus is in turned L12 but he's single, no divorce under his belt, and there's no one at work he'd want I'd think.

Attachments

• shouldi.jpg
    shouldi.jpg
    50.3 KB · Views: 38

Osamenor

Staff member
What reservations do you have about asking him out?

There's a reason you made this a horary question, instead of just going ahead and asking him out. There's also a reason you're interpreting the answer as a negative. I think your "no" reflects the reservations you already had. I'm not convinced that it's just that you're not sure how. Unless you've never before asked out anyone you were interested in?

You're Sun in this chart. He's Saturn. You're on Saturn's terms, not vice versa (which you picked up on).

Sun applies conjunction to Saturn. Moon is in a separating square to both of them. My take (as someone with very minimal knowledge of horary) is that you had a fleeting interest in this guy, but it soon passes (Moon square to both of you separating), likely because of circumstances that brought you together briefly. You mentioned work. Is he a coworker of yours? Have you recently been placed together on a project, or something that brought you together during work?

The applying conjunction could reflect a situation in which you're soon going to be together more in your regular lives. If you are indeed coworkers, that may mean you'll have to work together more. If you really do have reservations about this guy, they'll likely become more apparent to you when you're around him more often.

And if you are coworkers, that right there is a good reason to have reservations about it. Dating a coworker can cause all kinds of issues, in a way that dating someone you don't work with wouldn't. But it sounds like you have other reservations as well.

Last edited:

LovelyMissAries

No, I've never asked anyone out. Yes, we are coworkers. He's also older than me by a few years. I was very much attracted to him the past few weeks, and we have a rapport, but I realized I know nothing about him which made me feel more reserved (although less nervous around him.)

Oh, now that I think about it though he won't be there at all next week because of work. I wonder if that's also the Moon separating.

Yes, I'm biased in my answer. In my heart of hearts I don't want to ask someone out, but I think about what if I don't and miss my chance? And the fact we work together. I would die if he said no and we still were in the same office. If we DID develop a relationship, we'd have to work in separate departments.

Last edited:

Osamenor

Staff member
And the fact we work together. I would die if he said no and we still were in the same office. If we DID develop a relationship, we'd have to work in separate departments.

Those are complications you get if you ask out a coworker. And reason enough, in and of themselves, not to do it, even if said coworker is someone you definitely would ask out if you knew them under different circumstances.

But it sounds like you're not even sure he is someone you would ask out if you knew him under different circumstances. Is that correct?

I also think you're more interested in him than he is in you. His significator is in domicile, and your significator is the one applying the conjunction. My understanding of horary significators in domicile is that they represent a person who's in their element and focused on doing their own thing.

And Saturn has no aspects other than that separating square from Moon and very wide orb conjunction from Sun. I read that as, he probably isn't taken (aspect to another planet would indicate involvement with someone else), but he's much more interested in other things, and possibly not really available because of it. Expressed interest from you might feel flattering to him, but I don't think it would shift his focus.

tikana

sun does conjunct saturn - if you do ask him out, dont expect a lot to happen. you are burning sun and sun is happy on his own. yes 5th house i guess this is the romance is mind.
merc that is trailing after sun tells us that saturn will be a lot happier with merc and it is visa versa.

IMO don't ask him out. (notice moon is void)

ElenaJ

As Tikana pointed out, the moon here is void of course, so not a lot will come out of the issue, whether you ask him out or not.
Also, Saturn rules both the 7th and the 6th, so as Osamenor pointed out you risk compromising your work situation, which is an important consideration.
The significators sun and Saturn are coming to a conjunction in the 5th, but sun first has to connect with Venus and with Neptune.
Saturn is strong in its own sign, but in sun's house and in the Face of sun, so he too has some interest in you. Saturn is in the degree of the ascendent again showing some connection, but inconjunct, so an uncomfortable connection.
Do you know, by the way, whether he is available or in a relationship?
Rather than ask him out, why not just test the waters, find out if he is available if you don't know yet (Venus near the descendent could be a woman), have coffee together, etc.
Get to know him better, and give him a chance to ask you out.
Consider also that Neptune of delusion is on the cusp of the 8th of sex, are you sure he is sexually available to you?
Note that he as Saturn is moving to a conjunction with disruptive Pluto, ruler of the 4th end of matters, and this will happen before you yourself reach Saturn.
Probably best to find out more before you make a move.

LovelyMissAries

sun does conjunct saturn - if you do ask him out, dont expect a lot to happen. you are burning sun and sun is happy on his own. yes 5th house i guess this is the romance is mind.
merc that is trailing after sun tells us that saturn will be a lot happier with merc and it is visa versa.

IMO don't ask him out. (notice moon is void)

I thought I was Sun?

But Saturn would be happier with Merc because it can't burn him, if I understand correctly?

I wonder if that could symbolize our other coworker trying to push us together the other day. The three of us were sitting there and she (she's an older woman with grown kids and a boyfriend) tried throwing out the idea of us all going to get beers one day. I felt embarrassed so I made up something about it being months away when it's warmer.

Last edited:

LovelyMissAries

As Tikana pointed out, the moon here is void of course, so not a lot will come out of the issue, whether you ask him out or not.
Also, Saturn rules both the 7th and the 6th, so as Osamenor pointed out you risk compromising your work situation, which is an important consideration.
The significators sun and Saturn are coming to a conjunction in the 5th, but sun first has to connect with Venus and with Neptune.
Saturn is strong in its own sign, but in sun's house and in the Face of sun, so he too has some interest in you. Saturn is in the degree of the ascendent again showing some connection, but inconjunct, so an uncomfortable connection.
Do you know, by the way, whether he is available or in a relationship?
Rather than ask him out, why not just test the waters, find out if he is available if you don't know yet (Venus near the descendent could be a woman), have coffee together, etc.
Get to know him better, and give him a chance to ask you out.
Consider also that Neptune of delusion is on the cusp of the 8th of sex, are you sure he is sexually available to you?
Note that he as Saturn is moving to a conjunction with disruptive Pluto, ruler of the 4th end of matters, and this will happen before you yourself reach Saturn.
Probably best to find out more before you make a move.

Yes, he's single for sure, and straight if that's what you mean. Funny you mention that because I had asked my coworker the other day if he was gay, since you can't assume. He happened to specify he wasn't yesterday. I used to be REALLY interested in him but something in me changed and I realized I didn't know anything about him which changed my feelings. True, we've only known each other a month. He does seem to like talking to me specifically, initiates conversation and tries to get my attention when he's in my area. But he makes me nervous so I try to focus on work. There's been a few instances where I think hints were dropped. I think he has some confidence issues around his looks because of a conversation we had, but he also comes across as very sure of himself / his ideas too. Yes, I thought about the Saturn / Pluto thing too.

Last edited:

tikana

I thought I was Sun?

But Saturn would be happier with Merc because it can't burn him, if I understand correctly?

I wonder if that could symbolize our other coworker trying to push us together the other day. The three of us were sitting there and she (she's an older woman with grown kids and a boyfriend) tried throwing out the idea of us all going to get beers one day. I felt embarrassed so I made up something about it being months away when it's warmer.

sun burns
saturn will get hurt
merc will keep saturn happy.
Merc/saturn is not in relationship atm. but they will be once merc enteres moeity of merc/saturn.

Iced8Ace

Just letting you know, I've not seen the Sun-Saturn in Capricorn conjunction work. I did a horary last year, (time framed) and nothing came of it.